Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol I wonder if we will get Kelvin rebuilding his muscle men ministry, starting over from the ground up helping slobs get chiseled

idk maybe the existing ones are still going to be with him (just not in his house)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

So we all seem to agree the Lissons are the ones behind the Motorcycle Ninjas/trying to kill Eli, but after this week what are the odds that Amber is working with them?

Huh, I hadn't even thought of that. It does make some sense, and helps explain why she was so aghast at Gideon's heroics. I do wonder how the initial hit fits into that theory though... if Amber was in on it, she would have known that the party bus was marked and that letting Jesse pressgang the driver would jeopardize the hit (and get her shot at personally.) I guess it's possible that she only put it together and started talking to the Lissons about it after the initial attempt, though.

Fartington Butts posted:

Seems weird to me that the Lissons would spend so much money to assassinate Eli when they were lookin' for scratch.

I think the idea is that they're looking to bleed the Gemstones for a lot more than the initial $10 million investment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

the holy poopacy posted:

I think the idea is that they're looking to bleed the Gemstones for a lot more than the initial $10 million investment.

Regardless of if the Lissons are behind the motorcycle ninjas (though who else would be at this point?), I think this is going to happen. Jesse and Amber will invest the money and then something will come up, and the Lissons need more to cover some unforeseen cost. They and that Jonas brother already covered their own shares, so Jesse and Amber need to cover their part too.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
the funny thing is that Glendon wasn't wrong about Junior. dumbfuck spent decades working for Glendon and still thought wrestling was where Glendon made his money.

(probably because Eli was a wrestler, and Junior was jealous of the attention Eli got for it)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Loved that cameo for Harmon. Had to look online because I still wasn't 100% sure it was him

priaprism
Jul 30, 2008
The party bus Jessie and Amber got onto was booked for Eli, who didn’t show after smiting Kelvin. So Amber definitely misbehavin’

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Well now all I want is for Harmon to become a recurring character.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah I want more Harmon now, but I know we won't get any because he won't want anything to do with any of them.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

MokBa posted:

Well now all I want is for Harmon to become a recurring character.

Same. Just employ both the elder Culkins regularly, HBO, it's fine. Legit said "shut the gently caress up" when Harmon opened the door.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Fartington Butts posted:

"you and Queef" got a huge laugh out of me

Same

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I like how they do the rumors of my death joke repeatedly

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

text editor posted:

Loved that cameo for Harmon. Had to look online because I still wasn't 100% sure it was him

Extremely same. He looked so healthy in the last thing I saw him, it was great casting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I belittled your muscular men group, and for that I am sorry.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If y'all want some more Modern Mac, he's guested on a few Red Letter Media Best of the Worst episodes and he's great.

I know we don't really have many potential antagonists besides the Lissons, but their involvement doesn't predate the killing of the journalist and that's a big dangling thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There is also that big council of pastors. That one guy was pissed off that he wasn't being protected, maybe another one was worried about it, so they killed the reporter, and then saw that the gemstones were there so they tried to get rid of Eli too. Though that's a big stretch to get there from them being in just one episode. I could see maybe the Lissons getting rid of the journalist because they were worried he'd head for them afterwards. They get rid of him, there's still hitmen in the area, so they try to get rid of Eli too to make sure that Jesse is in charge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like making the answer to the cycle ninjas and the murder scene interesting is going to be the biggest uphill battle for this season. Everything else about it has been great but I don't think the the only remaining options seem super interesting.

It's the Lissons though. Someone upthread mentioned the teen programs they had and it's the only thing that makes sense. Maybe they can make it work but on the surface I don't find the lissons being behind everything all that interesting and it only makes a little bit of sense.

Also so much mystery surrounding the motorcycle ninjas just to reveal it was a group of randoms.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Holy poo poo how did they keep Mac a secret? loving perfect casting.

I transcribed this episode a few weeks ago and HOLY poo poo did I want to break my NDA to tell people what was coming there. I love that scene so much. :)

That and Judy's confrontation with KJ in the bathroom in the baptism episode. This fuckin' show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
“You’ve done well for yourself. Got you a couch with a bunch of cupholders.”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He knocked that brief performance out of the park

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Obviously the Lissons are involved, the motorcycle gang were orphaned teens. The Lissons have an orphaned teen outreach group.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

How many takes do you think it took for Keefe to get that tit slap just right, that was hilarious

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
"chewing on shrimp tails with ice like an animal"

judy and baby billy consistently have the best lines istg

Coxswain Balls posted:

How many takes do you think it took for Keefe to get that tit slap just right, that was hilarious

one take, improvised (i'm probably wrong)

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Speakin' of Keefe, anyone else wondering if that credits song is a little hint that we may be seeing some of his goth satanist buddies soon?

I mean, it's admittedly a real escalation from blastin' off to blastin' at, but still.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I loved the queef line, and especially loved how BJ was playing an omnichord.

For anyone interested, the omnichord was an electronic instrument that was used a LOT in (mostly christian) places of worship. It was made by Suzuki, and had been discontinued for years now (though they now make a similar instrument, called the Q-chord).

Omnichords can be and usually are VERY expensive, usually going for something like $600+ used (obviously). Last year, my wife got an '84 model in pristine, barely used condition for $300 Canadian, from a woman who's husband used to use it at church. She obviously had no idea what she had, because in the condition it was in, complete with case and manual, that could have easily pulled in $1000.

And my wife joined an omnichord FB group, where someone recently posted about finding one at a second-hand thrift shop for 6 loving dollars.

Omnichords are awesome, and not many people realize how rare they are.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Was coming here to post about BJ and his omni chord.

It's a perfect instrument for him lol

They show up on the shopgoodwill site all the time and always get bid up to the stratosphere.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

priaprism posted:

The party bus Jessie and Amber got onto was booked for Eli, who didn’t show after smiting Kelvin. So Amber definitely misbehavin’

yeah but Amber then proceeded to get on that same bus, and shoot one of the bikers. if she knew what was up it'd have to come after, and I can't see her being OK with Jesse's whole hospital plan if she was involved

i think it's just the Lissons at this point. orphan teens thing lines up, now it looks like there's double the motorcycle men so who can afford that

what's strange is I feel like Jesse would've instantly called the Lissons and told them the good news after getting the go-ahead on the investment from Eli. so if the bikers are busting out and going on the hunt again, why?

also really love the bikers as this loving satanic malevolent force that cant be defeated or contained

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mandrel posted:

what's strange is I feel like Jesse would've instantly called the Lissons and told them the good news after getting the go-ahead on the investment from Eli. so if the bikers are busting out and going on the hunt again, why?

yeah i think the actual threat of them may be gone by now because Jesse did just that (and the preview for next episode is them all partying on the beach), but the reveal that they're behind it will still come

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
also pretty unclear now what happened to the reporter and who that 3rd person at his house was (one of them was probably the neighbor, correct? though why would he have been there anyway?) would make sense for it to also be the Lissons if he was digging up dirt on them as well especially now that we know they love explosions and such

Amber being involved doesn't really make sense to me (why would she have gotten on Eli's bus?) even though I did find it odd that she only got one of the guys given that she's apparently a perfect shot

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Mandrel posted:

well its not really established that they are, just that they were busted out of prison

interesting bit is Junior telling Eli the reporter stopped by, which is why he thought of him in the first place. kinda confirms that his story was about Eli's past and not something about Aimee-Leigh

dug the parallels between Glendon abandoning Junior and Baby Billy trying to reconnect with Harmon

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah I always felt like the Aimee-Leigh thing was just standard reporter bullshit, fishing for a reaction

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Something I just remembered... a while back way before the season started, wasn't there talk about a Christmas episode airing to tide things over until s2? I'm guessing at one point, the plan was to show the flashback episode separately and prior to everything else. I wonder how that would've worked, I can't think of anything in the episode that specifically needed other episodes to explain and the audience would've been in a position of knowing exactly why Eli went to the rollercoaster etc.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Jonas brothers theory still in play with the jailbreak.

An impressive use of an obscure acronym.

https://www.abbreviationfinder.org/acronyms/jailbreak_jonas-brothers.html

Really hope Fallout doesn't keep Goggins away from other productions.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just watch the first season :shrug:

I ended up doing that with Westworld due to the huge gap between season 1 and 2. Don't regret it and don't feel like I've missed out as everyone I know who did keep with it said it kept getting worse.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

WonkyBob posted:

I ended up doing that with Westworld due to the huge gap between season 1 and 2. Don't regret it and don't feel like I've missed out as everyone I know who did keep with it said it kept getting worse.

I've heard season 3 is better than 2, but any goodwill I had for that was torn to shreds from WW S2.

Plus, I really loved the entire setting of "fake fantasy world filled with androids", and I mean... S3 is outside of the goddamned park, so I don't care anymore. :shrug:

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
The movie it was based on is a million times better.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

WonkyBob posted:

Season 2 has a couple of the best episodes of the entire series, but, yeah, Westworld 2 and 3 are probably the worst things Jonathan Nolan has done as a whole. I mean, season 3 is the same exact plot as Person of Interest but not as good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Inspired casting for Harmon

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Something I just remembered... a while back way before the season started, wasn't there talk about a Christmas episode airing to tide things over until s2? I'm guessing at one point, the plan was to show the flashback episode separately and prior to everything else. I wonder how that would've worked, I can't think of anything in the episode that specifically needed other episodes to explain and the audience would've been in a position of knowing exactly why Eli went to the rollercoaster etc.

I heard the Christmas special was all about Gideon and Jesse in Haiti

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
IMO, Amber putting out a fake hit on herself and her husband as cover for putting out two real hits on her father in law all in the interest in getting involved in a fairly pedestrian real estate investment would be actually show-killing stupid.

Only slightly less stupid would be her having unravelled who was behind the first hit attempt and wanting in from THAT point. Or maybe that one is more stupid.

They're both really stupid.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Are adults calling their father "daddy" a rich people thing in the US or southern US? Otherwise mostly familiar with it as a posh british people thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Falukorv posted:

Are adults calling their father "daddy" a rich people thing in the US or southern US? Otherwise mostly familiar with it as a posh british people thing.

In my experience, it's common among southerners of all races & socioeconomic strata.