Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bitmap posted:

paste this in and give me another book recommendation

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/chinagang.png[/timg]

"Liberalism Disavowed: Communitarianism and State Capitalism in Singapore", Chua Beng Huat

and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

fart simpson posted:

:siren:

good news everyone, i can give out this gang tag now

supposedly i can get like 10-15 of these approved, so if you want one quote this post and it’s first come first served and ill get as many in as i can

Probably too late - but I would like one.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

"Liberalism Disavowed: Communitarianism and State Capitalism in Singapore", Chua Beng Huat

and thank you

best part of singapore is how they are still successful at selling libs the blatantly false image of a free meerkat utopia

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bing Dwen Dwen is the first olympic mascot in ages I could imagine a kid wanting a stuffed animal of. The Fuwa from the 2008 Beijing games came close, but they had creepy faces.

I mean, what the gently caress is this? This is how Italy presented itself to the world.

It's a snowball and an ice cube, with blobby bodies attached to them

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

imagine being so deranged you look at a meaningless cute panda mascot that will be forgotten in a week and be like ‘this is the evil celestial dark magicks’
it's the same disease that looks at blatantly horrible poo poo like the socio-economic death spiral in the US and saying "this is perfectly fine"

literal non-human logic

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is more they just don’t really care and will literally say anything. They are only given that power because people still listen to them.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

fart simpson posted:

supposedly i can get like 10-15 of these approved, so if you want one quote this post and it’s first come first served and ill get as many in as i can

Probably too late, but I'm the guy that originally asked for this to be made pretty please? :v:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

exmarx posted:

daniel brühl's character, who is jewish, is in charge of the conspiracy lol

There it is.

Where the gently caress is AIPAC when you need them?

Oh... right....

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

I Love Annie May posted:

It's a snowball and an ice cube, with blobby bodies attached to them

Half of all Olympic mascots are abstract nightmares sprang from the drug addled mind of some Euro pervert. The London 2012 mascots look like some industrial accidents were given life.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

imagine preferring war with a different country over inconveniencing a couple lovely senators from two poo poo hole states to pass a badly needed infrastructure bill that would do more to save your approval ratings lol

Also remember that this is the President that stole $600 from every adult American and is now wondering why he is not popular.

These rich old liberals are completely unable to perceive material reality. Everything is just a dumb game of aesthetics to them.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

please sir, although I know it's too late. if it helps I actually live in china.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:rubby:

I think it was mila kunis that had that big long effort-post about how the CIA regularly uses unions as a way to infiltrate countries

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 12:48 on Feb 21, 2022

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

flavahbeast can you post a daily update on the russian invasion hoi4 planning completion percentage, i know we were at least 91% a week ago but when i read anonymous state department sources in d&d i get temporary acute havana syndrome

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Palladium posted:

best part of singapore is how they are still successful at selling libs the blatantly false image of a free meerkat utopia

It's because they're small and cute and quirky and not actually a global superpower who isn't allowed to do that

Ardennes posted:

It is more they just don’t really care and will literally say anything. They are only given that power because people still listen to them.

Also they literally don't comprehend material conditions

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1495742431706611717

lmao

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

fart simpson posted:

Please!!

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

gently caress! this is what I get for not being on here constantly. I'll never get that gangtag now

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

good thing we know about all these invasion plans due to the hugely reliable and accurate leaks from our intelligence troops. strange that tthey are so competent in their reliability and accuracy, yet so incompetent about not leaking their top secret magnum intelligence snippets for handsome big brains to the press

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

oh so it’s the Ukrainians who are the invaders all along!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

_____ has in the last couple of years significantly escalated violence against domestic dissidents (most notably the very public assassination ... on ______). If they are planning a full occupation and political reorientation of the country then it would be entirely in character to preemptively sweep up and detain anyone they think will give them trouble. Install a client government and make it very clear to the political class that there are huge personal costs to voicing opposition.

:thunk:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fart simpson posted:

i think my av deserves this gangtag

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

synapse posted:

The neonazis won 0 out of 435 seats in the 2008 United States Election and in that same vote a black man was voted in as President. Safe to say white supremacy is dead in America.

lmao

oh wait that's the joke

sorry I just woke up

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Is Ukraine invaded yet or was the State Department wrong again, simply because they enjoy destroying Ukraine's economy?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Is Ukraine invaded yet or was the State Department wrong again, simply because they enjoy destroying Ukraine's economy?

looting that and their young mouths you mean

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Al-Saqr posted:

imagine being so deranged you look at a meaningless cute panda mascot that will be forgotten in a week and be like ‘this is the evil celestial dark magicks’

London's weird creepy Olympic mascots were literally CCT cameras come to life with all seeing eyes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Palladium posted:

looting that and their young mouths you mean

goddamnit i just managed to forget the phrase 'young mouth'

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

crepeface posted:

goddamnit i just managed to forget the phrase 'young mouth'

we just lost the game

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

London's weird creepy Olympic mascots were literally CCT cameras come to life with all seeing eyes

https://twitter.com/pplsartofwar/status/1494886255515082756

The weirdo Japanese CNN correspondent who want upset that service workers are allowed to wear masks is also really upset that the mascot doesn't have huge anime tiddies or tentacles or something

She has tweeted multiple times about this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

The weirdo Japanese CNN correspondent who want upset that service workers are allowed to wear masks is also really upset that the mascot doesn't have huge anime tiddies or tentacles or something

She has tweeted multiple times about this

what if the Olympic mascot was a twitch streamer

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/Salon/status/1495398172310614023?t=I90zf23K2Bsv0FOCDqR8ig&s=19

they really hate the mascot

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

if the olympic panda not wanting to gently caress me isnt the definition of fascism, what is???

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

this is a must click

quote:

The official line from the Beijing 2022 Organizing Committee is that the panda's spacesuit — a shell of ice — is meant to be a "tribute to new technologies for a future with infinite possibilities." Yet it also suggests something more insidious: a cryogenically preserved baby.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

this is a must click

Lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flavahbeast posted:

Fat chance of that. Again, Russia has an even bigger anti-semitism problem than Ukraine

like, who's this pleasant feller?

It's Putin's pal Dmitry Utkin who founded the Russian version of Blackwater

Ukraine's most popular neonazi party, Svoboda, got 2.15% of the vote in the last national election. They occupy 1 out of 450 seats in the Rada. In the same election a Jew was elected to lead the country with 73% of the vote. Saying they should be invaded because of a nazi problem is like arguing for the 2003 invasion of Iraq because of a islamic terrorist problem

fascinating you picked 'random Russian Putin has been seen with' and not the anti-Putin political figure the US has been propping up as a political prisoner/victim for years who wears nazi armbands and calls immigrants cockroaches and such, who's a way more direct example of pro-nazi Russians with political power in the area.

:thunk:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

if the olympic panda not wanting to gently caress me isnt the definition of fascism, what is???

Panda's are notorious for not wanting to gently caress though so it's very in character.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

quote:

It made for an ironic plot twist. The mascot, as some have alleged, was heavily publicized in order to distract the world from China's treatment of Uyghurs. Bowen Yang, impersonating Chinese trade minister and Olympic Games organizer Chen Biao on a recent "SNL" skit, rhetorically asked about an image of Bing Dwen Dwen: "Is this the face of a country that would violate human rights?"
genocide panda

also a lot of the article is standard Chinese social media poo poo

quote:

One post critiquing Bing Dwen Dwen's "disgusting" voice received more than 20,000 reposts.

I'm no weibo expert but that doesn't sound like a whole lot of reposts, it's like low to mid tier on twitter which has fewer users and I presume a more fractured user base as everyone speaks different languages

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

quote:

Yet the mascot's Icarian fall hints at something endogenous: the coiled contempt that many nationalist Chinese are ready to spring at the merest whiff of waywardness.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

this is a must click

lol the author is some freelance writer that just writes whatever random poo poo is assigned to her. so some editor at salon came up with this lmao

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/MuradGazdiev/status/1495761778940260352?t=sj_Bg9K0SfaAZQtIIlSdag&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Insidious sexless genocidal cryobaby panda