Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asklan
Feb 10, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

DoubleDonut posted:

The thread is gone and not coming back so I don't really know why y'all insist on relitigating it
Do you imagine VTubing is the absolute nadir of anime culture? Who knows what we'll be making QCS threads over in seven years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

lol it's just that repeated bad-faith poo poo about how everyone in the vtuber thread just wants to gently caress the streamers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
tbh the people yelling about the vtuber thread are the most tedious qcs posters who come out to bay about what a bad job the mods are doing once a month no matter the topic, and have just repeatedly said "everyone was constantly posting creepily" over and over without showing any examples so I have to assume it's all made up but ALSO moderating it sounds like such a nightmare that I don't blame any mod who just wants to wash their hands of it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Asklan posted:

Do you imagine VTubing is the absolute nadir of anime culture? Who knows what we'll be making QCS threads over in seven years.

This isn’t qcs

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

lol it's just that repeated bad-faith poo poo about how everyone in the vtuber thread just wants to gently caress the streamers.

Most of them did not but some of them definitely did.

That doesn't justify all the other poo poo but it was still gross and it never got handled and it got the people who spend their time baying for the blood of other posters a big old target to hit which I honestly can't blame them for jumping at. So here we are.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
everyone who is actually seriously angry over whether a thread about anime streamers exists or not should probably step back, relax, and do something else with their day

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

love to post normal, and do the normal posting habits of f5ing a thread full of people i hate posting about a thing i hate, getting all my friends to come post the same normal thing at those people with me, and the very normal posting habit of making posts to scream at administration whenever a single solitary thing goes a way i don't want

here comes that normal fyad gang postin again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WoegLPrgg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dig up, stupid

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

pretend i quoted monsterenvy nd that guy who bloom got killed for making fun of

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Wonder which adtrw mod will be outed as a pedo next

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am just kind of sad all this mess ruined things for Baal.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

dunno, but that None guy is pretty sus

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Orange DeviI posted:

Isn't it more logical to out the pedo first and *then* make them a mod? Streamline the process.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Rather have Baal here than 80% of the rest of this site.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the vtuber thread was scary and it wasnt becasue of the trolls lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Orange DeviI posted:

you

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

While we look for a permanent solution, I will be watching over the anime sub. I'm gonna be pretty hands off except for silly slap fights. Also we will not be bringing the vtuber thread back in any form, so there's no need to relitigate and argue about it here.

None of the admin team thinks that everyone who posts about VTubers are pedos. Our position is that a lot of the vtubers are pedobait and that the sexualization of children is disgusting. We feel that whole industry is a minefield and that goons in general can't help but step on every mine.

I gave this example in the mod forum last time this blew up. I love JPOP. But with that comes idols and idol culture. That poo poo has the tendency to be exploitive and the fandom seem to can't help but to be gross. As much as I want to talk about the latest Perfume single or Momoiro Clover Z concert tour, I don't trust the online fandom to talk about it without being gross, so I don't want to see it on SA.

There's a whole internet out there to discuss vtubers, the anime sub on something awful is not one of them.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

your avatar seems strangely appropriate with vaguely distrusting look :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think Baal was doing a pretty good job and hope Baal reconsiders their resignation and perma-request.

Seems a little unfair that there's just no repercussions for people to repeatedly brigade one part of the forum from another part of the forum.

e: shortened.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fluffdaddy posted:

While we look for a permanent solution, I will be watching over the anime sub. I'm gonna be pretty hands off except for silly slap fights. Also we will not be bringing the vtuber thread back in any form, so there's no need to relitigate and argue about it here.

None of the admin team thinks that everyone who posts about VTubers are pedos. Our position is that a lot of the vtubers are pedobait and that the sexualization of children is disgusting. We feel that whole industry is a minefield and that goons in general can't help but step on every mine.

I gave this example in the mod forum last time this blew up. I love JPOP. But with that comes idols and idol culture. That poo poo has the tendency to be exploitive and the fandom seem to can't help but to be gross. As much as I want to talk about the latest Perfume single or Momoiro Clover Z concert tour, I don't trust the online fandom to talk about it without being gross, so I don't want to see it on SA.

There's a whole internet out there to discuss vtubers, the anime sub on something awful is not one of them.

Legit question are perfume still idols when they’re in their late 30s and probably moms? I always thought it was a amateur vs professional thing for a long time but I can’t say I e actually thought about it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

I'm still going to be talking about vtubers, and idols, sorry. Do you listen to Dempagumi.inc btw

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think Baal was doing a pretty good job and hope Baal reconsiders their resignation and perma-request.

Seems a little unfair that there's just no repercussions for people to repeatedly brigade one part of the forum from another part of the forum.

Seconded on both counts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Snail has personally destroyed the last two adtrw mods and his sights are now set on fluffdaddy

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Legit question are perfume still idols when they’re in their late 30s and probably moms? I always thought it was a amateur vs professional thing for a long time but I can’t say I e actually thought about it

They aren't really idols and yea all of them are near 30. Same with momoiro clover all being like 27 or whatever.

When I was in college I was really into morning musume and those og members are pushing 40.. but the point being current Morning Musume or AKB or whomever being really young, the internet can't talk about them without a few veering into FBI watch list status, so I would rather just not see it here, just like vtubers.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Someone start the kpop thread

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The center of Dempagumi.inc (Mirin Furukawa), is a year older than me, is married to the guy that drew Saiki K and also was off all last year on maternity leave. And shes definitely an idol. thread closed.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Raenir Salazar posted:

David Graeber posted:

Bullying creates a moral drama in which the manner of the victim’s reaction to an act of aggression can be used as retrospective justification for the original act of aggression itself.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Namtab posted:

Someone start the kpop thread

Done.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936421&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

homeless snail posted:

I'm still going to be talking about vtubers, and idols, sorry. Do you listen to Dempagumi.inc btw

I don't. I should, but I am currently on a defunct group kick like Country Girls, Cute, etc.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Raenir Salazar posted:

did you not see the laundry list of people threadbanned/probated/banned during the """brigading"""

to say that trolls dont pay the toll for epicly pwning people being into the admin verified "pedobait" vtuber internet culture is very false

if anything those posters shouldve been rewarded

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

starbarry clock posted:

admin verified "pedobait"

As we've seen at least one admin is very knowledgeable about what constitutes pedobait.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

starbarry clock posted:

did you not see the laundry list of people threadbanned/probated/banned during the """brigading"""

to say that trolls dont pay the toll for epicly pwning people being into the admin verified "pedobait" vtuber internet culture is very false

Tbf it was like the same 4 coming back every 2 days to eat another probe

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

Snail has personally destroyed the last two adtrw mods and his sights are now set on fluffdaddy

Is this the death snail? Because that means Fluffdaddy has a million$ to spend! :ninja:

Fluffdaddy posted:

As a point of clarification will it be okay to post vtuber adjacent content in the relevant threads? I had originally asked Baal but I imagine I should ask you, I've been having a project for the past month of where I've in preparation for a dungeons and dragons campaign I've been commissioning art for the prominent NPCs and as eastereggs they're basically references to vtubers but redesigned as fantasy rpg characters. When I'm done I was hoping to share the results in the anime art thread; would that still be fine? Baal's explanation was that as long as I avoided turning the thread into discussing vtubers it would be fine, would this still be the case?

I really wanted to share it when I was done with my fellow anime goons :ohdear:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

starbarry clock posted:

If the Vtuber threads are such poo poo, and I think we're all in agreement that they are, why credit anyone who ran into them to smear it all over themselves?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

If the Vtuber threads are such poo poo, and I think we're all in agreement that they are, why credit anyone who ran into them to smear it all over themselves?

Your analogy would be more apt if it was a bunch of people running around smearing themselves with poo poo and having the people they hang out with off to the side go "wow look at all that poo poo why is that place so lovely?"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is this the death snail? Because that means Fluffdaddy has a million$ to spend! :ninja:

As a point of clarification will it be okay to post vtuber adjacent content in the relevant threads? I had originally asked Baal but I imagine I should ask you, I've been having a project for the past month of where I've in preparation for a dungeons and dragons campaign I've been commissioning art for the prominent NPCs and as eastereggs they're basically references to vtubers but redesigned as fantasy rpg characters. When I'm done I was hoping to share the results in the anime art thread; would that still be fine? Baal's explanation was that as long as I avoided turning the thread into discussing vtubers it would be fine, would this still be the case?

If you post it in tabletop games then it’s that mod’s problem

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I would rather leave Vtuber and vtuber adjacent stuff off the sub for the time being.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

stop obsessing over vtubers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

stop obsessing over vtubers

Tough, but fair.