Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Rhonne posted:

Low level trust system is still the biggest thing for me, I'm really excited to see what kind of npc allies we get for those dungeons.

It seriously blows my mind that this is something they're implementing. By the time 7.0 drops you'll be able to go through every instanced dungeon with trusts. Just absolutely incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vermain posted:

it's probably ultra low on the priority list right now, down with blue mage updates

The lack of ShB Blue Mage fills me with despair.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
if you put the twin's mom in 2b boots the game should just delete your hard drive

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, is there a way I could get a largely DRM-free version of the Endwalker soundtrack when it comes out? Mainly asking so I can use actual quality versions of its music in the background of videos, right now rips of basically any song that isn't Radz-at-Han's theme is at best spotty.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Those poor twins.

https://twitter.com/finowlly/status/1494888748219133957?t=Kc8-rbP-30yqXqjX0Zckkg&s=19

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It occurs to me that low-level Trust dungeons also means that you're less likely to get the Toto-Rak roulette.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cleretic posted:

So, is there a way I could get a largely DRM-free version of the Endwalker soundtrack when it comes out? Mainly asking so I can use actual quality versions of its music in the background of videos, right now rips of basically any song that isn't Radz-at-Han's theme is at best spotty.

The official blu rays have always just had a zip file will all the tracks as mp3.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Who gives a loving poo poo about old and busted Hildabrand, I got important poo poo to do with Tataru

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm fairly certain the soundtrack is just gonna have, like, mp3s or whatever

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Who gives a loving poo poo about old and busted Hildabrand, I got important poo poo to do with Tataru

High res Hildibrand faces are going to be amazing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The official blu rays have always just had a zip file will all the tracks as mp3.

Well, that's disappointing, the S-E store's shipping to Australia has never really been a thing, and even if it was I don't have a blu ray drive.

Time to keep praying for Mekkah Dee's return, I guess.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

King of Solomon posted:

It seriously blows my mind that this is something they're implementing. By the time 7.0 drops you'll be able to go through every instanced dungeon with trusts. Just absolutely incredible.

I'm actually not too surprised. Ever since they first announced it for ShB they kept saying they wanted to backport it to previous content, but that they couldn't guarantee anything.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The lack of ShB Blue Mage fills me with despair.

Didn't they say something about it being worked on, and that even though it wasn't in the slides that didn't mean it wasn't coming? I got distracted by a cat when that came up, so I may have missed something.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Seems like this will be a pretty lukewarm expansion cycle.

Moofia Boss Val posted:

A king is invested in the fate of his country. It is in his selfinterest to ensure the wellbeing and prosperity of his people and his land. The king cannot easily walk away from his kingdom when things go south; his fate is anchored to it. If his people revolt or his kingdom is invaded, he and his family will most likely die. The king is extremely motivated to act in the best interests of his kingdom.

Elected officials in a democracy, however, are not invested in the fate of their country. They do not own the land or the people, nor are they at personal risk if things go south. The worst thing that can happen to an elected official is that they don't win reelection. As such, elected officials tend to not act in the best interests of their country, but for personal gain. They will take bribes/lobbying money or pay back favors by voting to do things that are counter to the wellbeing of the people and the country.

Furthermore, kings are highly visible public figures. They cannot act as a tyrant, or else they won't be king for very long. Pop culture likes to depict evil kings a lot, but in history most evil kings who fell in line were quickly punished and regined in by the aristocracy, and if not... they were overthrown and killed, and replaced by someone else who doesn't antagonize the populace. Whereas democracy as an institution exists to hide who the real decision makers are (usually wealthy unelected officials who are bribing the elected officials to work for them). People in feudal kingdoms were often more free than people in modern democratic societies, but I digress.

Ala Mhigo had a bad king, and as what usually happens in history, he was overthrown rather quickly. The only notable damage he managed to accomplish was sneak attacking an order of monks and wiping them out, before the rest of the country promptly took up arms and shut down the king. I find it most incredulous, however, that there were apparently no survivors of the royal family whatsoever. Ala Mhigo must've had some pretty awful bookkeeping of the royal family's heritage for no one to be able to figure out who was the next one in the line of succession, be they a cousin five times removed or whatever. Even that couldn't be found, there surely had to be some popular aristocrats who would have been nominated to start the next dynasty. Even if all of the aristocratic families had somehow died out, they could have just grabbed some popular local community leader and made him one too.

Then again, the Ala Mhigo storyline in Stormblood is quite poorly written. We're talking about Conrad's resistance group - said to be the largest of the many different resistance groups - apparently didn't even have a successor they planned to restore the throne, let alone an idea for what kind of government they would establish. Conrad also brought up that there were multiple factions in the Resistance with different ideas for what Ala Mhigo's government should be, but we never see them and that conflict is never brought up again (would have been great patch story material, but alas).

Could have been made by a good willed Amaurotine like Azem or Venat, but once the founders died out the society could have easily derailed as the following generations had slightly different ideas from their predecessors, until by today modern Sharalayn ideology is unrecognizable from whatever it was originally like.

Going by how it seems that Sharlayan is somehow involved in the creation and working of the towers, I suspect that the Forum is in collusion with Fandaniel and Zenos.

https://twitter.com/chocoboof/status/1396233293708763136

I think that (5.55) dad saw which way the wind was blowing in the Forum, but disagrees with the rest of the Forum (who voted unanimously to reject Eorzea's call for aid). So to maintain appearances, he voted to agree with the plan. That means he won't have to resign or be imprisoned... or possibly killed. He still has some power. I'm guessing he's going to try to work from behind the scenes to stop whatever is happening. He may have cut ties with his kids in order to keep them from being targetted by the Forum if they ever discover he is actually working against them. We know from the Astrologian storyline that the Forum is quite ruthless when comes to dealing with perceived traitors.

He was there as the Eastern Alliance's representative so the two continental alliances can coordinate with each other.

G'raha Tia was the useless guy in the room. He didn't have a single line at the meeting. Then again, G'raha Tia and Alphinaud are constantly fighting for screentime whenever they are in the same scene together. Whenever Alphinaud is the lead speaker, G'raha Tia has nothing to say, and vice versa.

KoB
May 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea I dig this vibe for LLs, nothing huge revealed in super detail (lots of cool broadstrokes stuff) but just lots of nice information from relaxed sounding devs getting us hype for what's coming.

Yeah I hope these become a regular thing post-expansion. Just a "heres some things we're committing to and the general direction we're taking things in"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cleretic posted:

Well, that's disappointing, the S-E store's shipping to Australia has never really been a thing, and even if it was I don't have a blu ray drive.

Time to keep praying for Mekkah Dee's return, I guess.

The Shadowbringers soundtrack is definitely on other storefronts too, at least. You might have luck there.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

:sweatdrop:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

oh my god lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Augus posted:

oh my god lmao

I warned you guys!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I see, I have a new person to blame for the puns.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1494895717864906754?s=20&t=YyBGT3ssuo9LxGEkaLQRGw

Koji's reign of terror is at an end

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Koji Kate has to be stopped!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Koji is 100% on XVI, he has to be

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

koji working on 16 it sounds like

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Watch the name of the first 6.1 quest be the most heinous pun yet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King of the Hill references

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
What's the biggest thing Twitter is talking about regarding the PLL, aside from YoshiP?

Cape Westwind.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pouring out one for Westwind:

https://youtu.be/y_PrZ-J7D3k

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/ThatWolfWizard/status/1494872658135109640?t=8GzgUUuF5AtgWveR5mW1mg&s=19

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
trailers confirmed by yoship to be separate continuity from the actual game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
the cooler daniel yearbook meme is canon in ffxiv

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Q: I wanted to harvest some Thavnairian onions in Thavnair. Where are they keeping them?

A: These onions have surpassing effects on chocobo feed and have a unique effect on cultivar. They are probably only available in a small area of Thavnair.

Gimme the drat onions squeenix

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm unreasonably excited about the grass update. Supersampling and Gshade have my game looking pretty good but I can't escape Girdania's Playstation 2 looking foliage.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

a kitten posted:

Gimme the drat onions squeenix

I specifically really liked that he brought up a real-world example of an extremely specific cabbage.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
did they talk at all about what Criterion actually is?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

nothing beyond it being a 1-4 player dungeon

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Countblanc posted:

1-4 player dungeons with variable difficulty as far as I heard. We'll have at least 3 of them by 6.5.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Countblanc posted:

It's not Deep Dungeon, will scale to the party count, and we're gonna get 3 of them.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Not really. Just that it's some kind of dungeon with scaling difficulty for 1-4 players. There will be a second and third dungeon added in one of the later 6.X patches.

It's not a Deep Dungeon, since that was called out separately.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
My guess is that it, and maybe the Deep Dungeon, will be the primary tie-in for this expansion's relic, but that's based on absolutely zero evidence aside from there being nothing like Bozja and Eureka announced yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

speculation I'd seen that I like is that it's this game's take on hades heat/contingency contract/whatever other games with difficulty mods are out there