Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

i had to save before talking to any npc because it was basically a 50/50 on whether or not it would crash. there were a couple of times i forgot and lost like an hour of progress for daring to check the shop. if i was extra lucky the only thing it would do is this

like honestly i think the switch version should be actually illegal to sell. the nicest thing you can say about it is that it's technically beatable

lol drat, maybe I won't get back to it. I have it on computer but got it cheap for switch like a month ago because I wanted to replay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)

The last game I'll ever preorder. It shows some promise when you're plowing through hordes of goblins, but they managed to gently caress up the engine bad enough that the game isn't salvageable. Larger enemies like the giants or trolls also break up the flow of combat a bit too much.

It takes 2-3 seconds just to open the pause menu or the character screen, and it gets much worse with multiplayer even after 8 or so patches to address this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

absolutely anything posted:

i had to save before talking to any npc because it was basically a 50/50 on whether or not it would crash. there were a couple of times i forgot and lost like an hour of progress for daring to check the shop. if i was extra lucky the only thing it would do is this

like honestly i think the switch version should be actually illegal to sell. the nicest thing you can say about it is that it's technically beatable

Seethe as we like to say on the over-50.qanon and freedom convoy supporters of ranchp cucamonga facebook grou

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Seethe as we like to say on the over-50.qanon and freedom convoy supporters of ranchp cucamonga facebook grou

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like Miriam's big boobies.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
Beat castlevania 3 alucard route, doing sypha route now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

Beat castlevania 3 alucard route, doing sypha route now

you should get in on the game clubs (see Imp Zone subforum index)

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Vadun posted:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)

The last game I'll ever preorder. It shows some promise when you're plowing through hordes of goblins, but they managed to gently caress up the engine bad enough that the game isn't salvageable. Larger enemies like the giants or trolls also break up the flow of combat a bit too much.

It takes 2-3 seconds just to open the pause menu or the character screen, and it gets much worse with multiplayer even after 8 or so patches to address this.

is this the port of the original or the new one which is d&d dark alliance

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

mycophobia posted:

you should get in on the game clubs (see Imp Zone subforum index)

if i had ninja gaiden 3 i would be

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

John Romero posted:

is this the port of the original or the new one which is d&d dark alliance

The new one. It's rough

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

if i had ninja gaiden 3 i would be

get and everdrive

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

get and everdrive

This.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Zelda the Oracle of Seasons -- pretty good except for some of the music. none of the rings i picked up were any good

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

get and everdrive

And you should get "and" clue.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human

Finally finished DHS after starting on it in Jan, then giving up on it for a while due to the frequent, frequent crashes. I think I ended up getting the best/most peaceful ending for everyone, overall.
Wasn't too bad, but I preferred Beyond: Two Souls, which I played late last year. And yeah, the crashes were a real pain. If you're gonna play this, I'd do it on console - apparently it's just the PC version that suffers from this issue.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ninja gaiden iii (us) - new climbing mechanics were fun but the feel is weirdly off compared to the first two games. stages looked sick, especially late game. lots of bullshit enemy placements, i may play through JP version to see how different it is and for the game club trophy.

ninja gaiden iii (jp) - 1cc - trivially easy compared to US version

tmfc fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 20, 2022

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Still working on some postgame stuff but I became the Hoenn Pokémon Champion and got credits on Pokémon Alpha Sapphire this morning. Final team was Swampert, Mightyena, Breloom, Manectric, Azelf, and a Spinda that I thought was basically just a wasted slot that I was just bringing along for the hell of it but she actually got a pretty good number of KOs against the Elite 4.

I had a really good time with this one, I skipped generations 3 and 4 originally so it was basically all new to me. The new Pokémon were great and some of them rank among my favorites, Team Aqua were fun villains (their goal barely makes any sense but their designs are cool and a lot of their dialogue from both bosses and regular grunts made me laugh), and there was a ton of charm in the NPCs and their dialogue. My only real complaint is that the Hoenn setting itself isn’t really very distinctive in my opinion, I feel like I can recall the maps and towns of the first two generations that I played when I was a kid with more clarity than this one that I’m playing right now. Looking forward to trying out Gen 4 after clearing some of the postgame content.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
delta episode pwns

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Know by Heart...

Nice enough. Pretty, good music. Interesting story, though hardly engaging as a game. Crashed like, 2 or 3 times when transitioning to the next scene.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon. Not quite as good as the first but still a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing number 3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

1. dungeon encounters. game owns. just pure jrpg dungeon crawl. dying is excruciating and enemies can really gently caress you up so youre always on your toes.

more weird little projects like this from square please

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

1. dungeon encounters. game owns. just pure jrpg dungeon crawl. dying is excruciating and enemies can really gently caress you up so youre always on your toes.

more weird little projects like this from square please

Between this and the two Voice of Cards games within like 6 months it seems like square Enix is starting to make a habit of just throwing some pocket change at a creator to make a cool little low-budget project, I hope other companies start following suit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Between this and the two Voice of Cards games within like 6 months it seems like square Enix is starting to make a habit of just throwing some pocket change at a creator to make a cool little low-budget project, I hope other companies start following suit

wtf i didnt even know there was another voice of cards and its already out lmao. 2022 is jrpg paradise

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

DMC5, the 2nd half was some good poo poo. wonderful game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
not a game beat since ive already done so multiple times but due to previous chat in the thread i just spent a few hours blasting thru bloodstained nightmare mode 100% at extremely high speeds obliterating all enemies. thank u imp zone

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1495585799898681344

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ninja gaiden 3 (jp)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ninja gayden three

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

great ace attorney chronicles. the first game was kind of boring until the last case and even that wasnt great but the second game completely kicked rear end top to bottom. definitely worth playin. i wish it just didn't take 20 hours to get good but the second game is 100% worth it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Pocky & Rocky 2
Ninja Ryuuken Den III - Yomi no Hakobune

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

7. Doom II on Ultraviolence. Had some of my favorite maps I've played and some of the worst piles ever. Had an absolute blast with it and love pretty much all the new enemies even the huge pains in the rear end like archviles and pain elementals. Immediately opened up doom builder and a tutorial to get into some amateur level crafting. Doom ftw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - Fantastic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Ninja Gaiden 3 (jp)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

7) Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (JP and US)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade + Intermission DLC. Dare I challenge Weiss, the Immaculate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no, don't do it. it's too hard. give up