Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Did they mention if it’s also going to be 81-90?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Macaluso posted:

Who gives a loving poo poo about old and busted Hildabrand, I got important poo poo to do with Tataru Ameliance.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

You can tell it was a good narrative because Moofia was absolutely wrong on every prediction so it was a sensical plot told well.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/shinimomi/status/1494789588363059201

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Glamour Dresser is getting bigger in 6.x

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1494917840255729665?t=ZQa998SwQvLFQ9yBchycBg&s=19

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 19, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They're still in the design phase for female Hrothgar but they are still working on them and their projected popularity (or lack thereof) as a player race is not a concern for "will they actually waste resources on this?"

That said, they ARE still the LAST playable race being added to the game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
laughing at everyone in chat asking about playable garleans

hey guys...have you played final fantasy fourteen???

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Next live letter covering 6.1 is gonna be early morning for the US. 3:00 AM PST, 11:00 AM GMT
Edit: Oh, right March 4th.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 19, 2022

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

there's already playable Garleans.
it's called: fantasia to elezen, get a mod that gives them normal ears and a forehead thing.
only you can see it because only you are a Secret Garlean

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Hogama posted:

Next live letter covering 6.1 is gonna be early morning for the US. 3:00 AM PST, 11:00 AM GMT

is there a way to set a youtube stream as an alarm?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Yoshi-P's explanation for how he became a permanent employee is very good.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hogama posted:

They're still in the design phase for female Hrothgar but they are still working on them and their projected popularity (or lack thereof) as a player race is not a concern for "will they actually waste resources on this?"

That said, they ARE still the LAST playable race being added to the game.

pounding my fists on my desk, demanding to see the concept arts

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Legit would have been helpful as a newbie to get some chatspam about other aoes lol. I know people mention how much the dragoon tether freaked people out (rip) but for months i kept on avoiding ninja's doton lol

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
what's all the performance updates going to mean for general performance on consoles? I play the ps4 version because the framerate is a little better than the PS5 version

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'd wish I could be happy about the graphical updates, but given my PC is slightly struggling to run the game already and how the market for PCs is I hope it's an optional setting. True, there's over a year until 7.0 comes out, but still...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Zeruel posted:

what's all the performance updates going to mean for general performance on consoles? I play the ps4 version because the framerate is a little better than the PS5 version
I think he was talking about how consoles don't really have graphical tweaks the way PC does but they were thinking of something like allowing an option for the improved visuals on PS4 at the cost of framerate? Someone else might remember that bit more clearly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Hogama posted:

I think he was talking about how consoles don't really have graphical tweaks the way PC does but they were thinking of something like allowing an option for the improved visuals on PS4 at the cost of framerate? Someone else might remember that bit more clearly.

They mentioned that they're both going to have some toggles like those mentioned, but also they're planning a focus on optimizing the PS4 version better as well.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Legit would have been helpful as a newbie to get some chatspam about other aoes lol. I know people mention how much the dragoon tether freaked people out (rip) but for months i kept on avoiding ninja's doton lol

I forget if they post in this thread or not but that's a macro from a goon in the Please Be Careful FC so it's extra funny whenever I see it in the wild.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

meteor9 posted:

They mentioned that they're both going to have some toggles like those mentioned, but also they're planning a focus on optimizing the PS4 version better as well.

Ah, cool. I absolutely don't mind playing with potato graphics until computer prices go down so it's fine then if it's a graphical option.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Onean posted:

My guess is that it, and maybe the Deep Dungeon, will be the primary tie-in for this expansion's relic, but that's based on absolutely zero evidence aside from there being nothing like Bozja and Eureka announced yet.

Since they've announced the 1-4 player dungeons, the deep dungeon and island sanctuary I'm starting to think there's not gonna be a Bozja 2.0. :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

As a PS4 player with no immediate plans to upgrade, I'm all for being able to lower my graphics for better framerate, cuz Limsa really does chug.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/EpicUrianger/status/1494882919537463296

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Made this due to the Live Letter.

Outside of that, I'm legit glad that they're doing Trusts for the base game and the previous expansions and while I do miss the rewards for doing them, I'm glad that the last two dungeons are going to be changed. Alot of people would definitely enjoy seeing the dungeons at their own pace than being dragged around by people who want the EXP and Tomestones. It doesn't happen too often but it does happen now and then and not just at the Main Scenario Dungeons.

I probably should go and do the Valentiones' event and get all the stuff there before it's over.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'hey twins remember when were in the other world and I helped those dwarfs with that cute android lady?'

'put the coffer down and leave our estate you degenerate'

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/Texanona/status/1494880180288032768?s=20&t=ZvMX4xPeDD_pclYWe9j_aw

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh thank goodness, more glamour dresser slots.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

They say how many more? I’m already a hair over 300, and I’ve still got a half dozen jobs I haven’t even unlocked yet

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Pigbuster posted:

I forget if they post in this thread or not but that's a macro from a goon in the Please Be Careful FC so it's extra funny whenever I see it in the wild.
Lice Cream is in DGKK. He also fixed the macro because someone corrected the % line

https://twitter.com/Ferrinus/status/1486455868786987012

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
One more BLU mage level to go, wooo.

If you're doing it solo I highly recommend beast tribes and daily hunts in between spell acquiring.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I finished up one of the role quests, and seeing the new sheathing animation makes me wonder if that'll be one of the things they change in the graphics pass, since animations were one of the things they mentioned but didn't talk about. I hope so, I really like the new ones and would like to see more of them, even if it's only in cutscenes earlier than EW.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

stev posted:

Since they've announced the 1-4 player dungeons, the deep dungeon and island sanctuary I'm starting to think there's not gonna be a Bozja 2.0. :(

I'm a little bummed about this too, but if it's anything like deep dungeon they're probably burnt out on ideas for what Euthreeka should be, and so them taking an expansion off of it to focus on other content I'm fine with. Very excited to learn what Criterion is actually about, but if it's good then this expac is looking to be a set of God patches for low man/light party content.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

It's even funnier in motion https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1494921047291809794?s=12

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Onean posted:

I finished up one of the role quests, and seeing the new sheathing animation makes me wonder if that'll be one of the things they change in the graphics pass, since animations were one of the things they mentioned but didn't talk about. I hope so, I really like the new ones and would like to see more of them, even if it's only in cutscenes earlier than EW.

One thing I'd really like - which may not be possible - is better smoothing between certain animations so that you get less of that MCH seizure dance during Hypercharge. I think it might help out certain jobs like DRK where the visual impact of a lot of your actions get cut down by animation overlap.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

iPodschun posted:

Lice Cream is in DGKK. He also fixed the macro because someone corrected the % line

https://twitter.com/Ferrinus/status/1486455868786987012

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dunno why they hang around here, considering we're worse than 4chan and all.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Veotax posted:

Lmao

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Veotax posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Veotax posted:

I was zoomed in on my phone to read the text and asked myself "What, is this Moofia or something" and then I looked on the left.