Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I need to build my Hi Nu mega launcher so I can pose my crossbone RG with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
It’s really crazy just how large that gun is, I love it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/akakishi95126/status/1489547372636282881?t=YYmyWn6h9-vCcUEu4az-uQ&s=19

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So I did a favor for the sister who got me the RG Exia for Christmas, and she surprised me today with an HG Gundam Livelance Heaven as thanks :aaa:

No idea it existed, my familiarity is limited to the ones I saw on Toonami. She just got the one she thought looked cool.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Dr Christmas posted:

So I did a favor for the sister who got me the RG Exia for Christmas, and she surprised me today with an HG Gundam Livelance Heaven as thanks :aaa:

No idea it existed, my familiarity is limited to the ones I saw on Toonami. She just got the one she thought looked cool.

If you're at all interested, the Livelance Heaven is from Gundam Breaker Battlogue. It's not at all like Gundam Wing, it's just about kids having fun trying to be the best at Gundam kits. It's all up on Youtube and takes like an hour to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEWXBMv-w7A

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
This happened to my Exia's calves:

One of these cracks appeared early in the process. I noticed it after I took one of the pieces off to try to make some of the nub marks look less bad. The other cracks happened soon after I finished. I thought the parts underneath were fitting together fine. Anyone have any insight into it?

Also are there any recommendations for fixing it? I have some plastic cement that I bought to attach the shoulder piece that everyone accidentally shaves the peg off for. Most broken part tutorials aren't quite this scenario

A4 Steak Sauce
May 9, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

This happened to my Exia's calves:

One of these cracks appeared early in the process. I noticed it after I took one of the pieces off to try to make some of the nub marks look less bad. The other cracks happened soon after I finished. I thought the parts underneath were fitting together fine. Anyone have any insight into it?

Also are there any recommendations for fixing it? I have some plastic cement that I bought to attach the shoulder piece that everyone accidentally shaves the peg off for. Most broken part tutorials aren't quite this scenario

Get some Mr. Hobby Dissolved Putty, and fill in the gaps. Bar that, melt some of the sprite of the same color in plastic glue and use that to fill the cracks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This kicks rear end but more importantly feels like a step towards getting a kit of the Astray in powered armor

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1491240528461336581?s=20&t=0uYWFbFbbqmC5j97UXPuTA

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I keep plugging away on this diorama. It's been fun but I'm looking forward to getting this over with and moving on to other projects.

still need a bit more washes, then weathering pastels, then the icicles.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Gripweed posted:

This kicks rear end but more importantly feels like a step towards getting a kit of the Astray in powered armor

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1491240528461336581?s=20&t=0uYWFbFbbqmC5j97UXPuTA

Gonna get that Huckebein Boxer tech going

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Advance of zeta has some weird rear end designs and I am all for it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Took my time on this one, but...

MG Sinanju

+big
+back thrusters spread open
+leg thrusters on a swivel
+chest opens up to reveal a tiny Full Frontal
+modular weapons
+can attach bazooka to shield to make the whole thing massive
-attaching bazooka to shield makes it impractically heavy for posing
-slide assemble 2: return of slide assemble
-so many decals for the gold trim
-so many
-the shield alone has like 12 of them

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Goddamit my thumbs are still sore from loosening up the RG Unicorn shoulders last night.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Funky build so far.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
https://bandai-hobby.net/site/30minutes_missions/result8.html

Goddamn, some of these are great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Those titanfall looking ones are killer.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
bandai where is my BT-7274 kit

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I would definitely buy a Scorch kit

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve started working on my second dude, the HG Livelance Heaven. There’s a lot of white, so I think I’m going to try panel lining! I’m waiting for the Gundam markers to come in the mail and taking it slow in the meantime. They’re the standard Creos black, grey, and brown fine point ones. Any recommendations on what to do/avoid?

The joints and inner bits are made of softer gold plastic, and they seem pretty sensitive to color warping when taking the nubs off. Luckily they’re all hidden, but I still want to do a good job with them. Should I just become less squeamish about shaving a whole side down a bit? Should I approach them differently with those whorls of color they have?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I've found that grey looks nicer on white and black or other colors goes well with almost every other color.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Are there any good US-based stores shipping to the UK? I really want to get a 00 Command Qan[t] or two from seeing the Mecha Gaikotsu review and I think I'll be waiting a while for it to come back into stock in Japan. Am looking at eBay but want to check all options. I actually have an order with HLJ that still not been fulfilled from October.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

BizarroAzrael posted:

Are there any good US-based stores shipping to the UK? I really want to get a 00 Command Qan[t] or two from seeing the Mecha Gaikotsu review and I think I'll be waiting a while for it to come back into stock in Japan. Am looking at eBay but want to check all options. I actually have an order with HLJ that still not been fulfilled from October.

Hit up a local Target. I found a CommNd Quant and. Red Gouf there. There were behind a ton of Livelances, but they were there.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

A local Target that ships to the UK? :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If anyone stateside could buy and send a Command Qan[t] and a Livelance I could reimburse with a little extra for the trouble, don't want to pay £40 each for them! Is the Gremory on shelves over there as well?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
First go at panel lining:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you've got a LOT of money to burn and too much empty space in your room, the 1/72 Gojulas: The Ogre Zoid kit is up for preorder at HLJ for a reprint run in September :retrogames:.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Veotax posted:

A local Target that ships to the UK? :v:

I'm sorry. You probably know it as Ye Olde Target.

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

I have fallen rear end-backwards into this hobby thanks to my son finding an RG Grandpa at Goodwill for $20. We've been slowly building it together for the last month - he clips, I trim, he builds, I fix the parts he puts on backwards. My older son and younger daughter were both intrigued, and asked for their own kits.

So now with the RG still in progress, my older boy has finished the HG Sky Zero, my 5-year-old daughter and I have finished the HG Char's Zaku Revive together, and orders are out for more. Now it's time to pull out the HG 0080 Guncannon that's been lurking in the garage for years and see how disappointing it is compared to the modern kits.

Seems like a terrible time to get into this what with the wordlwide shortage, but now I'm hearing about a bunch of P-Bandai kits showing up for preorder tonight. Anyone have anything bad to say about P-Bandai?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Razor Jacksuit posted:

I have fallen rear end-backwards into this hobby thanks to my son finding an RG Grandpa at Goodwill for $20. We've been slowly building it together for the last month - he clips, I trim, he builds, I fix the parts he puts on backwards. My older son and younger daughter were both intrigued, and asked for their own kits.

So now with the RG still in progress, my older boy has finished the HG Sky Zero, my 5-year-old daughter and I have finished the HG Char's Zaku Revive together, and orders are out for more. Now it's time to pull out the HG 0080 Guncannon that's been lurking in the garage for years and see how disappointing it is compared to the modern kits.

Seems like a terrible time to get into this what with the wordlwide shortage, but now I'm hearing about a bunch of P-Bandai kits showing up for preorder tonight. Anyone have anything bad to say about P-Bandai?

The only downsides to p-bandai imo are the months of waiting before delivery and the $10 delivery fee making me buy more so it feels worth it. Though there's a free shipping coupon good through the 23rd, so that's one fewer downside for me.

(There are also some cases of kits selling out immediately, but generally I haven't been too interested in those)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Define bad. They tend to take a while to ship, sometimes underproduce, cost too much on the secondary market, and some of them have too many stickers, and that's in addition to a lot of kits being p-bandai only that would have once been retail... but the kits themselves are usually good-to-great.

If you see something you like, and you can get it, then it's a good call.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They're making Gunpla real

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1493879521937813504?t=GmrnOvhTcl9i4sjSGyW5vg&s=19

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Finally I can hit on women by giving them gunpla at street cafes.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Looks like p bandai might be stealthing some RG/HGs for pre-order later today as opposed to continue screaming at me to buy this Super Astray Red Dragon for $400.

https://twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS/status/1494371067082657796?s=20&t=Uc9vkUIV9gh7NXzPOmPtyw

Other suits are on their FB/Instagram and from what I can see, it includes a red Gelgoog with massive shoulder pads, Zssa, what I am assuming is the RG Phenex, Cybuster (probably Titanium color), Aescalpius, and Quanta.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 18, 2022

YanniRotten
Apr 3, 2010

We're so pretty,
oh so pretty

MechaX posted:

Looks like p bandai might be stealthing some RG/HGs for pre-order later today as opposed to continue screaming at me to buy this Super Astray Red Dragon for $400.

https://twitter.com/BandaiHobbyUS/status/1494371067082657796?s=20&t=Uc9vkUIV9gh7NXzPOmPtyw

Other suits are on their FB/Instagram and from what I can see, it includes a red Gelgoog with massive shoulder pads, Zeussa, what I am assuming is the RG Phenex, Cybuster (probably Titanium color), Aescalpius, and Quanta.

I don't know what a Zssa is but I need it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

YanniRotten posted:

A Neo Zeon missile heavy suit from ZZ gundam and Unicorn.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

YanniRotten posted:

If you've ever played TIE Fighter, it looks like the Missile Boat equivalent of the Methuss

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Haven’t ever posted in the thread, only started building a couple of months ago but wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the P-Bandai pre-orders. Got an order in for an Efreet Nacht and the Zssa!

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Ledhed posted:

Haven’t ever posted in the thread, only started building a couple of months ago but wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the P-Bandai pre-orders. Got an order in for an Efreet Nacht and the Zssa!

Good lord, how? I tried and both were sold out in seconds.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Good lord, how? I tried and both were sold out in seconds.

Not sure, frankly! I thought I was gonna lose my opportunity because I didn’t realize I needed to “claim” the free shipping coupon before submitting the order. I added both as soon as the “add to cart” was live, was able to claim the coupon and get back to the cart and finish checkout, all on mobile. Extremely lucky, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Count me in as someone else who’s only just discovered the joys of building robots in the worst possible time, the past few months. I’ve been tending to focus on the mobile suits I’ve seen so far in MSG and MSZG, so I haven’t seen a ton from P-Bandai that I desperately want, but I preordered a Qubeley they had a few months back just because of the Final Fantasy VII connection.

My current build is the RG EVA-01 with Transport Platform Set, which looks so loving cool. I already did the RG EVA-00, so I knew some of what I was getting into, but I’m still impressed with how much detail and care Bandai puts into these. The thighs of these have little hinge bits that push out some outer parts in different ways depending on how you move the legs, to simulate human musculature.