Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve been to more murdered delivery folks than even mildly injured cops in my career so I agree with you 100%.

It's like the number one job for dying via homicide, there's only a handful of other jobs you're more likely to die while doing and it's stuff like commercial fishing where it's accidents, not murder, that kills you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

seiferguy posted:

It was a bombardier, something like 50 seats. So not a Cessna level size but still certainly not 737 level.

I wish I had just rented a car from DC and drove. Would have been faster than waitinf at the airport for that dumb flight.

Sounds like a CRJ!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I kinda like the CRJs because you’re guaranteed either a window or aisle seat.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In North Carolina, it’s the same length of time to become a cop as it is to become a CNA!

Quicker than becoming a phlebotomist too!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dang I got the sads today even though it’s the weekend.

Time to give my brain the ‘ole one-two punch of nature and weight lifting

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Dang I got the sads today even though it’s the weekend.

Time to give my brain the ‘ole one-two punch of nature and weight lifting

Excellent mental health regimen. This strikes as a good opportunity to say that you are cool and I like you.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
A number of years ago I was waiting for a flight to come back to the US and someone posted in here the videonof the C17 taking off, stalling out, and immediately crashing into a giant fireball.

Also re: this cold/maybe COVID, My rear end, has been kicked.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

A number of years ago I was waiting for a flight to come back to the US and someone posted in here the videonof the C17 taking off, stalling out, and immediately crashing into a giant fireball.

Was it that cargo variant 747 in Afghanistan?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Was it that cargo variant 747 in Afghanistan?

Yes, I believe so. Congrats to Big Whiskey for a video that makes me buy multiple $20 whiskey drinks in the terminal before any flight.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Yes, I believe so. Congrats to Big Whiskey for a video that makes me buy multiple $20 whiskey drinks in the terminal before any flight.

Ejection cabins should be a thing. I’d feel a lot better. Just a huge electable module with huge parachutes like a space capsule.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I want to share this for anyone that doesn’t peruse the good tweets thread:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Braksgirl posted:

All of those king cakes look like trash, but I'd go with the cream cheese because hopefully the filling kept the cake moist. The fact that they used sprinkles instead of colored sugar is a very bad sign. The vanilla creme one is an abomination.

Thank you for the insight. I suspected these were barely authentic but I'll get the cream cheese one.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Thank you for the insight. I suspected these were barely authentic but I'll get the cream cheese one.

Well dang, now I have to get one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

King cake is very good, my two times in New Orleans I made sure to take one home. Chicago is all about the paczki for Mardi Gras day though.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
CK3 really gets fun at your first succession event. Currently murdering my younger brothers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Weird Rad posting

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

Weird Rad posting

We all have our Zappa phases.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Our neighbors are shooting loud as hell fireworks right now. What the hell are we celebrating today?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Our neighbors are shooting loud as hell fireworks right now. What the hell are we celebrating today?

Rodger Goodells birthday

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

smh at forgetting President’s Day :911:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

We all have our Zappa phases.

Mine is the reggae version of Ring of Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilu1SAwAuts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

smh at forgetting President’s Day :911:

Oh yeah it’s that day we skip for Mardi Gras.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
On vacation and I am gonna take in the easily accessible nature by Seattle. Probably peak in on the sea lions by Ballard. It'll be great.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Freaquency posted:

I want to share this for anyone that doesn’t peruse the good tweets thread:

Lmao thank you for posting this.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

So I’m posting this on a Disney bus and my friend and I decided that no, I wouldn’t get bored. 100% certainty.

Hey thanks!

Hey, I forget if I've asked this of you before but have you done the whole cocktail party/dinner at the top of the Contemporary while the fireworks go off thing? I thought it was rad experience but man it aint cheap. I see they're doing a50th anniversary thing were the fireworks different/better?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 20, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Gasping for air before diving right back into Horizon Forbidden West

jesus h christ y'all

jesus h christ

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GD_American posted:

jesus h christ y'all

jesus h christ

Just bought it, planning on getting into it tomorrow!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Did they fix the waxy, uncanny valley facial animations?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Did they fix the waxy, uncanny valley facial animations?

The expansion to the first game had way, way better facial animations than the base game, so I imagine it's improved.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The stuff in Canada is kinda nuts.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GD_American posted:

jesus h christ y'all

jesus h christ

I was inspired by the release of the new one to finally get HZD on PC. Well holy crap.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

The stuff in Canada is kinda nuts.

It’s all a proxy for US fascists.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s all a proxy for US fascists.

Yeah the right loves this stuff in the US. It's interesting if unsurprising how the Mounties have gone all Canada nice about removing them by police standards (after three weeks of shutting down the capitol). Like they're bringing kids, babies, toddlers to the protests after they were ordered to shut down, which would have been insane here at any point ever. And how despite that the right is screaming about police brutality while protestors are being slowly moved backwards.

It will also be sadly interesting to see if the US version of this gets the same treatment, I think I saw it's planned to start this week if those morons get it off the ground.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 20, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Apparently part of the reason ottawa police took so long to kettle and clear things out because some officer in the police coordination chat was sharing poo poo with the flutruxklan. It is suspected that it is anti-vax cops who are currently suspended for refusing to get their shots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I know no one is surprised that some of those that work forces are the same that honk hornses.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

A lot of their sources for online fundraising keep getting shutdown, which may be giving pause to people in the US thinking of doing the same thing. I hope.

I found out yesterday that one of my high school friends has turned anti-vax/anti-mask. Not on Facebook so I heard about it from another friend. This guy was always the idiot meathead of the group, so I’m not totally surprised.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know no one is surprised that some of those that work forces are the same that honk hornses.

They are certainly raging against the machine.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

jesus h christ y'all

jesus h christ

I was about to tell you something in regards to the swimming/diving in the game but then I realized what you were saying. V hung over so only operating at like 40% today

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Hey, I forget if I've asked this of you before but have you done the whole cocktail party/dinner at the top of the Contemporary while the fireworks go off thing? I thought it was rad experience but man it aint cheap. I see they're doing a50th anniversary thing were the fireworks different/better?

Nope, never done that and I'm not sure they even do it anymore. But I have done California Grill for dinner and then watched the fireworks after from the top of the Contemporary. It's been a few years since I've done that. The new nighttime show is Enchantment or something and it's pretty cool because the projections don't just happen on the castle, they happen all down the buildings on Main Street. We happened to catch a little bit of it on Wednesday night. It was cool, but it didn't get me in my feels like Wishes or Happily Ever After.

The castle is absolutely gorg right now.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

BigPaddy posted:

They are certainly raging against the machine.

Which must be confusing as gently caress for them, since by and large they are the machine.