Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Smoke grenades work by very slowly burning the powder inside, just like the CS grenades that may have started a fire in Waco.

If there’s an issue with the lot, they can start incredibly hot, intense fires. There are fires in Petawawa every summer from them lighting the dry grass. So protesters loving around with smoke grenades could also go very badly, or hilariously, depending on your point of view.

WRT CS gas being a prohibited chemical weapons: Hollow-Point bullets are prohibited, per the Hague, or tying or binding the hands of Prisoners either by custom or Geneva iirc. Try to imagine policework without those two things.

This isn’t a war, so it’s a moot point.

lol i was just trying to make a dumb joke about how the protesters work in the FIRE sector instead of being poor downtrodden workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Rutibex posted:

no, the knights and the clergy have different basis of power. they are seperate and neither controls the other. both need to exist to keep the peasants working though, so they coordinate

The state exists because they have a monopoly on violence. What we saw in Ottawa was a failure of the police to use this violence to keep control, that's why the state stepped in.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

its not pointed out enough how a big difference between this and BLM is these people show their faces all the time, film their own crime sprees, almost as if they were aware it was not going to bite them in the rear end/and shocked and appalled if it did

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBC posted:

The state exists because they have a monopoly on violence. What we saw in Ottawa was a failure of the police to use this violence to keep control, that's why the state stepped in.

the state controls your mind, the police control your physical body. this concept of "The monopoly of violence" and "politicians control the police" are illusions projected into your brain to control your actions. politicians are media, and media doesn't do violence it brainwashes

if you ever encounter a man with a gun that guy has the monopoly on violence. not some concept of a politician

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

do you know what monopoly means

what if i also have gun? what then bitch

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MasterSitsu posted:

its not pointed out enough how a big difference between this and BLM is these people show their faces all the time, film their own crime sprees, almost as if they were aware it was not going to bite them in the rear end/and shocked and appalled if it did

Gotta say that the FBI arresting people in the aftermath of George Floyd was useful in that it gave us a lot of information about how they identify people from photographs. Helped refine some tactics.

Watching reactionaries freak out when the state actually puts the boot on their necks is always good for a laugh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
then we are playing a different game. roll initivite

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

This guy just said "initivite."

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

i have no idea what that means

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Rutibex posted:

the state controls your mind, the police control your physical body. this concept of "The monopoly of violence" and "politicians control the police" are illusions projected into your brain to control your actions. politicians are media, and media doesn't do violence it brainwashes

if you ever encounter a man with a gun that guy has the monopoly on violence. not some concept of a politician

Would a tinfoil hat help to block the illusion projector?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PhilippAchtel posted:

I'm sorry I am posting on a tablet that has very bad spelling correction. that was ment to be a joke about playing dungeons and dragons instead of monopoly

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Would a tinfoil hat help to block the illusion projector?

No, you need silver or higher.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Walked the dog, got yelled at for wearing a mask. Another block and a flag bearing pickup drove by. The weekly gathering of the crazies in downtown Calgary is starting early.

SQ are masked, horses are pulling back from their line. I'm expecting pepper spray to be deployed. Wellington and Bank.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

PhilippAchtel posted:

who will invite the other first?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Lol can't believe this is a real post. 'Slow and methodical' biiiiitch you did nothing for 3.5 loving weeks and that was TPS on horses yesterday. Taking credit for doing nothing on top of nothing.

Related..

https://twitter.com/aidanwot/status/1495077532776816641?s=20&t=bOcHN44_bBEthkVhdWDZNg

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

yeah that's what they do

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
ok 18 tweets is annoying, here's a thread for y'all

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1495079186712645641?s=20&t=MdAfOsmIwarPUDk2hKFv3A

Cold on a Cob has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Feb 19, 2022

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RBC posted:

This protest actually seemed very well organized. People want to deny it, but I think they have accelerated lifting of health measures. The people on the ground are clearly mostly idiots, but the way they blockaded strategic points with trucks and built encampments points to significant money and organization.

I don't think anyone in particular was behind the protest itself but i'm guessing a hodgepodge of fash/business interests chipped in now and again to make it worse

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 18:48 on Feb 19, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Justice Bourgeois

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
a bit on the nose, but i've come to expect that of this show

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Keep hearing the truckers call the cops mean, lmfao

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Didn't go so well last time we tried that.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cold on a Cob posted:

meanwhile, at Lich's bail hearing (unfortunately this guy doesn't seem to know how to do a thread):

https://twitter.com/JamesDBowie/status/1495067345647251457?s=20

She came prepared to do battle with the Sphinx, master of riddles.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

hold on is the judge for this literally named Bourgeois?

lol, and furthermore, lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
here's a thread instead, 18 tweets is slowing the page down like crazy for me:

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1495079186712645641?s=20&t=MdAfOsmIwarPUDk2hKFv3A

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Karach posted:

She came prepared to do battle with the Sphinx, master of riddles.

all sovcit garbage boils down to "knowing" the secret legal cheat codes to unlock freedom, riches, and power over the state. lol.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

1,700$ in debt... no way he comes back from this..

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol the loving nyt

https://twitter.com/glen_mcgregor/status/1495091143985537025?s=20&t=MdAfOsmIwarPUDk2hKFv3A

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

All I see with this tweet is that we're just years away from cops going 'You get what you deserve' to just anyone that isn't rich and white. Even brownshirts get the club.

Man this is going to be so hosed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I would like to hear more about what the dog has to say.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

1,700$ in debt... no way he comes back from this..

He flew to Ottawa on a private jet owned by somebody he only knows as "Joseph"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
New York Times reporting has been highly suspect during all this. https://twitter.com/StephanieCarvin/status/1495090607374618625?t=hVSSFF6xB6RyCqcVq3TbLg&s=19

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Cold on a Cob posted:

all sovcit garbage boils down to "knowing" the secret legal cheat codes to unlock freedom, riches, and power over the state. lol.

that's the part i've never understood. even if everything they were saying was true and correct, what exactly is it supposed to do? it's clear that everything and everyone is following the "fake" laws, it's also clear that the state doesn't want to follow the "real" laws since it made up this whole charade to obscure them, so what then? do they think the judge is going to look at one of their big books and realize "oh my god, you're absolutely right!" and everything will go back to how things are supposed to be? or will it cause all fake judges to literally turn into ashes? or they'll somehow spark a revolution when everyone realizes they were wrong?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

DesertIslandHermit posted:

All I see with this tweet is that we're just years away from cops going 'You get what you deserve' to just anyone that isn't rich and white. Even brownshirts get the club.

Man this is going to be so hosed.

Lol what?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cold on a Cob posted:

I'm pointing back to my comment about video game logic being the prevailing mode of reasoning among these guys. I assume she'll request trial by combat at some point.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

NYT reporting has been suspect for like 150 years

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that's the part i've never understood. even if everything they were saying was true and correct, what exactly is it supposed to do? it's clear that everything and everyone is following the "fake" laws, it's also clear that the state doesn't want to follow the "real" laws since it made up this whole charade to obscure them, so what then? do they think the judge is going to look at one of their big books and realize "oh my god, you're absolutely right!" and everything will go back to how things are supposed to be? or will it cause all fake judges to literally turn into ashes? or they'll somehow spark a revolution when everyone realizes they were wrong?

they think real life is like a video game or a tv show, you just make the right objection or press the right button and you defeat your enemy, who is somehow bound by these rules like it's magic. the delusion runs so deep.

e:

Karach posted:

I'm pointing back to my comment about video game logic being the prevailing mode of reasoning among these guys. I assume she'll request trial by combat at some point.

:hai:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Powershift posted:

I would like to hear more about what the dog has to say.

Nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't be a credible witness.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Sorry if I haven't been too happy with Trudeau getting permanent powers and cops are just going to get even more money no matter what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/fordnation/status/1495034535779708936