Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mayor Dave posted:

does anyone know whether dogs can be trans?

Cutting my dog's balls off whether it helps his dysphoria or not tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

you don't switch presidents during wartime.......*glares at russia* I SAID YOU DON'T SWITCH PRESIDENTS DURING

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

just call them a bunch of loving libs and they'll think you're a swing voter / lincoln project type and kiss your rear end

you only get blamed for their losses / ignored when they win, if you consistently vote for them

I never thought of it exactly like that, but you are right!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

MAGA by furiously ensuring the chinese century

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BA2 is going to be a fantastic experiment in the question if the media (left and right) can gaslight everyone into ignoring a clear surge in March and April.

Spoiler: they will

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

BA2 is going to be a fantastic experiment in the question if the media (left and right) can gaslight everyone into ignoring a clear surge in March and April.

They already did the gameplan everyone predicted for the Omicron variant.

It's mild don't worry (just don't look at daily death counts)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Democrats in November:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

etalian posted:

people you know of disappearing and never coming back every three months? nah its just your imagination

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

nah, that looks cool and exciting. it's gonna be non-stop cringe.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

How could the Bernie Bros do this?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Stereotype posted:

love paying tribute to Israel.

Should be the other way around, those Assyrians had it right.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

zegermans posted:

love that they're just going over there sucking dicks instead of doing literally anything to help us

most importent election ever coming up btw

What, exactly, does the United States get by being allies with Israel?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
evangelical christians think it is necessary for the end times. it's not a secret.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

hosed

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

local democratic parties are having their county conventions next month, please for the love of God go there and run for all the local offices. The people who hold them are ancient and desperate for someone to pass the torch to, go take the power and then abuse it Tea Party style.

Nah, these motherfuckers still don't think they've done anything wrong, and they deserve nothing more than to watch their entire loving operation collapse around them. gently caress em.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously, if you're going to get into politics, you're going to be fighting the Democrats and Republicans both if you're even an inch to the left of Mussolini. And what advantage would you have running as a (D)? In many states there is no plan for outreach, no infrastructure-- gently caress, my county party wasn't even talking to the local college democrat group.

There is no plan for rehabilitating the party's shady as gently caress reputation-- and why would they need to? They know they got the kind of dumbfuck that posts in D&D to support them no matter what, so what difference does it make whether or not you win?

If you're intending to run to grab your own stack, good on you, nothing matters so might as well fleece the rubes just as much as they are. If you're running because you actually think you can take the party over, maybe going back to D&D and staying there would be a good idea.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

You Bernie bros need to wake up! Nobody wants to vote for Trump, he was impeached twice OK!?

:Blue wave::Blue wave::Blue wave::Blue wave:

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

evangelical christians think it is necessary for the end times. it's not a secret.

How does that explain Dems though? Evangelicals are not exactly a key part of their coalition.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Subvisual Haze posted:

How does that explain Dems though? Evangelicals are not exactly a key part of their coalition.

It's just the assumption that whiter people are more moral, but in a very unquestioning way.

If questioned directly they'll start rationalizing. But those aren't the reasons

copy
Jul 26, 2007

100%. right down to using the same footage as last time

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Buck Wildman posted:

you don't switch presidents during wartime.......*glares at russia* I SAID YOU DON'T SWITCH PRESIDENTS DURING

WHO is on first, Jack??

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nothus posted:

this doesn't matter. The race is on to keep up with China and or subdue them economically in any way possible. COVID cannot be allowed to prevent these plans

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Seriously, if you're going to get into politics, you're going to be fighting the Democrats and Republicans both if you're even an inch to the left of Mussolini. And what advantage would you have running as a (D)? In many states there is no plan for outreach, no infrastructure-- gently caress, my county party wasn't even talking to the local college democrat group.

There is no plan for rehabilitating the party's shady as gently caress reputation-- and why would they need to? They know they got the kind of dumbfuck that posts in D&D to support them no matter what, so what difference does it make whether or not you win?

If you're intending to run to grab your own stack, good on you, nothing matters so might as well fleece the rubes just as much as they are. If you're running because you actually think you can take the party over, maybe going back to D&D and staying there would be a good idea.

Someone that did this here: this post is absolutely correct. The libs love your fire and your passion for things until you take that half a step left, then you get yeeted into the void

Edit: the best case scenario is you actually get some power. If you do that, you play defense your entire life. Both from centrists trying to take what you've got constantly plus an endless triangulation you have to do on what you can and can't say in public. If you go too far left, then the whole machine turns against you instead of a couple pissers

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Feb 19, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

unfortunately politics is about exercising your beliefs on the world to create a world you want to live in, not posting

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/...ingawful.com%2F

I'm sure the Democrats will write a sternly worded letter asking Republicans to please knock it off any day now

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

as the revolutionary MAGA council puts a noose around my white pencil neck: ummm, Bernie hates women, but y’all ain’t ready to have that conversation

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

smug jeebus posted:

How could the Bernie Bros do this?

It's the Democrats doing what they had to do; what they always do: turn death into a fighting chance to lose.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Subvisual Haze posted:

The Dems love nothing more than to court Republican votes and to hear good things from Republican media so they can have their West Wing fantasy of somebody saying they dislike them but respect their gravitas or whatever.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the dems are like "i may disagree with what you say but i will fight to the death for your right to say it" and the republicans are like "i may disagree with what you say but i will fight to the death for my right to imprison and execute you for saying it"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
and yes i am aware that the dems dont actually have convictions that strong but thats the quote so i went with it anyway

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Nah I actually felt kinda sad the first time I saw that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

local democratic parties are having their county conventions next month, please for the love of God go there and run for all the local offices. The people who hold them are ancient and desperate for someone to pass the torch to, go take the power and then abuse it Tea Party style.

local republican parties are having their conventions too, might as well run as a republican since the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nucleic Acids posted:

Nah I actually felt kinda sad the first time I saw that.

Also, Kirk deliberately set the auto destruct sequence to save himself and his crew. The Blues Brothers' car disintegrating at the end of the car chase might be a better analogy.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

PeterCat posted:

What, exactly, does the United States get by being allies with Israel?

They launder the kickbacks to the MIC through Israel (who returns most of their annual funding by buying US MIC poo poo).

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tunicate posted:

local republican parties are having their conventions too, might as well run as a republican since the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

republican party offices are too hard, people actually want them

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cloks posted:

unfortunately politics is about exercising your beliefs on the world to create a world you want to live in, not posting

Fortunately I have my own personal experience as a former county chair who had been banned from better cesspits to inform my opinion.

you wanna run for office? I'm not saying not to. what I am is saying is there is no loving point to doing it as a loving Democrat especially when you have to end endorsing the likes of Joe loving Biden despite no actual evidence that he'd support anything you do.

You wanna waste your time then you're in the right loving party. You expect everyone to line up and blow you for your original idea of changing the system from the inside, you're gonna have a long loving wait.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Furthermore the Democratic Party should be destroyed

Edit: mother of gently caress, how in tf can you look at the party's sins of omission and commission both over the past ten years and think they wouldn't gently caress your run. Goddamn, at least anarchists acknowledge history being A Thing and make some attempt to learn from it.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Feb 19, 2022

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

vyelkin posted:

and yes i am aware that the dems dont actually have convictions that strong but thats the quote so i went with it anyway

"You can say what you want I won't get in your way"

edit: tbf, they are defending it to the death via getting destroyed in 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jabberlock posted:

"You can say what you want I won't get in your way"

edit: tbf, they are defending it to the death via getting destroyed in 2022

Funny how nobody ever looks at the quote and wonder whose death the speaker is talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

etalian posted:

jokes on you, hospitals aren't required to report case numbers anymore lol

and all those take home antigen tests? those aren't reported either lol