Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/XEFubmO.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

When you haven't killed anyone in the last three seconds

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
People described ogres as glass cannons? Is this beats they are so big and easy to hit? Their mechanics seem ideal vs low mass infantry which they'll Smash through. Still trying to figure them out. It's weird that gnoblar trappers cost almost as much as bulls.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
My tisim struck, enjoy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Levin posted:

Any suggestions for best practices to maximize Kislev economy? Not clear on how building effects stack basically do I build hallowed forest and farm in every place or no? I figure getting the +5% faction wide bonus to markets in all big cities and getting markets would be good.

Forest only affects the farm in the same settlement, and are generally less good than markets, but you have three slots per oblast region and those are your only 3 options for making money in them, so maximum income is market, then farm, then forest, but you will also want to build the trade goods and probably a church for supporters/patriarch cap, so I would suggest putting those in the regions with trade goods. You can also put a recruitment building in there if you want. If you are going to only have one economic building it should be a market, so you can also do market + trade good + one other discretionary building.

The three cities generally have more economic output than the oblasts and do it all through the market line. Also you can sometimes roll a + building income trait on a frost maiden, if you do I think they're good to get and also slap the + income ancillaries on them and take the boost income skill options, you can get a quite significant boost to income with that which will offset the agent cost when they are in the home territories. Also you can get ancillaries for lords too that do the same thing, can add up to a few extra hundred gold if you stack them together.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 21, 2022

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

While i haven't played Nurgle, some of my more satisfying wins as Greasus the SHOCKINGLY OBESE have been killing Nurgle stacks with a bunch of cheap gnoblar archers, so... I do rather dread that campaign.

Nurgle units aren't amazing on their own, but they get buff after buff after buff. It's basically a slow snowball campaign where you gradually build up momentum and then start vomiting and making GBS threads everywhere.

In this campaign I built a solid core in the middle of the map and then went after the hated enemy Tzeentch. Now I've just busted through the Great Bastion and Cathay's about to get real stinky.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I'm done with it tbh, the campaign mechanics are just too tedious and I can't for the life of me imagine starting another one to have to do any of that poo poo again. Could be made into a fun game if they take all that poo poo out but until then I think I'm just not going to bother.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
re 10v1: Cathay has a +20% ward save banner late in the tree. Blue Gambler's Armor for 10% ward, Blue Talisman for +16% ward, enchanted item to summon 2 units of Ancestral Warriors, Harmony in Balance for 1 summon of Ancestral Warriors, take Meow Ying and a Teracota up against some crap stack like Nurgle out of a pasive rift portal spawn. Blob 'em up and spam earthblood on cooldown, use warriors if you gotta/want to. The WH2 classic "50% ward save invincible Lord."

Bless you goons for teaching me to use heroes to close portals. Yes I spent 100 turns closing every portal with 2-3 armies. At least it was good money and XP. I'm shooting down everything that spawns in Cathay 2 turns after they open. I could go paint the map.. but I really like the Chaos realms, for the most part. I didn't know how badly I wanted DOTA in Total War. I'm also a bit scared of Skrag who ate the entire Empire. He has 29 settlements.

Really like the ideas and design of the Slaanesh realm but the actual gameplay is pretty badly balanced. I entered 1 turn behind Greasus and figured I'd kill him or he'd have to fight 1-3 Slaanesh stacks like the 6 that appeared along my half of the ring and I worked to dodge. Nah. He was 1 turn ahead and nothing spawned along his path. Nothing. And that's why I don't play on Legendary Campaign unless I'm feeling really loving pleased with myself. Reloaded and went to Khorne before breaking for the night. This is some good poo poo and it's gonna be even better after those polish patches.

The Deleter posted:

How do I do this? Juggling harmony on the campaign is like, the most "it's there" thing ever.

Try right clicking it or going to the building browser, it'll have an arrow pointing to its counterpart. My current harmony trick is to research two techs up to the 1 turn remaining point and then learn them back to back, or to learn 1 and immediately build a 1 turn counterpart support building.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 21, 2022

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
I am having fun, though I am not sure I am having as much as I thought I would be having with the toys in this box.

Attacking and defending minor cities is different. Pathing for units is just not up to the task. It was incredibly tedious in Warhammer 2, you know not good, but at least I could just put myself on autopilot and click my way through with minimal effort. They also weren't guaranteed every single time. Now it's just as much of a slog, in 360 degrees, and so much more demanding of me, which is fine, with all the bad parts about minor sieges still there, which is not. Something had to be done about the way it was in II. I am not sure this improved it.

It's great roleplay for me to not want to fight a Skaven minor, not so good gameplay.

The chaos dimensions are sort of fun in concept, lots of good fun fights to be had so far, and at least CA tried some unique things with them.

The chaos dimensions as they are implemented, are agony.

I've not done Khorne's or Nurgle's. Tzeentch's was miserable with the maze and random teleporters. I had such a bad time with it that I imagine it may be a serious hindrance to me wanting to play another campaign until it can be modded into something less excruciating. Slan's is okay so far. They both have the problem so far that I [i[am especially resentful of how much they waste my time - does every gate, every portal, everything I do in any of these dimensions really have to use up all my movement points and force me to hit next turn, next turn, next turn[/i] with my reward for success being putting my main army in a settlement once done to hit next turn five or six more times to get rid of the bad traits?

I don't like that I can't just ignore it and pay a price of some kind to prevent the other empires from winning.

Ogres have been fun so far, though stocking up on meat before going Event Horizon is a lesson I won't soon forget. I think I chose a bad direction to expand into that was mostly just other Ogres, meaning there hasn't been a lot of variety. Tying all the best units to the camps is a bit of a drag. I recommend slapping down the first camp somewhere useful and congratulations now it's your defacto main city forever. Set up and tear down your 2nd, 3rds, et cetera, wherever they are useful in conquest.

Prologue campaign was fun.

I've got three friends, every turn now without fail, sending me the same diplomatic request every time, and I am not happy that hasn't changed. I am glad the "forget my orders" bug with units is no longer a thing now, makes cleaning up after wins a lot easier, and I am sad that so many annoyances I thought would be purged between games are just there. It's mental that Confederation = instant bankruptcy for the AI getting so many armies it cannot afford. That was bad in the previous titles and egregious now.

Overall, it's a good time. I don't think it's as good of a time as 2, gussied up with mods and years of well-thought out expansions, though I am sure it will eventually be.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I think I'm done with it tbh, the campaign mechanics are just too tedious and I can't for the life of me imagine starting another one to have to do any of that poo poo again. Could be made into a fun game if they take all that poo poo out but until then I think I'm just not going to bother.

Yeah I think a lot of us saw the reviews saying to wait on buying the game for now and thought it was maybe a little hyperbolic but I really don't think the game's release ready atm, on top of some decisions they made that I think are just bad. I know people point to previous releases in the series to say a messy launch just comes with the territory, but I don't remember the release for 1 or 2 being this rough. I know I enjoyed them more at release at least, and when 2 came out I had no interest at all in going back to 1. I mostly think waiting until mods/patches to see how much they can improve things makes sense, and then checking in again when Immortal Empires comes out, but I'll probably get impatient and at least gently caress around with another faction or two while maybe just foregoing campaign goals before then. I still think the game will be ultimately be good or even great, but I'm not necessarily confident it'll surpass 2 anymore (at least without heavy modding) depending on the direction they go with some of the decisions I'm not a huge fan of.

vvvvv

And yeah performance is a big part of it too, and while patches may ultimately help with that, it's not something I'm confident will be resolved until i get a new computer, which I'm not in a huge hurry to do because of crypto/supply chain poo poo making everything expensive.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 21, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I find myself auto-resolving far too many fights because the performance is so much worse than TW2. Is there a Rubric of Ahriman for the crypto market so I can finally buy a GPU?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Panfilo posted:

People described ogres as glass cannons? Is this beats they are so big and easy to hit? Their mechanics seem ideal vs low mass infantry which they'll Smash through. Still trying to figure them out. It's weird that gnoblar trappers cost almost as much as bulls.

They get absolutely shredded by missile fire. You have to hold back your lord against missile-focused armies or they will lose 40% hp in the time it takes them to get engaged. The flip side is that they’re speed 54 monsters with a charge that almost wipes out empire swordsmen. Once you get a feel for it you can really punch above your weight class, but drat is it scary sometimes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

I find myself auto-resolving far too many fights because the performance is so much worse than TW2. Is there a Rubric of Ahriman for the crypto market so I can finally buy a GPU?

gpu prices are still bad unless you buy a prebuilt pc or a bundle somewhere

the main culprits are still fog, shadows, and not using FXAA for anti-ailising

past that there isn't much you can do except smaller unit sizes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could entirely forgive the bugs, it's really the actual design decisions that I dislike. They clearly set out and made these things and presumably playtested them and thought "this is a good idea" and I just don't understand how. It feels like someone just doesn't like total war games and was forced to make one and had to technically include all of the fundamentals but went out of their way to force you to do other poo poo.

And there's no way to turn it off. Genuinely if I could just turn off the campaign mechanics it would be a better game, but then you have everything in TW2 since the initial release that has much better campaign mechanics and you're left wondering what the point is.

I don't know who it is at CA that keeps trying to do this every time they release one of these things but I wish they would just stop.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There actually is a way to turn it off. I haven't bothered to tinker with stuff yet and mostly just plan to wait for actual workshop support, but if that alone would dramatically improve the game for you, it might be worth a shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/svv5td/for_those_who_want_to_mod_the_rifts_out_and_so/

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
It's very frustrating because the Vortex campaign was just lazy as hell so you didn't feel bad about hating it, but this has real thought and effort put into it yet is somehow worse which just makes it depressing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More effort, perhaps, but I don't think more thought. It feels like about as much thought, and in fact almost entirely the same thoughts you would hope would have been shown to be bad with WH2, but with much higher production value.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

It's very frustrating because the Vortex campaign was just lazy as hell so you didn't feel bad about hating it, but this has real thought and effort put into it yet is somehow worse which just makes it depressing

I both feel bad for the dev team and am frustrated with them, because on the one hand I'm sure there are parts of this launch that aren't the game they wanted to release, and think more time in the oven could have led to some improvements, but yeah with the campaign itself it feels like some of the parts I don't like are just things they decided they really wanted to do.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

thank god for game pass. And thank god TW2 is still there in all its majesty. I think TW3's saving grace will be the QOL stuff and immortal empires when that hits. and modders.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Total Warhammer 2 question: what's that one mod where you're playing a custom-made Dwarf army and you're basically playing through a (I think) linear succession of quest battles? I played the TW3 prologue campaign and thought it was cool, but am gonna wait until patches/DLC/I have a better computer and stick with TW2, maybe catch up on some other games for now. I mostly just pre-ordered for Ogres lol.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The chaos stronghold battles wouldn't be so bad if you could actually set up for the defensive portions. It's one think to start up towers and maybe heal my troops while paused, but it's another to actually get an intelligent defense together without knowing angles of approach / enemy composition and SURPRISE they either move or shoot like Dark Elves on warp crack.

Maybe the Nurgle and Khorne zones will be a bit more forgiving in that regard? I auto-resolved my way out of Tzeentch and Slaanesh rather than rematch them to avoid losing my rank 7s and up.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

thank god for game pass. And thank god TW2 is still there in all its majesty. I think TW3's saving grace will be the QOL stuff and immortal empires when that hits. and modders.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Minor settlement battles needed some more work:

-Aside from a few settlements, the lanes in the settlements are too narrow, far too often the battle descends into a giant blob fight just for your main force to even get into the settlement proper while your cav/dogs capture points on the other side of the map

-Unit pathing is atrocious in these maps, far too often I would tell a unit to do something, go off to deal with another part of the battlefield and come back to find them with their thumb up their rear end standing around getting shot, Ogres with their large model size makes this even worse for them

-Entire supply system needs to be redone, the towers just reassembling themselves after they are destroyed and barricades popping up in the middle of battle makes things much more frustrating, I would rather we go back to the old Attila days where barricades were prebattle deployables and towers were just built into the settlement and could be destroyed or flipped to your side if you capture their associated point.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mordja posted:

Total Warhammer 2 question: what's that one mod where you're playing a custom-made Dwarf army and you're basically playing through a (I think) linear succession of quest battles? I played the TW3 prologue campaign and thought it was cool, but am gonna wait until patches/DLC/I have a better computer and stick with TW2, maybe catch up on some other games for now. I mostly just pre-ordered for Ogres lol.

I don't know about the quest battles, but this is what came to mind in terms of a dwarf mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181220751

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The khorne realm is OK, you just fight abunch of rogue armies and you can get a cool sword. Didn't play the final battle because I didn't want to have to do it all twice if I died.

That's fundamentally the problem, honestly, you have a game that takes a million years to do a campaign and then you add in a thing where it turns off the campaign if you don't do enough of this dumb gimmick poo poo that is largely RNG as to whether you can succeed or whether someone else does it first.

You're supposed to be playing a strategy game, you have this whole layer of economy and territory and diplomacy and absolutely none of it matters compared to this dumb poo poo the game makes you do 30 turns in.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I was actually having a lot of fun with Kairos until I got the first message about Ursun roaring. I think I'm done until the full map comes out too. Why would I do the realms of chaos again? It's just not fun. Even if I autoresolve all the battles until the last one (which, gently caress me, there is no way I'm doing that again) there are other things on the map I'd much rather be doing. I have to though because if I don't other factions are going to get their 4 souls first and that's game over.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Sinteres posted:

I don't remember the release for 1 or 2 being this rough

You remember wrong, I think. As I recall, TW1 was more-or-less a clean release although it had a much smaller scope in retrospect. Mechanically it was simpler than some of what TW2 gave out as FLC, much less DLC, and people had many complaints about the climate system, the overall campaign balance, and the lack of variety in certain regions (hello Badlands!). TW2 had similar bugs to 3, although perhaps not to the same degree, and the players had a similar rapid path from "this new campaign is kinda neat" to "this new campaign has some poo poo that is really annoying". A couple rosters were heavy criticized (most notably Skaven, but IIRC there was some pushback on DE/HE feeling a bit samey as well). Not to mention that TW2 had the gigantic Norsca ordeal once they released Mortal Empires.

Overall I think WH3's not been wildly out-of-line; some things might have been a bit exacerbated by the difficulties of working remote but overall I'm glad they released what they did, when they did it. The game is very playable, and it has that same capability as every TW game to get extremely entertaining tactical fights in those instances the stars align. The raw content in the new races is pretty good, most of the major mechanical changes are improvements (even if they need some iteration still), and the campaign holds up for 30-50 hours easy which is great since I consider it to be a prequel of sorts for Immortal Empires anyway. I personally never went back to Vortex either after the first 30-50 hours, although I know others did.

And as far as saying "this will never get as good as Warhammer 2", well, I consider this to still be the same game on a fundamental level. The title "TW:WH3" has always just been a way to market a fancy expansion pack; you're paying more than normal but in exchange you're getting a ton of new factions, 3-4 new campaigns with the prologue/MP, and a pretty good number of general quality-of-life improvements. The trend is still upward, even if there's a step back here and there.

That's not to say Immortal Empires will suddenly "fix" everything either, because that's just not a reasonable expectation for a game of this scope. But I do think that a lot of people are buying into the counter-hype just as hard as the original hype, and similarly need to temper their imagined expectations to be a bit more realistic instead of just parroting reddit. I can sympathize with the issues some people are having with certain hardware setups; I've been there and it's extremely frustrating, but unfortunately it's just something that happens with programs and I expect that COVID had a big influence on the capability of the devs to check a wide range of setups. The in-game stuff is, largely, just numbers or design philosophy that people don't agree with the devs on. That's not really a failure in my eyes, and it's easy enough to tweak back in time if the feedback requests it.

NoNotTheMindProbe
Aug 9, 2010
pony porn was here

orangelex44 posted:

Overall I think WH3's not been wildly out-of-line; some things might have been a bit exacerbated by the difficulties of working remote but overall I'm glad they released what they did, when they did it. The game is very playable, and it has that same capability as every TW game to get extremely entertaining tactical fights in those instances the stars align. The raw content in the new races is pretty good, most of the major mechanical changes are improvements (even if they need some iteration still), and the campaign holds up for 30-50 hours easy which is great since I consider it to be a prequel of sorts for Immortal Empires anyway. I personally never went back to Vortex either after the first 30-50 hours, although I know others did.

The best time I had with WH2 was playing the non-vortex DLC characters on the Vortex map. Grom and the Vampirates in particular come to mind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Realm of Chaos campaign.

NoNotTheMindProbe
Aug 9, 2010
pony porn was here
NGL a lot of complaining across the entire series has been from people having to fight battles in a game that revolves around fighting battles.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Imagine after they add a few dlc and there are 20 or more so different lords trying to get 4 souls.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sinteres posted:

I don't know about the quest battles, but this is what came to mind in terms of a dwarf mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181220751
Nah, not the one I'm thinking of, it came out pretty late into game 2's life.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finished the campaign as BEST DAUGHTER. Random thoughts:

- Not a huge fan of the rifts being as frequent as they are. Makes a lot of the campaign feel like whack-a-mole. If they were less numerous and less frequent, I don't think I'd mind them quite as much.

- gently caress Tzeentch's realm specifically because the AI knows EXACTLY where to go, while you have to guess.

- Cathay is super cool and I'm looking forward to playing them again on the big map.

- Be'lakor being an after-campaign reward feels weird, especially as an Order faction that just spent way too long beating his rear end to death. That said, he's a loving BEAST and I hope he gets the full LL treatment at some point. He needs a unique skill tree and I want to play him on the big map.

- I hate that my only option for stopping the other team from winning is that I have to camp my LL at the Forge of Souls and wait there.

- The map is really pretty, and the stylistic changes make it drastically easier to read than WH2.

- Diplomacy changes are nice, but factions are still REALLY INFURIATINGLY resistant to confederation. gently caress you, Zhao Ming, you're strength rank 18 and I'm the strongest faction. JUST CONFEDERATE ALREADY, YOU gently caress.

- Outposts are amazing, and I love the idea. The UI leaves a lot to be desired, and there's a lot going on that isn't communicated terribly well (tell me why I can't build an outpost, ffs; do I have too many? is the selected city somehow ineligible? TELL ME INFORMATION.)

- Quick Deal is a loving godsend.

- Cathay's Harmony mechanic is really cool, and their roster is a mix of Empire and Dwarf archetypes, with SEMs and flying units mixed in. Very cool mix, and the aesthetic is great. Fits right in, plays well, harmony mechanic is beneficial without being too punishing.

- The final battle at the Forge of Souls takes SO long (as do all of the Survival battles), and the AI's love of using the "I see that you have two lines of halberds in front of your archers, it sure would be a shame if I just walked right through all those braced halberds to go eat the archers" is infuriating, especially for a faction like Cathay where you really want to maintain some form of formation.

- I really, really, really, really want the big map. ASAP.

- The storyline for Cathay basically doesn't exist. Like, the opening cutscene is both dragon kids being all "let's go find our sister!" and then... nothing. You never see the dragons again, they get some kind of a hint I guess but nothing else happens, they all just... yeah. I mean, I wasn't expecting much, considering the rest of the cutscenes were obviously focused on Ursun and Be'lakor hanging out in the Forge... but yeah. It felt flat.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 21, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This is my first warhammer game despite playing a lot of rome 2/shogun 2 and I’m having a blast so far. Only major issue I’ve had so far is alt-tabbing messing up mouse clicking but at least that’s somewhat fixable

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Thanks for the tips on how to see the range of the ogre camps, all, I wasn't looking while mousing over it so it wasn't showing up.

Griz
May 21, 2001

hello internet posted:

This is my first warhammer game despite playing a lot of rome 2/shogun 2 and I’m having a blast so far. Only major issue I’ve had so far is alt-tabbing messing up mouse clicking but at least that’s somewhat fixable

that's 100% fixable by setting it to windowed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Aha, found it.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2560175114

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

The best time I had with WH2 was playing the non-vortex DLC characters on the Vortex map. Grom and the Vampirates in particular come to mind.

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

NGL a lot of complaining across the entire series has been from people having to fight battles in a game that revolves around fighting battles.

The most fun I've had with 3 so far is in having PvP fights with some buddies. I didn't get to do that with 2, but it's been a real blast for this game. Fighting against an AI just doesn't compare with fighting a human, and it lets me skip all the stupid campaign stuff that exists for every Total War - i.e. three random stacks from a faction half the map away beeline to siege your capitol, you misclick an army one pixel too far and it's suddenly outside of reinforce range, you have to decide if you want to auto to lose your best unit at 10% strength or if it's worth fighting the 1000th curbstomp skirmish of the game... It's much nicer to just grab a friend, random a map, and be shooting ogres in their fat loving faces with the very best dragon-cannons Cathay has to offer in a matter of minutes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

orangelex44 posted:

The most fun I've had with 3 so far is in having PvP fights with some buddies. I didn't get to do that with 2, but it's been a real blast for this game. Fighting against an AI just doesn't compare with fighting a human, and it lets me skip all the stupid campaign stuff that exists for every Total War - i.e. three random stacks from a faction half the map away beeline to siege your capitol, you misclick an army one pixel too far and it's suddenly outside of reinforce range, you have to decide if you want to auto to lose your best unit at 10% strength or if it's worth fighting the 1000th curbstomp skirmish of the game... It's much nicer to just grab a friend, random a map, and be shooting ogres in their fat loving faces with the very best dragon-cannons Cathay has to offer in a matter of minutes.

This is the big problem. This game is amazing with friends and people refuse to play campaigns head to head with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Really surprised to say that I'm not at all enjoying WH3. Settlement battles are a slog, the chaos realm poo poo is tedious and distracting and none of the factions seem to perform nearly as well in battle as any of the ones from WH1 or WH2. The AI seems downright terrified of fighting field battles, they just hole up in settlements and fairly often even refuse to take ambush bait to get them out.

I have 1,200 hours in WH2 and I'm TRYING to give WH3 a chance but despite all the great quality of life stuff it's just not fun.

I know I'll play this as much as WH 2 once the real map is released, how has CA not learned from the vortex map that nobody enjoys their dumb gimmick campaigns?