Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Free 14 days of crystalline aura: Make a char on any EU-West server and log in for 3 days to get the 3 day login reward :v:. Make sure to skip the prologue and then just play the intro for a few mins until you get to Prideholme so you have access to a mailbox so you can grab it. The crystalline aura buff is applied account wide so you will be able to use it on whatever server you do play on.

e: not even 100% sure if you need to get to prideholme or if you can just receive it through regular mail ui. I just went there anyways to be safe.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Infinity Gaia posted:

I will use every card and also spend my random free crystals to increase my card storage and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. I'm still mad that I've gotten a grand total of three legendary packs so far and I got Thirain from two of them. I feel like if I could get an Armin card it would complete like 12 sets...

I got 2 and both were Thirain. Game's rigged.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

always wanted an MMO Diablo and the gameplay looks solid even if the writing and quests look like dogshit

what server are goons piling on for us west while i wait on auth?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is it worthwhile to upgrade the starter ship (Estoque) ? I think I upgraded it once but now am gated by basic timber, which can only be attained from pirate coins (?) and that apparently comes from island quests I haven't gotten around to yet.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Wheeee posted:

what server are goons piling on for us west while i wait on auth?

Mari

TeaJay posted:

Is it worthwhile to upgrade the starter ship (Estoque) ? I think I upgraded it once but now am gated by basic timber, which can only be attained from pirate coins (?) and that apparently comes from island quests I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yes. It's a solid ship and will cover everything you need.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Gunlancer looked pretty fun from one interrupting Chromanium with taunts. A class to consider powerpassing if I feel like it, for sure.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Razeam posted:

Gunlancer looked pretty fun from one interrupting Chromanium with taunts. A class to consider powerpassing if I feel like it, for sure.

Gunlancer was my first powerpass and I think I made the right decision. It's so slow and would've been a pain for the 1-50 compared to my scrapper, but it's so drat good for the endgame activities.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Still haven't given them any money but I'm 60 hours deep since games like this do something to me in a bad way...

I think I made a pretty good F2P move:

1000 gold -> 450 Blue Crystals on the AH, bought Hermida's Boat Skin from the F4 shop for 420 blue crystals. Now I have a fast boat that presses spacebar for me!

Also the boat outside East Luterra sells gear for the good boat (the first one), including crew members! Sail in style.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What are the best spots to level tradeskills? I've been ignoring them up to now and I'm almost out of materials for research

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

QuantaStarFire posted:

What are the best spots to level tradeskills? I've been ignoring them up to now and I'm almost out of materials for research
It felt like the earlier areas like West Luterra had better density of nodes, but gave the same amount of exp as any other node of the same type.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Free 14 days of crystalline aura: Make a char on any EU-West server and log in for 3 days to get the 3 day login reward :v:. Make sure to skip the prologue and then just play the intro for a few mins until you get to Prideholme so you have access to a mailbox so you can grab it. The crystalline aura buff is applied account wide so you will be able to use it on whatever server you do play on.

e: not even 100% sure if you need to get to prideholme or if you can just receive it through regular mail ui. I just went there anyways to be safe.

i hope you get banned

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

QuantaStarFire posted:

For mining/herbing go to West Luterra > Medrick Monastery > Freyad Lake triport, head just a little southwest and there's a great little loop you can reset by changing instances. Or you can just wander the whole outdoors portion of the map, other people are defnitely aware of this area so sometimes there's competition for nodes.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

TeaJay posted:

So basically the situation on EU servers is that matchmaking simply doesn't work (or works like 10% of the time), even with set parties. So no endgame stuff, dungeons, anything. So far I haven't heard any official word on the devs on the situation, but the longer this keeps up, the more players quit frustrated and will not return.

I've been having fun leveling up (hit 50 in Midgar recently) but what do I have to look forward to if there's no group content? Just grind drops solo? It's been like this for almost a week now, and opening a new region doesn't really help unless they're gonna offer server transfers (which I understand they have said are impossible as of now).

Last night on Thirain it was pretty bad too. But then I grouped with goons from the guild and we all moved to the same channel in the same area to launch a guardian raid. Before that the queue had failed liked 10+ times. But once we were bunched together it worked for the next 2 guardian raids as well as the abyss dungeons with only 2 misfirings.

Ofc this is no help when using the auto matchmaker, but when you have enough guildies to play with it's a nice workaround.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 20, 2022

SubMerged
Jan 14, 2003

SALT POTATOES

love cal, dave, and jordi
which server for east coast?
attempting to auth on discord

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Razeam posted:

It definitely is but give me this opportunity to paint the image in your mind of the rando gunlancer who spams taunt every time yoho is doing any attack that gives you the damage buff

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The art for these pants makes me laugh because it looks like a mockup someone whipped up and they forgot to replace it with the real one. None of the other gear I've found has shown the legs and basically looks like some lacey underwear

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

Depends on the tradeskill. Fishing can be done anywhere with fishing spots no problem. For logging, foraging and mining, Lullaby Island is a safe place with a lot of nodes. Hunting, just murder every rabbit you see. Don't know about excavation, haven't bothered with it much.

explosivo posted:

The art for these pants makes me laugh because it looks like a mockup someone whipped up and they forgot to replace it with the real one. None of the other gear I've found has shown the legs and basically looks like some lacey underwear

Who wears short shorts?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Who wears short shorts?

Most of the female characters in this game. Everyone else is either in briefs or those weird one-legged pants.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

SubMerged posted:

which server for east coast?
attempting to auth on discord

Una

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Depends on the tradeskill. Fishing can be done anywhere with fishing spots no problem. For logging, foraging and mining, Lullaby Island is a safe place with a lot of nodes. Hunting, just murder every rabbit you see. Don't know about excavation, haven't bothered with it much.

I haven’t done excavating much either but the cave that unlocks at stronghold level 10 seems really good for it (along with hunting and fishing) since all you have to do is loot jars instead of hunting for artifacts with sonar and digging for them

I might be missing something that makes it less desirable than doing it in the open world

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's the best use for these Island Tokens?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

rap music posted:

I haven’t done excavating much either but the cave that unlocks at stronghold level 10 seems really good for it (along with hunting and fishing) since all you have to do is loot jars instead of hunting for artifacts with sonar and digging for them

I might be missing something that makes it less desirable than doing it in the open world

It gives different materials, but if all you care about is levels it's probably fine? I also don't think you can get world tree leaves from stronghold gathering, if you care.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

explosivo posted:

What's the best use for these Island Tokens?

All the collectibles just reward you at certain thresholds when you turn them in at a specific places. Just take your island tokens to Opher and click anything that lights up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

admanb posted:

All the collectibles just reward you at certain thresholds when you turn them in at a specific places. Just take your island tokens to Opher and click anything that lights up.

Oh nice, I thought I had to trade them in and start again from 0 but that makes more sense considering there's only like 90 tokens or something.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I lucked out with honing to 600 and wow, the voice acting for this first Yorn bit is something else.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of VO, how was the English VO for the tournament announcer? The Korean VO for that dude was :discourse:

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

QuantaStarFire posted:

Speaking of VO, how was the English VO for the tournament announcer? The Korean VO for that dude was :discourse:

One of the few bits of VA I enjoyed, reminded me of the announcer from DBZ

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

hit 576 item level kinda getting burnt out. I thought id be most attracted to the pvp but it seems no one is trying hard in the arena

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The street fighter quest line was pretty awesome. I’m glad I did it.

Now I am working on getting all of the trade skills up to level 10 and hunting is a huge slog.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I had my first instance of a DPS spamming BARD PLZ HEAL PLZ STOP ATTACKING at me all through a dungeon. felt like old times

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wow... I have seen good dungeon design, raid encounters, etc... but Phanton Castle is among the best. God drat. Well done smilegate!!

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

The game is way too straight forward for my tastes. Everything you're ever going to get is literally mapped out for you. The gear progression is just extremely unsatisfying.

I guess the most enjoyable part of the game is the initial island hopping. You finally feel like you're actually exploring a world. Then you slowly realize you're doing the exact same "g" mashing you were doing from 1 to 50.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Elephunk posted:

Still haven't given them any money but I'm 60 hours deep since games like this do something to me in a bad way...

I think I made a pretty good F2P move:

1000 gold -> 450 Blue Crystals on the AH, bought Hermida's Boat Skin from the F4 shop for 420 blue crystals. Now I have a fast boat that presses spacebar for me!

Also the boat outside East Luterra sells gear for the good boat (the first one), including crew members! Sail in style.

Wait the boat skins do that?! drat, I am jumping on this bandwagon. I somehow have like 1600 gold already just from doing like 3 abyss raids across 2 weeks.

I also dropped a skin chest from one of my daily chaos dungeons that was worth like 3k gold apparently but I already ate it. So if anyone is unhappy with the number of non cash shop skins, keep an eye out on the MB as more of those enter the economy.

e: Here the chestpiece is on male gunner btw:

The chaos-dungeon drop set is called Edge Observer. Pretty expensive right now but I bet as more people start reaching 50 and doing their daily chaos runs it will get a lot cheaper and more common

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 20, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

hit 576 item level kinda getting burnt out. I thought id be most attracted to the pvp but it seems no one is trying hard in the arena

tbf apparently there’s a bug right now that resets your mmr when you log out (my win count goes back to 0) which is doing silly things to matchmaking

i know i’ll be taking it more seriously once my pve progression starts to slow down, but there are lots of shiny things to click at the moment

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I want to enjoy this game, but I'm running into an infuriating graphical issue that makes it impossible to play for longer than 20 mins or so:

Everything is just so...blurry. I understand muddy textures, but it seems like the whole game is out of focus. Almost like it's running at a very low resolution and scaling it up. This isn't too bad for the 3D part, but the UI text is unreadable. It's so blurry that I get eye strain trying to read it. I have seen streamers play the game and it looks super crisp and nice for them.

I play on a 21:9 GSYNC monitor, with Windows 11 HDR mode enabled, Nvidia 2080ti with the latest drivers. I have tried disabling GSYNC, HDR, etc, but nothing seems to work. It looks the same in fullscreen and borderless windowed. All ingame settings are maxed. The dynamic performance slider is set to maximum quality.

I found some people having issues with AMD cards not applying sharpening correctly, but I don't have an AMD card so I've hit a dead end. Anyone else experience this?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

forbidden dialectics posted:

I want to enjoy this game, but I'm running into an infuriating graphical issue that makes it impossible to play for longer than 20 mins or so:

Everything is just so...blurry. I understand muddy textures, but it seems like the whole game is out of focus. Almost like it's running at a very low resolution and scaling it up. This isn't too bad for the 3D part, but the UI text is unreadable. It's so blurry that I get eye strain trying to read it. I have seen streamers play the game and it looks super crisp and nice for them.

I play on a 21:9 GSYNC monitor, with Windows 11 HDR mode enabled, Nvidia 2080ti with the latest drivers. I have tried disabling GSYNC, HDR, etc, but nothing seems to work. It looks the same in fullscreen and borderless windowed. All ingame settings are maxed. The dynamic performance slider is set to maximum quality.

I found some people having issues with AMD cards not applying sharpening correctly, but I don't have an AMD card so I've hit a dead end. Anyone else experience this?

Can you take a screenshot of your graphic settings in-game?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

e: wrong thread

jokes fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 21, 2022

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Numberwang!!! posted:

The game is way too straight forward for my tastes. Everything you're ever going to get is literally mapped out for you. The gear progression is just extremely unsatisfying.

FF14 is even more straigh forward, with every quest target a pool of enemies in pve missions a circle where 2 or 3 enemies spawn.
I trough it was bad design but allowed FF14 to focus on other stuff, mostly building a lot of cool characters and stories.

I believe LA want to be a numbers game where you are given clear data because you are supposed to balance your time /rewards, and search for the most efficient way to reach whatever goal you have set for yourself, that will always be a "numbers go big" goal. That don't anoy me personally, because theres enough outside of that making it worth playing.

The game is going to grown with activities over time, trying to be a "everyone game" having stuff anyone may like. But just now is dominated by a race to cap or race to softcaps that is somewhat suicidal and a time commitement too large for most people except a handfull.

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 20, 2022

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Well it might be due to your slow hard drive since this Unreal engine game uses texture streaming, so you end up seeing major pop in when it's slow at loading the huge jpegs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Well it might be due to your slow hard drive since this Unreal engine game uses texture streaming, so you end up seeing major pop in when it's slow at loading the huge jpegs

That was my thought as well, that maybe it was that. LA uses Unreal Engine 3, which at this point is pretty outdated, and struggles even on SSDs, it's just a very old game engine now that isn't modern at all. Hopefully someday LA can be ported to UE5.