Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not incredibly far in but wow Mother 3 right out of the gate sure is much heavier than Earthbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

And I suppose your uncle at Nintendo posts here too, amirite? :rolleyes:

Oh he does? Apologies.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh he does? Apologies.

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh he does? Apologies.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NienNunb posted:

Not incredibly far in but wow Mother 3 right out of the gate sure is much heavier than Earthbound

it owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmao at this and all the other IZ threads lately

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

NienNunb posted:

Rope Snake is truly a tragic figure.

It might be the best jrpg ever made.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb posted:

lol i know exactly what just happened

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i should replay mother 3 at some point. every once in awhile i still think about the absolutely safe capsule.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just waiting for the Analogue Pocket to get a jailbreak. Been quite a few years since I've played it and I never actually beat it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Just waiting for the Analogue Pocket to get a jailbreak. Been quite a few years since I've played it and I never actually beat it.

Yeah I never beat it either, I should one of these days

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
the guy who tells you the big news you're talking about in the first chapter really does not know how to break bad news very well lol

I restarted the game recently when I got one of those anbernic devices and I also figured out that if anyone does start it up one thing that really helped me with the combat, if you can't get the combat timing right and you think your emulation is just busted, try tapping along with the upbeats instead of the downbeats. When I tried hitting the button on the & instead of the 1 2 3 etc I started getting it to work all the time

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all of a sudden fceux is stretched in windowed mode and i haven't changed anything. hm.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Dr. Furious posted:

Rope Snake is truly a tragic figure.

It might be the best jrpg ever made.

meh. I've played better.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ever hear of a little game called Xenoblade Chronicles 2? It has babes with huge friggin boobs. Yeah. Scared?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

all of a sudden fceux is stretched in windowed mode and i haven't changed anything. hm.

You've been visited by the Ghost of Bobs Past

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hizke posted:

Ever hear of a little game called Xenoblade Chronicles 2? It has babes with huge friggin boobs. Yeah. Scared?

I gotta finish that some day. It's been like a year since I bought it lol. I got very far then stuck at a part where I need an elevator key that's hidden behind an insanely annoying enemy that ambushes you 100% of the time so I haven't gone back

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

XBC2 kicks rear end even discounting the massive b00berz.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I gotta finish that some day. It's been like a year since I bought it lol. I got very far then stuck at a part where I need an elevator key that's hidden behind an insanely annoying enemy that ambushes you 100% of the time so I haven't gone back

I have to finish XBC1 on switch but I have to battle my insane OCD that prevents me from progressing unless I finish every single sidequest lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

XBC2 kicks rear end even discounting the massive b00berz.

it's one of my favorite games on the switch

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

XBC2 is really good and I can't wait for 3

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hizke posted:

I have to finish XBC1 on switch but I have to battle my insane OCD that prevents me from progressing unless I finish every single sidequest lol

Guess what. I did that, but at 240p on the New Nintendo 3DS. 100%ed everything. Sidequests, Social Links (or w/e they're called), Skills, etc. The most psychotic couple months of my life.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Guess what. I did that, but at 240p on the New Nintendo 3DS. 100%ed everything. Sidequests, Social Links (or w/e they're called), Skills, etc. The most psychotic couple months of my life.

Lol awesome. I need to finish XBC1 too

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao godlike

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I swear that's out of date tho cos I haven't been Online with my 3ds in years. I'm positive EO Nexus is close if not surpassing that time and it's not even listed. DQ7 and EO4 are both over 100 hours each as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i gotta play xbc1 and xbcx before 3.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i bought a new 3ds to play xenoblade nd then found out later that day that i lost my job. godlike couple weeks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

i bought a new 3ds to play xenoblade nd then found out later that day that i lost my job. godlike couple weeks

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Awesome

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

Ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Hell yeah

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

owns

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
next time they have the refurbished 2ds for $99 I’m gonna grab

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I swear that's out of date tho cos I haven't been Online with my 3ds in years. I'm positive EO Nexus is close if not surpassing that time and it's not even listed. DQ7 and EO4 are both over 100 hours each as well

yeah, i think there's something off about the counts, basically everybody has been saying that it's definitely missing their most played game.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

John Romero posted:

next time they have the refurbished 2ds for $99 I’m gonna grab

They were $50 when they last had them, not $99

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

They were $50 when they last had them, not $99

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1494121327979991042?t=8ETxxrKL53yrvV2cqc0tEA&s=19

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh okay, I see; that's the 2DS XL, he only said the 2DS. Just making sure he wasn't overpaying.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Oh okay, I see; that's the 2DS XL, he only said the 2DS. Just making sure he wasn't overpaying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

is the 2ds xl as easy to run homebrew on as the 3ds? are flash carts still a thing? this is making me miss my old ds lite and CycloDS cart lol