Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rectal Placenta posted:

I'm on my fifth warning I think, and it's just... normally snowing outside?

I think the range for phone emergency alerts are hilariously bad. I got woken up at 4 am a couple weeks ago because some guy shot a cop and fled on foot about 15 miles away. I don’t think I’m technically in the counties in the squall warning but it still told me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

:lol: we just found out what started this hockey crap.

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/1491240893172445184

The goalie said 'How about that loving save.' That's it, that's all that happened. Marchand is going to hear that so often from now on.

What the gently caress, what a fuckin baby

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Worst landing I’ve had was at sfo. Plane touched down super hard, bounced, then throttled up for a go around. Thankfully second attempt was better.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Also I am now officially on vacation! Originally my partner and I were going to go to Italy but we cancelled our tickets in January when Omicron got bad so now it's a staycation with possibly a trip to Portland to relax and check in on my mom, sister, and brother (if he's out of jail). Either way we'll be going back that way soon anyway for a variety of reasons but part of it is also to try talk to my brother about going to rehab or going down to the Siletz reservation in Oregon since he's enrolled and his other grandma and sisters are there and want to help.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

General Dog posted:

The charm of the original is so tied to its griminess, low budget, and 70s-ness that I can’t imagine good modern version of it. It’s not like the concept and character of Leatherface is some deep well of content.

Crisp, clean HD is doesn't work with TCM, the film should look and feel gross, there are some cool kills but there's also a moment where a bunch of "influencers" are just filming leatherface with their phones and a guy says 'You're cancelled bro"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Finally watched lamb

Lol

Lmao

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I watched CODA this evening and was shocked at how much I hated it. It was tonally bizarre, like an unusually horny Disney Channel movie.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I have awful, awful flight anxiety that Ativan does nothing to curb. I had a full blown full on panic attack during a bad batch of turbulance flying across India and it was one of the most embarassing things I have done as an a adult. I have no idea where or how my brain latched on to "if you sleep/relax/don't distract yourself the plane will crash and you will die" but it's there and it sucks.

I never really had flight anxiety until I got married, and it ratcheted up to 11 when we had our daughter. The first and only trip we’ve taken without her (coviiiiiiiid :argh:) I had the nearest I’ve had to a panic attack the week before because I’d convinced myself we were going to orphan her. Not like overtly, but just a big impending doom feeling.

We are all flying together this fall to Colorado and im sure I will convince myself that’ll be a deadly disaster too—much like I start financial planning in my head the one time a year I buy a power ball ticket.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Also, goddamn this is a banger of a tweet

https://twitter.com/lallypb/status/1494745962811637767?s=21

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Driveway is suddenly slick as hell though!

I have no plans to leave tomorrow, my driveway is south facing and sloped, and it’s going to be 50 on Sunday, I ain’t doin poo poo about any of this snow and ice lol

Pops Mgee posted:

I think the range for phone emergency alerts are hilariously bad. I got woken up at 4 am a couple weeks ago because some guy shot a cop and fled on foot about 15 miles away. I don’t think I’m technically in the counties in the squall warning but it still told me.

I was wondering why everyone was talking about these alerts and I wasn’t getting any, then your post reminded me I disabled all of that poo poo because of that same (I assume, I think we’re near-ish) guy

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also I am now officially on vacation! Originally my partner and I were going to go to Italy but we cancelled our tickets in January when Omicron got bad so now it's a staycation with possibly a trip to Portland to relax and check in on my mom, sister, and brother (if he's out of jail). Either way we'll be going back that way soon anyway for a variety of reasons but part of it is also to try talk to my brother about going to rehab or going down to the Siletz reservation in Oregon since he's enrolled and his other grandma and sisters are there and want to help.

Heck yeah enjoy that time off. Kick back and relax comrade :cool:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lol holy poo poo

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hello, my anxious flyer buddies. So on this flight into New Orleans, when we hit the turbulence, ya girl is silently freaking out while the fools 6 rows up have their hands in the air and are woo-ing like they're on a roller coaster. I kept thinking "Yeah, go ahead and woo when we hit the dirt, fuckers."

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Braksgirl posted:

Hello, my anxious flyer buddies. So on this flight into New Orleans, when we hit the turbulence, ya girl is silently freaking out while the fools 6 rows up have their hands in the air and are woo-ing like they're on a roller coaster. I kept thinking "Yeah, go ahead and woo when we hit the dirt, fuckers."

I mean it’s not like you’d know if it crashed.

Have a drink and cope however you can.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Braksgirl posted:

That episode of the Simpsons where Marge freaks out as the plane gets ready to leave feels like a snapshot from my actual flying experiences. My partner and I went to Brussels for Christmas in 2019 and it took a lot of hand holding to keep me from jumping out of my seat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

John "The Torture Memo Guy" Yoo is currently a law professor at UC Berkeley.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Please invest in my new cryptocurrency, it's called "this is literally just a pump and dump scam, I'm going to steal your money" coin. Everything is completely above board, I swear.

https://twitter.com/__femb0t/status/1494789467084926980?t=8DKC8wPH89tfCppnUuNreg&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
was ponzicoin a little too on the nose?

Braksgirl posted:

may as well enjoy your last moments!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I was also all over the BigJetTV last night, saw somebody mention he wrote in chat “The S*n can do one” so I suspect the channel operator is a good ‘un.

Kalli posted:

Yeah I distinctly remember looking out the window and seeing some lady hanging clothes to dry. It was... unnerving to say the least

The new airport is gigantic and on an island away from the mainland. It used to be on the peninsula in that little inlet just north of the G in Kong island.

The bridges connecting the airport to Lantau and to the mainland are also absurdly gigantic double decker bridges with a train line on them.

All that I’ve read about the Kai-Tak approach sounds absolutely harrowing and not the kind of thing you’d like to experience regularly. Some utterly wild photos from that too.

The ‘city’ airport in Tokyo, Haneda, also early in 2020 opened up a new flight path going over the city for arrival (everything previously was over Tokyo Bay) so you can see planes coming in from parts of Shinjuku or Shibuya areas, but they’re not that low at that point. Where I used to live was later on the path and they were…much lower.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

I was also all over the BigJetTV last night, saw somebody mention he wrote in chat “The S*n can do one” so I suspect the channel operator is a good ‘un.

All that I’ve read about the Kai-Tak approach sounds absolutely harrowing and not the kind of thing you’d like to experience regularly. Some utterly wild photos from that too.

Six times :v:

But really, at a kid / teen with lovely casette tape players, the cheapest headphones and a bag full of library books for those trips... the only thing I'd say was, if I'm gonna die, let it be a crash on takeoff, because I went through 20 loving hours of this to get here.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

Finally watched lamb

Lol

Lmao

I actually spent :10bux: to see it in the theaters. I want my money back.

I happened to watch the 2020 remake of The Grudge and it was forgettable. The original(s) barely had a plot and this one followed suit.

Unrelated, I got an e-mail from DoorDash suggesting I order king cakes to be delivered straight from NOLA soon to get them in time for Mardi Gras.

Which one should I get? I'll be ordering beignets from a local donut place for work.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The scariest flight I ever had was just a quick jumper from DC to Richmond, just a 45 minute flight but holy hell that plane shook like crazy the entire time over there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The scariest flight I ever had was just a quick jumper from DC to Richmond, just a 45 minute flight but holy hell that plane shook like crazy the entire time over there.

Was it a small plane? those are loving terrifying.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shot

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1494404743199969281

Chaser

https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/1494789689311518720

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

was ponzicoin a little too on the nose?

may as well enjoy your last moments!

Ponzicoin was already done, intentionally as a joke.

https://ponzicoin.co/home.html

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy crap don't try to play an actual organized soccer game when you're 35. I'm absolutely beat to poo poo. :corsair:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Android Apocalypse posted:

I happened to watch the 2020 remake of The Grudge and it was forgettable. The original(s) barely had a plot and this one followed suit.

Unrelated, I got an e-mail from DoorDash suggesting I order king cakes to be delivered straight from NOLA soon to get them in time for Mardi Gras.

Which one should I get? I'll be ordering beignets from a local donut place for work.

I just get a bag of plastic babies and stick them in muffins, Little Debbies, etc, to amuse myself

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

congrats wyoming, you elected a loving idiot

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Seeing Jackass Forever today very excited.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

All of those king cakes look like trash, but I'd go with the cream cheese because hopefully the filling kept the cake moist. The fact that they used sprinkles instead of colored sugar is a very bad sign. The vanilla creme one is an abomination.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I had a really hairy sideways landing at OHare once and a really big drop on descent through the wind going into Denver.

Whoever said if you die “you won’t know it” is forgetting that I don’t want several minutes of that level of terror as we lawn dart into the highland plains. gently caress that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Loving reading these plane stories at the gate waiting for my flight :waycool:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Seeing Jackass Forever today very excited.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Spoeank posted:

Loving reading these plane stories at the gate waiting for my flight :waycool:

I imagine your face is similar to that of your avatar's right now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1494720003593039873?t=aHyHnMg8p8m7VN6wZlPG-g&s=19

"Of all the jobs in public service, police officers have the most difficult one.... They risk they're lives every single day."

Lots of citations needed for this speech.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Braksgirl posted:

I imagine your face is similar to that of your avatar's right now.

More or less

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1494720003593039873?t=aHyHnMg8p8m7VN6wZlPG-g&s=19

"Of all the jobs in public service, police officers have the most difficult one.... They risk they're lives every single day."

Lots of citations needed for this speech.

Remembering a coworker who had a psych masturbate to completion in the ambulance and the cops wouldn’t take report for sexual assault.

Also all the times I’ve been kicked and punched over the years. Or had to physically hold down people who were trying to bite me and my partners while the cops refused to help.

Roofing is a more dangerous job than policing, as are a fuckton of other trade jobs. Most cop deaths are from MVAs anyhow. And Covid is the biggest killer of cops anymore.

Goddamn cops are such whiny loving babies and all their apologists can hop into an industrial paper shredder.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skwirl posted:

Was it a small plane? those are loving terrifying.

It was a bombardier, something like 50 seats. So not a Cessna level size but still certainly not 737 level.

I wish I had just rented a car from DC and drove. Would have been faster than waitinf at the airport for that dumb flight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Remembering a coworker who had a psych masturbate to completion in the ambulance and the cops wouldn’t take report for sexual assault.

Also all the times I’ve been kicked and punched over the years. Or had to physically hold down people who were trying to bite me and my partners while the cops refused to help.

Roofing is a more dangerous job than policing, as are a fuckton of other trade jobs. Most cop deaths are from MVAs anyhow. And Covid is the biggest killer of cops anymore.

Goddamn cops are such whiny loving babies and all their apologists can hop into an industrial paper shredder.

My first job was delivering pizza, which is like ten more times dangerous than being a cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

My first job was delivering pizza, which is like ten more times dangerous than being a cop.

I’ve been to more murdered delivery folks than even mildly injured cops in my career so I agree with you 100%.