Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

C-Euro posted:

The husband saying that his MIL fucks better than his wife is far too cruel to be made up.

well they say wine gets better with age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

C-Euro posted:

The husband saying that his MIL fucks better than his wife is far too cruel to be made up.

The scenario seems plausible- it's a big world out there and anything can and will happen- but the way it all wraps up so neatly and everyone gets their comeuppance seems like a bit much to believe. Mom happens to work somewhere where it costs her her job, both couples actually divorce, husband moves in with his parents. Feels like somebody writing fan fiction about their own life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

The scenario seems plausible- it's a big world out there and anything can and will happen- but the way it all wraps up so neatly and everyone gets their comeuppance seems like a bit much to believe. Mom happens to work somewhere where it costs her her job, both couples actually divorce, husband moves in with his parents. Feels like somebody writing fan fiction about their own life.

That is some seriously messed up fan fiction if so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

150k house sounds nice. Mine cost me 300k and I got a steal, houses in my area on similar blocks are going for nearly 100k more at the moment. Housing market here is crazy inflated but I'm glad I bought when I did.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want a house with a private backyard. Gonna prevent (cure??) Covid by getting sunlight enemas. For new readers: that’s when you shove your naked butthole towards the sun. This was a real thing that was happening because our society is madness.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I want a house with a private backyard.

It owns, OP

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah a backyard is pretty great. In autumn and spring when it's not too hot I like to lie on a picnic blanket in a pair of shorts and read in the sun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah in the summer I'll just go sit on my patio and code for awhile during work. Feels good man.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I want a house with a private backyard. Gonna prevent (cure??) Covid by getting sunlight enemas. For new readers: that’s when you shove your naked butthole towards the sun. This was a real thing that was happening because our society is madness.

People were sunburning their taints.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Maybe I’m a spoiled baby from growing up in the suburbs but as much as I love city living, having a backyard would make quite a wild and positive change to my dog’s life, we can get it done with walks and weekend trips but my lord he would love more easily-accessible off leash time, and there are plenty of those dark, rainy autumn mornings that I really don’t wanna deal with standing around for 20 minutes while he decides if he’s gonna poop.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thaddius the Large posted:

Maybe I’m a spoiled baby from growing up in the suburbs but as much as I love city living, having a backyard would make quite a wild and positive change to my dog’s life, we can get it done with walks and weekend trips but my lord he would love more easily-accessible off leash time, and there are plenty of those dark, rainy autumn mornings that I really don’t wanna deal with standing around for 20 minutes while he decides if he’s gonna poop.

Why not both? living in the city and having a yard is p nice.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Neil Armbong posted:

People were sunburning their taints.

A key part of the Covid removal process.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Why do you need a private backyard to do that. I just do it while waiting for the bus.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I love Cuties, that's you guys & the lil oranges too

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

now do the one about tide pods

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I love Cuties, that's you guys & the lil oranges too

One of my favorite pastimes during a Midwest summer is to just sit on a park bench, throw my earbuds in and put some music on, and eat a Cutie / Halo orange. When I lived in Madison, I'd put the peels out on the railing of my balcony and let the orioles fly in and gnaw on them as I read a book.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Why do you need a private backyard to do that. I just do it while waiting for the bus.

I’m not sure if this validates my choice of avoiding Miami-Dade as much as possible or not…

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, I’m jealous of my brother because he lives in the burbs and has like 1/3 of an acre. His backyard is really big. My back yard is like 250sf of grass and then the garage. It’s nice from a maintenance perspective, but it’s so small you can barely do anything.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

That is some seriously messed up fan fiction if so.

That's not even a top 100 in messed up fanfiction

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I would love to sell this house for over twice what I paid for it, but it’s literally equidistant from my sister and parents, a mile to each. My backyard is a cotton patch to the southwest, with beautiful sunsets. It’s on a cul-de-sac nobody drives down. I like my neighbors. My blood orange trees are finally bearing, and the fig and lemon trees are getting give-fruit-away big.

Why does nobody talk of the pain of owning a perfect home already in a hot housing market?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Neil Armbong posted:

Why not both? living in the city and having a yard is p nice.

Combo of it being kinda cost prohibitive for where I want to be (both in Portland and neighborhood specific) and that I’ve done the home owner thing before and it’s not where I’m at these days, not dealing with house poo poo is a wonderful thing in my book. Mostly just kvetching I can’t have it both ways!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/vM9FvSsd

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Combo of it being kinda cost prohibitive for where I want to be (both in Portland and neighborhood specific) and that I’ve done the home owner thing before and it’s not where I’m at these days, not dealing with house poo poo is a wonderful thing in my book. Mostly just kvetching I can’t have it both ways!

Yeah renting with an attentive firm who actually provides customer service is pretty tight. When something goes wrong in my apartment there’s usually someone to fix it within 10 minutes of me contacting them. It’s wild.

One reason I want to buy is to lock in (some) housing costs. Otherwise rent is just gonna keep going up and up and up and eventually I won’t be able to afford it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The sunlight enema is garbage. What I go for is the frozen goat.

After taking a hot shower, turn down the hot water so it's now rather cold. Then turn away from the shower head, bend over, and do the best possible goatse impression. Really let in the bracingly chilly water. This rebalances humors and chakras.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

The sunlight enema is garbage. What I go for is the frozen goat.

After taking a hot shower, turn down the hot water so it's now rather cold. Then turn away from the shower head, bend over, and do the best possible goatse impression. Really let in the bracingly chilly water. This rebalances humors and chakras.

Did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College too?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna have to move out of Seattle if I want a yard. Personally would just like a deck but my current condo doesn't even have that lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This doesn’t end like you think it will

https://twitter.com/harrytellsjokes/status/1494416559435096072?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Different states are different. Many people buy a house with a real estate agent. Sometimes, people colloquially refer to a real estate agent as a "broker" but in some states that's a different thing. In at least one or two states, a broker-agent is also a lawyer, but in most states it isn't. Many people don't use a real estate lawyer when they buy or sell, although in the housebuying thread we generally advise people to use one.

On top of that, agents vary wildly in quality and many, many of them are absolute poo poo. There is definitely not a guarantee that a given person's agent will give them good advice about the loan product, especially because the loan comes not from the agent but from a lender. Which, just to confuse things, you can use a broker to help you find a loan (I did) and this type of broker does have much more legally-enforced responsibility to explain loan products to you. In my case, my 2009 FHA loan was originated by a loan broker who specialized in FHA loans and he gave me information and advice that no other person in the process - including my buyer's agent, the home loan desk at my bank, the home loan desk at my wife's credit union, and random other people knew or told us.

tl;dr, it's really bad advice to tell people to just assume their "broker" knows jack or poo poo about what we're talking about here, or even won't just outright lie about anything in order to try and get a deal closed.

e. That's overly harsh. "Get expert advice" is good advice. Just... yeah, buyer's agents are often really poo poo.

While I do appreciate your intent, Leper - mortgage broker vs real estate broker. You even quoted my saying mortgage broker in my first note.

and yes, There’s a huge difference, I agree. However, as you’ll likely find when you Google it - mortgage brokers are required by FEDERAL law to present net sheets / full disclosures due to the federal HUD law, so states don’t really matter.

The entire point is you’re sitting here going over ABC poo poo when he can avoid this and go discuss with an actual mortgage broker who is licensed and registered. Not a dude who is a wiki expert and not a Florida lawyer.

Mortgage brokers are desperate for your business. They’ll do whatever they can to get it. Reach out to a few of them, explain where you are at in the process and go from there.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 18, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The missing piece in that case was your assumption that he had a mortgage broker, because the vast majority of people don't. They go to their own bank and maybe one or two others and/or an online bank, get quotes, and pick one. I'm a lone voice in the house buying thread encouraging people to use mortgage brokers.

https://themortgagereports.com/48249/mortgage-broker-popularity-rises-heres-why-thats-good-for-you
I don't know how reliable this post is but she claims it's 16% and that sounds about right to me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

General Dog posted:

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/vM9FvSsd

Anyone home?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
<Watching House Hunters> "Geee, I really want a 8 bedroom house with a pool, sauna, and trapeze den, but the only ones on the market are selling for $170k, but our budget is $165k". Meanwhile, a 950 sqft 2 bed 1 bath goes for close to 2 million dollars, good luck buying if you did not buy in.... 1977 or so.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1494490338991484928

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

The missing piece in that case was your assumption that he had a mortgage broker, because the vast majority of people don't. They go to their own bank and maybe one or two others and/or an online bank, get quotes, and pick one. I'm a lone voice in the house buying thread encouraging people to use mortgage brokers.

https://themortgagereports.com/48249/mortgage-broker-popularity-rises-heres-why-thats-good-for-you
I don't know how reliable this post is but she claims it's 16% and that sounds about right to me.

I appreciate you posting the truth in a sea of contrarians*

*I don’t know if you are correct about this real estate stuff but I admire your fortitude

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Not all heroes wear caps

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Last episode of Peacemaker is so good holy poo poo those cameos

Just watched it, and hard agree. We have zero previous time into DC, but Peacemaker was hands down the best superhero tv show. So happy it is getting another season.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Do you guys think Ben Gay does anything for muscle aches, like in a healing sense, or is it just distraction

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It’s a great way to cover up hangover stink…no I don’t have a problem….I’m just achey….and nauseous……and gently caress it’s bright in here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pron on VHS posted:

Do you guys think Ben Gay does anything for muscle aches, like in a healing sense, or is it just distraction

I did my own study once by putting this stuff on one leg every 4 hours after a vicious leg day. The next day both legs had the same DOMs, so I continued through the day and by the next day... both legs still loving hurt with no reduction in either.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's just a distraction. It definitely made me more injured to race after applying it. But hey! The pain went away for a few minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just got off the phone with the company I'd interviewed at during this week. Got the job I was chasing! So gently caress yeah!