Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

ZZT the Fifth posted:

3% General Mastery, Store - Plasmids increase storage by 0.04%, Evolution costs decreased, Crafty - Doubles the rate at which craftsmen work and craftsmen produce 100% more product from the same amount of raw materials, Challenge Genes unlocked and achievements grant a small production bonus, and Evolve Novice.

e: Yes, I've already unified. Currently the Genesis Ship is at 28/100 pieces.

Oh you're nearly there. Just balance neutronium against nanotubes (more factory or less, see how the time left changes) and just let it sit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Sibling of TB posted:

Oh you're nearly there. Just balance neutronium against nanotubes (more factory or less, see how the time left changes) and just let it sit.

Does it get easier with more plasmid traits? This has been exhausting compared to MADs.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If I do a bioseed reset without any stars, it takes me a few hours from the previous reset, shorter if I pay full attention.

The first time I did bioseed I went through the same thing, but in evolve if you’re pushing for new stuff it usually means waiting a day or two once you’ve got the final bits queued. The script can probably help speed things up if you wanted to play that way, but I just see it like watching a show, it’ll happen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
In ngu am I supposed to find an item that goes in a "beard" slot first, or unlock the slot via exp first?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Gotcha, you're in a pretty good spot for perks IMO, with Ancients probably being the next one that would help you with your Bioseeds. If I were you I'd finish the current run (ensuring you earn at least 25 Phage to spend on the Governance upgrade because it's really handy -- might have to fiddle with some things to max out population before prestiging but should t be too hard) and then knock out some 3* MAD runs and some of the easier achievements to get your Mastery up. It doesn't seem like much, but it's a multiplicative bonus to all your other production (including crafted materials, which only get like 10% of your normal Plasmid production bonus) , and once you get it up to 10 or 20% you'll really start to notice it.

edit: and yes it definitely gets easier, that first one is just a really big push

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Brut posted:

In ngu am I supposed to find an item that goes in a "beard" slot first, or unlock the slot via exp first?

You get an item UGGs armpit hair that unlocks the beards feature and first slot

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Does it get easier with more plasmid traits? This has been exhausting compared to MADs.

If you haven't already, you should think about grabbing the automation script Here. It has a whole bunch of options and unlike AutoTrimps it can't effectively automate the game without a bunch of tinkering and personalization. Very good for dealing with the repetitive nature of a lot of the game and its resets.

You still have to babysit it pretty often early on, when pushing to new reset tiers, and during challenges but it will keep you sane.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 16, 2022

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
more progress getting enemies to moves around (every so often they'll move a random adjacent space to where they are, provided its unoccupied) and firing patterns

https://giant.gfycat.com/CoordinatedRealFlee.mp4

if these are clogging up the thread too much i'll slow my roll

something fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 16, 2022

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

more progress getting enemies to moves around (every so often they'll move a random adjacent space to where they are, provided its unoccupied) and firing patterns

I think this is really cool and I'm excited to see more.

Please speed your roll.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

something posted:

Yes, please continue to clog up this thread that gets 40 posts in a week. These are really cool to see, and they're also really cool.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Please speed your roll.

SPEED UP THIS loving ROLL 4G

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Speed up your Roll.EXE!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm finally able to idle in the final adventure zone for NGU.

I've got the gear from there to level 20 so far but it's slow going.

It feels like I'm nearing the end but with all things NGU, there's always more.

Do I still have quite a ways to go after this? I've got more than half of The End pieces.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kin posted:

I'm finally able to idle in the final adventure zone for NGU.

I've got the gear from there to level 20 so far but it's slow going.

It feels like I'm nearing the end but with all things NGU, there's always more.

Do I still have quite a ways to go after this? I've got more than half of The End pieces.

you're pretty close honestly. I think most people end up getting the qp one last so that's a good gauge of how long you have to go.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Feline Mind Meld posted:

you're pretty close honestly. I think most people end up getting the qp one last so that's a good gauge of how long you have to go.

I am definitely not most people. I just got the hacks one as third last. Next is 69 lols and then the bottom right corner. I’ve had all the items done for a couple months too, so it just depends on the order you did things.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rynoto posted:

If you haven't already, you should think about grabbing the automation script Here. It has a whole bunch of options and unlike AutoTrimps it can't effectively automate the game without a bunch of tinkering and personalization. Very good for dealing with the repetitive nature of a lot of the game and its resets.

You still have to babysit it pretty often early on, when pushing to new reset tiers, and during challenges but it will keep you sane.

Is this one of them monkeygrease scripts the kdis are talking about.

I'll probably use something like that as it seems like Evolve, like Trimps, straight up can't make progress for more than 10-15 minutes without you pushing buttons. Which isn't really how I like to engage with an idle game.

Do you unlock any in-game automation options, like Trimps, eventually or are you expected to basically always check in every 5 minutes until you die or quit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You do unlock queues for building/researching and a way to automate converting research into genes to spend, but the script vastly improves the game even if all you use it for is automating military campaigns.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Feline Mind Meld posted:

Hmm, maybe I spent too much time boosting my qp with cards as I already have that one.

The move 69 piece seems like it's gonna be the one that takes me ages. It's like a 3 hour cool down isn't it?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kin posted:

Hmm, maybe I spent too much time boosting my qp with cards as I already have that one.

The move 69 piece seems like it's gonna be the one that takes me ages. It's like a 3 hour cool down isn't it?

3600 seconds (1 hour), plus all the other time because I forget about it. So 3-6 hours is probably right.

I am very happy that the cooldown occurs even when its on idle.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jhet posted:

3600 seconds (1 hour), plus all the other time because I forget about it. So 3-6 hours is probably right.

Am I right in thinking that you basically have to give up on pp for a few days while you leave things on manual and occasionally remember to check in?

If so I might just leave it y last or something, or at least until I get all the perks.

That's the next end piece that seems like it'll take a while. I think i get maybe 100 million pp a day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jhet posted:

but not while you're offline :eng101:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kin posted:

Am I right in thinking that you basically have to give up on pp for a few days while you leave things on manual and occasionally remember to check in?

If so I might just leave it y last or something, or at least until I get all the perks.

That's the next end piece that seems like it'll take a while. I think i get maybe 100 million pp a day.

No. Itopod works normally. Just pop it on idle mode like normal and turn it off and on to hit the skill. The CD counts down while on idle and is a life saver. The hardest part is remembering to do it 69lol times.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Agent355 posted:

Is this one of them monkeygrease scripts the kdis are talking about.

I'll probably use something like that as it seems like Evolve, like Trimps, straight up can't make progress for more than 10-15 minutes without you pushing buttons. Which isn't really how I like to engage with an idle game.

Do you unlock any in-game automation options, like Trimps, eventually or are you expected to basically always check in every 5 minutes until you die or quit.

Yeah, it is. And as mentioned you do get some in-game stuff eventually with Governors being the only true in-game automation yet they're still pretty limited in functionality. A caveat that the script won't function very well while in the very early game if you just toggle everything on so unless you're going to tinker in settings for a while you should just use the in-game Queues and the simpler script functions like Tax, Power, Market, and Jobs.

In other Evolve stuff I've decided Slime Lord is far worse than even Cataclysm. :shepicide:

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 18, 2022

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jhet posted:

No. Itopod works normally. Just pop it on idle mode like normal and turn it off and on to hit the skill. The CD counts down while on idle and is a life saver. The hardest part is remembering to do it 69lol times.

Huh, you sure? Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you mean (or not paying attention to what's happening in the game).

Whenever I turn idle mode off, the countdown for move 69 seems to start counting down from 3600 seconds.

I'm toggling it on and off now and can see that it is counting down in the background, but why is it almost consistently showing 3600 seconds whenever I occasionally look into turning idle mode off.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
The 69 one took me over a month because i only got in 2 uses per day (1 in the morning and 1 before bedtime)
I had done everything else in the game at that point so i didn't have many reasons to check in regularly.
The QP one being last resource limited one sounds correct.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Yeah, it is. And as mentioned you do get some in-game stuff eventually with Governors being the only true in-game automation yet they're still pretty limited in functionality. A caveat that the script won't function very well while in the very early game if you just toggle everything on so unless you're going to tinker in settings for a while you should just use the in-game Queues and the simpler script functions like Tax, Power, Market, and Jobs.

In other Evolve stuff I've decided Slime Lord is far worse than even Cataclysm. :shepicide:

Yeah, I'm going for my first bioseed w/ the steel challenge active (because honestly it just doesn't seem that much harder than doing a regular bioseed) and haven't started doing 3* MADs yet. So I'm still very early game, I've let the script to the building because I don't check in on the game more than every 60-90 minutes and even suboptimal play i sgoing to be better than just not touching buttons for that long, but I've had to use the queue to override the script sometimes. It just doesn't like to make certain buildings.

I'm assumign it's very much like the Trimps script, in that once you get to a certain point the default options are actually pretty optimal, but before that point there are some very bad optimizations there.

In Trimps I got real good at playing around in the script options themselves to optimize stuff, but I'm not sure I'll do it for Evolve. I'm just happy to not have to touch buttons so often for now.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kin posted:

Huh, you sure? Maybe I'm not quite understanding what you mean (or not paying attention to what's happening in the game).

Whenever I turn idle mode off, the countdown for move 69 seems to start counting down from 3600 seconds.

I'm toggling it on and off now and can see that it is counting down in the background, but why is it almost consistently showing 3600 seconds whenever I occasionally look into turning idle mode off.

The tool tips show the base cool down, and you can only see what’s left on it when idle mode is off. The cd still ticks down when idle mode is on, but you can’t see it changing unless you turn idle mode off.

It’s the only skill where the cd still ticks down while idle mode is on.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
At what point is rebirthing not worth it in NGU anymore? I can reach boss 298 and have amalgamate v1 adventure stats and I've bought enough r3 to get the 1 quint achievement. Going forward I'm basically just buying adventure stats with XP, finishing my last two wishes(5 days left according to the calc) and then getting enough PP/QP for the end pieces.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

At what point is rebirthing not worth it in NGU anymore? I can reach boss 298 and have amalgamate v1 adventure stats and I've bought enough r3 to get the 1 quint achievement. Going forward I'm basically just buying adventure stats with XP, finishing my last two wishes(5 days left according to the calc) and then getting enough PP/QP for the end pieces.

Keep on with it. RB for guffins and the other small increments. The only time it doesn’t make sense to rb is if you have nothing to do but grind up Adv Training for the end. You have a ways to go still if you’re only at Amalgamate v1 and shouldn’t discount the gain of extra EXP from an RB.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jhet posted:

The tool tips show the base cool down, and you can only see what’s left on it when idle mode is off. The cd still ticks down when idle mode is on, but you can’t see it changing unless you turn idle mode off.

It’s the only skill where the cd still ticks down while idle mode is on.

So I think I sussed out what was happening (maybe). It seemed when I shut the game down the move's cool down doesn't keep ticking down.

I might be mistaken though because I'm not paying enough attention. I tend not to keep it running unless I'm grinding for gear or boosts so quite often I only open it up once a day to do my 15 minute rebirth cycle.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kin posted:

So I think I sussed out what was happening (maybe). It seemed when I shut the game down the move's cool down doesn't keep ticking down.

I might be mistaken though because I'm not paying enough attention. I tend not to keep it running unless I'm grinding for gear or boosts so quite often I only open it up once a day to do my 15 minute rebirth cycle.

No, that’s accurate. The CDs don’t tick while the game is off and they start on cool down when you open the game. Definitely need to keep it running for it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

something posted:

:justpost:

Watching NGU1 develop from an inkling of an idea to the beautiful monster it is now was a genuine pleasure, and I'm very excited for the same thing with NGU2. Never stop posting

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Actually watching game development is part of what makes idle games enjoyable. Closed idle devs that release updates out of nowhere are boring (looking at you cookie clicker)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

something posted:

One huge thing that I can recommend just from looking at this- try to get enemy intent indicators in ASAP, unless "I don't know if the enemy is going to move next frame" is a core part of the experience. If players can see where enemies are going to go they can plan ahead and know that they'll land that hit as soon as it comes off cooldown, and very few things feel more satisfying than watching an enemy blunder into your clever play

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I'm assumign it's very much like the Trimps script, in that once you get to a certain point the default options are actually pretty optimal, but before that point there are some very bad optimizations there.

In Trimps I got real good at playing around in the script options themselves to optimize stuff, but I'm not sure I'll do it for Evolve. I'm just happy to not have to touch buttons so often for now.

The default options are more geared towards a mid-game player and still aren't that efficient just due to how many variables there are between any given player's mastery, crispr, blood infusion, and other bonuses. Most of the tinkering revolves around clamping upper bounds for buildings and jobs and setting up trigger lists that instruct the script to automatically prioritize certain buildings and researches throughout a run.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
edit is not post

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Incremancer is pretty simple, but it is very satisfying to see those waves of 1000+ zombies sloshing around the map.
It is pulled a bit down by the sprites having so low resolution that it's difficult to discern out specific types of units though.

A zombie apocalypse where random amounts of zombies can just spontaneously manifest infront of you is pretty terrifying on the whole though.
One second you're a doctor, the next 13 zombies suddenly spawn around you, instagibbing you.

e: Kinda disappointed that the time warp thing isn't a toggle, just a short speed boost you can use every now and then.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 19, 2022

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Somfin posted:

One huge thing that I can recommend just from looking at this- try to get enemy intent indicators in ASAP, unless "I don't know if the enemy is going to move next frame" is a core part of the experience. If players can see where enemies are going to go they can plan ahead and know that they'll land that hit as soon as it comes off cooldown, and very few things feel more satisfying than watching an enemy blunder into your clever play

I'm intending (for active play) that its more react-based for projectile salvos, though you'll be able to learn that like, for instance with blobby here, that he fires on the row he's at and when moving, only moves 1 tile away, so you can place yourself as far away vertically as you can and then just focus on using your own ability/heal/auto-thwack him til dead. The small blue bar they have under them is their action bar, when it fills up, they do an Action - maybe just an auto attack, maybe a projectile salvo, maybe a self buff, etc.

The initial idea that I'm gonna try for idle play is well, you just sit still or move similar to an AI, and fire off whatever set of skills you set on your hotbar periodically. Maybe with something like X% projectile damage resistance to offset the fact that you're gonna eat more shots when idle compared to someone playing active. I'll also have you automatically heal using food in your (much bigger) long term storage.

Another thing i'll try out is lighting the tiles up that have any projectile with it as its intended target, which I believe is a basic OSFE/MMBN thing.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

something posted:

Another thing i'll try out is lighting the tiles up that have any projectile with it as its intended target, which I believe is a basic OSFE/MMBN thing.

I was literally just about to post suggesting this before I scrolled down and saw your post, so :yeah:

e since my post was the last one in the thread: Is there an easier way to get Mythril in Evolve Idle? That's been the biggest thing bottlenecking me most of the time in the space phase.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
built up a good deal of the NGU's page (which is actually more akin to the rebirth + PP perks page in NGU 1, you'll gain prestige currencies here and spend them on similar style perks to permanently buff up your guy)

then i went back and tried some of those things suggested:

https://giant.gfycat.com/AppropriateDeadCapeghostfrog.mp4

(the art for a tile in "danger" is very much temp)