Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Comstar posted:

GW is now hiring for THE ONE person who controls everything lore related. They never had anyone in this positiuon before.

You know what you must do*. Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

-------------
* - I am confident it will be a white male, so that narrows the pool a bit.

I'd only entertain that job if I could work 100% remote, never show my face or voice in a conference call, never give my real name to GW, and have my attorney submit the work + receive payment in cash on my behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Midjack posted:

I'd only entertain that job if I could work 100% remote, never show my face or voice in a conference call, never give my real name to GW, and have my attorney submit the work + receive payment in cash on my behalf.

We know it's you, Mr. Ward. Please stop.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
I don't think they're ready for my pro-Chaos agenda.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

sasha_d3ath posted:

I don't think they're ready for my pro-Chaos agenda.

alright there Ed Miliband

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
ITT: Everyone is a different GW staffer in disguise.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I know next-to-nothing about 40K lore, and I don’t give a single poo poo about any of it.

I think I’d be perfect for the job.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Applying to the head writer position by saying "we're going back to fantasy"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

alright there Ed Miliband

Pictured below, Chaos with the Ed Miller Band;

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Applying to the head writer position by saying "we're going back to fantasy"

"The Age of Sigmar is over. The Time of the Scrunt has come!"
:scrunt:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They want a creative director but I bet they don't want them to be too creative.

Like, if I suddenly made Gork and Mork superluminal, transdimensional, bioswarm AI that operate in the collective quantum computing power of the orkish mycological network, built by the brainboys of old, who were then destroyed by their creation due to most orks being too angry and it leaking into the software, I don't think they'd like that.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

They might try that in AoS. In 40k they have to keep it grim and serious or people will riot (I mean they riot all the time but that is another topic)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

goatface posted:

They want a creative director but I bet they don't want them to be too creative.

Like, if I suddenly made Gork and Mork superluminal, transdimensional, bioswarm AI that operate in the collective quantum computing power of the orkish mycological network, built by the brainboys of old, who were then destroyed by their creation due to most orks being too angry and it leaking into the software, I don't think they'd like that.

I, on the other hand, loving love this

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

It fits with all preceding gork and mork lore

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well I didn't want to wipe it all out. It needed to fit with them showing up to support a big waaagh and produce miraculous events, and them being capricious and uncaring. They need to slightly resent the beings they rely upon for their existence.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GW making orks less comedy relief and more of the exact same grimdark crap as every other faction is an ongoing crime and I hate it

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

jesus WEP posted:

GW making orks less comedy relief and more of the exact same grimdark crap as every other faction is an ongoing crime and I hate it

I haven't read any of the new lore, because 40ks lore went to poo poo at the end of 7th edition, but their new models are still plenty Orky.

:hmmorks:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The best new orks are the Kommandos for kill team. That grapple grot is fantastic.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah every concrete detail we learn about Orks (or pretty much any faction) makes them more mundane. I'd rather everything was speculation, are they sentient fungus? Maybe. Are they spontaneous creations of the warp? Could be. Are the brainboys the old ones or are they un-devolved grots? Who cares? Tell me more about the warboss that invaded a planet so he could get a cool hat for his favorite squig.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think about what would happen if someone only now came up with the idea that ork machines only work because the orks believe they will, and same logic for how red really does make things faster and purple really does make things stealthier, and how fast that person would be fired for suggesting it in 2022, and it makes me sad

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Moola posted:

Wait you're telling me Imperial Stormtroopers are BAD GUYS!?

Weren't the 2nd ed ones modelled on British paras? :thunk:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

yes, bad guys

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Winklebottom posted:

yes, bad guys

the joke is every civilization and organization on earth is grim dark evil.

yes. every. single. one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

If you've ever lived near one of their bases, they're v fitting. Angry, edgy boys.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I was actually referencing star wars storm troopers

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

EVIL Gibson posted:

the joke is every civilization and organization on earth is grim dark evil.

yes. every. single. one.

Particularly the paras. It’s not even a joke about grim darkness being universal, the paras perpetrated Bloody Sunday. They are the bad guys.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

ominous ...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I know that it was used by several European monarchies and not solely by the French, but the combination of a Fluer-de-lis and the Union Jack is inadvertently hilarious to me.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Samovar posted:

I know that it was used by several European monarchies and not solely by the French, but the combination of a Fluer-de-lis and the Union Jack is inadvertently hilarious to me.

In true Brexit spirit we demand contradictory things and will accuse you of oppression if you point out our bullshit.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Yer can't stop Captain Midlands!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

darkwasthenight posted:

Yer can't stop Captain Midlands!

Then they killed him off. :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Samovar posted:

Oui oui, for Britainia, non?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
I just want to clarify that I am not actually friends with Hitler. That would be weird, with him being dead and all. Very few of my friends are dead.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I just want to clarify that I am not actually friends with Hitler.

I guess he's more of an acquaintance then?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I just want to clarify that I am not actually friends with Hitler. That would be weird, with him being dead and all. Very few of my friends are dead.

My, 'I am not friends with Hitler' shirt is raising a lot of questions answered by my shirt.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr. Sunshine posted:

Uh huh. This reads like something somebody who's friends with Hitler would say.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

AndyElusive posted:

Uh huh. This reads like something somebody who's friends with Hitler would say.

To be fair, Hitler runs a helluva good WH40K RPG sesh. Dude's got the setting down pat, and his descriptions of aliens and heretics are chilling and realistic. You really got to hand it to them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding our friend Adolf Hitler. You do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them".

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My understanding is that Hitler has more frens than friends.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm just saying that Horus did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

lenoon posted:

Particularly the paras. It’s not even a joke about grim darkness being universal, the paras perpetrated Bloody Sunday. They are the bad guys.

Greetings from Canada, whose airborne regiment became so full of warcriming sociopaths (like, higher than the expected army average) that the government straight up disbanded them.

According to a couple of buddies I have in the armed forces, the whole regiment has been memory holed and everyone tries to pretend they never existed in the first place.

Given a bunch of the recent poo poo getting reported out of the Canadian forces, I don't think it made any positive difference.