Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Rust Martialis posted:

This is the OPP setting you up to lose your commercial license:

:rubby:

Is this proof the protestors are from the USA? That looks like a US Department of Transportation ID, or do Canadian truckers use those as well for easier border crossing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Pretty sure that'd have to actually pass a vote first, and I thought New Mexico was a state where the hippies outnumber the chuds?

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Old James posted:

Is this proof the protestors are from the USA? That looks like a US Department of Transportation ID, or do Canadian truckers use those as well for easier border crossing?

It's the latter.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I’m watching the CBC live stream on YouTube and almost every suggested video underneath is from Fox News, Post Media, or some alt right YouTuber with the usual “Trudeau is arresting people for questioning his authority” type takes.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

That's a lot of politi at Banks and Wellington queued up there suddenly

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

If they can't get jobs as truckers anymore then I hear Black Mesa is an equal-opportunity employer! :v:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Old James posted:

The latter. You need to register with the US DOT for cross-border freight.

Of course, being unvaccinated, these truckers weren’t allowed to cross the border.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Rust Martialis posted:

That's a lot of politi at Banks and Wellington queued up there suddenly

I think it happens when they change shifts. Looks like the OPP and SQ are alternating at the line.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gros Tarla posted:

I think it happens when they change shifts. Looks like the OPP and SQ are alternating at the line.

I think it looks like there's more than would be enough to change shifts there but who knows

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Gros Tarla posted:

Seems to be WAY more police there now than there were to man the line before. Looks like more police than protestors at this point, though that could just be the angle.

Edit: Looks like shits going down now.

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 19, 2022

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Holy poo poo, is that riot officer holding a loving AR? :stare:

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.

You can have them, America.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I think it’s the RCMP officers that are armed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Judge in Lich bail hearing reserves decision until 9am Feb 22.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

bltzn posted:

You can have them, America.

They're just trying to shore up the difference after the GQP voters died of covid.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Just spotted some guys trying to unfurl a bunch of flags I've never seen before... usually when I see 99% right wing/white protests you get a few folks showing up with the usual medieval flags, the usual white supremacist stuff. Saw a new one, red flag with a white crusader on it and a cross. Turned out to be a really old old Lithuanian flag. These guys think they are being subtle but they aren't.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

God I hate this, I'm torn between general dislike of the police and them usually breaking up protests which usually are about stuff I agree with but also a desire to see these shitbags get what's coming

HackensackBackpack posted:

I think that's the bulk of the downtown stuff. I haven't seen any action over at the baseball stadium, and that's not even counting some of the rural staging areas outside city limits in Embrun and places like that.

Meanwhile, Tamara finally put a mask on.

https://twitter.com/KatieGriffinCTV/status/1495112883331608579

That loving sweatshirt

edit: all the people on stream complaining about 'hyper aggressive police' have never been to any kind of left-wing protest before, obviously

Alctel fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 19, 2022

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mr. Apollo posted:

I’m watching the CBC live stream on YouTube and almost every suggested video underneath is from Fox News, Post Media, or some alt right YouTuber with the usual “Trudeau is arresting people for questioning his authority” type takes.

Same for me, and I'm in the States.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Mr. Apollo posted:

turn off autoplay or else it'll drop you into that hell as soon as the stream cuts out

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Alctel posted:

God I hate this, I'm torn between general dislike of the police and them usually breaking up protests which usually are about stuff I agree with but also a desire to see these shitbags get what's coming

That loving sweatshirt

edit: all the people on stream complaining about 'hyper aggressive police' have never been to any kind of left-wing protest before, obviously

Yeah, I've been impressed thus far with the patience and restraint displayed by the cops. They're willing to apply pressure slowly and advance only as the crowd calms down, going out of their way to avoid winding them up. They're also not retreating and are clearly willing to bust heads if it comes to that, but they've managed to avoid it coming to that thus far.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/annieclairebo/status/1495141288299143170?s=21

can’t wait until the hot tub guys are in tears

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/MavenOfMayhem/status/1495139658514243595

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Watson on CBC noting he'd really like to see all of the vehicles seized sold off rather than returned to their owners, so that the money could go towards restoring Ottawa.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Not like those guys will be trucking again anytime soon

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ZeeBoi posted:

Truckerfuckling

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Big K of Justice posted:

Just spotted some guys trying to unfurl a bunch of flags I've never seen before... usually when I see 99% right wing/white protests you get a few folks showing up with the usual medieval flags, the usual white supremacist stuff. Saw a new one, red flag with a white crusader on it and a cross. Turned out to be a really old old Lithuanian flag. These guys think they are being subtle but they aren't.
I saw a flag I hadn’t seen before. A red flag with the letters “OF” in white and a white maple leaf in the middle of the “O”.

Juul-Whip posted:

turn off autoplay or else it'll drop you into that hell as soon as the stream cuts out
I learned that lesson a while ago.

The1ManMoshPit
Apr 17, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

I saw a flag I hadn’t seen before. A red flag with the letters “OF” in white and a white maple leaf in the middle of the “O”.

It's "CF", for "Canada First", typical modern, extremely online, alt-right white nationalist grifter chud poo poo https://www.antihate.ca/canada_first_exposed_tyler_russell

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Well that's troubling as CF also means Canada Forces (our military).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZeeBoi posted:

Truck around and find out.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
This boomer music, lol

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The1ManMoshPit posted:

It's "CF", for "Canada First", typical modern, extremely online, alt-right white nationalist grifter chud poo poo https://www.antihate.ca/canada_first_exposed_tyler_russell
Thanks. I figured it was something like this.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Well that's troubling as CF also means Canada Forces (our military).
I originally thought it might be a Canada Forces flag. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was intentional. People who know, will know. Others might assume that CF stands for Canada Forces.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 20, 2022

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUrwJE6SrJA

I'm watching this live stream right now, and they're yelling "freedom!" and "hold the line!" as the Police charge.

...and uh, not the first time cavalry hired by the nobles tramples peasants.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Vahakyla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUrwJE6SrJA

I'm watching this live stream right now, and they're yelling "freedom!" and "hold the line!" as the Police charge.

...and uh, not the first time cavalry hired by the nobles tramples peasants.

How are these assholes still here, they’ve been totally routed what are they waiting to happen

Just heard them talk about “these are our streets”

Bitch gently caress you, you don’t live here get the gently caress out of my city

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sadly many of them do live here :(

Although probably not downtown

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mr. Apollo posted:

I originally thought it might be a Canada Forces flag. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was intentional. People who know, will know. Others might assume that CF stands for Canada Forces.

It's a riff on the "America First" nazi movement, sadly.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

How are these assholes still here, they’ve been totally routed what are they waiting to happen

you know how when you get riots in simcity 2000 and you park the cop car next to it but the riot is too big for your one cop car so you save up money and build a new police station to send more cars. but 6 months have now elapsed in game time and the riot has grown so it takes a while for the riots to ultimately peter out

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

This person is commenting on the lack of media coverage of the protest and lives in Missisauga. :psyduck:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

their TV is stuck on the shopping channel and they can't find the remote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr. Apollo posted:

This person is commenting on the lack of media coverage of the protest and lives in Missisauga. :psyduck:

It's the kind of genius who doesn't watch CBC or any other news channel because it's "mainstream media" which would surely lie to them.