Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

for some reason I imagine the cat is saying; "so why don't you come around here no more?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly I feel there's a world where this would be an interesting philosophy paper

I wrote about Cyanide and Happiness's mockery of Loss as a final exam paper in university lol

I got an A

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Same.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh that is a fat baby. Fat baby needs to be put on a diet.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Kwyndig posted:

Oh that is a fat baby. Fat baby needs to be put on a diet.

I agree, but first may I play its chonky tum like a bongo?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

for some reason I imagine the cat is saying; "so why don't you come around here no more?"

Was more of a [BRING ME SOLO AND THE WOOKIE] kinda convo in my head.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

spookykid posted:

Has the orgy put been scraped and bUtTeReD?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

spookykid posted:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
My brain went to Hedonism Bot for that chonky cat, myself.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Railing Kill posted:

My brain went to Hedonism Bot for that chonky cat, myself.

:same:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That's odd, mine went to a photoshop thread

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/5lue7xX.mp4

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

How to die a thousand times in 20 seconds.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I was about to get really mad and horrified until I watched it all the way through.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

So much anxiety rn

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Was it this guy who was in the Brexit plane crash?

Yes, this is the man who led the plane crash known as Brexit.

This is the current PM, not Farage. In this picture Johnson has gotten stuck in his truly bizarre zip wire stunt during the 2012 Olympics when he was the mayor of London. It is also symbolic of his leadership in general: all nationalistic flash but no delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hRwnXmdRCo

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I don't have kids but I was like :stare: the whole way through

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

M'eowdy

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Yooooo gently caress this idc what the end shows you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

???

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

It always amuses me when my sphynx cat communities collide with SA occasionally.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh come on, it was pretty obviously edited. Toddlers aren't that dumb, like sure they might be dumb enough to try to walk along a ledge like that, but not without trying to stay further from the edge and holding on tighter to the railing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
A big hint to it being fake is the camera's angle being basically from the street rather than also on the curb, and also it being the funny pictures thread.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Another big hint to it being fake is the VFX breakdown showing in detail how it was faked.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FreudianSlippers posted:

Another big hint to it being fake is the VFX breakdown showing in detail how it was faked.

Not sure if I believe that though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah but we could be worrying for a full 20 seconds before that comes in.

e: Wanna be clear that I do think it's a nice, cute, and fun video. Just think it's funny that people were nervous.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

SpacePig posted:

A big hint to it being fake is...it being the funny pictures thread.

You have a lot more faith in goons than I do.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think it's hosed up they edited in a fake street right next to that cliff. Gives a false sense of security to that tiny dam worker.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

dialhforhero posted:

Yooooo gently caress this idc what the end shows you.

Soul Dentist posted:

I think it's hosed up they edited in a fake street right next to that cliff. Gives a false sense of security to that tiny dam worker.

dammed if you do, dammed if you don't

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

SpacePig posted:

Yeah but we could be worrying for a full 20 seconds before that comes in.

e: Wanna be clear that I do think it's a nice, cute, and fun video. Just think it's funny that people were nervous.

Oh it's hilarious, but not outside of possibility that it was real.

When I lived in China seeing a baby of no more than 2 years old on the back of their parent's moped - no baby seat, no safety harness, just plain sitting on the back 3 inches of a single-person seat and held there only by their tiny grip on their parent's coat - was a daily occurrence. We're talking 60kmph in rush hour traffic. Once you see poo poo like that your conception of what parents view as the acceptable range of the safety threshold for their own flesh and blood gets recalibrated.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

bike tory posted:

Toddlers aren't that dumb,

Have you seen a toddler? Mine thinks she can jump over a fire truck, they are dumb as hell.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Yeah, part of what makes them toddlers in the first place is that they will absolutely kill themselves if you don't have an eye on them.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
The perspective on the dam in the background does not at all match the angle of the camera towards the ground, so I stopped worrying after a second or so

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sound required:

https://i.imgur.com/n1Am6XZ.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
At least for me, becoming a parent has made so many things like movies or a video like this incredibly cringe worthy or hard to watch.

Your empathy heightens to new levels and all you do is imagine your own child in that situation and you have this natural instinct to protect your child go nuts EVEN THOUGH you know it is all fake. At least mine does. My wife is the same way.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Have you seen a toddler? Mine thinks she can jump over a fire truck, they are dumb as hell.

Yeah they have really poor judgement so like I said, could definitely see a toddler walking along a ledge like that. But they do still have some self preservation instinct. That kid was both disinterested and unconcerned, is what I mean. Even my dumbass 2yo would be clutching that railing tight, even if he thought it was a good idea to lean over and have a better look.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

dialhforhero posted:

At least for me, becoming a parent has made so many things like movies or a video like this incredibly cringe worthy or hard to watch.

Your empathy heightens to new levels and all you do is imagine your own child in that situation and you have this natural instinct to protect your child go nuts EVEN THOUGH you know it is all fake. At least mine does. My wife is the same way.

Yeah, for sure, it's weird as hell. Can't do movies or shows where kids get hurt or abducted either.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I part timed at a daycare for a bit before Covid and it has permanently removed any chill I had around children in parking lots.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's amazing how far CGI has gone in the past 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Nenonen posted:

Yes, this is the man who led the plane crash known as Brexit.

This is the current PM, not Farage. In this picture Johnson has gotten stuck in his truly bizarre zip wire stunt during the 2012 Olympics when he was the mayor of London. It is also symbolic of his leadership in general: all nationalistic flash but no delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hRwnXmdRCo

Until now, it never occurred to me that he wasn't suspended by the helmet