Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mikl posted:

And over two hundred grandchildren, according to a previous strip.

Please pay no mind to the implication as to the effects of a population of human-sized creatures growing hundred-fold in numbers over two generations would have on ecology, society, politics, and pretty much everything else.
Holborook sure doesn't. Hell, Living in trees is a local fad, there's still cities with skyscrapers and poo poo. And, you know, cars that run on gasoline, and all the associated industries. But the comic still tries to poo poo on our earth for polluting and such. despite having all the same technology.

Congrats Kudlick now you're down in the list as "was answered by a human".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

I can apparently still sight-read music just barely well enough to confirm that the tune is what I guessed.

Mikl posted:

Please pay no mind to the implication as to the effects of a population of human-sized creatures growing hundred-fold in numbers over two generations would have on ecology, society, politics, and pretty much everything else.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

FoxTrot

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mikl posted:

Zereth posted:

Holborook sure doesn't.

You see, the cannibalism is ecological, actually.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Nostalgamus posted:

I'm having a hard time deciding if my favorite is the multiwrench or the horner.

Power-whisk or gtfo

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

The Bloop posted:

The nonsense wall of tools is entirely fascistic

No cow tools though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Fighting Trousers posted:

Power-whisk or gtfo

Ah, the de-constipator.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fuckin' tabloids, my granddaughter only murdered 75% as many people as they say she did!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Calvin's classmates yelling at him in unison but instead of "BATS AREN'T BUGS" it's "RABBITS ARE RODENTS"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A young woman who she worked with died suddenly right in front of her what's the big deal?
Oh ho ho ho Ed, you card!

F Minus

Zombies are freshly dead and kill to eat, mummies are old dead and kill because of a curse or whatever, skeletons are animated by magic to serve an evil wizard or something.

Or that's what I assume about skeletons. Now that I think about it that's the one with the least lore that I'm aware of.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

A little creepy, Walker.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Murdstone posted:

Or that's what I assume about skeletons. Now that I think about it that's the one with the least lore that I'm aware of.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not pictured: dozens of Bandar frantically relaying a hundred work costumes back & forth from Skull Cave

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Surely we’re not getting a “Toby is seduced by a student” story in Mary Worth now? The Wilbur fakeouts have got me so jangled that I don’t what a realistic expectation is any more.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Something I forgot is that Karen Moy also has a thing for relationships with big age differences. I know Toby and Ian precede her stint as a writer but she's had like, four different story lines of a younger person trying to seduce a character or a character trying to seduce an older person.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

John Allison posted:

I’m sorry for how many male nipples there turned out to be in this story. Actually, I’m not sorry at all. I’m never sorry, I just pretend I am sometimes. There’s a bonus comic tomorrow. You can decide for yourself whether it feels like a bonus or ballast.

I like how this whole story apparently was a setup for why Tim refers to Ljubjana as his cousin in her only prior appearance.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

After class:

"You like it? It's very generous."

edit: timg'ed for :nws: purposes

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Zereth posted:

oh god Tinkerson's Dad don't do that

You assume it’s the first time. That’s just more coffee flavor.

:getin:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Surely we’re not getting a “Toby is seduced by a student” story in Mary Worth now? The Wilbur fakeouts have got me so jangled that I don’t what a realistic expectation is any more.

Also, didn't we already get a storyline in recent years where Ian had a student become infatuated with him? So did Moy forget that this has been done, or is it going to be a case of turnabout being fair play?

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 20, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Schwarzwald posted:

You see, the cannibalism is ecological, actually.

Ethical and Moral too, as long as your seeing it from the protagonist pov.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Also, didn't we already get a storyline in recent years where Ian had a student become infatuated with him? So did Moy forget that this has been done, or is it going to be a case of turnabout being fair play?
There was Jannie back in 2019 who pretended to be infatuated with him thinking he would automatically give her a good grade, so she didn't bother turning in an assignment and when he failed her she blew up at him.

She was also known for vaping.

Edit: There have been several May-December relationships (or the appearance of) in recent MW years. We got Wilbur with his Brazilian con artist, Ian and Jannie, Iris and Zak, and Dawn and the doctor she worked for are all some off the top of my head.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 20, 2022

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

LOL at that fancy cigarette holder, wow. I had somehow managed to forget the detail about how she was just trying to butter him up for a good grade.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Dawn and the doctor was the worst one because the problem wasn't that he was her boss, it was that he was lying about divorcing his wife.

I mean, that's obviously a problem, but both things are bad.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

ChaCha Chako

Night Visitors

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Hwurmp posted:

Calvin's classmates yelling at him in unison but instead of "BATS AREN'T BUGS" it's "RABBITS ARE RODENTS"

Is that the joke, because rabbit's aren't rodents

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if rabbits aren't rodents then explain the gills

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Giant Ethicist posted:

Night Visitors

Rice-stuffed squid sounds amazing, drat.

Axa

Hahaha, Matt you loving dumbass.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: La Machine

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

catlord posted:

Rice-stuffed squid sounds amazing, drat.

It’s pretty dang good! https://cookingwithdog.com/recipe/ikameshi/

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I am missing something obvious here, I'm sure.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
It's a walking tour of the walking tour

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

Dolly's usually such a snitch Billy would have been found out even if he could keep a straight face

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

LOL at that fancy cigarette holder, wow. I had somehow managed to forget the detail about how she was just trying to butter him up for a good grade.

is that what that is? I had assumed it was a vape drawn by an old person who doesn't know how vaping works

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powerful Katrinka posted:

It's a walking tour of the walking tour

Well, there you go.

Thanks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's a walking walking tour tour, just like the sign says

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Is that the joke, because rabbit's aren't rodents

I had to look this up a little while ago when (iirc) a K+K comic said or implied that rabbits were rodents. Apparently they used to be, until they were moved to the order Lagomorpha...in 1912.

When your whole thing is "animal has characteristic", you should at least try to get the characteristics right!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
[wearily] aren't rabbits deeply involved in government, maybe they changed their own status

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

were they moved to an already-described order or did they make up a new order to describe them because they decided rodents wasn't quite right for them?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (February 21 and 16, 1975 (in that order))

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire (which only does reruns of older dailies on Sundays, so that's the explanation for that if you ever needed one.)

Thimble Theater (September 21, 1938)

And that's where I duck out for the moment, cos I hit the wrong button like a goober.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

you broke my grill posted:

were they moved to an already-described order or did they make up a new order to describe them because they decided rodents wasn't quite right for them?

The latter, apparently! Rabbits, hares, and pikas have two pairs of upper incisors rather than one (as rodents do). Lagomorpha and Rodentia are still sister groups and make up a single clade, though.