Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

chrono break proved to be real after metroid dread was

my brain would burst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ninja gaiden 3

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Chode Game: Wiper

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

ArfJason posted:

Ninja gaiden 3

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

my brain would burst

i think i'd be really wary if they suddenly announced a sequel. would have to see some footage or good news before i could board the hype train

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Ninja gaiden 3

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i think i'd be really wary if they suddenly announced a sequel. would have to see some footage or good news before i could board the hype train

Yea I remember when I Am Setsuna came out and they tried to pull the whole "Spiritual Successor to Chrono Trigger" line.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[13] Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES) (JP Version) 2/17/22
Review:
Probably one of the best overall games of the NES in my opinion. The game is fast and fun to play (note: this only applies to the JP version lol). Yeah, it's probably the easier of the 3 NG games on NES but it still provides a lot of challenge, especially the last few levels. This game also has some of the best sprite animations I've seen on the NES (like the scarf blowing in the wind as you run). The music is excellent as always, and the stages all look awesome, especially when it gets to the weird futuristic machinery later on. If I have to say something bad about it, it's that the player hit detection feels off or inconsistent compared to the earlier games, like sometimes you get knocked back and sometimes you don't. Awesome pick for IZGC.

9/10

That Little Demon fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 17, 2022

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Jp version)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Jp version)

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom

US Version. :dukedog:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat sifu the NUMBER one game of the year so far as rated by darksydephil. i give SeaFood a 4 out of 5.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bloodstained - All Achievements.

Great game, think it might be a 10/10. I could nitpick it but honestly I don't want to, I think it does everything it wants to correctly and well.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Bloodstained - All Achievements.

Great game, think it might be a 10/10. I could nitpick it but honestly I don't want to, I think it does everything it wants to correctly and well.

its so drat good, i'm hyped as hell for 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

its so drat good, i'm hyped as hell for 2

As long as it has perma stat boosts & cooking it's gonna be epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

As long as it has perma stat boosts & cooking it's gonna be epic

that was such a good system

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bloodstained ftmfw

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Even getting all achieves there's so much I didn't touch, like getting the no hit medals or nightmare mode or doing the extra campaigns, just an absurd amount of high quality content.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

Even getting all achieves there's so much I didn't touch, like getting the no hit medals or nightmare mode or doing the extra campaigns, just an absurd amount of high quality content.

my main goal was to cook every food, max as much stats as possible, and get the 1h sword that hits like 11x a second

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bloodstained ftmfw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
it rules how overpowered you can get in bloodstained

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1459093416076136449

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

lol cool

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is bloodstained good on switch yet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought parts of the game were pretty generic but the food/recipe upgrade system was awesome and really made me want to grind for hours getting everything.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

theres some fuckin fun movement tech in that game too, like using the kung fu shoes to move horizontally further thn you should or if you hold down and jump again after a double jump you can midair jump again. theres a bigass chunk of the middle of the game you can just skip if you do that second one, its so sick

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

John Romero posted:

nope still poo poo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (100%)

First time playing this. I had a good time with it. Some of the zones and areas were incredibly beautiful and creative; everything about the Lanayru desert in particular blew me away. The switch controls are okay. The gyro works well enough for swinging the sword, but pointing or aiming at the screen like one would with a wiimote never felt good. There were still a number of bad things. For a big set piece boss that you fight three times, the Imprisoned sucked. They were fond of putting moblins with steel shields on narrow bridges, which sounds like a fine encounter, except most of the time they would just push link off the edge using their massive model. Getting the hero's song from the dragons felt super perfunctory after having spent the last 10 hours or so forging the master sword. Fi is Link's worst companion.

8.5/10

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (100%)

For a big set piece boss that you fight three times, the Imprisoned sucked.

yeah the Imprisoned is definitely the worst part of skyward sword IMO

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never played Skyward Sword but I played enough Hyrule Warriors to know that the Imprisoned is the worst boss in Zelda history.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

I never played Skyward Sword but I played enough Hyrule Warriors to know that the Imprisoned is the worst boss in Zelda history.

i wish that they had not faithfully recreated how much it sucks in hyrule warriors.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

John Romero posted:

It takes forever to load but otherwise is ok

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

It takes forever to load but otherwise is ok

constantly crashing and looking like poo poo even when its not throwing up straight up graphical errors is really stretching the definition of ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

John Romero posted:

No. I've tried to three times to play it and can't stomach it. Glad I kickstarted it (requested a Vita copy).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I dunno why im laughing so hard at the sentence "glad i backed the kickstarter, requested a vita copy"

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

constantly crashing and looking like poo poo even when its not throwing up straight up graphical errors is really stretching the definition of ok

I haven't had any crashing but also stopped playing pretty early cause everytime I died to a boss it took like a minute to load a save

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

I dunno why im laughing so hard at the sentence "glad i backed the kickstarter, requested a vita copy"

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

for sale
bloodstained
(requested a vita copy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sourdough posted:

I haven't had any crashing but also stopped playing pretty early cause everytime I died to a boss it took like a minute to load a save

i had to save before talking to any npc because it was basically a 50/50 on whether or not it would crash. there were a couple of times i forgot and lost like an hour of progress for daring to check the shop. if i was extra lucky the only thing it would do is this

like honestly i think the switch version should be actually illegal to sell. the nicest thing you can say about it is that it's technically beatable