Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Iserlohn posted:

this is a UR lmao

On the other hand, flipping three of them with a nurse/simochi active is a feeling unmatched by anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been having fun with the event. So far I've run up against a couple of people using the loaner decks, one no-poo poo Empty Jar in TYOOP 3022, one playing Toons... I'm just kinda clowning on them with utopia. Utopia Double can win a surprising amount of games.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Guess who remembered cyber dragon nova needs machine monsters in the middle of a duel!!!

I mean i still won but ugh

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Garbage Lord has become the white flag card that inform others of your suicide. It cost 2k LP to bring it out, cannot use for XYZ except dark, and zero attack. Can't be anymore clearer than that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm having fun returning my entire opponents field to their deck and then going for kill with my cute monsters.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm a big fan of how they set up the solo mode. There's a fair bit of teeth pulling frustration with awful loaner decks (looking at the gem-knights track), but on the other hand it introduced me to Megaliths and I think I'm a little bit in love.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay relay soul selfTK is probably my favorite one of these so far. Second only to slamming the surrender button at the sight of frog the jam.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuH5V6j_mm8
Wasn't expecting this so soon after the Kuriboh video.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dabir posted:

I'm a big fan of how they set up the solo mode. There's a fair bit of teeth pulling frustration with awful loaner decks (looking at the gem-knights track), but on the other hand it introduced me to Megaliths and I think I'm a little bit in love.

Megaliths are genuinely one of the coolest themes in the game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hate Megaliths and never figured out quite how they worked

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I hate Megaliths and never figured out quite how they worked

The simple explanation is every Megalith can be used to ritual summon the other ones. The level 8s are both ritual spells and theme payoffs. In addition to ritual summoning on the field (using themselves as material), the level 4s have advantage generating effects on summon that aren't once per turn, with Ophiel searching monsters and Hagith searching spells/traps; Och has a draw/discard, but more importantly, can ritual summon anything on the opponent's turn.

It's a really cool theme.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I really hated the solo mode track for them, cause those loaner decks they give you in the back half just do not work. But in the shower the next day I kept thinking about them and what they did and how maybe they could work, and I realised I wasn't going to be able to get them out of my head until I sat down and got them working properly. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn about them, but just from what I've figured out I'm doing ok in Gold ranked. My biggest issue so far is learning when to finish tutoring and just go in for the double Phaleg kill.

E: Also Phul is the coolest ritual summoning card I've ever seen. Retrieves from grave, modulates its own level, ritual summons from your deck, as a quick effect... Pooping out Bethor in the middle of your opponent's turn and clearing their field when they're about to go for their big play is shockingly potent.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

All aboard the suicide deck express :toot:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Megaliths are cool but I have trouble with overassociation because the Mother Corps from PSO2 are also named after the Olympian spirits

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AweStriker posted:

Megaliths are cool but I have trouble with overassociation because the Mother Corps from PSO2 are also named after the Olympian spirits

I'd like it if I heard "playa" everytime I slammed down a Bethor tbh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AweStriker posted:

That just made me like them more tbh.

God, this loving Karakuri/Ninja solo loaner deck. None of the good Karakuri, none of the good Ninjas. Not even an Anatomy or the ninjutsu art draw card?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I hope there's bonus rewards at the end of this Xyz event based on the number of games you've won or the number of Xyz monsters you summoned that they're not telling anyone about until the end.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Decided to use the Festival's showering of free gems from all the SelFTKs to build Kozmo. This deck is so bricky but I'm having so much fun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

One day we'll get new Kozmo support...one day... :negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've decided to lean into Dark Lady, and it's working out so far.

Edit: The decklist I'm running with right now:

3x Effect Veiler
3x Maxx C
2x AB&JS
2x Gameciel

3x Tincan
3x Dark Lady
3x Dark Destroyer
2x Farmgirl
2x Soartroopers
2x Sliprider
1x Wickedwitch
1x Dark Planet

1x Raigeki
1x Harpie's
1x Terraforming
3x Extravagence
3x Kosmotown
2x E. Tele
2x CbtG

Extra Deck
IDK, probably some link staples, it's just fodder right now.

If I was smart, I'd stop running Dark Planet, probably for a third Ash. And, speaking of Ash, everyone 3-ofing it has made running One For One a losing proposition. Though I could probably cram in some Allure of Darkness for more consistency. Soartroopers is the stealth MVP, letting me bring back Dark Lady if I go for it with Tincan and whiff, while also still being able to tag out for other stuff. I tried Strawman, but he's a little clunky, and I'm not lacking in ways to bring back banished monsters, it's the ones in the GY I care about finding uses for.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 18, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I was wondering why I suddenly got like five rewards for winning just now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is... quite the correction.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Love it. Thank you Konami. You are good to us sometimes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hopefully next they make you not only earn half as much for using a loaner because lmao it is not worth the gem/UR point investment to make niche-rear end decks specifically for these events.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I was wondering why I suddenly got like five rewards for winning just now

This is good, 100 medals a win is like 200 to get the best rewards and i aint grinding that out

40 is far more doable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

All aboard the suicide deck express :toot:

It's somehow more fun than playing the game normally

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

This is good, 100 medals a win is like 200 to get the best rewards and i aint grinding that out

40 is far more doable

You say that, but there's no more xyz packs after 3000 and gem rewards drop off hard after 3200.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Great change. I do wonder if they had already planned to do this all along, though, since getting 20k points with 100 points per win would be painfully slow. Not to mention if people figured out the exploit within an hour of the event start, the game designers surely must have realized it as well.

If the points disparity between winning and losing was that big at the start people might complain that the event is P2W and forces you to make a meta deck or such, but now they've demonstrated that the alternative is not workable. Either way it was the right move.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Also you can make a viable deck for this with three copies of the re-contract universe structure deck and a little extra tweaking to taste. It's really not that hard to get stuck in if you didn't have an xyz based deck put together already.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

triple sulk posted:

Make one of the event duels an intentional suicide-off.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dabir posted:

You say that, but there's no more xyz packs after 3000 and gem rewards drop off hard after 3200.

yup. From there its a bunch of legacy packs and 280 gems total.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dabir posted:

I meant to say most instead of best, whoops

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rigged Death Trap posted:

yup. From there its a bunch of legacy packs and 280 gems total.

Honestly i'm surprised that they front loaded the best rewards so hard. I'm sure it was done for the more casual audience, but you'd think that they'd have at least thrown a 1000 gems at the end just to dangle that 10-pack at the people willing to grind it out.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

triple sulk posted:

My and my opponent had a s suicide-off and the game somehow ended in a draw

It was a lot of fun

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I played a suicide player yesterday that actively tried to lose slower by instead of letting me battle phase them down, used their board to inflict less total damage. Like I played a card to hit them for lethal when they were at 200 LP and they Solemn'd it for -100 instead of the -3000 it would have hit them for. Baffling

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The event is basically Fandaniel turning to the camera and saying "Remember how I said I wanted to die? I meant it" and then playing Performapal Popperup

It's pretty good for clearing the rest of the battle pass though (because ranked sends my nerves on edge so I'm still silver)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
My opponent went 1st and opened Simochi, nurse, tri and guess, ring of destruction, and paths of destiny. I open with urgent schedule, summon 2 dudes and then promptly lose. Lol Yugioh was always bad, I love this stupid gently caress game.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Lol Yugioh was always bad, I love this stupid gently caress game.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
I switched to a real deck for the event and I've been having fun. I play Skull Servants and I don't really need my extra deck for it to work anyway, so I just put a few good Xyzs in there and still clean games up by swinging with a 10000 Atk King, it's so satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Charles Bukowski posted:

Lol Yugioh was always bad, I love this stupid gently caress game.