Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's true, video games are against the natural order of things and will stunt your physical, emotional and spiritual growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shipment is no stakes PVP that is super cathartic. I could see winding down with it. it's the dumbest thing ever but it's undeniably fun.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

styls trill epic posted:

How do i yell at people during the race?

left on D-Pad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

Shipment is no stakes PVP that is super cathartic. I could see winding down with it. it's the dumbest thing ever but it's undeniably fun.

the big crime of new cod games is the new maps are invariably worse than shipment/shoot house/Nuketown etc. the real reason we need a mw2 mp remaster is for the loving maps. it's not even a dust 2 problem where people just want to memorize only one map, most of them are just that obnoxiously bad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

John F Bennett posted:

It's true, video games are against the natural order of things and will stunt your physical, emotional and spiritual growth.

good. every one of those things sucks major rear end

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
im gaming like a fool. Just loaded up halo infinite

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Remedy's new game on an OG Xbox One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb-NSZBFowM

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love Infernax, but the water castle is serious loving bullshit. Flying things knocking you into insta-death hazards wasn't fun 30 years ago, it's not fun now. gently caress you, game.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

:thanks:

styls trill epic posted:

enjoy! it's the most fun I've had with halo since 3, maybe ever

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 20, 2022

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

styls trill epic posted:

I say this as someone who hasn't given a poo poo about Halo or its multiplayer since like...Halo 3, it's super fun and multiplayer is a blast.

I've jumped into a bunch of team deathmatch rounds with randos and it's been pretty consistently a great time just running around blasting fools. Halo Good.

Also pretty sure Infinite multiplayer doesn't have voice chat on by default, so there's no 10 year olds yelling slurs at you.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Gamers rise up...

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Im too bad at halo so I had to stop. Back to forza it is......

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

styls trill epic posted:

Gamers rise up...

Gaming ftw, op.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1495412567107276802?t=3JLWd2tLyEmKyBxXbQRYhw&s=19

Cheapest I've seen this.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

That is a ridiculous price. I have gamepass and even am tempted to get it anyway.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Why get something if you have gamepads OP?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

joylessdivision posted:

Also pretty sure Infinite multiplayer doesn't have voice chat on by default, so there's no 10 year olds yelling slurs at you.

Pretty sure it does, and I had the most vile shithead I’ve ever encountered a few weeks ago. Extreme homophobia, the n-word, “88HH” clan tag, and who knows what else after I muted him.

But he was definitely an exception. The few mics I hear are mostly background noise or someone having a mundane conversation with a third party. The majority of people don’t talk at all.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Halo infinite is saying multiplayer is unavailable. please try again later????

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

styls trill epic posted:

Halo infinite is saying multiplayer is unavailable. please try again later????

Fully restart the game (hit start button on the dashboard tile and select quit game). Halo Infinite’s connection to the server doesn’t play nice with Quick Resume. Which is baffling, seems like you’d reeeally want your big name first party game to work with your best next-gen feature!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Nice im getting better. How do I change my armor to be sick looking?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I love Infernax, but the water castle is serious loving bullshit. Flying things knocking you into insta-death hazards wasn't fun 30 years ago, it's not fun now. gently caress you, game.

It's for sure the low point of the game. Turn on infinite jumps and/or invincibility for just that part if you have to, you can always turn them off later and they don't disable achievements or anything.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I've started playing Jedi : Fallen Order, I'm only just past the intro section on the train but I'm having fun! Will continue with it and see what else happens.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I wanted to love Fallen Order, but it went to extraordinary lengths to make me hate it. Ultimately I ended up thinking of it as potentially incredible but mostly very frustrating.

"Dark Souls needs fickle platforming," said no one ever.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

runchild posted:

Pretty sure it does, and I had the most vile shithead I’ve ever encountered a few weeks ago. Extreme homophobia, the n-word, “88HH” clan tag, and who knows what else after I muted him.

But he was definitely an exception. The few mics I hear are mostly background noise or someone having a mundane conversation with a third party. The majority of people don’t talk at all.

TBAG is a banned clan tag but that's okay? What the hell.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Toaster Beef posted:

I wanted to love Fallen Order, but it went to extraordinary lengths to make me hate it. Ultimately I ended up thinking of it as potentially incredible but mostly very frustrating.

"Dark Souls needs fickle platforming," said no one ever.

I'm playing on Story Mode though, because gently caress dying in video games.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

John F Bennett posted:

That's what I ended up doing for the second half of the game, and it's the only thing that kept me playing. I can't say it was a bad experience. There are some awesome moments. But I'll be curious to know what they hammer out for the sequel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

:hai:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I put psychonauts 2 on story mode or invulnerable and it's much more fun that way.

I save all my dying for Call of Duty :sigh:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpiderLink posted:

It's for sure the low point of the game. Turn on infinite jumps and/or invincibility for just that part if you have to, you can always turn them off later and they don't disable achievements or anything.

I completed Infernax, and sadly it seems like the devs decided to lean hard on bullshit insta-death platforming for the second part of the game. The first part was awesome, the boss fights are cool, the 8 bit gore is extremely my poo poo and I like so much of the game, but the bullshit platforming can eat my entire rear end.

Even with three extra lives many of those sections wanted me to put my controller through a wall, because they require very precise platforming, often while dodging enemies and projectiles and pulling off special moves in the air. Your timing off by a split second? You died. Got bad luck? You died. Didn't have precognition and realize that the end of this long platforming section will require you to have a stored horizontal charge ready and you can't charge it when you realize it? You died. Did your controller interpret your up + attack as up diagonal + attack? You died. If you lost all your lives, you restart from your last save point -- and there are no save points inside dungeons.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

I put psychonauts 2 on story mode or invulnerable and it's much more fun that way.

I save all my dying for Call of Duty :sigh:

Excellent. Normalize playing video games on the mode that’s the most fun for you.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Excellent. Normalize playing video games on the mode that’s the most fun for you.

drat straight. As mentioned earlier by SpiderLink, in Infernax you can turn on a bunch of cheat codes at around the halfway point of the game, and you are not penalized for any of those.

Of course the reaction son Steam, Reddit etc were extremely dumb and hostile, but let the manbabies whine.

The reactions are also the same when devs include accessibility options that don't lock out achievements. You'd think "let everyone enjoy games regardless of their circumstances" would be pretty obvious but apparently some people are too fragile to handle such a world.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
You can actually turn them on right away in Infernax, by going into the accessibility options. That'll let you input/enable cheats at every save point.

There were definitely some cheap shots later in the game too, especially in the ultimate good section but playing on casual mode puts a save point in every dungeon so I just ran back and replenished my lives. Probably helped my sanity and enjoyment of the game a good deal. Gonna parcel out the rest of the achievements over the next few days for rewards points!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I was looking for some 360 games that have had both resolution & framerate boosts to check out how that works, and settled on Gears of War: Judgement. Game looks and runs great, I have no idea how I missed this when it came out. I guess in hindsight I felt Gears'ed out around its release date, but revisiting it now it feels great.

I had somehow missed that People Can Fly was heavily involved in its development and it turns Gears into a series of 5-minute score attack levels, each one with its own occasionally goofy twist (shotguns only, slower health regen, dust storm blocking visibility, more special enemies). Anyway, Game Pass is cool, backwards compatability while quadrupling resolution and doubling framerate is cool, and if you want a Gears game that is just nonstop action the whole way through with huge enemy counts, check out Gears: Judgement.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

runchild posted:

Fully restart the game (hit start button on the dashboard tile and select quit game). Halo Infinite’s connection to the server doesn’t play nice with Quick Resume. Which is baffling, seems like you’d reeeally want your big name first party game to work with your best next-gen feature!

You'd think that but the Dev Goon in here (akuma?) and one other dev goon agreed that it is a nightmare scenario of unknown hardware states and thus its infact totally fine that the flagship title of the console does not support a significant feature of the new system that the game is designed to run on!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I love Quick Resume and wish everything supported it and also that it were more stable. It's encouraging that they're actively improving it though.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SpiderLink posted:

I love Quick Resume and wish everything supported it and also that it were more stable. It's encouraging that they're actively improving it though.

Quick Resume has made my Dangaronpa play through possible.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is anyone having problems with Spotify lately? Opening it just hard crashed my XSX which is something no game has done yet

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is anyone having problems with Spotify lately?

Quite a few people have a problem with Spotify lately, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Spotify kinda sucks on anything that isn’t a phone. IME at least