Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Everyone posted:

I think it's more that Murn was seeking validation of his decision. I mean, it's not just suicide. Murn is going to exterminate his entire species through a slow, ugly death by starvation. So he's watching human TV programs with the idea that "These people, this culture really is worth me doing this horrific thing to myself and everyone I ever knew from my homeworld, right?"

That was probably part of it. Yeah, obviously it's not just his death that he's been contemplating, but also his entire species'. But seems to me he also saw the expressing of emotions as a good thing, since he was making a point of practicing it.

pile of brown posted:

The one thing I would have liked to see addressed (and god help me if it was and I missed it) but what was the butterfly life cycle on their planet? They've apparently evolved as intelligent parasites, but also have spacecraft for their nonhosted selves. Were their original hosts intelligent or not? It would be completely insane if they discovered their ability to burrow into a beings brain and access their memories and body and replace the functional brain by happenstance upon reaching earth

Everyone posted:

Well they apparently flew to Earth in tiny butterfly-sized space ships. So whatever hosts they had on their home world probably couldn't survive on Earth.

Who knows, but that cow is probably genetically related to them, since that's the only thing they can eat apparently.

It's possible that in their planet it's not at all taboo to take a meat suit for a ride (sentient or not). So if they ever really had a need for hosts, it was probably long before their industrial revolution equivalent.

Edit: I wonder what the cow eats :catstare:

itry fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Caros posted:

I'm really tripped out at the fact that the opening song is only from 2010 and not actually 80's glam rock.

Anyway, here is an acoustic version of the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFqBLpPiMw

It’s why metal rules. Genres generally never die (there’s even bands still making nu-metal). There’s tons of 80s worship still going on as you can see. Some jokey. Some serious. It’s great.

This came out 2 years ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReoA2sQ1q5E

And the biggest nu-glam Steel Panther are crushing it and take the piss out of things. Great to see live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghqrgj4bvo0

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Everyone posted:

Well they apparently flew to Earth in tiny butterfly-sized space ships.

Which is incredibly wasteful in terms of material. If they got the cow to earth, they could have all travelled the same way.

No wonder their planet had run out of resources.

But, yes, we should believe them when they said they were going to save the earth.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm sure it only exists to foreshadow and familiarise the audience with the design for their arriving during the Monster montage, but it's kinda weird that Peacemaker had a Butterfly spaceship for so long and didn't really mention or show or use it for anything else. Come to think of it, wasn't there a tiny monolith thing too?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Szmitten posted:

I'm sure it only exists to foreshadow and familiarise the audience with the design for their arriving during the Monster montage, but it's kinda weird that Peacemaker had a Butterfly spaceship for so long and didn't really mention or show or use it for anything else. Come to think of it, wasn't there a tiny monolith thing too?
The monolith was the ship. He was holding it after having sex with the wife he tied up and it turned into the ship.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Szmitten posted:

It's kinda on brand for him? Like the first thing he does after killing the first butterfly lady is ransack her apartment and steal all her vinyls. He's basically a Skyrim character. Just looting poo poo all the time for who knows what reason.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The monolith was the ship. He was holding it after having sex with the wife he tied up and it turned into the ship.

I misremembered this entirely.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1495188351191695360

I want all of the Peanuts ones, especially the one with John being held aloft.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Thundercracker posted:

It's kinda on brand for him? Like the first thing he does after killing the first butterfly lady is ransack her apartment and steal all her vinyls. He's basically a Skyrim character. Just looting poo poo all the time for who knows what reason.

The reason being there's no wrong time to rock :rock:

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
this was some unexpectedly good tv. The movie was okay, too, and the scene that Peacemaker gets flashbacks about has some decent acting, which was surprising.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

https://twitter.com/MIKECOLLINS99/status/1495114286020059144

I like that they did the research and found everyone who ever drew or wrote Peacemaker in comics and gave them special thanks.

Joe Gill was the original artist, followed by Pat Boyette.

Slightly puzzed that they didn't include Tod Smith and Pablo Marcos, who drew a 4 issue Peacemaker miniseries in 1988.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

What's really cool is seeing Bill Finger credited and Bob Kane not be. That never happens. I mean, what people think Stan Lee did to Kirby, Ditko, etc., that's what Bob Kane actually did to Finger when it came to Batman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
DId the gag real get posted?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXji_udtNyI

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Which is incredibly wasteful in terms of material. If they got the cow to earth, they could have all travelled the same way.

No wonder their planet had run out of resources.

Unlike humans who never drive a vehicle until it is fully occupied.

Are you saying when we flee Earth, we should put all our eggs into one big space bus basket? And why not use the little teapot sized spaceships we already all have!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Szmitten posted:

I misremembered this entirely.

I just rewatched the first few episodes so I remembered the weird air freshener thing from the apartment morphed into the spaceship, but I hadn't ever noticed the girl with PM and Vig was hostage wife!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I didn't pick up on who she was either, I just thought she was one of the trailer park people and she happened to be down for a threesome with the two idiots blowing poo poo up in the woods :doh:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
That's why she won't come clean to Song later, she likes both of them too much

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Goon face blindness strikes again

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the wildest thing about these is stroma's fake accent doesn't drop even when he fucks up

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

the wildest thing about these is stroma's Andy Samberg impression doesn't drop even when he fucks up

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Goon face blindness strikes again

TBF I wasn't looking at her face :pervert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Caros posted:

I'm really tripped out at the fact that the opening song is only from 2010 and not actually 80's glam rock.

Anyway, here is an acoustic version of the OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFqBLpPiMw

Seriously, I assumed it was some old 80s band I never heard of.

So for season 2… do they go with a bigger and more ridiculous dance number for the intro using the same song, or do a whole new thing that’s equally as stupid and fun?

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Its peacemaker and vigilante doing a tandem gymnastics routine in leotards that match their costumes

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Peacemaker, Vigilante and Economos bang a bunch of hot chicks while dolphins do beer bongs in a corvette

Chekhov's collage

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Blockhouse posted:

the wildest thing about these is stroma's fake accent doesn't drop even when he fucks up

He's also 35 and he normally speaks with a native British accent, his sociopathic geek suburban kid accent is pretty much spot on and he plays someone who's presumably in his late teens / early 20s quite convincingly, he had me fooled into thinking he was maybe 21-22

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Binary Badger posted:

He's also 35 and he normally speaks with a native British accent, his sociopathic geek suburban kid accent is pretty much spot on and he plays someone who's presumably in his late teens / early 20s quite convincingly, he had me fooled into thinking he was maybe 21-22

Vigilante was palling around with Peacemaker before the latter went to prison so I think we can assume the character is in his late twenties at the youngest. He’s just a very enthusiastic sociopath who’s emotional and mental maturity are trapped in adolescence.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
he's a great send up of superboy or Buckley or Robin. you don't have to overthink it. him being too old for it makes it funnier.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

pile of brown posted:

Its peacemaker and vigilante doing a tandem gymnastics routine in leotards that match their costumes

*ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A

Comedy option:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK98jx7gw7w

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MokBa posted:

Vigilante was palling around with Peacemaker before the latter went to prison so I think we can assume the character is in his late twenties at the youngest. He’s just a very enthusiastic sociopath who’s emotional and mental maturity are trapped in adolescence.

and physical maturity as well, he started puberty in his 20s

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

MokBa posted:

Vig is a very particular type of sociopath. Killing people for the sake of expedience shows that he lacks the empathy required to value life. Conversely, we also see him go from suggesting to murder the veterinarians to be instantly concerned that they not be hurt by tying them up with tape. Vigilante doesn't value life, but he doesn't value or see the necessity for cruelty. That's a very important detail.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The way Gunn put it on twitter, that Vig has a knack for just looking at someone and instinctively figuring out how to kill them without consciously even realizing it, really makes me think that has a definite impact on his mentality

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Astro7x posted:

So for season 2… do they go with a bigger and more ridiculous dance number for the intro using the same song, or do a whole new thing that’s equally as stupid and fun?

For season 2 they should have the superhero plot play out during the opening credits and have the entire rest of the episode be a coordinated dance number

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

The way Gunn put it on twitter, that Vig has a knack for just looking at someone and instinctively figuring out how to kill them without consciously even realizing it, really makes me think that has a definite impact on his mentality

It puts another spin on his "white power smackdown." Vigilante doesn't really care that much about racism (as witness his "Oriental" remark) but he has no trouble exploiting the racism of others as the weakness that it is.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Everyone posted:

It puts another spin on his "white power smackdown." Vigilante doesn't really care that much about racism (as witness his "Oriental" remark) but he has no trouble exploiting the racism of others as the weakness that it is.

He cares enough to suggest Chris get a black friend because people think he's racist, and Andrian feels like that makes him look racist by osmosis. When he mostly kills white people. He also constantly brings up how the White Dragon is super racist and deserves a bullet.

The Oriental thing is just up there with his birds comment on him being a moron.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MokBa posted:

Don't forget being a Aqua fan

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So we're all agreed, PM and Vig will probably sleep together next season, no woman involved.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

MokBa posted:

They say he's in his mid 30s when they look up his prison record.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

So we're all agreed, PM and Vig will probably sleep together next season, no woman involved.

They probably did it before, but S2 just makes it official.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The_Doctor posted:

I mean, they're bi, they can still have a woman there and have sex with each other and her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Okay so I picked up that Peacemaker was bi when his dad said ‘and MEN’ during his monologue and read an article about it, but did I miss something in the show where they explicitly said anything about that?

i am a moron fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 21, 2022