Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Sorry I will do better at honoring the house of mouse with my traditional dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Sorry I will do better at honoring the house of mouse with my traditional dance.

This you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARnyfl6_tI

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
People don't want to hear it, but Harlem Shake is one of the most underappreciated internet trends of 2013.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Paladinus posted:

People don't want to hear it, but Harlem Shake is one of the most underappreciated internet trends of 2013.

Harlem-shaking my head at this hot take.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i was a big fan of the super late harlem shakes done by like municipal concils and hr offices

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Yeah it feels disrespectful and inappropriate, but it looks like the haka has been used for all sorts of purposes so if they're happy to perform it then eh v:shobon:v

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Yeah it feels disrespectful and inappropriate, but it looks like the haka has been used for all sorts of purposes so if they're happy to perform it then eh v:shobon:v

They seem respectful enough about it. I'll wait til we get the maori opinion, or at least kiwi opinion since it seems they are pretty aware of how to do it as a nation nowadays.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"when you tryna chill but your siblings love annoyin you"
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_otp084pOB11vnq1cr.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_quwu9hzQDh1vmobp0.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrza07x2h81vmobp0.mp4

"Jose Vitancio Umeres is an expert in pre-historic Peruvian wind/musical instruments. "
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r72zi5rS5N1vij12m.mp4

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

ekuNNN posted:

"Jose Vitancio Umeres is an expert in pre-historic Peruvian wind/musical instruments. "

:staredog:

Found his site. He has some for sale! https://josevitancio.com/

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ekuNNN posted:

Oh man, those seem cool. Seems like they're versions of those cow tubes but with really specific chambers and openings.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SpacePig posted:

Oh man, those seem cool. Seems like they're versions of those cow tubes but with really specific chambers and openings.

Yes those are Cow Tools.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Paladinus posted:

Especially the one where the nude guy shits on his friend

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

RFC2324 posted:

They seem respectful enough about it. I'll wait til we get the maori opinion, or at least kiwi opinion since it seems they are pretty aware of how to do it as a nation nowadays.

There's a room full of maori right there who are evidently all of the opinion that it's cool and good, why are goons thousands of miles away legislating on when a culture can or can't use their own cultural traditions

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Butterfly Valley posted:

There's a room full of maori right there who are evidently all of the opinion that it's cool and good, why are goons thousands of miles away legislating on when a culture can or can't use their own cultural traditions

Because goons, duh

I personally missed that they were maori lol

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
This is supposed to be the blessed thread don't be a poo poo.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Butterfly Valley posted:

Well, personally, I think there's something off when you use a ritual to "bless?" an effigy of what is ultimately a consumer product. I'd probably react the same way if the Pope blessed a can of pepsi cola, even if everyone at St. Peter's basilica told me it was cool and good.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Not to unbless the thread, but there is also a point where, unless you're actually a practicing Catholic, it would be perfectly okay to not have an opinion about it.

Like, not even to be insulting... in a world where everything feels like it has massive cultural and equitable stakes, simply not having an opinion about something has become a lost art.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Well, personally, I think there's something off when you use a ritual to "bless?" an effigy of what is ultimately a consumer product. I'd probably react the same way if the Pope blessed a can of pepsi cola, even if everyone at St. Peter's basilica told me it was cool and good.

It's a guy presenting a painstakingly handcrafted, beautiful piece of artwork to someone else that celebrates the most important part of their life's work. They perform a 30 second ritual of the culture they both belong to, to honour and respect the gifting. Stop being weird.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Butterfly Valley posted:

...Stop being weird.

That's like asking your average goon to bathe regularly, it's a fools errand.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

The current pope signed a sports car--I think it was a lambo--that was then sold at auction, with proceeds going to charity.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

RFC2324 posted:

Morrison and I both come from the same tribal lands.

My uncle taught the wood carving dude at school

The haka is cool and good here actually, and the hongi is similarly blessed

Yall can ease up on the colonised indigenous peoples who have retained a skerrick of their culture post invasion tyvm

Jestery fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 17, 2022

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Jestery posted:

Morrison and I both come from the same tribal lands.

My uncle taught the wood carving dude at school

The haka is cool and good here actually, and the hongi is similarly blessed

Yall can ease up on the colonised indigenous peoples who have retained a skerrick of their culture post invasion tyvm

Finally, a blessed post

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The haka is really lame in rugby as it's supposed to be about intimidating the opposition but everyone cries if the other team does anything except stand there meekly watching it and giving a polite round of applause.

It was even lamer back when the NZ team was a bunch of white dudes, but not by much.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Butterfly Valley posted:

Stop being weird.

Dude I'm presenting an opinion here, agree/disagree but don't be a dick.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

sassassin posted:

The haka is really lame in rugby as it's supposed to be about intimidating the opposition but everyone cries if the other team does anything except stand there meekly watching it and giving a polite round of applause.

It was even lamer back when the NZ team was a bunch of white dudes, but not by much.

I can personally buy the no haka argument, but good luck stopping 10-20 Maori fellas from doing it.

Personally I prefer the "well where is your war dance?" Tact, If all you can muster up is a meek look away , just lol

There was a Bledisloe cup some time ago where the Australian team locked arms and marched towards the new Zealand team till they were like a meter from the haka, was loving great. No one said it was poo poo, it was awesome and everyone loved it

The indigenous Australians have started their own "Haka" before sports and such in a small way and it honestly amps up the energy so much more.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Dude I'm presenting an opinion here, agree/disagree but don't be a dick.

Your opinion is dumb.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Your opinion is dumb.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Especially the one where the nude guy shits on his friend

Link por favor

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Your opinion is dumb.

disagree :colbert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

You have no business criticising someone else's cultural practices. Hence, your opinion is dumb. Now piss off.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

You have no business criticising someone else's cultural practices. Hence, your opinion is dumb. Now piss off.

That's what I meant, yes.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Now back to blessed content

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Field Mousepad posted:

Link por favor

The most amazing Harlem Shake!
There are a few who might think it's :nws: but YMMV

https://archive.org/details/harlem-shake-poop

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 18, 2022

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The most amazing Harlem Shake!
There are a few who might think it's :nws: but YMMV

Not #blessed but it is a :lol:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Blessed for us, cursed for him: he's a youtube star named Blippi and he made this video before he got famous, he keeps trying to stamp it out but it keeps coming back.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Blessed for us, cursed for him: he's a youtube star named Blippi and he made this video before he got famous, he keeps trying to stamp it out but it keeps coming back.

You failed to note that he’s a CHILDRENS YouTube star, which is even better.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Agreed

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's a guy presenting a painstakingly handcrafted, beautiful piece of artwork to someone else that celebrates the most important part of their life's work. They perform a 30 second ritual of the culture they both belong to, to honour and respect the gifting. Stop being weird.
It's kind of sad that their culture has been so disrupted and watered down that they feel the need to honor monthly Disney effigy.

Hyperlynx posted:

Lol cultural relativism is bullshit. Don't judge me I'm just carving off clitorises here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its cool because maoris are often not prominent in pop culture so its a win for them and theyre celebrating ya dingus