Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

redbrouw posted:

You didn't go to occupy, did you?
i went down to the encampment at st. james a few times. that's never going to happen again.

they did manage 39-days though, nearly double the freedom convoy

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
relatedly i hate the dumb poo poo “satire” these days because it’s not good

this got picked up by a load so of course i made the mistake of passing it along. gently caress y’all for being so quick before i almost instantly edited it lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I saw your edit as soon as the page reloaded after posting my reply lol

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

infernal machines posted:

i went down to the encampment at st. james a few times. that's never going to happen again.

they did manage 39-days though, nearly double the freedom convoy

Yes, they did.

BLM To camped at the police headquarters for about 3 weeks in 2016. Idle No More also maintained a tent in front of old city hall for 20 weeks straight through 2013.

It's just that occupation is not a fruitful tactic in cities, especially in the cold.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
then i stand corrected. i didn't know of the idle no more encampment at all. i do vaguely remember the blmto one at tps headquarters, but i thought that was a few people in sleeping bags for some reason, not an established camp

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's probably a bit optimistic to think that today the police response wouldn't be more violent and brutal.

I mean especially after we wasted all those pages arguing about emergency measures.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Are you saying it was too brutal or not brutal enough?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Are you saying it was too brutal or not brutal enough?

just brutal enough for Goldilocks to take it on the chin

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
There was also another indigenous setup near St. Clair station that may have been Idle No More, certainly it was focused on the lack of clean drinking water on reserves. I'd put together some food every so often for them and my wife would drop it off on her way to work.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i walked by that one a lot before it got taken down for the ongoing construction, i had also forgotten about it until you mentioned it just now

i rescind my statement, you can set up a tent wherever you like, and probably no one will do anything at all to you. unless it's a city park and the mayor has decided that it won't look quite so bad when the police force you out because it's the middle of summer

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

how long did the Portland Autonomous Zone last?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

i walked by that one a lot before it got taken down for the ongoing construction, i had also forgotten about it until you mentioned it just now

i rescind my statement, you can set up a tent wherever you like, and probably no one will do anything at all to you. unless it's a city park and the mayor has decided that it won't look quite so bad when the police force you out because it's the middle of summer

oh I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I think a lot of planning goes into most encampments where they try to be visible but not too disruptive so they don't get cleared out immediately.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
despite the rampant fascism the convoy hadn’t murdered any minority children yet

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
There are minorities in Ottawa?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Dreylad posted:

oh I wasn't trying to disagree with you. I think a lot of planning goes into most encampments where they try to be visible but not too disruptive so they don't get cleared out immediately.

I mean, the thing with every other encampment protest (ie the ones more left-aligned or with a social justice goal) is that they weren't blocking major roadways, terrorizing the neighbourhood with 24/7 train horns, assaulting random passers-by, or forcing totally unrelated businesses to close.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
When there were discussions with the BIA about St James, the reps were so nice to them. There were a few times that drums became a problem with the cops, but i think the St Louis wings was pretty glad to have us there. The vegan menu was a little exasperating.

Marches would start and stop at the preagreed upon points.

I think the biggest drama related to actual protest things was really when those two crustpunks demanded over the course of a weekend that they move to Queen's park or commerce court.

The portapotties were also pretty vile.

But nothing at all like what Ottawa experienced.

And in the end It doesn't even matter, the pull down of the camp was very blase as well.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/angelacwebb/status/1494902617947922440

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Bleck posted:

There are minorities in Ottawa?

liberal minorities, anyways

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Quebec seems cool as gently caress, I could get down with a hypernationalist french state.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Quebec seems cool as gently caress, I could get down with a hypernationalist french state.

brown people would probably disagree with you

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

just woke up. did they all shake hands and agree to pick it back up at 7am this morning or are they going to let them sleep in?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thunderspanks posted:

oh my god did he seriously just say that

I imagine his voice being like one of those Simpsons Mayor Quimby speeches

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Asproigerosis posted:

nationalism sucks even when their ire is currently focused on a group you don’t like

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/CdnFreethinker/status/1494820551042514944

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Not to mention dancing topless in the snow then in the dead of winter and blaming the police for attacking them with microwave weapons when the hypothermia starts kicking in.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
it's -25C and a blizzard today in rural MB, bring the microwave weapons on by and have at 'er.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
can they use the microwave weapons on the snow and ice built up on the parking garage ramp of my condo building? because I can't get out of here. this is trudeau's fault somehow isn't it?!

e: just saw someone slide backwards and sideways down the ramp. gently caress trudeau!!!

Cold on a Cob has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Feb 19, 2022

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I have checkpoints on all the roads around me and nothing has been plowed so I guess I’m stuck until …?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Frosted Flake posted:

I have checkpoints on all the roads around me and nothing has been plowed so I guess I’m stuck until …?

until the MANDATES ARE ENDED and FREEDOM something something

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

congratulations, you are finally free

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
things are heating up on the ground, watching MSM (cbc) and MSM (mccheese streaming media) rn

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1495041862259912712

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Very passive aggressive cop posting.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
every day you thought OPS couldn't descend to a new level of bullshit

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
you brought this on yourself, i scream as i crack open your skull with a baton

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

trying to avoid getting kicked in the head by a horse is a clubbable offence

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
I loving knew this is where we would end up when they didn’t clear out after Wednesday the first week.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
theyre probably just going to kettle them and start arresting people, but everything has been dumb lately so who knows

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
There's nothing cops hate more than being forced to actually do their jobs, hasn't stopped them taking it out on chuds when there's no one else around before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022