Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also we got an answer to everones most burning question: is space ragnar a good kisser?

no

Despera fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

now correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the monsters in s1 have Neanderthal DNA or something or am I imagining that line

why is the ocean full of crocodilian man-shaped monsters that want to drown people in acid

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kepler-22b is the Australia of planets. Everything in it’s biome evolved with a singular goal: Kill humans.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

steinrokkan posted:

This show has some of the worst day for night shots I've ever seen, and it's really starting to bug me

It's very 1960s western 'just film in the sun and slap a blue filter on it'.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Planet got 3 loving moons far closer than ours theres not going to be night as we know it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Xaintrailles posted:

Yeah this was a good one.
I'm gonna call doll-droid has faked her death. Although I wouldn't really be surprised by anything, because this show is great.

yeah and they will leave her face ripped off

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Despera posted:

show has 3 moons which kinda explains the day for night

3 moon wolf.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CODChimera posted:

yeah and they will leave her face ripped off

Faceless robots are indeed the spookiest kind of robots.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just want to correct the post about filming in a desert. Cape Town, South Africa is where this is filmed. Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, it's not a desert. It's as far south of the equator as somewhere between San Francisco and LA are north. The reason it's a good filming location is because there's a really wide variety of landscapes: beaches with dunes and white sand ("desert"), mountains, forests, etc as well as there being an actual city, with a diverse population. It's got a big wine industry so it's got that kind of weather.

Anyway I've heard a few south African accents. The Mithraic Markus followers are mostly locals I think, Carl the android (medical android?) In season 1 too. The head atheist soldier guy sort of sounds Afrikaans but ? I think he's dutch?

redreader fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 18, 2022

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
"Cape Town is San luis Obispo!" is certainly a flex. A weird one. But a flex.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gonz posted:

Kepler-22b is the Australia of planets. Everything in it’s biome evolved with a singular goal: Kill humans.

Starting to think the PS5 game Returnal is a sequel to this show

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

wolfs posted:

now correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the monsters in s1 have Neanderthal DNA or something or am I imagining that line

why is the ocean full of crocodilian man-shaped monsters that want to drown people in acid

The creatures are descendants of Neanderthals, yes. Neanderthals died out in pre-historic times on earth, so we don't really know if they were acid resistant or not.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

GABA ghoul posted:

The creatures are descendants of Neanderthals, yes. Neanderthals died out in pre-historic times on earth, so we don't really know if they were acid resistant or not.

Not really fully. There was crossbreeding and there is some semblance of Neanderthal DNA in many people's genome. But that acid ignoring gene might not have survived.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the acid creatures are mermaids

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gonz posted:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Very funny how Mother conveniently leaves out of her "find a new leader" speech that she already has someone in mind for the job.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would Campion be considered an orphan, since technically he has no biological parents?

I wonder how many loopholes there are in milky robot space Jesus prophecies.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
In s1 e3 when campion leads the children away from the village, Paul stumbles, drops Mouse, and when trying to find him, discovers a stick figure with a black spiky head, very much like the way Paul looks after the Mouse bio bomb. He recoils and drops it; it seems like foreshadowing of Paul's fate.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 19, 2022

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Was thinking about the show today and had a feeling that the show’s gonna end up being a time loop. Can’t point to one thing exactly but there’s enough ingredients in place that I could see them going that way…

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

frogbs posted:

Was thinking about the show today and had a feeling that the show’s gonna end up being a time loop. Can’t point to one thing exactly but there’s enough ingredients in place that I could see them going that way…

yeah i could see that happening pretty easily.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, when Raised By Wolves hits the reset button, they go whole hog...and add an acid ocean Cenobite for fun. Are there two Sol-Androids? The one Campion saw seemed glowy but not too much, Father's vision went full white-out. Guess we'll find out next episode.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ninurta posted:

Well, when Raised By Wolves hits the reset button, they go whole hog...and add an acid ocean Cenobite for fun. Are there two Sol-Androids? The one Campion saw seemed glowy but not too much, Father's vision went full white-out. Guess we'll find out next episode.

I suspect they're both the same android tbh, and it's just been repairing itself offscreen.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Ninurta posted:

Guess we'll find out next episode
oh you sweet summer child

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Completely loving bullshit that there are only two episodes left in this microseason, that this hasn't been renewed yet and that even in the best case scenario we will have to wait 1-2 years for new stuff. There are like 57 bland, almost identical superhero comic shows airing right now and we can't even have this one little pumpkin snake show :argh:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

This show has some of the worst day for night shots I've ever seen, and it's really starting to bug me

I understand the practical reasons why they did it as people have mentioned, but yeah, this is bugging the hell out of me.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

Completely loving bullshit that there are only two episodes left in this microseason, that this hasn't been renewed yet and that even in the best case scenario we will have to wait 1-2 years for new stuff. There are like 57 bland, almost identical superhero comic shows airing right now and we can't even have this one little pumpkin snake show :argh:

is it not 8 episodes?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CODChimera posted:

is it not 8 episodes?

It is indeed 8 episodes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gonz posted:

It is indeed 8 episodes.

praise sol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CODChimera posted:

praise sol

Praise Sol. He shines his wisdom and his mercy upon us all.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
milksnake mommy and the overclocked dad protocols will live forever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

praise sol

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

It's patently obvious that Campion and Acid Merman = Cain and Abel. Rock to the head and everything.

I'm not sure if I'm joking or serious there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
also of note is the reference to the well known biblical fable of the young boy who turned his back on God and so was turned into a giant turd.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

boo boo bear posted:

milksnake mommy and the overclocked dad protocols

excellent band name

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
God Sol, I loving love this show. Inject your milky nonsense into my veins, Ridley, I am here for it.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Every time I think an episode of this show isnt going to make me say "What in the gently caress?" every 10 minutes, I am proven wrong immediately.

It is by far one of the most intriguingly bizarre TV shows I have ever seen and I god drat love it.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you arent Rid pilled why are you even here?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

One of the reason I like this show is its unpredictable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The acid merman was loving out of nowhere and I am here for it. I dont wanna understand anything. I am just here for the ride.

Oh, the eyes didn't get digested after how many weeks? Ok, makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

The acid merman was loving out of nowhere and I am here for it. I dont wanna understand anything. I am just here for the ride.

Oh, the eyes didn't get digested after how many weeks? Ok, makes sense.

Yeah, shouldn't he have poo poo them out weeks ago? Does he clean the poo poo off and swallow them again? Are we going to get a Christopher Walken Pulp Fiction style monologs about having to keep these uncomfortable hunks of metal up his rear end?