Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Pookah posted:

Imagine if periods were 100% on time, and just came out in one megaflow?
Like, you'd just set up an alarm that you NEED to be in a bathroom at, say, 3.00pm every 28 days and that would be that, all done in 5 minutes.

Conversely, imagine the horror when you realise you accidentally muted alarms, and here you are sitting in a subway at Bloodbath O'Clock?

Oh my god, imagine being stuck in traffic or in an elevator or something :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Pyrtanis posted:

re: leak chat, I was in HS drama class and the girl in front of me on stage during rehearsal had leaked, I immediately whipped off my flannel (yay 90s), went up behind her, tied it around her waist and succinctly whispered that she'd had an accident and to go to the nurse asap. Mission successful because none of the boys knew, and she gave me my flannel back the next day with a huge hug lol

That was comradely of you :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh my god, imagine being stuck in traffic or in an elevator or something :gonk:

The Shining in real life.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Pookah posted:

Imagine if periods were 100% on time, and just came out in one megaflow?
Like, you'd just set up an alarm that you NEED to be in a bathroom at, say, 3.00pm every 28 days and that would be that, all done in 5 minutes.

Conversely, imagine the horror when you realise you accidentally muted alarms, and here you are sitting in a subway at Bloodbath O'Clock?

What about period shits and sweats? Would that all come out at once, too? Oh, God, the poor toilets

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Considering that I get reeeeal spacey during my period, I’d probably be one of the “poo poo, I muted the alarm!” people. :ohdear:

This particular period is wreaking havoc with my emotions (and job-related stress isn’t helping). At least WFH means not having to worry about running to the bathroom to cry because you inadvertently listened to a sad song.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm going on a trip on the 24th, so yay that I got my period now :D

Also, someone please end me, as I have had a good run

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
Did anyone else have an altered cycle after Pfizer vaccination/booster?

Mine was late and 2x longer than usual.

It's only the cycle directly after and then it's fine again.

I'll take this over an infection, mind, but it'd be nice to be mentally prepared for it.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mine was a few weeks off after my booster, though having a regular period is very new and abnormal for me so it could very well just be PCOS reverting to the mean

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Period started today. Luckily I have tomorrow off so I can just sit on the toilet and poo poo uninterrupted.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

sootikins posted:

I'll take this over an infection, mind, but it'd be nice to be mentally prepared for it.

Mine started cycling a week earlier starting from the first shot on and then kind of righted after a few months and then on my booster went off rails again and super heavy. I keep a tracker that I've had for years so it was fairly obvious.

Quite a few women reported it and so it's finally at least being investigated.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

sootikins posted:

I got J&J and my cramps have definitely changed. They actually feel more tolerable? Not a targeted pain but more distributed across my pelvis.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
My period got stupidly light and short after my Pfizer jabs last autumn and have stayed that way, which apparently isn't the norm. I did have a little cramping with this current one though which is unusual for me, and the day before it started I was weirdly hungry for no reason, but aside from that it's been a massive QOL upgrade.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I have a Mirena and so my periods have blood notifications turned off but oh boy after my AZ, Moderna and Moderna booster did that get turned right back on. It looked like The Shining. Month after was kinda gross, the month after that it was largely back to normal.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just for the stats I should say I didn't notice any difference at all but mine are pretty erratic anyway.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Period is due in a few days here so I'm going to take some OTC sleeping pills before bed for the next few nights. It's been a newish symptom ever since I stopped breastfeeding of an oncoming period. Also sorer than usual all over.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
My mirena IUD makes my period kinda weird (still regular tho.) Like it's light and easy one month and heavy and crampy the next. So the Vaxx (2xpizer 1x moderna) didn't really make a difference imo

Also: It took me way too long to find out that benign lumps on your breasts can appear during PMS. :eng99:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Super stoked that my period is going to end significantly before an international trip. No spotting, no ambiguity, no nothing. My trip is on the 24th, my period is going to be over by tomorrow or Saturday. Yay for no plane leaks and potential international liaisons!

edit: wtf, I said this exact thing less than a week ago. All this cramp-relieving weed is loving with my brain. :psyduck:

edit2: Maybe I'm just really excited about the trip :D

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 18, 2022

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's the most I've ever seen anyone tempt fate

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Anne Whateley posted:

That's the most I've ever seen anyone tempt fate

My period is super (plus, lol) regular. Birth control completely deregulated it, but it was perfectly regular before BC and it's been perfectly regular since I went off of it. Life is good. :keke:

Like, yes, my flow is drat near oceanic, but 5-7 days of that is much, much better than 5 weeks of spotting. Should I be thankful that I don't have enough sex for BC to be worth it? :smithicide:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Guess who is coming soon, and I know because a few days before/a week before, I get this horrible urge to bite the poo poo out of my nails.

Last period I was insanely high libido a week before. Like this is probably what teen boys feel. I much prefer that.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Why don't dudes have to deal with poo poo like this.

Dudes have cum leaking out of their randomly hardening members all day every day or they can't think straight cause of blue balls and in addition to that they are overdoped on some aggro hormones for their adult lives.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I have been crying most of this week thanks to some potential positive life changes (chance of a better, higher paying job) but would also require me to move states plus some more e/n level woes, so it’s destroying me emotionally. And apparently making this post all over the place. This is gonna be a rough period.

All the potential life changes plus werewolf blood moon happening in the next day or two and I’m a loving wreck. Thanks hormones! My therapist is gonna love me next week.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Has anyone had a period poop so voluminous that it dislodges the last little bits of your period? Because I think that's what happened to me.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
My period hit hard this morning, and now I'm trying not to just sob over a cat video and the movie "Arrival." Normally I don't get emotional with my period, but I guess today's the day

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Oh god Arrival is a shot right to the heart. But honestly these days I cry very easily whether period or not. As I've got older that's become more true.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

Has anyone had a period poop so voluminous that it dislodges the last little bits of your period? Because I think that's what happened to me.

Yes.

Very weird experience.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Has anyone experienced numbness on their period? This last one was a monstrous roller coaster of emotions for me (as exhibited by my last rambly post) and this one I had my hands feel really tingly for a couple of hours and I couldn’t focus at all.

Online symptom searches say it could be PMDD but I don’t want to self diagnose and as I’m moving in about a month I won’t be able to get in to see my Obgyn (mayyybe my PCP if I push it). Is this a big enough symptom to try and see a doc about?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Were you feeling really anxious? Those sound kind of like panic attack symptoms. I probably wouldn't worry about it if it was an isolated indecent, but if it starts happening regularly it might be worth investigating.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

It could, COULD, be a sign of low calcium too, definitely see a doc if it happens again

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Thanks y’all, I’ll monitor it. Panic attack seems the most likely due to the massive stress I’ve been under. If it happens again I’ll talk to my doc! I’ve never had a panic attack before so I don’t know what symptoms to look for (tho I’m sure it’s different for everyone). I’m just glad this period is over!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
What the gently caress is going on with these CLOTS. No wonder I’ve been so crampy and exhausted today. Jesus Christ did half my uterine lining come off in one go????

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Dudes have cum leaking out of their randomly hardening members all day every day or they can't think straight cause of blue balls and in addition to that they are overdoped on some aggro hormones for their adult lives.

We deal with hormone madness and get a female version of blue balls and our aggo is sneered at as "bitch is on the rag."

edit: does anyone else get some weird rear end cravings right before and/or on your period? Dr. pepper is the only thing I really really loving want, and overall my appetite goes way down.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 3, 2022

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

We deal with hormone madness and get a female version of blue balls and our aggo is sneered at as "bitch is on the rag."

edit: does anyone else get some weird rear end cravings right before and/or on your period? Dr. pepper is the only thing I really really loving want, and overall my appetite goes way down.

I used to be a salt craving fiend. Like, cracking jokes about getting those salt licks with added nutrients in my cubicle-type craving. During perimenopause, it flipped back and forth between "not nearly enough salt, let's dump in half the salt container" to "why is the brand of bread I've been eating for years so loving salty", which completely sucked because it screwed up my ability to properly taste food.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I have been in bed all day and feel like I'm dying, gently caress this stupid poo poo.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm starting in a few days and I went out and bought some chedder brats for the first time in like 10 years so yeah. Fuckin cravings.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Diet coke and gummy sweets. I've been a lot more stable since going off the implant though, no more crying when I get hungry.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Goddamn it. My period is starting soon and I always buy the same pads, maximum absorbency, but the "ultra thin" ones. Just realised I bought the same brand and same absorbency but not ultra thin, they're the thick af ones that feel like diapers. Fooled by near-identical packaging

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
Stopped the progesterone only pill about two weeks ago and waiting for what will be my first period in five years. Pads and cup are on standby. So far I’ve had some mood swings and my breasts are all achey. Oh and no one tells you that stopping the pill can give you thrush! I originally changed to the progesterone pill because my periods were incredibly heavy and painful. Having no periods was a godsend but I’ve had really severe acne to balance it out. I suppose in a way it’s a good thing I’m between jobs at the moment so when shark week happens I can just curl up on the couch and curse my uterus.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

At the fun point in the cycle where unsure if sweaty or leaking.

Sweaty wins today, but it's a crapshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i was feeling real cranky like 'EVERYTHING is dumb and stupid!!' and then i got the slightest twinge of a cramp and it all made sense