Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Lol Yugioh was always bad, I love this stupid gently caress game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Lol Yugioh was always bad, I love this stupid gently caress game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It owns a lot tbh. Hell of a lot cheaper than playing Vintage

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
There are three stages in recognition of Yu-Gi-Oh quality:

1. I'm playing this game at a basic pick-up level and it seems cool and interesting.

2. I've played this game enough to know it's broken and terrible, and so it sucks.

3. I've played this game enough to know it's broken and terrible, and that's fantastic.

Incidentally, these are the same three states that apply to playing a lot of early RPGs.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I miss not being so aware of how business economics and decisions affect the game, that cards may for some reason take years or never even make it over to the tcg, how banlists won't happen until enough of the problem cards sell, etc. That really takes the fun out of a lot of things.

I smashed through another chain burn player this morning and yelled "gently caress Yeah!" though so it still is some fun.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cleretic posted:

There are three stages in recognition of Yu-Gi-Oh quality:

1. I'm playing this game at a basic pick-up level and it seems cool and interesting.

2. I've played this game enough to know it's broken and terrible, and so it sucks.

3. I've played this game enough to know it's broken and terrible, and that's fantastic.

Incidentally, these are the same three states that apply to playing a lot of early RPGs.

My biggest problem with yugioh is my inability to move from step 2 to 3. :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yugioh being broken and terrible is awful because it really gives you the feeling of being a late-season over-the-top anime character.

Dibs on being the popular female character who finally gets her big showcase duel and pulls off a huge play only to get fuckin' destroyed because the writers hate women. :v:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Vandar posted:

Yugioh being broken and terrible is awful because it really gives you the feeling of being a late-season over-the-top anime character.

I'm confused, doesn't that make it good?

Vandar posted:

Dibs on being the popular female character who finally gets her big showcase duel and pulls off a huge play only to get fuckin' destroyed because the writers hate women. :v:

One of the decks I wanna build once Master Duel gets updated with new cards is Marincess, so I can relate. :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every game I win by just making utopia double and running over whatever they left on board because they didn't account for a 10k+ monster streamrolling them makes me feel really cool but like kind of a scumbag, cause it's just so easy. Scumbag feelings increase in direct proportion to the number of ZWs I put on utopia before I go in swinging.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dabir posted:

Every game I win by just making utopia double and running over whatever they left on board because they didn't account for a 10k+ monster streamrolling them makes me feel really cool but like kind of a scumbag, cause it's just so easy. Scumbag feelings increase in direct proportion to the number of ZWs I put on utopia before I go in swinging.

This happened to me once and i merely spun it into the deck with great magnus and then they quit

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vandar posted:

I'm trying to figure out what level of duelist I am in this with my Kozmo deck. I feel like I'm one of the mid-season one-off enemies that gives the main character some problems but ultimately is never seen after the two, maybe three-parter.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

King of Solomon posted:

I'm confused, doesn't that make it good?

Fuckin' autocorrect.

AWESOME. That should be AWESOME.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I'm trying to figure out what level of duelist I am in this with my Kozmo deck. I feel like I'm one of the mid-season one-off enemies that gives the main character some problems but ultimately is never seen after the two, maybe three-parter.

You can be our Lorenzo!

https://twitter.com/Talchyr/status/945597969553793026

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This guy kicks rear end lmao

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

This guy kicks rear end lmao

Lorenzowns.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I want master duel to limit pot of desires to 1 purely bc i feel like poo poo whenever i draw 2 of them but cant justify cutting to 1 bc its a very good extension tool in super quants even tho sometimes i banish all three copies of a quant and just lose

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

god i wish i could shuffle like that it'd make card games so much more efficient

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm more impressed at Jaden's ability to somehow fan his whole deck with one hand

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm more impressed at Jaden's ability to somehow fan his whole deck with one hand

Must be one of the powers Yubel gives him. :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bro what do you think they learn in dueling school

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My True Draco deck would definitely make me a one off antagonist whose entire deck is designed to create some sort of really obnoxious board state, interjecting with an increasingly over the top "Not so fast!' whenever the protagonist tries to do something, only to finally lose to some bizarre asspull move that forces me to finally admit that the game is more fun if both players can play their cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can me and my Shaddolls be the female villain who's really cool but only exists for the love interest to actually get a win against, because her ridiculous fluffy deck is my Achilles heel?

Edit: And during the duel, we have a conversation that's supposed to imply or provide fuel for the protagonist x love interest ship, but just ends up sounding incredibly homoerotic instead.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 20, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm like Weavil, who plays bugs dragonmaids because I think they're cool and cute. v:shobon:v

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Happy to be the hero of justice who the protagonist fights over a big misunderstanding but then we become friends while i only show up in background shots for the entire rest of the series

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I think my current ranked deck just makes me this “Soulburner” guy, who as a non-anime-watcher I know nothing about

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm the comic relief guy who plays the dinosaur deck to get owned by low level villains of the week before getting 1/2 a duel where I get to actually do something.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Zore posted:

I'm the comic relief guy who plays the dinosaur deck to get owned by low level villains of the week before getting 1/2 a duel where I get to actually do something.

Do you have DINO DNA?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vandar posted:

Do you have DINO DNA?

would I have the RIGHT to play dinosaurs if I didn't???

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i'm the member of the evil group of duelists who has the flashing 'will turncoat to help the protagonists and then get sent to the shadow realm or whatever halfway through the season' neon sign above my head :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dinosaurs kinda own now

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i'm a sevens side-character. i have an inexplicably food-themed deck and i am integral to the plot

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Dinosaurs kinda own now

We're quickly approaching the five-year anniversary of the Dinosaur structure deck. It's kind of nuts how long-lasting that deck has been.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dabir posted:

Dinosaurs kinda own now

Yeah, my Dino deck carried me up to Plat 1 pretty easily and has been doing pretty well with some minor tweaks for the XYZ event.

Its just so expensive in terms of URs.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

This video leaves out the REAL best part of this duel: after getting his deck shuffled, Jaden's turn starts... and he draws Neos anyway.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can't tell if I want to be the creepy zombie guy or jacked earth machines guy. Can I be both? Wait.. Big guy plus creepy? Ahhh nooo I'm not the Archfiend guy from GX, noooooo.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

serefin99 posted:

This video leaves out the REAL best part of this duel: after getting his deck shuffled, Jaden's turn starts... and he draws Neos anyway.

Heart of the cards, baby!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Jaden's superpower is the ability to draw whatever he needs. This is explicitly text within GX and there's a first season episode entirely about how he trains to do it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I assumed that was every protagonists power. Yugi could do it through the puzzle, Jaden mastered it with the golden eggwich stealing Tarzan boy that could blindly pick the right card through a waterfall.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

yugioh exists in a world in which luck is a stat you can grind by flipping coins for 4 hours a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I assumed that was every protagonists power. Yugi could do it through the puzzle, Jaden mastered it with the golden eggwich stealing Tarzan boy that could blindly pick the right card through a waterfall.

After GX the protagonists mostly start to get the ability to manifest completely new cards during a duel which takes it a hilarious level beyond.