Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't know what I've done to anger the gods who keep putting people I like into video game projects I'm never going to spend a single second watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I love Walton Goggins but they are absolutely going to make a very bad tv show with the Fallout license.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IRQ posted:

I love Walton Goggins but they are absolutely going to make a very bad tv show with the Fallout license.

The showrunners are the same ones from Westworld so it's basically guaranteed. 99% chance it has to do with EVIL AIs too since that's the only thing they know how to do.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's not like evil ais are all that uncommon in fallout

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zax just wanted to play chess not his fault I didn't have enough radiation shielding

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azhais posted:

It's not like evil ais are all that uncommon in fallout

They could certainly do far worse than adapting Far Harbor... and I'm sure they will.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I doubt they're going to adapt any of the games. Making this "Fallout: New Jersey" or something lets them expand the ip more

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yes, Fallout: Jersey Shore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"This fine weapon is worth 50 bottle caps, come on now"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is Severance a limited series or one that can go on past this?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

He was also in the recent Tomb Raider movie. That movie was actually quite alright. But I worry that his career moves in a bad direction.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Fallout has strayed so far from the original over-the-top dirty 80s/90s post-apocalypse into a pretty generic post-apoc + 1950s motif setting I feel like they can probably get pretty far with some dirty folks walking about and shooting around corrugated tin hovels with oldies playing over top. I feel nothing when Walter Goggins is cast because most of the Fallout games aren't all that strong on characterization and everyone just looks like whatever that version of the engine qualifies as human faces. Bethesda games weakest points are also their stories that aren't just little visual vignettes that can quickly tell a "for sale: baby shoes b/c dead baby irony" or the same thing via fake email/note.

I think it won't actually be all that unlikely or difficult for professional TV writers to come up with a better story than Fallout 3 or 4.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Walton Goggins improves everything he is in but he is also unfortunately sometimes in things whose baseline is so awful (Predators :sigh:) that there's only so much he can do.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh man, the opening of Severance is not something to watch while high as gently caress.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

muscles like this! posted:

Oh man, the opening of Severance is not something to watch while high as gently caress.

uhhh I literally just smoked a bowl and started watching this as you posted :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't mean the first episode, I mean the actual opening credits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I want an endless list of Dichen Lachman reading me facts.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

cant cook creole bream posted:

He was also in the recent Tomb Raider movie. That movie was actually quite alright. But I worry that his career moves in a bad direction.

That Baby Billy you're talking about have some respect.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I really liked Murderville, although the guest quality varied a lot.

I'd put Silicon valley on top by a fair bit, he really dove into the improv, creating a good back and forth with Arnett.

Stone, Lynch and Jeong all had a good "character" and added something unique to the mix, if only Jeong didn't keep laughing so much, it really diminished his performance.

Conan o brian was okay? He didn't really stand out.

Blonde lady was a disaster. She basically stood there and did nothing unless poked by Arnett a lot, literally the same as having any other random person from the street in the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cant cook creole bream posted:

He was in the second Ant Man film and a goddamned delight in every scene. Dude is in massive demand since Justifed, he probably picks things that he thinks he will enjoy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's kind of weird how HBO Max doesn't have Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie for Theaters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Blonde lady was a disaster. She basically stood there and did nothing unless poked by Arnett a lot, literally the same as having any other random person from the street in the show.

That was the episode where I kind of started to notice how overpowering Arnett was. I watched some of the original UK version afterwards and immediately realized why they picked Arnett. The voice the dude puts on in theirs is basically a funny version of Arnett's natural voice. Arnett is funny and all but with him plowing straight through the rehearsed stuff it sometimes felt like he was a Disneyworld castmember on a scheduled visit, enough room to improvise letting some little kid play along for a second then repeating what they said louder and then back to the script. The funny part to me is the improv, the rehearsed stuff is just a glue with some minor whodunnit fun. Plus some of the comedians they had playing the static parts I know for a fact are great improvisers, so was mildly frustrating to have like Michael Jordan being the waterboy for the big game just to let garfield's voice actor have a turn.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I was lukewarm on the trailer and I'm not a big Adam Scott fan but the first two episodes of Severance are strong. I'm intrigued

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhyno posted:

He was in the second Ant Man film and a goddamned delight in every scene. Dude is in massive demand since Justifed, he probably picks things that he thinks he will enjoy.

I loved how big a part he ended up playing in The Hateful 8, which I had presumed was going to be a mostly Kurt Russell/Samuel L Jackson driven thing, but he ended up having a pretty major part in it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's kind of weird how HBO Max doesn't have Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie for Theaters.

Take a look at the string of ownership of the distributor. Looks like it's probably in rights hell. First Look Pictures has been sold and split up several times over

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I regret starting Severence because now I want answers why are the numbers scary

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
https://deadline.com/2022/02/anna-p...ock-1234933868/

New Nick Antosca show coming!

I'm not a true crime fan by any means, but a) Nick Antosca and b) I know a little bit about this one and it's bananas.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Watching the new episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, i'm disappointed that Maisel has seemingly not realised that her comedy has over time come to be mean and cruel towards others, and that is why she was fired. Seems like there was a lot of potential for character growth that has just been thrown away.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Wow Severance is extremely my poo poo so far

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Severance wasn't even on my radar, but it's pretty good.

I swear to God I've heard the theme song before.

edit: Got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRcNxbja-Lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA6Lgve2KJg

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 19, 2022

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Arist posted:

Why do you say this? I haven't heard anything odd about the production except for a scheduling conflict with Bill's actor.

The show premiere has been pushed back to "sometime in 2023".

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Watched a couple episodes of Cuphead. It's clear they put a lot into developing it but it's missing something, and I can't really put my finger on what

like they have the manic energy of old nick toons but it's just not tickling me organically

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm occasionally bummed that we never got a Superman '66 show. Just a goofy charming satire of the squeaky-clean All-American man, and a skewering of the news media of the time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994041

Made a thread for Severance as I liked the first two episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/ronniegrossjr/status/1494829084479836164?t=y__-vrAzvFe2o3UJEluZcw&s=19

Lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

i wish this was someone's av so i could see it around

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to Greg Daniels even though it hasn't officially been picked up they've started writing scripts for Upload season 3.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

So according to Greg Daniels even though it hasn't officially been picked up they've started writing scripts for Upload season 3.

I dunno, that seems a bit pre-mature -- the second season having its episode order cut from ten to seven episodes doesn't bode well for it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Oasx posted:

Watching the new episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, i'm disappointed that Maisel has seemingly not realised that her comedy has over time come to be mean and cruel towards others, and that is why she was fired. Seems like there was a lot of potential for character growth that has just been thrown away.

"I was fired when I outed my gay boss on stage. Clearly this means ... I need to be even more outrageous and uninhibited!"

Watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel requires accepting that Midge will never actually suffer any serious consequences, no matter what a self-centered twerp she is, because everyone else (Susie and Joel, for instance) will move heaven and earth to fix things for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You know hearing about it, I just assumed that Mrs.Maisel was one of those quirky detective/small english town shows that my mom loves