Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Lostconfused posted:

I already forgot about Don Cherry after he got cancelled.

wait till I blow your mind and mention that Don Cherry's Sport Grill still has 16 locations in Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Pierre Trudeau finished ahead of the guy who discovered insulin

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tbf coach's corner was still going strong and there was a lot of propaganda running on the same network at the time about how great PET was.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

thunderspanks posted:

wait till I blow your mind and mention that Don Cherry's Sport Grill still has 16 locations in Canada.

does he still? they renamed the one around here after the scandal, though only by throwing a banner over the sign

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Banting may have saved countless lives but he never hotwifed so :thumbsdown:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

1) lol, these are the people the left is supposed to stand with

2) lol nice 🇺🇦, Coyne

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Was this posted yet? So good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsWLAjQHXqI

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Christman thinks Cherry is the only Canadian who could be Trump here, which is what our Yank media consuming chuds desperately want.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
on the one hand, Don Cherry is 88 years old and has advanced brain worms, but on the other hand, Don Cherry is 88 years old and has advanced brain worms

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I was a little skeptical of his age, but age is just a number and if you think about it geritontocracy is really the way of the future in politics.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ilmucche posted:

Canada already has the tea party and they very cool and good

canada had a mid-low level tea party staffer as prime minister for a decade

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Christman thinks Cherry is the only Canadian who could be Trump here, which is what our Yank media consuming chuds desperately want.
love that boy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Rob Ford was also Trump before Trump was even a national political figure.

Americans are like babies

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Now I wanna see Trump on crack

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

There is nothing patronizing about my posts. Watching all of this stuff going down is note for note reliving the trump experience here in america. Yall gonna see a right wing lunge from whatever your conservative party is like you wouldn't believe, I promise you.

:ironicat:

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
American neo Nazis are more of a melting pot, whereas Canadian neo Nazis are more of a collage

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/CaptCanuck6/status/1495526422173077505?t=MRfab2GhPHsDS0xtyz9f8A&s=19

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Asproigerosis posted:

There is nothing patronizing about my posts. Watching all of this stuff going down is note for note reliving the trump experience here in america. Yall gonna see a right wing lunge from whatever your conservative party is like you wouldn't believe, I promise you.

Frankly I don't know why Canadians are being so defensive about their own homegrown domestic terrorists and that america doesn't influence everything at all times when many of the protestors are screaming about their first amendment rights and carrying confederate flags... I assure you it's ok to accept that the dumbest Canadians around were tricked and gaslit to take up the mantle of a truly awful reactionary astroturfed movement. America loving sucks my dudes.

We already have the People's Party. Either they overtake the CPC completely or get absorbed back into the fold.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Frosted Flake posted:

where did he say this? lol

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

where did he say this? lol

latest ep of the Bottlemen podcast

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god
can someone post the fox news chiron with the truckers demands including “getting rid of inflammatory rhetoric”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Asproigerosis posted:

Frankly I don't know why Canadians are being so defensive about their own homegrown domestic terrorists and that america doesn't influence everything at all times when many of the protestors are screaming about their first amendment rights and carrying confederate flags... I assure you it's ok to accept that the dumbest Canadians around were tricked and gaslit to take up the mantle of a truly awful reactionary astroturfed movement. America loving sucks my dudes.

"I'm not patronizing!!!!"

*posts a super patronizing post*

do you honestly think people in canada aren't as intimately familiar with the trump presidency as you are? because the news here covers everything that happens in america just as breathlessly as the lovely news in the states

like it's fine to come in and ask questions, i've learned stuff from this thread, but coming in and acting like you're some font of knowledge is annoying as gently caress and you're making the thread worse when you do it

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

I know I keep posting photos to the city twitter because then it opens a ticket and eventually someone needs to do something about it. Like thanks for the sidewalk plowing you actually do do once in a while folks but if this poo poo keeps happening then it's all for nothing anyways.

sidewalks are for plebians you're supposed to be in car

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
No need to be so defensive just trying to extoll my American grace with some neighbors.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

No need to be so defensive just trying to extoll my American grace with some neighbors.

I’ll back you up bud only because we go into all the American threads and say sanctimonious poo poo all the time.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

Not gonna lie, I kind of have a soft spot for Trudeau Sr. At least he was a charismatic personality who wasn't afraid of trying to get some kind of independence for Canada from the US. Probably the best Canadian Prime Minister (not a high bar to clear though).

His son is a total dork in comparison.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

i just posted "death to america" so you're good :)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I’ll back you up bud only because we go into all the American threads and say sanctimonious poo poo all the time.

it's just as annoying there, too

at least that dude is just being condescending versus hypocritical like most canadians do

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Asproigerosis posted:

I assure you it's ok to accept that the dumbest Canadians around were tricked and gaslit to take up the mantle of a truly awful reactionary astroturfed movement. America loving sucks my dudes.

On the contrary that’s the one assurance that I have that’s going to ease me though the paranoia for the next while. That the small number of Canadians and the tiny number of Ottawa citizens in the protest are probably only extremely loving stupid. And not also trying to actively poo poo where they sleep.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Karach posted:

American neo Nazis are more of a melting pot, whereas Canadian neo Nazis are more of a collage

Cultural prosaic

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Bilirubin posted:

Now I wanna see Trump on crack

i was really hoping manic bisexual trump was going to end up being permanent tbh, shoulda never stopped giving him those steroids or whatever it was

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

flakeloaf posted:

Cultural prosaic

ah gently caress, it's cultural mosaic

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Imagine if those truckers did something not cringe like transform into a Gundam

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol just read that "Horse Grandma" is only 49 years old

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

thunderspanks posted:

Appointed senator who gets to sit at that appointment until the age of 75 calls Ottawa residents spoiled
https://twitter.com/WaytowichNeil/status/1495367654193840129

lol he's trashed

the few times I've been to Ottawa I realized the only semblance of a nightlife is mostly senators getting lit before going to bed at 9pm

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

what you've done is brilliant because while i'd say 95% of the posters here dislike our country especially its national identity as being entirely defined in relation to being better than america, you've managed to make most us reflexively defensive about our country whenever you compare our politics to american politics

it owns, carry on

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

you americans will be shocked to learn cbc held a greatest canadian contest and the racist hockey coach/commentator finished seventh, ahead of the racist first prime minister and the inventor of the telephone.

i would've voted for the guy that telegraphed STAY AWAY, PEACE OUT before being vaporized along with half a city

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw-FbwmzPKo

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

canada is its own country with a rich and memorable culture and history, which is why we need the canadian heritage minutes to remind everyone of all those things we're well known for

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Here's a Canadian heritage minute for you

https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1485915705899950086

quote:

Mr. Haqmal – a former Canadian military translator, who escaped the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan by fleeing to Ukraine.

Upon arrival in Kyiv, Mr. Haqmal and his extended family – which may soon grow to 13, as his wife, Waranga, is five months pregnant – were given 15-day visas. The expectation was that they would soon travel on to Canada.

Instead, they have spent the past five months tangled in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada red tape.

One hundred and 50 days after their arrival in Kyiv, the Haqmals are still living in a trio of hotel rooms paid for by The Globe while they wait for IRCC to process their case.

Airlifting out of Afghanistan only to dump them into Ukraine as US is about to stir up another warscare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

blatman posted:

canada is its own country with a rich and memorable culture and history, which is why we need the canadian heritage minutes to remind everyone of all those things we're well known for

don't you dare disparage them

General Hammond of Texas *waves over head* was in one of them