Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Seems they cleared the War Memorial off down to Sparks, not sure exactly where the eastern line is set yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Futanari Damacy posted:

They had 3 weeks to leave lol. All that's left are white nationalist insurrectionists. One might even ask, "what the gently caress were these people doing here?"

The mandates were already in motion to go away forever before they got there, and they're not set by the Canadian federal government anyway. The only labourers in this dispute work FOR the assholes protesting, and are the ones making all of the deliveries to the point where one wonders what these people actually do all day.

:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::corsair:

It's that same video game logic that was on display during the Jan 6th insurrection: if we get to a critical point and hold it long enough, something good will magically happen. Either the lizard people will shed their human skins and reveal their secret adrenochrome distillation tanks, or Trudeau will just deamaterialize, his evil having been exposed to all.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Horses are back!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They haven’t even been fighting the cops, they had 3 weeks to barricade, tear up the pavement, whatever, and they haven’t.

It’s dumb, but not an insurrection.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Police are west of Elgin, riot line is now set on Sparks St Mall at D'Arcy McGees, massing main line on Wellington for a push through the core encampment.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

oh and yay first shirtless knucklehead arrested a bit earlier :toot:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They’ve really given way if they let themselves get pushed that far back

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Frosted Flake posted:

They haven’t even been fighting the cops, they had 3 weeks to barricade, tear up the pavement, whatever, and they haven’t.

It’s dumb, but not an insurrection.

it’s a very dumb insurrection

I mean they are calling to dissolve government. They just believe their magical thinking will make them win.

but even in the face of an advancing police line they aren’t leaving!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Chud stream

https://m.twitch.tv/brantforliberty

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
like for real this is like the caricature of hippy protestors standing down troops.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
mccheese is getting good streams right in the thick of it

https://twitch.tv/themayor_mccheese

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
There's gas.

Edit maybe not

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

i think its just smoke cause no one was coughing or yelling

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's not. they keep claiming they're getting gassed, then just standing around in the smoke.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

also none of the cops are wearing gas masks

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Frosted Flake posted:

They’ve really given way if they let themselves get pushed that far back

They just pushed through to Metcalfe to Sparks, center melted

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Protestors are deploying smoke lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
where there's smoke, there's FIRE

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
protest drinking game - every time they sing o canada, take a drink

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://twitter.com/MOHAWKEMOTIONS/status/1494713603546664966?s=20&t=E6Ih40jAdZD49GD58CKfqA

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cold on a Cob posted:

protest drinking game - every time they sing o canada, take a drink

Already drunk

New cop line on the west on Wellington at O'Connor. Protesters getting squeezed

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

vyelkin posted:

buncha people soon to be independent of their finances, sure, but nobody would say this occupation is retiring early

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
How long has evan soloman been there for? Dude seems like he's ready to collapse.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Look, anyone who thinks that the cops coming up with whatever rules or justifications to finally get around to clearing out the chuds is some kind of step towards stricter control or will have some kind of effect on an actual working class revolution is still just working from a liberal mindset.

If you threaten the ruling class they will respond with violence, that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if they have a piece of paper saying it's okay or not, they'll just justify it later like they always do. The chuds made it this far with zero organization because the cops were literally on their side.

Standing around in the streets is never going to accomplish something worthwhile, and if you're not organized then you're just a dumbass anarchist who might burn down a cop shop and murder a couple black teenagers, but you'll never effect lasting change without being properly organized.

e: also if your goal isn't working class revolution then you're a worthless liberal anyways and I don't care that much when your protest fails

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Look, anyone who thinks that the cops coming up with whatever rules or justifications to finally get around to clearing out the chuds is some kind of step towards stricter control or will have some kind of effect on an actual working class revolution is still just working from a liberal mindset.

If you threaten the ruling class they will respond with violence, that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if they have a piece of paper saying it's okay or not, they'll just justify it later like they always do. The chuds made it this far with zero organization because the cops were literally on their side.

Standing around in the streets is never going to accomplish something worthwhile, and if you're not organized then you're just a dumbass anarchist who might burn down a cop shop and murder a couple black teenagers, but you'll never effect lasting change without being properly organized.

e: also if your goal isn't working class revolution then you're a worthless liberal anyways and I don't care that much when your protest fails

Vote

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

This protest actually seemed very well organized. People want to deny it, but I think they have accelerated lifting of health measures. The people on the ground are clearly mostly idiots, but the way they blockaded strategic points with trucks and built encampments points to significant money and organization.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

RBC posted:

This protest actually seemed very well organized. People want to deny it, but I think they have accelerated lifting of health measures. The people on the ground are clearly mostly idiots, but the way they blockaded strategic points with trucks and built encampments points to significant money and organization.

yeah they had ex-military and police involved. bulford is one of the main organizers ffs. they did achieve some of their goals, and now the state is going to throw them under the bus. cpc will try to play both sides of the entire mandates "issue" but that won't extend to the organizers.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Dude it took them days to get around to doing anything at all, if they were organised they would have had a plan immediately.

If someone the cops didn't support came in with the same plan of action they would have been severely beaten and arrested by day two.

Organization is the process of planning for defense and progression of your movement towards your actual goals, the chuds had none of this, they just had no opposition to prevent them from slowly loving around until they made enough people mad that the cops had to actually do something.

e: also lifting the mandate is literally what the ruling class wants, this is not a goal that demands organization, it's just convenient cover for the ruling class to do what they wanted to already.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Looks like the horses are back.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

e: also lifting the mandate is literally what the ruling class wants, this is not a goal that demands organization, it's just convenient cover for the ruling class to do what they wanted to already.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. They've been fairly successful, you gotta hand it to em.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
The ruling class is almost always successful, that's what makes them the ruling class. I don't really have to hand it to them when they murder random indigeneus people or steal countless billions of dollars of productivity from the working class just because they're successful at it.

If the entirety of the Canadian police was at my beck and call I'd be able to accomplish plenty of things pretty easily, it's not that difficult to get poo poo done even you have an overwhelming private army.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

The police aren't private though, actually they are a public army controlled by elected leaders.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Lmao yeah sure

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Dude it took them days to get around to doing anything at all, if they were organised they would have had a plan immediately.

If someone the cops didn't support came in with the same plan of action they would have been severely beaten and arrested by day two.

Organization is the process of planning for defense and progression of your movement towards your actual goals, the chuds had none of this, they just had no opposition to prevent them from slowly loving around until they made enough people mad that the cops had to actually do something.

i think it's more they were let in, literally allowed to setup, and then the organizers stepped up and reorganized things better

but the more thought i give the more i go back to my "dog that caught the car" position because the organizers didn't fortify their position very well overall

Cold on a Cob has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Feb 19, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBC posted:

The police aren't private though, actually they are a public army controlled by elected leaders.

no, the knights and the clergy have different basis of power. they are seperate and neither controls the other. both need to exist to keep the peasants working though, so they coordinate

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Cops showing up in gas masks now so if any of youse live in the area you prolly want to tape any drafty windows because I can tell you from experience that getting tear gas stink out of your house sucks.

Also, lol the chuds are getting the softest kid gloves treatment I've ever seen the cops give anyone, anywhere, ever.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Tear gas isn't allowed in war as per the Geneva convention. just sayin

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Tear gas isn't allowed in war as per the Geneva convention. just sayin

as a war criminal you should know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

vyelkin posted:

Smoke grenades work by very slowly burning the powder inside, just like the CS grenades that may have started a fire in Waco.

If there’s an issue with the lot, they can start incredibly hot, intense fires. There are fires in Petawawa every summer from them lighting the dry grass. So protesters loving around with smoke grenades could also go very badly, or hilariously, depending on your point of view.

WRT CS gas being a prohibited chemical weapons: Hollow-Point bullets are prohibited, per the Hague, or tying or binding the hands of Prisoners either by custom or Geneva iirc. Try to imagine policework without those two things.

This isn’t a war, so it’s a moot point.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 17:47 on Feb 19, 2022