Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

forbidden dialectics posted:

I want to enjoy this game, but I'm running into an infuriating graphical issue that makes it impossible to play for longer than 20 mins or so:

Everything is just so...blurry. I understand muddy textures, but it seems like the whole game is out of focus. Almost like it's running at a very low resolution and scaling it up. This isn't too bad for the 3D part, but the UI text is unreadable. It's so blurry that I get eye strain trying to read it. I have seen streamers play the game and it looks super crisp and nice for them.

I play on a 21:9 GSYNC monitor, with Windows 11 HDR mode enabled, Nvidia 2080ti with the latest drivers. I have tried disabling GSYNC, HDR, etc, but nothing seems to work. It looks the same in fullscreen and borderless windowed. All ingame settings are maxed. The dynamic performance slider is set to maximum quality.

I found some people having issues with AMD cards not applying sharpening correctly, but I don't have an AMD card so I've hit a dead end. Anyone else experience this?

the in game AA is very bad so try disabling that and just use your gpu sharpening if you haven’t yet

Dryzen fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I am still really early in the game, but I get these cards periodically, but when I go into the card menu, none of them show up on the left side in the 'sets' in order to put them in my deck. Instead they are showing up on the "books" tab where I can umm... look at them?

I'm kinda confused, but I'm guessing that maybe I need a full 'book' and then that actually becomes a 'card' on the first screen as part of an even larger set?

Is that right, or am I just doing something stupid?

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
I'm playing on HDD and I get the texture streaming too but it goes away a few seconds after loading. Path of Exile used to be way worse for me even on an SSD.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I want to enjoy this game, but I'm running into an infuriating graphical issue that makes it impossible to play for longer than 20 mins or so:

Everything is just so...blurry. I understand muddy textures, but it seems like the whole game is out of focus. Almost like it's running at a very low resolution and scaling it up. This isn't too bad for the 3D part, but the UI text is unreadable. It's so blurry that I get eye strain trying to read it. I have seen streamers play the game and it looks super crisp and nice for them.

I play on a 21:9 GSYNC monitor, with Windows 11 HDR mode enabled, Nvidia 2080ti with the latest drivers. I have tried disabling GSYNC, HDR, etc, but nothing seems to work. It looks the same in fullscreen and borderless windowed. All ingame settings are maxed. The dynamic performance slider is set to maximum quality.

I found some people having issues with AMD cards not applying sharpening correctly, but I don't have an AMD card so I've hit a dead end. Anyone else experience this?

I’m not sure what’s going on here TBH. I’m on a 3080 and the graphics look great and your card is plenty powerful enough for the game.

I’ve also run the game on several iGPUs and it runs and looks pretty drat good.

Maybe it’s a resolution issue? This game doesn’t play nice with some resolutions for some reason. It hates 16:10 that’s for drat sure.

The graphics should be super sharp for you.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020

The Locator posted:

So I am still really early in the game, but I get these cards periodically, but when I go into the card menu, none of them show up on the left side in the 'sets' in order to put them in my deck. Instead they are showing up on the "books" tab where I can umm... look at them?

I'm kinda confused, but I'm guessing that maybe I need a full 'book' and then that actually becomes a 'card' on the first screen as part of an even larger set?

From what I understand the books are just collections and once a book is complete you get a roster-wide passive bonus from it. There's also some stuff about leveling up cards but you shouldn't pay any attention to that for now.

The cards you learned should be there in your card menu. You drag them from the left to the slots in the middle to equip them.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

HungryHungryHobo posted:

From what I understand the books are just collections and once a book is complete you get a roster-wide passive bonus from it. There's also some stuff about leveling up cards but you shouldn't pay any attention to that for now.

The cards you learned should be there in your card menu. You drag them from the left to the slots in the middle to equip them.

Okay, so maybe I'm not actually getting cards, even though the game calls them cards, as they are in the 'book' tab, not the cards tab where you build decks. Like from Prideholm I got Neria and Arwen or something, but they only show up on the books tab.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Locator posted:

All cards are part of one or more book, but only some cards are equippable and part of a set.

Books give you passive always-on stat bonuses for completing them.
Sets give much larger and more significant bonuses, but only when equipped into your 6 card slots.
You have just been unlucky and haven't found any equippable cards yet.

For example, the "Master of the Island" card book includes both Blackfang and Puppa the panda. If completed, it gives a passive +3 bonus to your phys and mag def.

Blackfang is also part of the "Pirate Generation" set alongside some other pirate cards, which gives +100-300% damage to lucky monsters:

But Puppa is not part of any sets -- he's not an equippable card, just a passive collection-boosting one.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 20, 2022

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

All cards are part of a book, but only some cards are equippable and part of a set.

Books give you passive always-on stat bonuses for completing them.
Sets give much larger and more significant bonuses, but only when equipped into your 6 card slots.
You have just been unlucky and haven't found any equippable cards yet.

Ah, okay. Thanks that helps my understanding a lot. Yeah I've gotten I think 7 so far, 2 are duplicates though, and none show up on the card/deck tab.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Elephunk posted:

Still haven't given them any money but I'm 60 hours deep since games like this do something to me in a bad way...

I think I made a pretty good F2P move:

1000 gold -> 450 Blue Crystals on the AH, bought Hermida's Boat Skin from the F4 shop for 420 blue crystals. Now I have a fast boat that presses spacebar for me!

Also the boat outside East Luterra sells gear for the good boat (the first one), including crew members! Sail in style.

Thanks I had no idea that skin was there and it rules. Best use of gems I’ve seen so far

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This game has some annoying bugs. If you disconnect mid qbyssal dungeon you get locked out for the week and can't progress.

Also some questionable decisions. In a game where everything is Auto loot, having to loot guardian bosses sucks. 16 minutes to kill that fox and i zoned out without looting it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

joepinetree posted:

This game has some annoying bugs. If you disconnect mid qbyssal dungeon you get locked out for the week and can't progress.

Also some questionable decisions. In a game where everything is Auto loot, having to loot guardian bosses sucks. 16 minutes to kill that fox and i zoned out without looting it.

You're normally able to disconnect without losing your weekly run. That's a side effect of the EU servers making GBS threads the bed and being generally overloaded iirc.

Amazon support is reportedly saying they can't help you if you get this bug. But players from the RU servers say that when this bug happens to them they're able to contact support about it and they'll get a magic debug ticket in their mail that resets their weekly abyss lockout.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Game is definitely pixelly and blurry as poo poo for anything not in the immediate foreground for me, like when im on a cliff and see mobs moving below. But personally i've been amazed at how well it runs at all, considering my graphics card is a ... checks... NVidia GeForce GT 730, which is a budget card that's almost 8 year old card at this point. I've had no issues with the framerate dropping low really. Altho, the framerate for trash enemies does sometimes drop very low, not sure how the game dynamically alters that but sometimes ill be moving around smoothly while npcs are like sliding at me with like 3 frames of animation

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

rap music posted:

I haven’t done excavating much either but the cave that unlocks at stronghold level 10 seems really good for it (along with hunting and fishing) since all you have to do is loot jars instead of hunting for artifacts with sonar and digging for them

I might be missing something that makes it less desirable than doing it in the open world

I think there's a daily limit on those. They're also bound and use separate recipes.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

Thanks I had no idea that skin was there and it rules. Best use of gems I’ve seen so far

The bonus on this auto fast sail skin is also p good, a 30% proc chance to refill the gauge a tick away from full on each fast sail. I put this skin on my White Wind that has a higher rate of fast sail regen, and it's like auto fast sail half the time.

Also a tip for when putting orders on the price-regulated currency exchange for near instant processing. Don't put an order if there's like 100k+ queued in front of you, wait for the system to bump up the allowed price by one and quickly list at the new price.

e. Oh my god it even picks up flotsam automatically, and has some bonus resists too... What can't this skin do!?

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 21, 2022

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
It feels deeply rude that they charge gold to craft stronghold decorations, especially since afaik I won't get anything from making Stinkbog Castle the prettiest island in the sea. Just make it cost silver or something, come on!

Edit: VV That's good to know!

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 21, 2022

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
You can spend raid tokens to purchase stronghold stuff, but it's just individual pieces rather than what I thought was a recipe

Also, stronghold goals: https://old.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/sx3c6z/my_stronghold/

no idea you could make your characters sit in a chair til now, what a game changer

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The amount of gold it’s costs is pretty trivial as well.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Try turning off the in-game bloom effects option. It was giving me major graphical bugginess, might be your problem too, idk.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

The Locator posted:

Ah, okay. Thanks that helps my understanding a lot. Yeah I've gotten I think 7 so far, 2 are duplicates though, and none show up on the card/deck tab.

The other source of confusion I've seen in this regard is the first time you pick up a card the game is going to give you a "equip cards" task in the newbie journal, which you probably can't do since in all likelihood the first card you get isn't actually equippable.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Indecisive posted:

Game is definitely pixelly and blurry as poo poo for anything not in the immediate foreground for me, like when im on a cliff and see mobs moving below. But personally i've been amazed at how well it runs at all, considering my graphics card is a ... checks... NVidia GeForce GT 730, which is a budget card that's almost 8 year old card at this point. I've had no issues with the framerate dropping low really. Altho, the framerate for trash enemies does sometimes drop very low, not sure how the game dynamically alters that but sometimes ill be moving around smoothly while npcs are like sliding at me with like 3 frames of animation

I've had great visuals and framerates, but the game has this annoying stutter, where the action on screen completely freezes, then picks up again. It "skips" to where I would have been if the screen hadn't frozen. It's persisted over two fresh installations, on a 2070. No idea why, no other game I own does this. It happens constantly too, I have to actually plan around it. It seems, although I'm not 100% sure, to happen when it's drawing new poo poo on the screen, it feels like a video cache swap.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Indecisive posted:

There's a setting that blurs things on different height levels & far away. I forgot what it's called, but it's in the video settings I think.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

For the High Seas Coin chest that let you pick from one of many coins - is there any use for them other then trading for pirate coins? Is there any reason not to pick Sun Coins which trade for the most Pirate Coins?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oxyclean posted:

For the High Seas Coin chest that let you pick from one of many coins - is there any use for them other then trading for pirate coins? Is there any reason not to pick Sun Coins which trade for the most Pirate Coins?

There's two giant hearts and a few emotes that require you to trade in uhh Gienna coins? The first ones.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Oxyclean posted:

Don't convert the coins to pirate coins unless you 100% know what you want to buy with it and its more important than what you get from the Ginnea coins. You can buy giant hearts and a tons of tother things with Gienna coins.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Made a scrapper alt and it’s fun. Nice to not be so squishy and just punch everything in the face

I didn’t know you could keep getting reputation bonuses from dailies on other characters. So you can max out your reputation levels faster running Alta

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Did my first guardian raid, managed a counter (on Deathblade lol) and got MVP, felt good

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Tortolia posted:

The other source of confusion I've seen in this regard is the first time you pick up a card the game is going to give you a "equip cards" task in the newbie journal, which you probably can't do since in all likelihood the first card you get isn't actually equippable.

Yeah, it was what was confusing me.. get a card, given a task for that and.. nope!

Finally got a few cards I can equip, so now I'm good with this, it's really two systems (your deck + books) but they really don't explain that at all.

I originally started a shadowhunter, but never really clicked with me so started a berserker and I like it a lot more, but does seem squishy and I burn through a lot of potions, but that's probably more to do with me being slow reacting and getting caught in obvious tells too often than a class issue. I've been blowing through all the dungeons solo on hard without a problem and then I got to the underwater city dungeon. Man I was unprepared for how long that thing was, and those huge swarms of fast moving critters made it pretty interesting due to the slow wind-up/charge times on lots of my skills, but managed to not die.

Is that dickhead priest ever going to stop interrupting the cool fights to show off his priestly banish the darkness crap? It's getting old... I was handling that stupid boss (and the sandworm outside leading to it) just fine without his annoying meddling...

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
For people with blurry visuals regardless of the game, one thing you should check is whether you have image scaling set to have the monitor handle it. Setting that to have the GPU handle image scaling fixed my blurriness issues, and that took me a while to figure out and drove me insane.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I just failed 4 consecutive times on upgrading a piece of armor and wasted 2,000 mats and I even used 30 pay to win honing crystals.

Really really really loving stupid and makes me want to quit the game even though I paid $100 for the founders pack.

Sorry it's just so loving dumb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taima posted:

I just failed 4 consecutive times on upgrading a piece of armor and wasted 2,000 mats and I even used 30 pay to win honing crystals.

Really really really loving stupid and makes me want to quit the game even though I paid $100 for the founders pack.

Sorry it's just so loving dumb.

Its the only thing about the game I dont like to be honest. I know this is standard koren mmo mechanics but it needs to go now. its 2022.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I just got to the part where you fill up your card library and have to pay more to unlock more space. None of the other systems do this.

I'm struggling to bother as all these types of purchases are just roster/character wide, if they were account wide I would feel much better about it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Honing doesn't seem as bad as BDO or Vindictus but also like, not good at all

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

I just got to the part where you fill up your card library and have to pay more to unlock more space. None of the other systems do this.

I'm struggling to bother as all these types of purchases are just roster/character wide, if they were account wide I would feel much better about it.

It can be unlocked with gold (through conversion) though so you don’t really “pay”.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Its the only thing about the game I dont like to be honest. I know this is standard koren mmo mechanics but it needs to go now. its 2022.

Actually standard kmmo would be more like the item goes *down* in level when you fail an upgrade, or maybe it just is destroyed outright (unless you use the cash shop item protection insurance).

This is relatively merciful as far as korean stuff goes. In my mind it's not that different from doing a WoW raid and welp you didn't get your drop from the boss you needed, except you probably don't have to wait a week to try again in LA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scoss posted:

Actually standard kmmo would be more like the item goes *down* in level when you fail an upgrade, or maybe it just is destroyed outright (unless you use the cash shop item protection insurance).

This is relatively merciful as far as korean stuff goes. In my mind it's not that different from doing a WoW raid and welp you didn't get your drop from the boss you needed, except you probably don't have to wait a week to try again in LA.

Yeah at least in this your upgrade mats come from Chaos Dungeons, so you just need to wait a day at most, or you can buy the mats in a number of other ways.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

Try turning off the in-game bloom effects option. It was giving me major graphical bugginess, might be your problem too, idk.

Wow, this was it! Thank you!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I am probably going to quit the game. I have gotten to the guardian raids and abyss dungeons, but currently at tier 1, most bosses have a weird quirk that does not feel fun. I like the teamwork mechanics, but most of them have very fast attacks with very little to no tell. I have done them on my main (Paladin) and my alts (Bard and Gunlancer), and if you are just at the recommended item level, some of those quick attacks eventually add up to decimate your health.

For example, for the Necromancer's Origin Abyss, Garum has some cheeky lunges, and my bard kept dying to them. Sometimes, the dragon would just lunge from offscreen; one time, I had Garum do a lunge right after I stayed in the safe circle next to him. Sometimes, Garum even goes for a double lunge i.e. a lunge right after a lunge. Only my main felt smooth enough because my paladin was at a much higher ilvl that the cheeky lunges were like a mosquito bite while my alts burned through my potions. (This is also including the fact that I manage to "Find Party" where everyone was at a much higher ilvl to tank and dps a decent amount of margin of error.) The public "Matchmaking" can also screw you over; on my bard, I once got grouped up with another bard, and we did not have enough DPS for Sigmund despite following all (or most) of the other mechanics.

I believe the meta/tryhard route at tier 1 (aside from grinding up 5 alts already) is to have one main pushing for 460 and two powerpass at 340 ilvl for the weekly dungeons, but I do not know how their 340 ilvl alts can deal with the necromancer. I would imagine the players who thought of that route has a guild to support their alts in tandem.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Why are you running around with the boss offscreen so you can't see what they're up to?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Yeah, it's pretty unforgiving as a non tanky character and lot of random bullshit can happen. It's not at a ragequitting point to me yet, reached 420 ilvl avg without failing a honing yet so I hope to get to the 460 content and maybe peak out there for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Small tip; unless I've made a horrible mistake you can't liner to Rohendel until after like 3+ hours of questing, so remember to set your bifrost or return point there as soon as you arrive.