Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besot Kolkiad
Feb 21, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
For those without the minute forums lore to place me, I'm this guy, as the most cursory consultation of the permabanned tracking database materials the admins keep on hand would have turned up. I'm not even using a different card or billing email.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

The Shortest Path posted:

People were posting nyanners poo poo completely unopposed for the entire duration of the thread

so nice of you to say nothing about it while it was happening, then

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Besot Kolkiad posted:

For those without the minute forums lore to place me, I'm this guy, as the most cursory consultation of the permabanned tracking database materials the admins keep on hand would have turned up. I'm not even using a different card or billing email.

ok

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Seeing as SA is being worse than twitter in imagining a guy and getting super mad at them combined with a healthy dose of self-gaslighting via FYAD, I'd wanna point out that https://breadnroses.net/threads/vtubers-the-dog-is-named-korone.1950 B&R has had a v-tuber thread since it's inception and since they don't bootlick for weird out of touch divorced internet dads the posting is good and no one is mad.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheCoach posted:

Seeing as SA is being worse than twitter in imagining a guy and getting super mad at them combined with a healthy dose of self-gaslighting via FYAD, I'd wanna point out that https://breadnroses.net/threads/vtubers-the-dog-is-named-korone.1950 B&R has had a v-tuber thread since it's inception and since they don't bootlick for weird out of touch divorced internet dads the posting is good and no one is mad.

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheCoach posted:

haahahahahaha

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

TheCoach posted:

You are doing the first thing in your own post.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Thread just going through all the classics now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TheCoach posted:

it's still paywalled but I'm guessing that thread has 10x more posts then any of the community organization threads on that forum.

it's also not a good look since their general policy is"please use the forum to coordinate to offsite discords for discussing illegal activity"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheCoach posted:

Sounds great, can't wait to sign up for an account!

e: Only $10 AND there's no FYAD chuds doing drive by poo poo posting? :stare: Uh... tell me why anyone (sic) even still on this dumpster fire of a website?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Y'all can stay on the forum where FYAD bullies roam around doing the "knockout game" on neurodiverse folx while the admins stand by and do nothing... :shrug: Meanwhile you can find le me cozy as hecke in my comfy jim jams posting in the BreadAndRoses korone MEGATHREAD in a way that's fairly loving legal under all US federal statutes and legislation alongside everyone who posted a banme from this site when the D&D socdem thread was merged with the D&D demsoc thread

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

Y'all can stay on the forum where FYAD bullies roam around doing the "knockout game" on neurodiverse folx while the admins stand by and do nothing... :shrug: Meanwhile you can find le me cozy as hecke in my comfy jim jams posting in the BreadAndRoses korone MEGATHREAD in a way that's fairly loving legal under all US federal statutes and legislation alongside everyone who posted a banme from this site when the D&D socdem thread was merged with the D&D demsoc thread

correction; when they all posted a banme from this site and then reregistered a week later.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

TheCoach posted:

Lmfao

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

pentyne posted:

it's still paywalled but I'm guessing that thread has 10x more posts then any of the community organization threads on that forum.

it's also not a good look since their general policy is"please use the forum to coordinate to offsite discords for discussing illegal activity"

Your guess would be correct, and that's despite it only getting like one post a week.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheCoach posted:

holy lol

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

TheCoach posted:

So have they kicked out all the sexpest admins yet?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheCoach posted:

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I thought B&R immediately devolved into infighting because one of the admins was running it with an iron fist and then was also a sexpest

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheCoach posted:

agreed OP, I'm real sick and tired of all these gaslighting FYAD concern trolls kramering in to sealion all over the place!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I thought B&R immediately devolved into infighting because one of the admins was running it with an iron fist and then was also a sexpest
'believe women, so believe me (when i say im NOT a sexpest)'

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheCoach posted:

unbelievable

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

'believe women, so believe me (when i say im NOT a sexpest)'

right, I couldn't figure out how to phrase it, but that's what I got out of what I heard. sounds like a great place to discuss vtubers, frankly. no irony, I'm sure it's a free-for-all there

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

TheCoach posted:

Lmafo

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

grieving for Gandalf posted:

right, I couldn't figure out how to phrase it, but that's what I got out of what I heard. sounds like a great place to discuss vtubers, frankly. no irony, I'm sure it's a free-for-all there

no that first part is the literal quote

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

TheCoach posted:

desperate for posts bread&roses has succumbed to scrounging for vtuber pedophiles for their userbase

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Violen posted:

no that first part is the literal quote

lmfao god. that's so bad it didn't register for me

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
self-owned so hard that previous generations of family are shaking their heads.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway look this poo poo is stupid because why do you guys even want the thread back that bad. theyre just streamers. theres not a ton to discuss other than weird gossip and stream updates. like when the thread was functioning normally there wasnt exactly a ton of discussion going on.

personally i think the mods really need to decide if being called a pedophile rapist without proof is or isnt punishable because they seriously seem to flip a coin to decide, but the vtuber thread is always going to be a problem because its already been decided to be one. the dreaded trolls aren't wrong in that a lot of the vtuber thread people are way too invested and lack self-awareness when it comes to this stuff, and also the thread's always going to be a subject of scrutiny. someone complained about reddit but it basically seems like you could get everything you were getting out of the sa vtuber thread there only with 10% of the drama. or make your own discord and bam you get to make the rules. it seems like a better avenue for discussing live streams anyway.

iunno what people are expecting to happen if the mods reopen the thread. even if you instantly kill anyone who goes 'lol' in the thread and even if you ban mockthreads theres still going to be people reading it and making fun of it in discord or PMs or something. you cant put the vtuber genie back in the bottle. just let it go. is it fair to the people who were normal? iunno. is it worth embarrassing yourselves over? no.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

personally i think the mods really need to decide if being called a pedophile rapist without proof is or isnt punishable because they seriously seem to flip a coin to decide, but the vtuber thread is always going to be a problem because its already been decided to be one. the dreaded trolls aren't wrong in that a lot of the vtuber thread people are way too invested and lack self-awareness when it comes to this stuff, and also the thread's always going to be a subject of scrutiny. someone complained about reddit but it basically seems like you could get everything you were getting out of the sa vtuber thread there only with 10% of the drama. or make your own discord and bam you get to make the rules. it seems like a better avenue for discussing live streams anyway.

iunno what people are expecting to happen if the mods reopen the thread. even if you instantly kill anyone who goes 'lol' in the thread and even if you ban mockthreads theres still going to be people reading it and making fun of it in discord or PMs or something. you cant put the vtuber genie back in the bottle. just let it go. is it fair to the people who were normal? iunno. is it worth embarrassing yourselves over? no.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Roth posted:

To me FYAD is different from Helldump because the explicit purpose of helldump is to call people out, whereas FYAD is a small group of pals making off color jokes and shitposting. This may be the wrong way to explain it, but it's just the kind of thing where you just have to trust them when they're saying they're doing it ironically. That kind of justification is rightfully loaded, but my own understanding of FYAD is that it is similar to my own personal friend group on Discord. A lot of us are queer or a POC and we enjoy that kind of humor with each other because we know that none of us are genuine. I don't post in FYAD myself because I'd just feel weird posting like that with people I largely don't know all that well.

I guess it is kinda different in the sense that FYAD is publicly viewable, but I also just trust JD and HolePisser to know when somebody in there is trying to get some laughs with their friends, and when somebody is going in to FYAD to post an unhinged rant about Jewish people or whatever.

It's hilarious that you think this is a defense and not just an indictment of your friend group. Just getting together with your friends to throw slurs at people not in your group and make fun of handicapped people, it's okay because boys will be boys it's ironic! People believe it when 4chan says that too. But can't complain because I'm not in the country club I guess.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i think you missed an operative qualifier there

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zeron posted:

It's hilarious that you think this is a defense and not just an indictment of your friend group. Just getting together with your friends to throw slurs at people not in your group and make fun of handicapped people, it's okay because boys will be boys it's ironic! People believe it when 4chan says that too. But can't complain because I'm not in the country club I guess.

you should go over there and tell them that

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Zeron posted:

You’re complaining right now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeron posted:

:ok:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheCoach posted:

Only $10 to discuss my favourite anime children....with no Shitlords?

Ouch, my wallet!

E: tapped out the fun budget for this month on Superchats, need to find a way to sneak this one past the Wife

E2: this should do it....heh heh

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

that's an easy budget to balance

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
If I had known canning the thread would've resulted in this much entertainment, I would've made an alt to help speed it along.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheCoach posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
try not getting trolled vtuber threaders. lol what a bunch of scrubs