Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asklan
Feb 10, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

While i agree with your point, do you know of anywhere that you can actually discuss vtubers? The reddit is run by the company that deletes any dissenting comments, 4chan is full of incels, discords are always full of coomers. I don't think there is anywhere you can actually talk about them.
Have you tried introducing your real life friends and acquaintances who are already into anime to your subhobby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

CJ posted:

While i agree with your point, do you know of anywhere that you can actually discuss vtubers? The reddit is run by the company that deletes any dissenting comments, 4chan is full of incels, discords are always full of coomers. I don't think there is anywhere you can actually talk about them.

the discords are full of coomers and theres zero chance theyre in the thread too lol

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Asklan posted:

Have you tried introducing your real life friends and acquaintances who are already into anime to your subhobby?

I do, i'm just wondering where this fabled better place to post is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What's with people talking about "Coomers"? I don't understand what Steve Coogan fans have to do with vtubers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What's with people talking about "Coomers"? I don't understand what Steve Coogan fans have to do with vtubers.

his current role is playing jimmy saville...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a routine thing with people like larry and the qcs throng, they wind themselves up and need to manifest devils satisfactory enough for their purges. The recent thread was not bad, people had general discussion and posted clips, occasional weirdos and shitposters got probated. but that won't stop them from taking every bad faith read they can and deeming every poster there (and usually adtrw in general) sexual predators or some poo poo

Asklan posted:

whose parachute are you

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
i think we should ban the people that constantly cause problems for other users but i guess that's why i'm not a mod

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Jose posted:

its very funny imo that bringing the thread back has ended in the predictable way it was always going to because goons can't not be gross nerds

I don't think it's fair to call FYAD posters nerds.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CJ posted:

I do, i'm just wondering where this fabled better place to post is.

The SA thread was actually the most level-headed place to talk about vtubers in the whole web. It's one of those "makes you think" things.

There is no El Dorado.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jose posted:

his current role is playing jimmy saville...

You mean he's playing him on TV right :ohdear:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Yeah I'm wondering this too. What the gently caress is a "coomer"?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's not a coincidence the QCS thread was made after people started threadshitting and got takes to repost in bad faith, instead of, you know, when the thread was created, soon thereafter or even after they found out about it; if they were really that worried about pedophiles

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 20, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Infected posted:

I don't think it's fair to call FYAD posters nerds.
Let's be fair, it's not just fyad, it's imp zone and cspam posters too.

In reality the thread could never be good enough for them because they inherently reject the concept. It just required a bunch of them stirring poo poo enough and then pointing to the smear and claiming it was there to begin with, and then monsterenvy walked in and did a looney toons banana peel slip right into the middle of it

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

You mean he's playing him on TV right :ohdear:

I looked it up and yeah https://deadline.com/2021/09/steve-coogan-sex-offender-jimmy-savile-bbc-one-drama-1234844604/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Do I have a weird and questionable hobby that has lots of unfortunate implications either real or easily-imagined? Nah, it's the other posters who are wrong.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I don't think that guy is necessarily a pedophile but it's funny to let that go without so much as a "brother, can you not right now" and grudge-probe larry and synthy while calling them stuff like "a two-faced roach"

what melodrama

Larry did need to be probed tbh. He was accusing people of made-up poo poo and people need to be called out when they do that.

Asklan posted:

In fairness, searching those kinds of terms doesn't seem to pull up much indicating superchat addiction is an openly acknowledged problem in the community. Goons are extremely bad with money in less precarious circumstances so it's probably fair to speculate if everyone's minimally aware enough not to talk about it, but that's not the behavior on display from what I'm seeing.

Are you trying to imply that there's some kind of unspoken invisible addiction problem in vtube threads that makes them still not okay at all because you got called out for making up the poo poo you accused them of before and you're just not ready to leave the fight without getting some last dumb parting-shot out?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Do I have a weird and questionable hobby that has lots of unfortunate implications either real or easily-imagined? Nah, it's the other posters who are wrong.

Stop talking about yourself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

please make your argument not in the manner of a simpsons quote

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a routine thing with people like larry and the qcs throng, they wind themselves up and need to manifest devils satisfactory enough for their purges. The recent thread was not bad, people had general discussion and posted clips, occasional weirdos and shitposters got probated. but that won't stop them from taking every bad faith read they can and deeming every poster there (and usually adtrw in general) sexual predators or some poo poo

This. Which is why someone needs to start probing the bad-faith QCS posters too.

We don't want to probe people for reporting things in QCS. We want people to feel encouraged to report problems and to be believed and to not have to fear retribution for doing so, but there is a line and there are lovely people that are gonna cross that line and abuse the system, and we need to take a firm stance and probate those people when they do that.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Honestly jay z's sedan probably needs to be perma'd for this post, since this is basically a false pedophile accusation.

jay z's sedan posted:

They're jerking off to anime children. They know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. They deserve to be made fun of and probably also be in prison. Everyone should be making fun of them at all times, at a bare minimum. Going into the thread and making fun of these freaks should not be punishable in any way. Defending this poo poo is loving disgusting. Case closed.

some plague rats needs to get hit with a probe for saying the 'r' word in the OP of that thread at the bare minimum, and probably a second longer one after that for stirring up poo poo in QCS on purpose.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 20, 2022

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Shere posted:

Find somewhere to talk about things you like other than old dead forums full of joyless people wasting away their 40's desperately trying to be as funny as dril.

The intent of posts like that is to upset you and getting upset by it means you're FYAD content now, congrats. They're not here to argue in good faith, they're here to bully people on the internet like it's 2005 again and they haven't started balding yet.

Baal did a good job but that thread isn't possible on these forums.

Yeah pretty much. I don’t think the vtuber thread is an argument worth having the second time around but it sucks watching people i know who have to put up with the harassment and worse yet, people i know who think it’s funny or earned. It’s insane that people actually think just letting fyad run a thread for inciting harassment on the thread instead of letting Baal handle it was earned. It’s gross when I look at the thread and it’s just lovely jokes about how vtubers are actually men and the disabled one is faking it for money and all their fans are jacking off. Just terrible senseless poo poo in zero good faith.

Silver lining is anyone who leaves the site will never have to deal with it again since these sad people on the dead comedy subforum don’t actually matter, so to anyone who leaves like Baal I wish them best of luck in life.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

FYAD should’ve stayed dead.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

An ADTRW mod just stepped down, and this is the mod feedback thread!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!!

*every dramamonger from every grey forum, FYAD-lite, and offsite comes in with everything for a HUGE party*

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Space Flower posted:

Yeah pretty much. I don’t think the vtuber thread is an argument worth having the second time around but it sucks watching people i know who have to put up with the harassment and worse yet, people i know who think it’s funny or earned. It’s insane that people actually think just letting fyad run a thread for inciting harassment on the thread instead of letting Baal handle it was earned. It’s gross when I look at the thread and it’s just lovely jokes about how vtubers are actually men and the disabled one is faking it for money and all their fans are jacking off. Just terrible senseless poo poo in zero good faith.

I actually sympathized with FYAD when the trans thread fallout happened but now I'm having second thoughts.

Space Flower posted:

Silver lining is anyone who leaves the site will never have to deal with it again since these sad people on the dead comedy subforum don’t actually matter, so to anyone who leaves like Baal I wish them best of luck in life.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. FYAD has a way of following people off the forums and making them suffer irl too.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

I. M. Gei posted:

I actually sympathized with FYAD when the trans thread fallout happened but now I'm having second thoughts.

yeah now that its about your favorite thread suddenly its a big deal right

Sybot
Nov 8, 2009
It's possible to have discussions about vtubers without it turning to poo poo, it just needs a strong hand by mods. There's another forum I'm on that has a vtuber thread that's never spawned any drama that I've been aware of, and that's probably because the forum has strict anti-NSFW policies so the creeps are kept out.

Captain Baal was doing a decent job, it's a shame to see him go.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Lol at all the people melting down over the vtuber thread.

Here's my genuine mod feedback, for mods: if fyad has a mock thread going on about a specific thread/community it's not entirely without reason and there's some funny poo poo going on. Restrain your creeps/socially oblivious goons that post stuff like "most of us are not attracted to Children" and ensure people make reasonably normal posts for like 5 consecutive days, and ignore the drive-by trolls instead of punishing them which only riles up the mockery and will eventually lead to a "Free X" QCS thread that will attract even more eyes.

Do not, under any circumstances, do the exact opposite of the advice above. It played out the same way with the low carb thread 10+ years ago, and it'll play out the same way now.

Asklan
Feb 10, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

I. M. Gei posted:

Are you trying to imply that there's some kind of unspoken invisible addiction problem in vtube threads that makes them still not okay at all
The opposite, I didn't want to imply it must certainly not be a problem based on a couple terms I searched and a handful of posts. I was essentially agreeing that part of Larry's post was glib.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah I'm sure the FYAD mock thread full of posts making fun of a disabled streamer and saying she was faking it had some good points.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I. M. Gei posted:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. FYAD has a way of following people off the forums and making them suffer irl too.

arguing against making heinous accusations and then turning around and making one yourself is not a good look

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I honestly thought they were gonna crack down since they changed out both the thread and the mod, but he was still really lenient on people like grouchio and monsterenvy. I bailed on the thread when people started posting about breast pumps and no probations went out

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
IM Gei please just quit arguing about this stupid poo poo

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

FYAD being full of lovely people shouldn’t be news to anyone though, why are you surprised? Just make fun of them right back, no one ever seems to

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lots of fail posts itt

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

lol

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Shere posted:

Yeah I'm sure the FYAD mock thread full of posts making fun of a disabled streamer and saying she was faking it had some good points.

The problem was people couldn't post clips of her they had to write paragraphs of what she was capable of eating. They're not your friends, they dont know who you are and they're never ever going to gently caress you.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Shere posted:

it's you that is being mocked. there are few places where consuming media of a large-breasted, baby-talking cartoon would not be met with scorn. streamers who convince people to give them cash money to say their name in a baby voice have my admiration.

I. M. Gei posted:

you're a lying sack of poo poo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The thread is gone and not coming back so I don't really know why y'all insist on relitigating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Let em fight