Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It's kinda of like how they give out Oscars and Grammys for "body of work" once it becomes too embarrassing someone hasn't won after 40 years in the business.

Masi was fired for his body of incompetence...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

boop the snoot posted:

I am glad the FIA has officially deemed Max's WDC fraudulent.

Not the justice I wanted but it's better than no justice at all.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I love this years cars so much, but that Ferrari, man that Ferrari sucks rear end

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
max winning was ftw

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Fraudulent travesty witnessing, I agree

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
The new Ferrari looks great, which almost certainly means they spent most of their capped budget on collaborations with Milan's top industrial designers and will not have any money left to try and make it go fast :shrug: You'll notice that Chazzes numbers one and two both hinted at this straight off in the intro video. #essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poty posted:

A very true statement OP, even if Abu Dhabi was just a panic situation, his decisions in Brazil, Saudi Arabia and Italy were very bad and unfair.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1494335402244591641

Wow, you won't see that headline in the F1 media

Shocking bias once again from the English language F1 press. This is why no legit F1 news source is in English.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Glad they're finally doing something about the shocking decision to not disqualify Lewis at Silverstone after he nearly killed Max with a pit maneuver and yet was allowed to win the race. No place for that in the modern era.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acidx posted:

Glad they're finally doing something about the shocking decision to not disqualify Lewis at Silverstone after he nearly killed Max with a pit maneuver and yet was allowed to win the race. No place for that in the modern era.

It was also extremely strange when Lewis Hamilton was allowed to keep his license after driving into the back of Max Verstappen in Saudi Arabia. Too busy melting down to watch where he was driving.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Especially egregious after Lewis wedged his head under Max's wheel. Shameful even.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was also extremely strange when Lewis Hamilton was allowed to keep his license after driving into the back of Max Verstappen in Saudi Arabia. Too busy melting down to watch where he was driving.

Please do not meltdown shame

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Shocking bias once again from the English language F1 press. This is why no legit F1 news source is in English.

this is similar to US reporting on FIFA corruption

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
The simple fact of matter is that, if the FIA hadn't been biased towards Mercedes, the final race wouldn't have been this close. In a just world Max would have been undisputed champion at the end of the Mexican GP. Instead the stewards blatantly gave Mercedes free passes for attempted murder in Silverstone + gone bowling in Hungary + sprint racing in Brasil in coordination with Mercedes so they could freely eat a 20 spot penalty for installing turbo engines after every race. The final lap in Abu Dhabi shouldn't have made a difference in any event, but because of open Mercedes cheating that the stewards were too afraid to tackle, now we have to deal with some sort of "taint" on a clear cut WDC

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Deltasquid posted:

. Instead the stewards blatantly gave Mercedes free passes for attempted murder in Silverstone

Stopped reading this revisionist history right here.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Here's my Hot Take: What Masi did was dumb but also Mercedes failing to anticipate a scenario that they easily could have covered off if did occur and likely would've regained the lead had it not was equally as dumb so its all a wash and all the nerds can stop writing loving essays about it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Really excited that 2022 will be the year nobody gives a poo poo about noted frauds poois shamilton and lax vercrappen because they'll be too busy melting down itt about the Scud Buds absolutely running away with the WDC and WCC. #ForzaCharles

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

Really excited that 2022 will be the year nobody gives a poo poo about noted frauds poois shamilton and lax vercrappen because they'll be too busy melting down itt about the Scud Buds absolutely running away with the WDC and WCC. #ForzaCharles

This, OP. The fraud post-2014 era is over and it is time for the Huns to be exposed and leave the sport again, hopefully before they kill another 100 Frenchmen or something.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

italian quid posted:

Here's my Hot Take: What Masi did was dumb but also Mercedes failing to anticipate a scenario that they easily could have covered off if did occur and likely would've regained the lead had it not was equally as dumb so its all a wash and all the nerds can stop writing loving essays about it.

And yet here you are posting about it months later

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

italian quid posted:

I still don't think I've heard what Merc could have done strategy wise to prevent this scenario. Give up track position to Max late in the race and dealing with Checo a second time? Pit as soon as Latifi binned it once again giving Max position and risking the race ending under SC? Pretty sure every scenario involves giving the lead to Max, and I can say with 100% certainty Max would either win or they would double DNF.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Zeta Acosta posted:

bring the professor in niki´s old consultant role. the 641 should have won the wdc in 1990.

It wouldn't have. The later MP4/5B was simply faster.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

rpop posted:

This Ferrari launch is great, I love how they put subtitles on the chief clown to correct his broken Italian English into proper English. The car itself is ugly as sin, with the black front and rear wings, looks like they couldn't afford enough paint for a proper paint job. It reminds me of the very plain Ferrari 641, also hideous as gently caress.

:getout:

Frond fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 17, 2022

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We must ban Amerikkkans from this thread so they stop posting things like this imo please RT if you agree #MissionWinnow #KeepFightingMichael

Yeah it's a weird criticism. The 641 was a beautiful car.

Frond fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 17, 2022

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

italian quid posted:

Mercedes made baffling tactical decisions all season.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
drat, that F-whatever random number Ferrari have picked this year is a nice-looking car. Let's hope it goes as well as it looks and brings the Scud back to its old almost-winning-but-loving-themselves-over ways.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

And yet here you are posting about it months later

Fair enough.

I'm thinking of watching the first season of Survivor. Just to get a taste

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

That's not how you spell McLaren

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

rpop posted:

This Ferrari launch is great, I love how they put subtitles on the chief clown to correct his broken Italian English into proper English. The car itself is ugly as sin, with the black front and rear wings, looks like they couldn't afford enough paint for a proper paint job. It reminds me of the very plain Ferrari 641, also hideous as gently caress.

man it must suck to be dumb as all gently caress

but also it looks more like the 643

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Had Hamilton done any actual press photos for the new Mercedes

Or anything

Do we have anything from him beyond a shot of him at the Grand Canyon

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

man it must suck to be dumb as all gently caress

but also it looks more like the 643

Also an attractive car. Not great though.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Or anything

a newer shot of him under some palm trees

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Or anything

The Mercedes car launch is tomorrow.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ferrari tried to steal designs from Mercedes unfortunately all they got out of it was a gallon of black paint

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

That's not how you spell McLaren

You confuse the vastly superior, cool and good Scud Buds for the very lame and :sad: Papaya Bois, sir.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

serious gaylord posted:

The Mercedes car launch is tomorrow.

Guess we’ll find out if he is done touring America

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Or anything

He was briefly in a video of Russell doing a seat fitting

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Or anything

He was photographed talking to George who was suited up sitting in the car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

You confuse the vastly superior, cool and good Scud Buds for the very lame and :sad: Papaya Bois, sir.

what the gently caress is this poo poo?? mods?!??!?!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol @ masi, very funny man

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Michael did you see my chat with the virtual race support bot ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Pleased to see that Our Otmar, the Third Greatest American, is back in a management role