Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

I have that map too but I have no idea where/how to use it.

This is the guide I used when running through that quest.
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/tip-name-treasuremap-301-quest-guide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Twisc posted:

if anyone has a level 50 Assassin class and a minute to spare, could you go to a market board and search Maze of the Edge Chestpiece Skin and take a picture of the preview?

i can't find ANY info on what the Assassin version looks like, and i don't have one with access to a market board. for :iiam: REASONS, you can only preview this gear from a market board.

this is Mage's

tia

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
finally cockblocked on the necromancers origin abyssal dungeon matchmaking, ran this poo poo for a good 3-4 hrs but either the people are braindead to figure out the tactics or the team is competent enough but can't fine tune the mechanics until we have to bow out due to lack of armor repairs.

and it's not even that complicated, it's like regular wow dungeon mechanics

simble
May 11, 2004

Kill All Cops posted:

finally cockblocked on the necromancers origin abyssal dungeon matchmaking, ran this poo poo for a good 3-4 hrs but either the people are braindead to figure out the tactics or the team is competent enough but can't fine tune the mechanics until we have to bow out due to lack of armor repairs.

If you ctrl+right click on your pet and click pet functions you can repair your gear anywhere. I think this is a crystalline aura thing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got Affiliate status on my Twitch account, largely thanks to Lost Ark goons supporting what I was doing. :3: Thank you all! Going to keep streaming Lost Ark, it's going to be my primary game. This is honestly the best MMORPG i've played in 10+ years and hits all of the right notes for my monkey brain.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Raioner posted:

This is the guide I used when running through that quest.
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/tip-name-treasuremap-301-quest-guide

Oh. Hilariously I had long since done that but never made the connection the map was connected with the initial statue since I kinda just randomly found it and clicked it when I first went to Vern and then quite accidentally ended up heading to Tooki Island not long after. Weird that it doesn't remove the map from your inventory.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Are those 'hidden quests' that are shown on this page - https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/rethramis-adventure-tome as purple ! markers actually worth doing, of can I just skip the tedious hunting for them without worry?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The Locator posted:

Are those 'hidden quests' that are shown on this page - https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/rethramis-adventure-tome as purple ! markers actually worth doing, of can I just skip the tedious hunting for them without worry?

They give you decent amounts of social stats and account for a reasonable chunk of Adventure Journal progress. They're pretty annoying to do without a map to guide you though.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Ugh, I got sucked into the honing mini game after all (on my Paladin who isn’t even desperate for the primary stats) so I can go to that other continent and get the second awakening. Hopefully I can avoid the high failure rate levels though 🤞🏼

I love that I can do a couple chaos dungeons and a guardian raid and then queue up the second guardian raid to auto-complete in my stronghold and that’s fits about perfectly in the time I usually have to play.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Kill All Cops posted:

I can’t stress enough how you shouldn’t use the matchmaking button on any instance content with party wipe mechanics. Instead use the find party button next to it, filter for the instance you want, and look for a group with a half decent gear score and a room title like ‘know mechs’ or something.

Doing this I was able to get through all of the abyss content up through the end of t2 gearscores (including Alaric) and it was generally a pleasant experience with mostly helpful understanding people as long as you did the bare minimum of watching a YouTube vid of the mechanics before jumping in

It’s like night and day right now

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I had something like that last night too. It definitely didn't seem to be any lack of knowledge since at least three of us were talking about orb grabbing orders and stuff but I think one guy was just straight up trolling and grabbing every other one. It was bizarre. Eventually everyone managed to vote quit and the next one went off without a hitch.

It's also wildly clear that I've been spoiled with FFXIV parties because holy poo poo are pubbies assholes.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm level 40ish and just unlocked sailing, I have a chest with ship blueprints from a daily login or something - is there something worth doing with these yet?

Also the powder & pieces I get from salvaging - are those only for vendoring?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kill All Cops posted:

Use party finder instead of matchmaking
Chances are much higher to find people who will at least look at party chat or ask how to do the mechanic instead of silently ignoring everything and then saying to themselves "huh we wiped... must have been an enrage timer, ill have to ignore more mechanics to squeeze out max dps next time"

Oxyclean posted:

I'm level 40ish and just unlocked sailing, I have a chest with ship blueprints from a daily login or something - is there something worth doing with these yet?

Also the powder & pieces I get from salvaging - are those only for vendoring?

The blueprints are just used as the material cost for ship upgrading, though not every level seems to cost blueprints. You will get enough of the other upgrade mats from quests and stuff sooner or later.

The crap you get from disassembling vendor trash is just stackable vendor trash. It only exists to sell to vendors and to save you inventory space. Eventually at 302+ you will start getting more useful crap like upgrade mats from disassembling gear.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 19, 2022

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The reason people love this game clicked for me when I did the phantom palace dungeon at the end of the rohendel quest line

Holy poo poo it has excellent pve mechanics and is visually spectacular

Looking forward to all the subsequent dungeons and raids

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Even after a week+ of queues and problems, I definitely really like this game.
I'm pleasantly surprised as I tried WoW at least 6 times over the years and it never clicked. I've tried numerous other MMOS too and none have ever been enjoyable. Recently I tried FFXIV and can't stand it either.
I guess this one actually has enough ARPGness for me as I do love D3 and PoE.
I dig the free to play bit too.
None of this will matter when I get to the hard dungeons and my old man brain locks up harder that an Amazon Games server though

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I spent 1000 gold on a platinum pally helm only to find out it doesn’t fully cover my neck

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I absolutely love the chaos rift/guardian/abyss loop across several characters but I'm dreading the point where I need to grind out rapport or collect a bunch of doodads to continue advancement. It's definitely great that there's a variety of stuff to do but it's always nice to get cross-activity unlocks instead of being forced to do something you're not as interested in.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’m snagging the cheap legendary rapport chests when they pop up on the secret store

Dunno where I’ll use them yet

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I bound a macro key on my keyboard to mash G until I press it again and it's working out pretty well!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I’m at the point where I really want to make an alt but I also want to hold my power passes for upcoming characters, especially lancer and summoner. I guess I could always just make use of training or drop some actual money and fix this problem

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

rap music posted:

The reason people love this game clicked for me when I did the phantom palace dungeon at the end of the rohendel quest line

Holy poo poo it has excellent pve mechanics and is visually spectacular

Looking forward to all the subsequent dungeons and raids

How many hours in is this? I've just started the game but i'm afraid of it getting very grindy. I love PvE but hate korean grind typically.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

rap music posted:

I’m snagging the cheap legendary rapport chests when they pop up on the secret store

Dunno where I’ll use them yet

Your first priority for rapport crap is probably Calvasus, Ninaveh, Sasha and Beatrice.
All four of these npcs gift you one of the game's 15 Giant's Heart collectibles at certain rapport levels. You will eventually want to collect at least 6 and even more eventually 12, since you get skill point rewards.

wynott dunn posted:

How many hours in is this? I've just started the game but i'm afraid of it getting very grindy. I love PvE but hate korean grind typically.

Rohendel is a pretty long ways in. You'll need to get to level 50 first, finish all the available questlines to get to item level 302, then you'll get a quest that says "gently caress around and grind item levels until 460 then you can continue". Then after that you can finally begin the Rohendel continent.

e:

Good Citizen posted:

I’m at the point where I really want to make an alt but I also want to hold my power passes for upcoming characters, especially lancer and summoner. I guess I could always just make use of training or drop some actual money and fix this problem

Power passes are not actually an exclusive one-time thing. You will get a Knowledge Transfer machine in your stronghold that does basically the same thing as a power pass, only it takes 8 hours and 600 gold. So feel free to use your power passes ASAP as they're basically just a 600g-off coupon for a system that's already normally available.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 19, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You also get a stronghold training room that will take any alt to -2 levels of your main. It’s time based though so can take like two weeks to get a level 10 to level 58 (if you have a 60). It’s also free to use (afaik) so you don’t have to worry about spending the gold if you aren’t super ready to play an alt.

You get access to the stronghold item at level 52.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
A lot of content is gated behind msq completion though so if you don't knowledge transfer you'll still need to spend 8 hours walking from G press to G press even if your huge level 50 stats are enough to oneshot every dungeon boss

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is there likely to be a point where people start actively excluding me for not getting the collectible skill points? Just the thought of having to actually do any of that makes me want to uninstall the game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Do you actually need alts?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sindai posted:

Is there likely to be a point where people start actively excluding me for not getting the collectible skill points? Just the thought of having to actually do any of that makes me want to uninstall the game.

No.
Edit : well maybe. You’ll want to get them eventually but it’s not that bad.

Mr Hootington posted:

Do you actually need alts?

Also no.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Sindai posted:

I don’t think that’s even visible to other people

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

I don’t think that’s even visible to other people

Engravings definitely are and you’ll get excluded if you don’t have enough of them at the higher tiers.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

wynott dunn posted:

In game time without the queuing poo poo I'm probably at 45 hours. Actually, I'm at level 44 and I play slow as gently caress and have been about 1 level per hour so yeah 45 is on both.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I found this doc for tracking down skill crates from side quests and this really helped jump start my engravings.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So once you hit 50 and do a couple chaos dungeons for the 302 set, what's the fastest way to get to 380 to be able to do the harder world bosses?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So once you hit 50 and do a couple chaos dungeons for the 302 set, what's the fastest way to get to 380 to be able to do the harder world bosses?

Check out this guide for a good island quest route, you can get tons of upgrade materials from the tier 1 islands once per roster that will really help in getting your main's item level up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Honing your gear; you can get tons of mats for it for doing various purple quests and really skyrockets your gear score.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

So basically the situation on EU servers is that matchmaking simply doesn't work (or works like 10% of the time), even with set parties. So no endgame stuff, dungeons, anything. So far I haven't heard any official word on the devs on the situation, but the longer this keeps up, the more players quit frustrated and will not return.

I've been having fun leveling up (hit 50 in Midgar recently) but what do I have to look forward to if there's no group content? Just grind drops solo? It's been like this for almost a week now, and opening a new region doesn't really help unless they're gonna offer server transfers (which I understand they have said are impossible as of now).

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Seriously the rest of this guy's guides should also go in the OP rather than having to mash G through the poorly translated ingame guides of this gacha.

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/news/class-overview

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/1-50-leveling-guide

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/post-50-guide

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
I did the big job last night and cleared out my inventory/storage and figured out what everything did/what I could get rid of.

The only thing I'm still at a complete loss with is cards. I've haven't been able to find a good text guide but I see people saying that you can gently caress cards up so I have no idea what to do with all these dupes that are flooding my inventory.

I also haven't started an alt yet. I'm currently ilvl 560. The guide I am looking at says to keep alts at 340 and just funnel all stuff to main, but since my main is nearing T2 will my alt still be getting materials that will help my main ?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
AFAIK there's no reason not to pop every random card pack and learn the cards immediately. If you get duplicates they stack up in your card inventory until you use them to actually level that card.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

I think the only way you can ‘gently caress up’ with cards is if you spend a lot of card XP enhancing cards that you aren’t going to use long term since card XP is relatively slow to collect. So just don’t touch the enhancement page of your card catalogue until you understand what makes sense to enhance

Someone else can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how I’ve been operating so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Every streamer, clickbaiter claims you can gently caress up every system unless you watch their video. Unless you are trying to do some super minmax, get to t3 by this week poo poo you can’t gently caress anything up. And even then, it’d be really, really hard to gently caress something up.

At this point the thread title should be “Lost Ark - you didn’t gently caress anything up.”

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 20, 2022