Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Motronic posted:

I love old bay......on shrimp or something appropriate. I don't know why you'd both putting anything else in there, because old bay can overpower just about anything (other than a cup of ranch dressing I guess).

These sound like hangover food. And that's all cool and good, but probably not what the average person wants for dinner.

I tried Hello Fresh for a couple of months and they were constantly pushing "Old Bay potatoes" in their recipes so I assume someone else was doing it which inspired Hello Fresh and the Reddit OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for choosing to be with my heartbroken sister for Valentine’s Day rather than my husband

quote:

So I (29f) am the oldest of two siblings A bother (28) and a sister who I will call Emma (21) for the sake of the post . I’m extremely protective towards my siblings due to our childhood (workaholic parents that were never there)

When me and my (30) husband met 7 years ago I explained I’m basically their mother and when they need me I will drop everything to go to them

Even before we got married I made him promise me to that he accepted my loyalty with my siblings will always come first

Recently my sister did something stupid which caused her childhood sweetheart whom she’d been with since she was 15 to ghost her**. Since the 9th of February she’s been staying at our home and I’ve been helping her deal with her first heartbreak which she’s taking bad (think Bella new moon bad)

Of course Valentine’s Day being so close it was going to be harder for her

You can imagine my anger when my husband decorated our bedroom and got me an over the top gift basket with extremely expensive makeup/skin-care. I don’t know did he make a stupid mistake trying to mean well or did he set out to prove a point as he’s been a bit of a crab towards my sister.

He hasn’t shown her any pity nor does he support me “treating her like an innocent baby”

On Valentine’s Day he called me and said get ready he was taking me out to surprise me i honestly was needing a break out and I was glad we weren’t fighting anymore

While I was getting ready my sister entered the room and had a breakdown which ended in a panic attack, she was still crying in my arms when my husband entered our room dressed in a suit

I just mouthed “sorry” and he threw down the roses screaming “gently caress IT I CANT TAKE THIS poo poo ANYMORE”

He came back home around 3am and slept on the floor of our bedroom (by his own wishes) since than he hasn’t spoken too me

My brother has told me I was in the right as family comes first but my friends are on my husbands side

**cheated on him

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

**cheated on him

Lol, whoopsie

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mx. posted:

AITA for choosing to be with my heartbroken sister for Valentine’s Day rather than my husband

**cheated on him

quote:

(think Bella new moon bad)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mx. posted:

**cheated on him

quote:

I’m not letting her play victim but our own father took his life when we turned our back on him so I know it’s no excuse but it’s my biggest fear that it will happen to someone in our family again

weird how "our family" doesn't seem to include her husband

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

That was it thank you! Just guys being guys doing normal guy stuff.

This is both sad and hilarious. Like...your problem isn't that your wife thinks that you're gay, your problem is that you were going to bisexual-themed sex-parties and she walked in on one of them. Lots of dudes out there just need to admit that they're a comfortable 2 on the Kinsey Scale and then try to work that stuff out in a way that doesn't hurt their romantic partners.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

pentyne posted:

weird how "our family" doesn't seem to include her husband

This is the thing that always gets me about these stories. When I got married to my wife I was super stoked to form a new family unit that consisted of the two of us! Finally we had a chance to form a family of choice as opposed to a family of circumstance! And these dumbasses are just like “nope, family comes first and just because I chose to join my life with you in front of all our friends doesn’t mean that you qualify.”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

This is the thing that always gets me about these stories. When I got married to my wife I was super stoked to form a new family unit that consisted of the two of us! Finally we had a chance to form a family of choice as opposed to a family of circumstance! And these dumbasses are just like “nope, family comes first and just because I chose to join my life with you in front of all our friends doesn’t mean that you qualify.”

With the story about their father, there's 0 chance the OP didn't become the emotional punching bag for the rest of them to dump their problems on and demand all the special treatment

Also, want to know why they all turned their back on the dad, because while yeah it sucks he killed himself if it was because he was a child molester or something that's more of a "get therapy to cope with reasonable trauma from a extreme outcome" not "my family might kill themselves at the drop of a hat if I don't immediately rush to their side"

If it was a divorce/mental health thing, still big for the therapy but even then if OP honestly fears her sister killing herself because she wasn't the center of attention for several days to the exclusion of OP's husband including OP raging at him for Valentine's Day gifts then realistically she's not remotely qualified to give the level of help she thinks her sister needs.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Right, he should 100% stop cooking these potatoes for for the family because the family doesn't like them, that's why he's the rear end in a top hat. But for the actual taste of the dish we only have the input of a professional gourmet chef, a second adult who doesn't cook for a living, and a few children of unspecified age. She doesn't seem to understand that cheese, ranch, and old bay all contain salt, maybe take her input with a grain of salt (:hurr:)?

It's an unusual combination and may be offputting, but is probably a comfort food for the chef for some specific reason. But clearly the wife and kids have plenty of times and they don't like it so ... do something else. My initial response was just that it wasn't an unusual proportion of wet ingredients for mashed potatoes, most home recipes underdo it in that regard.

Just because something is your profession doesn't mean you're infallible within that field.

Hell, there are countless people the world over making a lot more money with a lot more important jobs than him that have no clue what they're doing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Sorry, family operates under union rules. Siblings have seniority over new hires and if there's a problem it's last hired, first fired.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

Sorry, family operates under union rules. Siblings have seniority over new hires and if there's a problem it's last hired, first fired.

Employee Stack not a Queue.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

I’m sure the husband agrees and is about to give notice

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
AITA For Accidentally Ruining My Best Friends Pregnancy Announcement?

quote:

I (25F) moved back to my home town November last year from living across my country where I studied at Uni. I moved in with my parents (52F) and (53M), who live right near my best friends house.

Recently though, I’ve been having some trouble breathing. It happens randomly, It’s like in my throat there becomes a barrier, and when I breathe the air can’t go down, and only bounces back up again. That’s probably my best description. I get a sore chest, a headache, and sweaty when this happens. I can usually cure it by drinking water or taking a puff of my dads inhaler.

The other day my friend Agatha (26F) called me and her other friends over to her house and made us all wait in the hall while she set some stuff up. When she opened her door there were several pink and blue balloons and a two-tier cake. She yelled, “I’m having a baby!” and we all crowded around her in excitement.

Her husband wasn’t here yet, so she sat us all down and told us when he comes, hide, and then shout out surprise like you would at a surprise party. We got pretty hyped up I dare say, and some of the girls started behaving like teens and couldn’t stop giggling.

I hid behind the sofa with this other girl called Samantha, and we kept having to hush each other because we kept squealing. It was like we all regressed back to our 15-year-old selves.

When he did come he was with a friend, which gave us a pretty clear warning to shut up, so we all piped down. When the handle turned, painfully slowly as he was so distracted by his friend, my throat started to feel a bit weird, so I started massaging it. I was extremely aware of the feeling, but my bag and water bottle were all the way across the room, so I would have to hold off getting rid of the feeling until her man came in. It did keep getting worse though, and I kept having to quietly grasp onto some air. When he finally entered, everyone yelled ‘SURPRISE!” Except me, because my voice came out in a strangled gasp for air. He freaked out and started grinning, but everyone immediately turned their attention to me when I started gasping. I could barely speak and was completely freaking out. My chest hurt, my head, and I got extremely hot.

Everyone came rushing over to me, checking to see if I was okay, with no attention on the mother to be. She got mad and stormed out of the room. I got someone to get my bag and took 3 puffs on the inhaler, and a lot of water.

Sam and some other girls ended up driving me home, and since my parents were at their bach in Wellington, they stayed and took care of me.

The next day I got an angry phone call from my BFF, telling me how I stole her moment, and she doesn’t want to see me anymore. She complained I took away her guests, and that the moment her husband found out was ruined for him too. We got into a heated argument, and I called her a variety of rude words.

Now a lot of people aren’t talking to me, and are saying I should apologise.

Am I the rear end in a top hat in this situation?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Halloween Jack posted:

I can usually cure it by drinking water or taking a puff of my dads inhaler.

American healthcare strikes again

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mx. posted:

American healthcare strikes again

New Zealand, where healthcare is free.

Halloween Jack posted:

uhhhh

quote:

Actually I was talking to her in chat, and she said that the nurse said it wasn't a big deal. Also, where she lives and I live, white people are actually less likely to get treatment, jobs, etc, than darker skinned or Maori. It sucks.

This person appears to be her alt that is defending her for not going to a doctor. (She says she did and they just said "idk we're not treating breathing problems, keep using your dad's inhaler.") They aren't even vaccinated yet. They had an appointment for one last week but didn't go "because of anxiety."

This is... A LOT.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sounds like a Kiwi chud, gently caress em all.

astronautism
Oct 3, 2002
Any time you get “Cajun” fries somewhere (5 guys, Bojangles, etc), That’s Old Bay ®

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Total horseshit. Like every goddamn time you even walk *near* a medical professional in NZ they will badger you about feeling unwell, with shortness of breath explicitly high up on the symptom list that they harangue you at length about.

The race comment is an *extra* layer of eyeroll. gently caress'em.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA because I caused my roommate to lose her scholarship?

quote:

I'm (17F) a student in my first year of university and have lived with my roommate Jen 19F for a few months now, we're both in pre-law. I know that she's had a tough life as a foster kid and has worked hard to earn an academic scholarship. She thinks I'm a stuck-up bourgeois rich girl, so in passing we are cordial to each other but not close.

Recently we had a conflict because I landed one of a few highly coveted internship spots. I acknowledge that I had an advantage because I asked my mom to help prepare and go over professional behavior during interviews. Jen berated me for almost an hour (told me that this is why the french guillotined the rich) and physically blocked me from leaving the room when I tried to de-escalate. I called my parents to let them know that I wanted a room switch, but we made a decision to not to report her behavior because it may impact her scholarship and we would't be living together anymore.

Before I moved, I noticed that my necklace disappeared out of my jewelry box after I came back from the gym. I freaked out because it has huge sentimental value to me - it's the first anniversary necklace my dad bought my mom after they paid off their student loans and has a distinctive engraving in the back. I suspect my roommate took it but once again I was berated for accusing her because I thought poor people had no morals, which isn't true. I suspect her because she was the only one in the room who could've taken it!

I had a lot of anxiety telling my mom about this because I didn't want her to think I'm not being responsible with my things. Mom's assistant tracked down the necklace to a local pawn shop and the payout was linked to Jen's school email. Mom once told me that her corporate lawyer persona is "my d*ck is bigger than yours" and things escalated really quickly after she sent a strongly worded letter to the dean with the evidence and questioned the integrity bar they had for pre-law students. Jen has been suspended for the quarter and last I heard her academic scholarship has been revoked.

I'm feeling really guilty because I think I may have robbed Jen of an opportunity in life, over what at the end of the day is just a necklace. I'm not sure it was worth it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Midnight Voyager posted:

uhhhh

This person appears to be her alt that is defending her for not going to a doctor. (She says she did and they just said "idk we're not treating breathing problems, keep using your dad's inhaler.") They aren't even vaccinated yet. They had an appointment for one last week but didn't go "because of anxiety."

This is... A LOT.

lol

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

The french guillotined the rich for...having their moms help them with interviews?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Midnight Voyager posted:

uhhhh

This is... A LOT.
Hey, now healthcare may be free and easily accessible in New Zealand, but apparently OP and her sockpuppet don't live there; they live in Fakeistan, where white people are persecuted and denied free medical care.

Baronjutter posted:

Sounds like a Kiwi chud, gently caress em all.
Yeah, she can gently caress off and die.

Barudak posted:

Isnt this just a remix of the new york bartender trap post?

Yes

ibntumart posted:

Found it from r/relationships several thread iterations ago. Enjoy (please keep feet-stamping and t-shirt chewing to a minimum):

My wife [30F] thinks I'm [33M] gay? [/33M][misunderstanding]

One of my favorite posts from any of the r/relationships thread's regeneration. Nicknames from years past for this gem include "Sleepover at Ernest Cline's House" and "Ready Player Cum."

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for calling my wife a bad host for not including me and my co workers in dinner?

I have housekeeping books from the fifties where the wife is advised to put canned goods for one meal on the shelf, then paste paper over the shelf so that the food is always available to cook for last-minute guests. This guy would obviously be happier in that time period.

On a purely literal level, what does the bolded part mean? Like one of your shelves has a fake paper banner in front of it so it looks empty? Or that shelf has contact paper on it, or something else? Why would someone do this?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 18, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

it is a nice turnaround, from "oh OP can't breathe, that sounds concerning" to "oh OP is loving chud, I hope they stop breathing"

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hughlander posted:

The roommate lost the scholarship all on her own.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Brandfarlig posted:

The french guillotined the rich for...having their moms help them with interviews?

It turns out Jen posts in the r/relationships thread on the Something Awful forums!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

8one6 posted:

The roommate lost the scholarship all on her own.

It's the same logic people have with the "how dare you make XXX look bad, by talking about the things that they have done and never apologized for."

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Lol, just a ticking time bomb for self-inflicted respiratory issues. Friend knows what's up.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for making my wife think our son was missing?

quote:

My wife has a horrible habit that I discovered 2 months ago. We were ordering lunch on the Subway app and I told her to pick the location that has a drive thru that way we don’t have to go inside and take the baby out of the car just to clip him back in a few minutes later. She told me it’s not a big deal to leave the baby in the car to run in and pick it up really fast. I had no idea she ever did this. I told her I was not comfortable with her leaving him in the car alone even for a minute and she told me she’s been doing it since he was born and it’s always been fine. She told me she does it to pick up food, run into the post office or pharmacy, etc. I was floored. We don’t live in a horrible area but it’s also not super safe either. I told her to not ever do this again.

She told me she never stopped to think about the potential dangers and that she would stop doing it. Well yesterday as I was driving home from my brother’s house I spotted her car at the gas station near our place. It was parked in a spot up front and not a pump, so I figured she stopped in to grab some snacks which we like to do. I decided to stop and go in and say hi and get some food and I pulled in and parked next to her. However when I got there I was furious to find our son in his car seat. The car wasn’t even locked.

I don’t know what came over me, but in that moment I decided to take my son and put him into my car (he’s got a car seat in there too). I then drove to the other side of the gas station parking lot and waited for my wife to come out. It took SIX MINUTES for her to appear. When she saw that he was gone she looked stunned for a second and then started to frantically look around and cry. I didn’t let it go on long, after this I saw her pull her phone out, presumably to call 911, and that’s when I pulled my car around to her. I parked, got out and walked around to my sons door, and opened it to show him to her.

She looked extremely relieved but that quickly turned to anger with her asking me why I took him and did that to her. I told her she needed to learn her lesson and she promised to stop leaving him in the car, and that she was extremely irresponsible. It was so easy for me to pull up and take him. No one else at the gas station even noticed! So if he really was taken there would’ve been no help and it would’ve been 100% her fault.

She proceeded to call me cruel and psychotic and tried taking our son out of my car into hers. I said no and that I would be driving him home, and I left. She came home not much later but ignored me the rest of the day.

She acknowledged me today saying she wanted an apology and I said absolutely not and she’s the one who should be saying sorry. She’s been guilt tripping me the rest of the day saying no mother should experience the fear I put her through. Did I go too far? AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

Just leavin the baby in the car like it’s NBD.

Sorry about your melted brain kid.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mx. posted:

Holy poo poo, looking into the comments:

OP posted:

I guess I should clarify that the car was running with the air on. I forgot to add that detail and was restricted by the character limit- but the car was on. It’s a push-to-start car with a sensor for the key fob so it’ll stay on/running as long as you are close enough to the vehicle. I didn’t see the keys in the car so she took them inside with her, but didn’t lock it.

So not only was the car unlocked, it was running. Anyone wanting to do so could not only kidnap the baby, but steal a getaway car in the process. Even if this lady managed to report the crime, and the cops get the baby back without shooting it, she'd lose the kid anyway (I doubt CPS would allow her to keep the baby). All so this turd person could save a few seconds. :murder:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo, looking into the comments:

So not only was the car unlocked, it was running. Anyone wanting to do so could not only kidnap the baby, but steal a getaway car in the process. Even if this lady managed to report the crime, and the cops get the baby back without shooting it, she'd lose the kid anyway (I doubt CPS would allow her to keep the baby). All so this turd person could save a few seconds. :murder:

quote:

It’s a push-to-start car with a sensor for the key fob so it’ll stay on/running as long as you are close enough to the vehicle.

Literally the sentence before the one you bolded. The car would turn off if it was too far from the keyfob. If it's like mine, it has remote start but won't actually move unless the key is inside the car and it'll turn off after ten minutes of idling. Not that leaving a young child unattended in an unlocked vehicle isn't irresponsible, but nobody was getting away with the car to boot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Literally the sentence before the one you bolded. The car would turn off if it was too far from the keyfob. If it's like mine, it has remote start but won't actually move unless the key is inside the car and it'll turn off after ten minutes of idling. Not that leaving a young child unattended in an unlocked vehicle isn't irresponsible, but nobody was getting away with the car to boot.

Not all cars work like that. They will definitely drive off if left running and the fob not in the car.

Edit: actually afaik all cars will still drive if left running and the fob not there. They certainly won’t turn off.

You have the remote start which is different.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Not all cars work like that. They will definitely drive off if left running and the fob not in the car.

Edit: actually afaik all cars will still drive if left running and the fob not there. They certainly won’t turn off.

You have the remote start which is different.

I'm just going off of what the OP said, which is that the car will remain running only in proximity of the fob.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm just going off of what the OP said, which is that the car will remain running only in proximity of the fob.

That’s not correct though because the car would have turned off if that was the case. The fob detection for the running car isn’t the same as if it were locked.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

They must live in a real white neighborhood to leave their kid and car alone. And regardless of the car key situation, leaving a infant alone in a car is a bad habit. All it takes is one mistake and you have a child dead of heat stroke.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Invisible Clergy posted:

Also just mandatory :guillotine: for $5k just on catering, i can't imagine how much the rest of the wedding costs.

i had to commit to $20k for catering and two $5k cakes from the hotel chef to even reserve the venue

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i had to commit to $20k for catering and two $5k cakes from the hotel chef to even reserve the venue

Can I have some money?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Mx. posted:

:murder: the wife. Even if no one kidnaps the baby, sooner or later, the wife's plan to tandoori him by leaving him alone in a car is going to succeed and she'll get a slap on the wrist

value-brand cereal posted:

They must live in a real white neighborhood to leave their kid and car alone. And regardless of the car key situation, leaving a infant alone in a car is a bad habit. All it takes is one mistake and you have a child dead of heat stroke.

Caucasity of the neighborhood aside, by OP's own admission:

quote:

We don’t live in a horrible area but it’s also not super safe either.

Doing it once could be argued to be a mistake. Making a habit of it and arguing with her husband about why it's fine to keep doing it is spinning the cylinder of a revolver and pointing it at her son.

Man, I need to cool down after that. What's this? A manlet post? Perfect!

WIBTA if I asked my girlfriend to not wear heels so she doesn't tower over me?
Throwaway account because my girlfriend knows my real account.

quote:

Some background information: We met through a mutual friend a couple years ago, and immediately clicked. We have been dating ever since, and have only gotten more serious with out relationship. Now for the height part of it. I am 5'5" while my girlfriend is about 5'7" - 5'8". She has never mentioned the height difference, and the only time it comes up is when I want her to help me get something from a top shelf, or sometimes when our friends joke about it in a non-malicious way.

She used to wear 2-3 inch heels when we were out in public, but recently she saw a pair of stilettos that gave an extra 5 inches to her height in a store, and said she loved how they looked. I bought them and gave them to her as a surprise for her birthday, and she was overjoyed(we had some amazing sex later that night lol). At the time, I was so happy that she was so overjoyed, that I did not think about the new height difference that would be shown in public(and honestly, I did not think she would wear them as often as the 2-3 inch heels). Recently she has been wearing them more and more, and honestly I did not think much about it. However, two things changed that: 1. I looked at how we looked in a mirror and was shocked as poo poo to see the overwhelming height difference between us(the stilettos in theory would make her 7 inches taller than me, but somehow the height difference seemed even more) 2. A lot of people kept staring at us with raised eyebrows in public when we were walking together to a fancy restaurant a couple weeks back.

My girlfriend still does not mind the height difference and has not mentioned the height difference with her wearing the stilettos. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind it.

We both are incredibly in love with each other, but I just can't help thinking about the weird looks we get in public.

WIBTA if I asked my girlfriend to stop wearing the stilettos?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 18, 2022

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I got a good one.

Women don't want nice guys, they want Bill Cipher

quote:

For context me (23M) and my gf (21F) have been together for about 2 years now. We like to joke around and I've got pretty thick skin but its gone too far at this point. I knew straight up my gf had a type for super masculine assholes but it hasn't really come up that much and I was sure she's happier in a relationship with a guy who actually cares abt here. But recently her ""type"" is getting on my nerves and I think she's taking it way too far.

Me and my gf like to watch shows together and right now we're watching this cartoon thing called Gravity Falls. Both of us grew up in like countryside areas and we found it pretty amusing to watch and obviously her sexual wants didn't come up at first because it starts with just kids solving mysteries and poo poo, sort of like Scooby Doo.

That is until this new "villain" character shows up, I guess bc they needed things to be more dramatic or something. If you haven't watched the show, Bill Cipher is this evil Illumanti triangle guy who's meant to be like "suave" or whatever and mostly runs around doing typical villain stuff. There is literally NOTHING physically or sexually attractive about him. He's a literal TRIANGLE with a giant eye and sticks for feet who talks like he's Mickey loving Mouse.[/s[po;er\ So now naturally my gf keeps talking about how she'd "let [spoiler]Bill Cipher rail her" and that he's so handsome and charismatic. I think she talks about him more than me at this point and watching the show with her feels like a chore.

One day she said something that really got on my nerves (can't remember what) and I snapped. I told her if she was soooo into misogynistic jerks she should just leave me for Bill Cipher. She got mad and told me I was overreacting, that I've never had a problem with her joking around before and that I've said similar things about women on TV. The difference is that the women I like tend to look like hotter versions of her while her fantasies consist pretty much exclusively of strong, muscled douchebags with sharp jawlines and resting bitch face. I want to believe she likes me for me but I guess these days that's hard to come by. I've been trying to reach out but her texts always come across as flippant, like she can't believe she could ever have said something wrong.

I don't know what to do at this point. I've been feeling pretty angry with myself and humanity as a whole so I thought I'd just come on here and ask if anyone has had a similar experience. I don't want to apologise because I honestly don't think I did anything wrong given the situation. Nobody should be constantly talking about how sexy the guys she likes are, especially if they're all macho dicks who, let's be honest, would never date her in real life. Does anyone know what to do here because I'm really hating the situation we're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

I got a good one.

Women don't want nice guys, they want Bill Cipher

Incels can't compete with tumblr sexymen

OP may not like it, but this is the ideal male body: