Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

someone should tell him you can make a phone app instead of launching a $200 bespoke device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He was on tidal before that failed. He's trying to leverage his brand plus the new technology to shake things up. The tech itself is interesting. Ye's always been a producer first and a rapper second, and giving an easy way for people to gently caress around with his tracks is understandable.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

Gaius Marius posted:

He was on tidal before that failed. He's trying to leverage his brand plus the new technology to shake things up. The tech itself is interesting. Ye's always been a producer first and a rapper second, and giving an expensive way for people to gently caress around with his tracks is understandable.

ftfy. How many other artists are going to be on this Stem Player too? Or will it just be Kanye-land with some D list artists?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
IIRC you can stream the album for free from the stem player website

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022

christmas boots posted:

IIRC you can stream the album for free from the stem player website

Whats the point of that?? They want people to buy the drat thing just to listen to this album, why would it be available free on the website? Or is that not common knowledge yet?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

He's done this before too apparently, when The Life of Pablo came out, he said that it would only be available through Jay Z's Tidal streaming thing, 'in perpetuity'. And two months later, it was out on other streaming sites anyway.

And wasn't the album initially kinda hosed up, sound quality-wise? I feel like that was the case, as it gave us this classic:

Wolves was the name of one of the songs.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not really ye is just obsessed with loving with poo poo until it's perfect. There's like five different versions of Pablo and he was straight up patching Donda after release.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Whats the point of that?? They want people to buy the drat thing just to listen to this album, why would it be available free on the website? Or is that not common knowledge yet?

Idk I think he's just shilling a separate semi-related thing and isn't good at communicating that. Or I have misunderstood

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

christmas boots posted:

Idk I think he's just shilling a separate semi-related thing and isn't good at communicating that. Or I have misunderstood

I think you've misunderstood. Every article says you'll need his $200 player to get the album.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/18/kanye-says-donda-2-will-boycott-streaming-platforms-require-200-stem-player/

https://pitchfork.com/news/kanye-west-says-new-album-donda-2-wont-stream-will-only-be-available-on-his-stem-player/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10526603/Kanye-West-reveals-new-Donda-2-album-NOT-available-streaming-services.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-donda-2-stem-player-b2017934.html

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Probably the opposite; everyone keeps seeing these pro-smalltime-musician streaming services failing almost out the gate, so the music industry laughs at their little attempts to change how the industry works, and continues along as it always has.

the history of the music industry is from start to finish defined by the companies in charge shooting themselves in the foot with horrendous exploitation and then getting caught flat footed by exogenous changes encouraged by their heavy handedness. spotify entrenched itself by buying up extensive back catalogues from pre internet contracts, the terrible payment structure offers basically no incentive for any new artists to sign up. hard to see them not being forced to change long term.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gaius Marius posted:

Not really ye is just obsessed with loving with poo poo until it's perfect. There's like five different versions of Pablo and he was straight up patching Donda after release.

Could a record be so bad that God himself couldn't make it perfect? Yes, that record is Donda.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Donda slaps fool
Ye da 🐐 no 🧢

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Ye da 🐐 no 🧢

Hat's the wrong color.

:haw:

Watch the Throne remains one of my all-time favorite hip-hop albums, for the record.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

BMan posted:

someone should tell him you can make a phone app instead of launching a $200 bespoke device

Yeah, the extremely expensive physical device completely undercuts any possible point he could be making here. There are so many other ways to accomplish basically the same thing. Could still do the physical device as limited edition merch, of course.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
He is surrounded by too many Yes men who encourage him to set his money on fire. Look at his Yeezy clothing brand, ugliest things ever, but those Yes men keep pumping him up that he's some kind of Elon Musk of the music world, meant to force change and disruption in the industry, and keep signing paychecks as long as the money rolls in.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Ye's men are Yes Men?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeezys are just behind air Jordans in that segment of the market. His fashion work has done extremely good numbers. This narrative that Ye is surrounded by yes men who are rubber-stamping bad ideas is nonsense

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
You're right, he's rubber stamping it all himself. That's the problem. Its no wonder the numbers are good with teenagers with bad fashion sense.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeezys are just behind air Jordans in that segment of the market. His fashion work has done extremely good numbers. This narrative that Ye is surrounded by yes men who are rubber-stamping bad ideas is nonsense

Things can be "bad" and also popular, for example Donald John Trump was elected president of the united states of america

Admittedly from a purely capitalistic perspective, selling well means it's a good product (if it's profitable obviously) but it can still be stupid garbage for idiots and meet those criteria

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

You're right, he's rubber stamping it all himself. That's the problem. Its no wonder the numbers are good with teenagers with bad fashion sense.

The Bloop posted:

Things can be "bad" and also popular, for example Donald John Trump was elected president of the united states of america

Admittedly from a purely capitalistic perspective, selling well means it's a good product (if it's profitable obviously) but it can still be stupid garbage for idiots and meet those criteria

Jealousy is what you guys are feeling. Glad to help

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Bloop posted:

So popular he lost twice!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gaius Marius posted:

Somewhat of him being a gazillionaire

not of wearing intentionally ugly clothes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Get rid of Ye's electoral college money.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

fashion

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

BMan posted:

fashion

Wait, is there a new season of Westworld out that i missed??

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BMan posted:

fashion

loving Kanye Westworld

poo poo EFB

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BMan posted:

fashion

My evaluation was based on the thumbnail, and though not 100% accurate, I’m sticking with it:

Concentration camp chic

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I think I’d lot of people are jealous of Kanye’s success, just you know his musical ones

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah. You're a moron if you say he has zero musical talent, he clearly does and has had for a long time.

But also lol if you think those ugly-rear end clothes are selling for reasons other than his name being attached.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Gaius Marius posted:

So are those $300 rubber sandals comfortable at least?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

props to the yes men rubber stampers around kanye for being good at their jobs

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

BMan posted:

fashion

i'd wear his outfit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stexils posted:

props to the yes men rubber stampers around kanye for being good at their jobs

I mean how could you be bad at that job

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

mactheknife posted:

i'd wear his outfit

The "I already got home, settled in, and changed into my PJs, but just remembered I needed to grab a bottle of wine from the corner store" fit.

What do you mean "That's very specific"? :colbert:

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Tidal is failed? I've been using it recently because I'm annoyed with Spotify, and while the free version is pretty limited, it also only has ads for Tidal premium, which are pretty tolerable. It also introduced me to We Were Promised Jetpacks, who are extremely good.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
God gently caress yes I love goons trying to talk about Kanye

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

You better tuck your chain talking like that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

He sucks a big hunk of dirty rear end

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Literally the greatest artist of the 21st century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i havent listened to any of his music except the one song that was a theme song of a videogame level in Saints Row Three (that one was pretty good)