Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Lee Moriarty
HM: Chris Jericho & Jake Hager vs Santana & Ortiz
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Mercedes Martinez
MOTYC: Sammy Guevara vs Darby Allin

All from AEW Dynamite 16.02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Testekill posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Lee Moriarty, AEW Dynamite 2/16

Two of the best technicians in the world.

Nth. Danielson the literal GOAT of wrestling

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

nth

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nthing this.

Great show top to bottom, and this was a star-making performance for Lee Moriarty.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTY: Taichi vs. DOUKI - JTO TakaTaichiMania 3 (1/10)

After having the train ride home to reflect on this match, I've decided it's not only my match of the year so far (ten days in, but it's beating stiff competition from a match earlier today I'll try to post about later) and will take something really special to beat it, but it's one of my favourite pro wrestling matches of all time.

I will preface this review by saying that sorry to disappoint forkboy and Lamuella, it doesn't end with a Taichi/DOUKI wedding, but it does end with a birthday party which is almost as good as far as celebrations go.

Three years ago, at the first TakaTaichiMania, oft-maligned junior heavyweight Taichi wrestled the top star in all of Japan, Tetsuya Naito after his heartbreaking loss to Kazuchika Okada and took him to the absolute limit displaying an ability to go toe-to-toe with one of the best wrestlers in the world and not look out of place, and though it didn't turn opinions around on Taichi overnight, it started his ascent to becoming a highly regarded heavyweight bruiser. A year later, at the second TakaTaichiMania, DOUKI, a man who was sent to Taichi in Mexico by Milano Collection AT and spent almost ten years plying his trade in the scuzziest of Mexican indie promotions was handed the opportunity of a lifetime when Jun Kasai broke El Desperado's jaw, granting him an unlikely spot in Best of the Super Juniors, where he too was oft-maligned by people both on the outside and the inside of the promotion, but TAKA leaving to take care of his new promotion left Suzuki-gun without a pineater so DOUKI managed to stick around. Today, at the third TakaTaichiMania, these two men faced off. Taichi may not be the top star in the country, and his heartbreaking Wrestle Kingdom loss was against YOSHI-HASHI rather than Kazuchika Okada, and DOUKI has already begun to turn public opinion around by himself, but this was still an opportunity to pay forward the favour that Naito paid to him three years ago, and boy did he ever.

There have been Suzuki-gun vs. Suzuki-gun matches at TakaTaichi shows before and they've usually been fun displays of two villainous scumbags trying to out-scumbag the other ending with them making up at the end. This match followed TAKA vs El Desperado, which was a lot of TAKA laying traps to try and get one over on the junior champion. You may have been forgiven for thinking this would end being more of the same, but these two went to loving war. For over 25 minutes, DOUKI took every lariat, every kick, every move Taichi has cribbed from one of the four pillars and gave it right back with the reckless abandon that has come to endear him to New Japan fans. One of the absolute highlights of the match was DOUKI backflipping out of a nodowa otoshi attempt from Taichi on the ring apron all the way to the floor and killing Taichi with a DDT to the apron. The more of Taichi's onslaught the more DOUKI turned the crowd who'd come to support Taichi in his favour until the only person in the whole building who was still showing their support for Taichi was Miho Abe, who for her part was running back and fore to Kimihiko Ozaki at ringside to check how much time was remaining and panickedly informing Taichi how much time he had to left to avoid being held to a shock draw.

The emotional climax of the match came 25 minutes in after DOUKI managed to kick out of a Last Ride, Milano Collection AT leaped from the commentary table and ran to DOUKI's corner to will him to victory along with Mima Shimoda and the rest of the Korakuen crowd. They edged closer and closer to the 30 minute time limit and DOUKI even managed to hit Taichi with the scrappiest Suplex de la Luna he's hit. Taichi made it look like a real loving struggle. However, eventually Taichi managed to hit Black Mephisto and for the first time ever I, and many other people in Korakuen Hall, groaned with disappointment as Taichi pinned DOUKI for the three count. It was an absolute masterclass in getting someone over in defeat. If this had happened at an NJPW show it would have loving made DOUKI.

After the match all of Suzuki-gun were called out to wish Happy Birthday to Miho Abe and all but Minoru Suzuki, who was supposedly out the front selling merch, answered the call. However, once they started singing, the boss himself emerged (along with a gaggle of idols he'd picked up along the way) carrying a birthday cake for Miho, which he then smashed into her face. Suzuki-gun then posed as that amazing TakaTaichi theme played and I realised these loving assholes have completely replaced LIJ as my favourite NJPW faction. I love Taichi. I love DOUKI. I love Suzuki-gun.

This match probably won't mean as much to you as it meant to me, but it was still loving incredible pro wrestling, and I would easily put it above anything on Wrestle Kingdom. Buy this show, pirate it, I don't care. Just find a way to watch it because it was amazing. Five stars.

Just watched this. Nth. I love DOUKI, I love Taichi.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Lee Moriarty, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
HM: Chris Jericho/Jake Hager vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Mercedes Martinez, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
MOTYC: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 16/02

Nth - agree with these.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
13th of Feb
ChocoPro 200 Day 2
Minoru Fujita (c) vs. Baliyan Akki for the Super Asia Championship in a Last Man Standing match

No joke the hardest loving match ever done in the Chocolate Square

2nd this. It's fantastic wrestling. Great selling, great grappling, great story telling. It's well worth making time even if you aren't a regular ChocoPro watcher. https://youtu.be/YPqWM_sTJTc starts at 1 hour 37

HM
13th February
Gatoh Move ChocoPro 200 Day 2
Hoshitango & Masahiro Takanashi vs Rina Yamashita & Yuna Mizumori

This is more your classic ChocoPro silliness but Rina is Rina & so still manages to bring some fire. Also uses a pineapple like it's a cheese grater which is a fun spot

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM
Enjoy Wrestling Striking Distance Episode 2 Feb 17th
Violence is Forever vs Yokai
Lee Moriarty & PB Smooth vs A Tribe Called Catch (Darius Lockhart & Suge D)
Whole episode is these two episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAZJDKaU84

I know Darius became a joke because of the whole Swole stuff and him getting flashdrive with Tony, but this tag match has pretty solid combo of comedy, serious wrestling, and ends kind of a flat note but as a logical way to build between his feud with Lee.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

achillesforever6 posted:

HM
Enjoy Wrestling Striking Distance Episode 2 Feb 17th
Violence is Forever vs Yokai
Lee Moriarty & PB Smooth vs A Tribe Called Catch (Darius Lockhart & Suge D)
Whole episode is these two episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAZJDKaU84

I know Darius became a joke because of the whole Swole stuff and him getting flashdrive with Tony, but this tag match has pretty solid combo of comedy, serious wrestling, and ends kind of a flat note but as a logical way to build between his feud with Lee.

Nth. I enjoyed the first exchange between Darius and Lee as it was fast chain wrestling. I thought that PB was rather stiff as a big man but Darius and Suge worked well with him.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice, AEW Rampage, 11/02
HM: Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs. rear end Boys, AEW Rampage, 11/02

Bucks and Roppongi still needs one more MOTYC so here it is

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Lee Moriarty, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
HM: Chris Jericho/Jake Hager vs. Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Mercedes Martinez, AEW Dynamite, 16/02
MOTYC: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 16/02

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th February
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.17
Jun Tonsho, Keiichi Sato & Shigehiro Irie vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka)

Fantastic opening tag.

HM
11th February
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.17
G-REX Title Tournament 2nd Round
Minoru Tanaka vs T-Hawk

Show is on their YouTube as per normal

https://youtu.be/ZkF2v_1WPas

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: #10 vs BUDGE AEW Rampage 18.02

Ten stepped up his game massively here. Dude looked like an absolute killer.

E:

HM: Dante Martin vs Will Hobbs AEW Rampage 18.02

I hear that Dante Martin was legally required to register himself as an aircraft before this match.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 19, 2022

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

E:

I hear that Dante Martin was legally required to register himself as an aircraft before this match.

nth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Trent Beretta vs The Detested Knife Pervert AEW Rampage 18.02

FUUUCK YOUUUU SWITCHBLADE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM from me, but man was it good to see Jay wrestling in front of a crowd allowed to make noise again.

Also gently caress YOU SWITCHBLADE! :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

2nd. Jay is the best and they should just replace Adam Cole with him in the Revolution title match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 2/18

HM: 10 vs. Adam Cole
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Dante Martin
MOTYC: Trent Beretta vs. Jay White

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'll give this an HM, gently caress Jay White.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

I almost want to knock it down to hm cause Jay's Tanahashi taunts were Picture in picture but nth

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I almost want to knock it down to hm cause Jay's Tanahashi taunts were Picture in picture but nth

FITE viewers win again

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

AEW Rampage 2/18

HM: Trent Beretta vs. Jay White

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
AEW Rampage 2/18

HM: Trent Beretta vs. Jay White (This was on the edge of a MOTYC though)

Another solid Rampage

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah nth

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

E:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nth on all three of these.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
18th February
Prominence Pre-Launch Show "Ha"
Akane Fujita vs Risa Sera vs Suzu Suzuki

Someone compared these Prominence preview shows to hardcore ChocoPro & it's bang on. Match in a bar on a mat rather than in a ring, exceedingly small roster, posters for the next show being stapled to heads, shoot headbutts, getting bodyslammed onto a mat covered in thumbtacks, yet retaining a light & silly air to it all. Just very pleasant viewing

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/18

Nth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kevino07 posted:

AEW Rampage 2/18

HM: Trent Beretta vs. Jay White

Another solid Rampage

yes indeed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in KFC Hall February 19th
HM
Hyper Misao vs Haruna Neko
- Konnichi-nyaa big children, let's see what Misao's up to now

Hikari Noa, Mizuki and Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe, Yuki Aino and Suzume
- Very good match that gave everyone chances to shine, even if it was kind of disconnected from the ongoing stories (Miu/Mizuki excepted)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

HM
18th February
Tokyo Joshi 2022 Winter
Hikari Noa & Mizuki & Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe & Yuki Aino & Suzume

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Winter in KFC Hall February 19th
HM
Hyper Misao vs Haruna Neko
- Konnichi-nyaa big children, let's see what Misao's up to now

Hikari Noa, Mizuki and Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe, Yuki Aino and Suzume
- Very good match that gave everyone chances to shine, even if it was kind of disconnected from the ongoing stories (Miu/Mizuki excepted)

+1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Adam Cole vs. 10, AEW Rampage Slam Dunk, 18/02
HM: Dante Martin vs. Powerhouse Hobbs, AEW Rampage Slam Dunk, 18/02
HM: Jay White vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage Slam Dunk, 18/02

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/18

Nth to this. drat good show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs. SANADA for the IWGP US Championship - NJPW Golden Series 2/19

Also known as The Alliance to End Kneeamania, these two did everything they could to gently caress up each other's knees, on top of an already great match. Some absolutely perfect moments of timing here from both guys, selling in EXACTLY the right way at EXACTLY the right time to perfect effect. A nice reminder of what SANADA is capable of in addition to Tanahashi being, of course, The Ace.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs. SANADA for the IWGP US Championship - NJPW Golden Series 2/19

Also known as The Alliance to End Kneeamania, these two did everything they could to gently caress up each other's knees, on top of an already great match. Some absolutely perfect moments of timing here from both guys, selling in EXACTLY the right way at EXACTLY the right time to perfect effect. A nice reminder of what SANADA is capable of in addition to Tanahashi being, of course, The Ace.

2nd. Beautiful tribute to the Living Legend Keiji Mutoh. The best SANADA match ever.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Jerusalem posted:

3rd

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Nth it was great

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, the best match Sanada has had with someone not called ZSJ. Old man Tana continues to be the best wrestler this century

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress, is SANADA good again?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

gently caress, is SANADA good again?

Go watch the match right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem