Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's been long enough since the ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CJxpU98g6k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Yeah, Pangina won this match.

Also, I loved Jonathan Bailey in this episode. He looked absolutely delighted to be there and was loving every second. He's such a dreamboat.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
drat, that was a great episode.

Lady Camden, this is how you become a star. Condragulations!

I didn't understand Michelle's criticism of Willow doing a Moira Rose voice. I thought it was great! These queens imitate classic female roles all the time. Is it because it was too recent?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

drat, that was a great episode.

Lady Camden, this is how you become a star. Condragulations!

I didn't understand Michelle's criticism of Willow doing a Moira Rose voice. I thought it was great! These queens imitate classic female roles all the time. Is it because it was too recent?

Basically, yes. If the performance is one that Ru and Michelle have loved forever, then it’s perfectly fine or expected to reference and replicate it. If it’s not then it’s bad or copying. You have to play to the references Michelle and Ru love.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
A certain moment on the runway, I basically went :magical: to :allears: irl and held that pose for a full minute after

Rock M Sakura is quaking about this challenge

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This was an amazing episode. I was wondering what they'd do to offset Kornbread leaving. The fart jokes I can take or leave, but I can understand thinking playing it straight could've felt a bit flat.

I thought Bosco should've been in the Top 2 over Daya, but Camden definitely won the lipsync, and that runway moment is gonna be something people remember this season for. Really really happy for her!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Well that episode was a wet fart.

. :v: .

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

blizzardvizard posted:

I thought Bosco should've been in the Top 2 over Daya, but Camden definitely won the lipsync, and that runway moment is gonna be something people remember this season for. Really really happy for her!

I agree with this completely! Not the storyline they were going for with Daya though.

I know they were down a queen with Kornbread having left but I want them to get rid of more queens. The season feels kind of slow and like it's dragging now. I wouldn't mind seeing Jasmine, Deja, and Daya all sent home at once.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Such a great episode! Fun episode concept, a script twist that was RIGHT THERE and I never saw it, a great week for no eliminations, Lady Camden with the best runway walk of the last few years and killing the LSFYL... and apparently it was a good Untucked as well?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

S14: the fart effects were so stupid they looped right back around to being funny again. Also that was a reveal for the ages, for sure.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Drimble Wedge posted:

S14: the fart effects were so stupid they looped right back around to being funny again. Also that was a reveal for the ages, for sure.

Bosco had it right when she said it looped around to being so stupid that it was glorious.

Excellent episode overall, so I'm fine with the outcome. Lady Camden is really going to be a dark horse going forward and I'm all for it. Having a drawn on moustache under her moustache was genius and she ate that lipsynch.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Live reaction to THAT MOMENT:

There were gays flying EVERYWHERE

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 20, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am not sure if it looped back. It was smashed into the ground IMO and I felt like the queens were forcing their laughter in front of Ru. Wasn’t feeling it.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
If the fart joke was once per queen I think it would have worked better. Otherwise this was my favorite episode in a while.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I really just want more pangina lip syncs.

If she doesn't come back as a lip sync assassin in all stars I'll be floored.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Yeah, unpopular opinion but the fart sounds ruined what seemed to be a well-acted challenge. It's just not my sense of humour.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just enjoyed seeing everyone having a great time :kiddo:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm a dumb child who thinks farts are hilarious but I was mostly laughing at how hard Ru was laughing because he is way too old to be this into it and here we are.

Also lmao at Jasmine's concept of a southern accent being Kenneth from 30 Rock

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
My watch group broke down at TS Madison saying "She gave what she had supposed to had have been given" and I'm fully wondering why that hasn't reached the immortalized nonsense level of "she done already done had herses." It's so loving funny.

We added the face she made as an emoji in the discord, also.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just wish they'd pick a lane: UK3 and toilet humor is not funny, how dare you. Season 14, bring on the Daytona Winds!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

angerbeet posted:

I just wish they'd pick a lane: UK3 and toilet humor is not funny, how dare you. Season 14, bring on the Daytona Winds!

really they've been doing toilet humor for years and that whole UK3 thing was absolutely bizarre

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Gonna buy tickets to War On the Catwalk. I guess my punishment for saying I don't enjoy Jimbo is that she's in the next show I'll be seeing :V she's fine though, just not my bag. Worth it for Pri, Miz Cracker, Kandy, Heidi, etc.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Well, episode 4 of UK vs. The World certainly was an episode.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

gently caress!!
I can’t say it was the wrong choice for Blu, but I really wanted Pangina to take the season.
I wish they wouldn’t gently caress with Snatch Game’s format so much. I don’t think any of the variants work as well as the Match game format.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Why the gently caress would they leave the mic on after the elimination, that's so hosed up.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
Jesus Christ. That was a painful UK.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think the UK vs season has really hilighted the problem with having the queen's eliminate each other. Of course its always been an issue but I don't think any other season had the clear frontrunners eliminated in succession. It also sucks that whoever does the eliminating is gonna get dog piled with hate from the rabbid fan base. We already saw Pangina get a lot of hate after she eliminated Jimbo.

At least with LSFYL the queen's have a chance to prove themselves. In all stars if you're in the bottom you're hosed.

I don't dislike any of the remaining queen's (hell I love most of them) but i fear it's all downhill from here.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

What’s been pissing me off about UK is the judges putting queens in the bottom that arguably shouldn’t be and then being devastated that they get sent home. These are the rules, the queens are just playing by them. I hope Blu and Pangina are alright, that really felt like the producers going for the jugular there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I feel like while it stings now seeing Pangina go home, things are only going to get better for her.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Me: This “let’s chat with the bottom queens and consider track records” poo poo that was started on Allstars 2 is getting old and crusty, it’s time to get bold and strategic.

Also me: Oh no, not like this. Oh my god no. No, no no. …but her track record… gently caress.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Can I also add that the drama of it all was shocking. Like as a human seeing other humans experiencing that it’s harrowing. As a viewer, there is something truly shocking and compelling. Like I had a feeling this was going to happen sooner or later because you’d be stupid to keep Pangina in the competition.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I think its really hosed up when your competition systematically eliminates the obvious front runners first.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think it brings up the issues of this elimination style in a talent based competition. In Survivor, for example, it doesn’t have a talent based component to determine who is good or bad. You really have only the social game to determine who stays and goes. In comparison, the main component of Drag Race has been the challenges that throws a wrench in the proceedings.

At the same time, All Stars 2 is probably one of the best seasons of drag race ever and it’s probably because of its success that this format has continued to this day.

Also, the prize is not the biggest thing in the world.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Blu is going to have to deactivate their twitter right?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

WE RIOT

punishedkissinger posted:

Blu is going to have to deactivate their twitter right?

I feel for them, they're great, I hope they weather this well.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Read After Burning posted:

Why the gently caress would they leave the mic on after the elimination, that's so hosed up.

Yeah that was rough to watch. Sheesh

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

A God drat Ghost posted:

Yeah that was rough to watch. Sheesh

They've done it before with other contestants (Rock M Sakura is the main one I remember, but I may be forgetting some) and it pisses me off every time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the show is kinda a bummer

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I had this spoiled by someone last week after the Jimbo exit on Facebook.

Someone was like, oh just wait it's not all bad!! And now that it's confirmed - I am done with this Uk vs the World. gently caress it. Like, if Blu gets eliminated now there's no reason to watch. Garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
When I saw the number of unread comments here in just the span of a couple of hours, I knew something devastating had happened.

Devastated at the Pangina elimination. Blu was definitely eliminating her because of the threat that she was. She wasn't great, but Janey did the worst in the Snatch Game. Pangina is a star, and I'm glad that more people got exposed to her.

This is also of course why I dislike All Star Rules. Eliminating a front runner the first time they land in the bottom is wrong. Also, given that 4 people were in the "bottom" tonight, it was simply exhausting to watch them plea their cases. Completely took the wind out of the sails of what was a great episode until that point. I was dying laughing at Juju's banter with Ru at the start of the Snatch Game.

With Jimbo and Pangina gone, I think the only person I'm rooting for at this point is Juju, but something tells me that isn't going to happen.

Fingers crossed that the changed rules for the upcoming All Stars 7 brings positive results.