Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Seams posted:

they’re making urks

Bunch of tiny deformed clones of Steve Urkel just running around all going "DID I DO THAT?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Apart from the other ways this is dumb, it misses that Martin Kove {who plays John Kreese) is a black belt in Okinawa-te Karate and has Kendo and taekwondo experience too.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

davidbix posted:

IT'S THEIR VERSION OF THE TV TITLE! HE HELD THE TV TITLE TWICE IN WCW! THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE TV TITLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CHAMPION TO TAKES ON ALL COMERS ON A WEEKLY OR NEAR-WEEKLY BASIS!

Even by Disco standards, this is a completely mind-boggling take.

Plus for this particular match:

Sammy had never beaten Darby before
Sammy and Darby have been mentioned as being in similar standing by multiple characters on the show - most notably by MJF's four pillars
Darby had saved Sammy from a beatdown the week prior
Darby is a former TNT champion and both men's reigns are tied to by their battles with Cody Rhodes
Both men are in Andrade's focus (Andrade wants Darby as an assistant, and Andrade has explicitly stated he wants the title)

It clearly wasn't just a random match thrown together!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

enabling alcohol culture is one of aew's gravest sins

how dare grown adults drink? Those scum.

No WWE SUPERSTAR! has ever touched a drop of the devil's water.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
CM Punk needs to be a better influence.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

CM Punk needs to be a better influence.

Didn't you hear him on Wed? He thinks not drinking makes him better than us!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MicromanFever/status/1494721411373584392

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Excited to read some bad awards takes

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

https://twitter.com/RantinReview/status/1494458622574837761?t=0eZ04CkrV6nxUUV4mt0atg&s=19

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the three subgenres: sports entertainment, pro wrestling, and japanese

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Love to tell everyone to touch grass after admitting I spend all day arguing about wrestling.

https://twitter.com/Kazeem/status/1494700199884775429
https://twitter.com/Kazeem/status/1494743367334379523

Also I don't care.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol objective

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tbf he’s right because those shows were objectively dogshit

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
please don't let language turn objective/subjective into could/couldn't care less.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Surprised Summerslam didn't win, thought everyone loved EGG

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Wrestling Is Objective was my least favorite Chikara spinoff

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wrestlemania Backlash was actually pretty drat good outside of the zombie stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Lostinyourears/status/1494776618635644932

Even if you somehow don't like the talent that left last year, the shows were so plagued by technical issues that at one point Cubsfan told people he wouldn't advise ordering them. The talent they are pushing often sucks and the company is in obvious turmoil.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'd also maybe argue that getting second place with 11% of the votes of what won first place isn't really something to complain too much about

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

i'd also maybe argue that getting second place with 11% of the votes of what won first place isn't really something to complain too much about

i think you underestimate how little CMLL stans have to go on at this point

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is a pretty mild one but there's always the possibility that Dave and Kenny did 15 minutes on Elden Ring.

https://twitter.com/Joel1998T/status/1494868126227472386?t=J6eLRiGSlSR_ZsSNfj2_5Q&s=19

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i'd kill for a segment of kenny omega explaining the plot of final fantasy 7 to dave in order to give proper context for the name of his finisher, especially if bryan also had to listen to it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I misread the initial Meltzer tweet as saying he and Kenny would be discussing Kenny's birth as opposed to the birth of AEW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I misread the initial Meltzer tweet as saying he and Kenny would be discussing Kenny's birth as opposed to the birth of AEW.

How did you finish the show so quickly to know that is what it meant?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

if you aren't listening to podcasts at 3.5 x speed how do you have enough hours in the day

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kenny trying to explain high level Street Fighter to Dave in wrestling terms would be amazing

Or even better Kenny and Dave leveling in FF14

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

How did you finish the show so quickly to know that is what it meant?

Hmm I suppose I cannot officially confirm that Dave and Kenny did not discuss Kenny's actual birth

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kenny trying to explain high level Street Fighter to Dave in wrestling terms would be amazing

Or even better Kenny and Dave leveling in FF14

"So his gimmick is that he's got to get all these crystals"

"And then Cid does a run in"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

"and they ask why wrestling is losing credibility?"

who is asking this.

Me. Why is wrestling losing credibility?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

you have to have something to lose it

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/the_v_triggerer/status/1495033980739104768?s=21

lol manipulated you into starting a successful wrestling promotion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Gareth_EW/status/1495065496475082758?t=3EG25liwcq5T3yhLlYd6sQ&s=19

...what

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

That's just straight up "I don't watch" levels of missing the point

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Shard posted:

Lol objective

I have it on good authority that wrestling is objective and that Pro-Wrestling NOAH is objectively the best professional wrestling. If you like anything else you're just too stupid to appreciate what's objectively good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Takuan posted:

I have it on good authority that wrestling is objective and that Pro-Wrestling NOAH is objectively the best professional wrestling. If you like anything else you're just too stupid to appreciate what's objectively good.

Okay but Nosawa has a singles victory over Kiyomiya

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean you could definitely make the argument that the build to Rosa/Baker II has been rather lackluster cause Rosa just kinda went into limbo after their first match and Baker's just done this series of 2-3 week build title defenses where there's 0% chance she could lose and to some degree it does feel like Tony woke up like 3 or 4 weeks ago and went "oh gently caress, that's right we're doing the Rosa match now" and started building to it BUT you can't say they've done literally Nothing at this point.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i just assumed rosa and britt had been simmering since the lights out match a year ago while i wasn't watching. that match seemed to have an inherent promise of a rosa title feud down the line and this is it. works for me. she should win.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

roomtone posted:

i just assumed rosa and britt had been simmering since the lights out match a year ago while i wasn't watching. that match seemed to have an inherent promise of a rosa title feud down the line and this is it. works for me. she should win.

The last three weeks of tv have shown Britt has been acutely aware that Rosa is on a collision course with a title match and doing what she can to thwart it by bringing in Mercedes Martinez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, the build to Rosa/Britt started retroactively last year with Jade/Rosa in the tournament.