Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Lostconfused posted:

Putin's filth must be scoured with a cleansing fire of war.

Do it Biden, do it for Corn Pop, come on man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Brogeoisie posted:

So David Martin is clearly being fed a line from CIA and natsec Pentagon types. Like, these guys usually have offices in same building right by the press secretary (cia, fbi, doj, pentagon, white house, etc all have their own press secretary).

So he is mouthpiece for US propaganda. What is the reason why US keeps putting this poo poo at front of the news cycle? Like I don't loving get it.

maybe they really don't want an invasion and and they think saying "putin is going to do X" over and over again will make putin not want to do X?

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
Deleted

the other hand has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Oct 31, 2022

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Brogeoisie posted:

So David Martin is clearly being fed a line from CIA and natsec Pentagon types. Like, these guys usually have offices in same building right by the press secretary (cia, fbi, doj, pentagon, white house, etc all have their own press secretary).

So he is mouthpiece for US propaganda. What is the reason why US keeps putting this poo poo at front of the news cycle? Like I don't loving get it.

Biden wants to score political capital. If Putin invades he thinks his polll numbers will go up for predicting exactly what will happen. If Putin does not invade he thinks poll numbers will go up because he made Putin back down. So whatever happens he comes out on top. Before others chime in with "but that doesn't really work today, it won't matter, Biden would have to be extremely out of touch with the reality of american politics for that to be his thinking" just remember we're talking about a guy who's been a politician for longer than most of us have been alive.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

imagine preferring war with a different country over inconveniencing a couple lovely senators from two poo poo hole states to pass a badly needed infrastructure bill that would do more to save your approval ratings lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The only invasion going on here is in the gangtag approval que.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Sinteres posted:

It's a reference to 2014. I think it's kind of a dumb semantic game, but it's not actually wrong.

lol are you workshopping material for your Netflix special?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Centrist Committee posted:

lol are you workshopping material for your Netflix special?

Yes

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Sinteres posted:

It's a reference to 2014. I think it's kind of a dumb semantic game, but it's not actually wrong.

lol wtf?

It's just manufacturing consent to chicken the gently caress out and pretend he won a fight that never happened. Technically correct or not.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1495587887928295425

The orders don't mean a invasion is a certainty, as Russian President Vladimir Putin could still change the orders if he changes his mind, the official said.

lolllll

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

in a just world the cia, cnn and wapo would be dissolved and the management executed for egging on a war

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Why does Hulk Hogan continue to oppose the Alliance to End Hulkamania

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

i say swears online posted:

in a just world the cia, cnn and wapo would be dissolved and the management executed for egging on a war

hey

hey

that's hosed up

you left out the nyt

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

Why does Hulk Hogan continue to oppose the Alliance to End Hulkamania

The ultimate warrior keeps sniffing and inhaling threateningly

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

lol wtf?

It's just manufacturing consent to chicken the gently caress out and pretend he won a fight that never happened. Technically correct or not.

Nobody's counting that as validating their contention that Russia is going to invade unless something new happens, when I say it's a semantic game I just mean Washington's using the awkward phrasing to acknowledge the previous invasion they're currently sanctioning Russia over. It's just one of those dumb things like homicide bomber or whatever that American political people decide is more correct in some sense even though it sounds crazy to everyone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's the 21st in Ukraine right? I guess that means they're all clear and safe from the looming invasion that was supposed to be before that!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1495587887928295425

The orders don't mean a invasion is a certainty, as Russian President Vladimir Putin could still change the orders if he changes his mind, the official said.

lolllll

ahh the infamous “simon says” strategy

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
60 minutes did a thing on havana syndrom

https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1495582224494002178

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Grem posted:

Biden wants to score political capital. If Putin invades he thinks his polll numbers will go up for predicting exactly what will happen. If Putin does not invade he thinks poll numbers will go up because he made Putin back down. So whatever happens he comes out on top. Before others chime in with "but that doesn't really work today, it won't matter, Biden would have to be extremely out of touch with the reality of american politics for that to be his thinking" just remember we're talking about a guy who's been a politician for longer than most of us have been alive.

I think its this + competing interests in his administration that other poster mentioned. Basically you have the hawks pushing a narrative via pentagon leaks to push biden to do a John Bolton. Biden probably happy to go along with it because their internal polling probably shows a bump looking at Obama and George w comps lol. It's all flagrantly polling support, like Joe biden playing ww3 chicken to get his poll numbers up sounds insane but then you realize This Is the Democratic party

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Nobody's counting that as validating their contention that Russia is going to invade unless something new happens, when I say it's a semantic game I just mean Washington's using the awkward phrasing to acknowledge the previous invasion they're currently sanctioning Russia over. It's just one of those dumb things like homicide bomber or whatever that American political people decide is more correct in some sense even though it sounds crazy to everyone else.

You know what? I regret saying anything.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
OK now I'm weirded out. This + us moscow embassy propaganda from earlier today feel like targeted US disinformation campaign against Russia. Why would Russia set up concentration camps? They're just trying to make Hitler comparisons.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1495589767962140672?t=FsiYUF4xKw3LIjx1Y1H8fA&s=19

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well, if Russia does invade, they could at least purge the nazis.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hey ive heard this before too, in every warm rural area ive ever been to. can i get free government money now?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I cant ever imagine a US backed and sponsored coups having lists of people or entire populations that are to be killed once they take power.

It's a Chilean-Argentinian-Jakarta Impossibility!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You know what? I regret saying anything.

:same:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

they say the cubans whip out their sonic weapons only once every 17 years. the patience...

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Secretary of State Antony Blinken raised these concerns to the Security Council on February 17, 2022. In particular, he stated that the United States has information that indicates Russia will target specific groups of Ukrainians. At the Human Rights Council, the United States raised concerns about Russia’s plans during the debate on your Office’s periodic report on the situation in Ukraine on December 15, 2021

Ah well, good thing is that they've haven't been wrong about anything for the past two months.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
e:late by like a hundred people
rip :10bux:

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Feb 21, 2022

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

How long until we get a new york times article with "evidence" COVID was created in a Russian lab

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
man the americans been going ham on a maximalist policy of total subservience to DC or you loving die in the last few years. maidan, the soft coup in brazil, crippling sanctions on iran/cuba/venezuela, completely destroyed syria, starving afghan and yemeni kids to death, loving up australia's relations with its main trading partner, throwing a spanner in the works of the EU-china trade deal, and now this latest bullshit which is clearly an attempt to dismantle nordstrom and hammer russia into the ground. are they winning yet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so I guess now the insanity is that Russia will do a false flag IN RUSSIA to blame on Ukraine, so look forward to the very smart war people saying that any day now Russia will blow up its own capital or whatever

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

so I guess now the insanity is that Russia will do a false flag IN RUSSIA to blame on Ukraine, so look forward to the very smart war people saying that any day now Russia will blow up its own capital or whatever

they already are

someone in the bad thread started referencing the 99 apartment bombing

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mila kunis posted:

man the americans been going ham on a maximalist policy of total subservience to DC or you loving die in the last few years. maidan, the soft coup in brazil, crippling sanctions on iran/cuba/venezuela, completely destroyed syria, starving afghan and yemeni kids to death, loving up australia's relations with its main trading partner, throwing a spanner in the works of the EU-china trade deal, and now this latest bullshit which is clearly an attempt to dismantle nordstrom and hammer russia into the ground. are they winning yet

trump was right, i AM tired of winning

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

liberal qanon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good comparison

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fart simpson posted:

:siren:

good news everyone, i can give out this gang tag now

supposedly i can get like 10-15 of these approved, so if you want one quote this post and it’s first come first served and ill get as many in as i can

hope im not too late for this

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

indigi posted:

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1495580172120170496

“further invade”

so now we’re just going to pretend they already did it

ACTUALLY russia invaded ukraine eight years ago and u r a tankie for acting like invasion hype was ever referring to anything else

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Brogeoisie posted:

OK now I'm weirded out. This + us moscow embassy propaganda from earlier today feel like targeted US disinformation campaign against Russia. Why would Russia set up concentration camps? They're just trying to make Hitler comparisons.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1495589767962140672?t=FsiYUF4xKw3LIjx1Y1H8fA&s=19

lol did they do that in 2014?

Rich that that people who love Bandera are accusing Russia of having Generalplan Ost on file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Lol i hope it's real