Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

zegermans posted:

I wonder if Tulsi's angle is gonna be her reasonable non-interventionist ideas or just insane transgender stuff

she was never non-interventionist just anti-troops on the ground. she loves drone strikes and special forces attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/sky_invisible/status/1495770105661247492?s=20&t=ZmOAuVh5PMbn0DxECED0NQ

good idea to blame the education system, which has been dismantled for the last 50 years by a government that Biden was part of for the last 50 years

https://twitter.com/Janice_Texas/status/1495767793173737472?s=20&t=ZmOAuVh5PMbn0DxECED0NQ
Maybe Biden should use his bully pulpit with them? Nah, he's too busy saying how Mitch McConnel is an "honorable friend" of his.

Except instead of 'Wheel of Morality', it's Wheel of Excuses.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This, by the way, is what has made my aforementioned biases against Putin so strong. As extreme as this might sound, I felt as if Russia's interference in the US 2016 election was an act of war - a direct attack upon a core aspect of America. Obviously the response to that wouldn't be to attack Russia because that simply isn't sensible, but I still believe that some very punishing sanctions are called for at the absolute minimum. No slap on the wrist stuff... but something very real and very serious.

Apologies for the minor derail, but it is stuff like that which made me post my question. I hate Putin with a passion, and so my instincts are that he should be opposed and trolled as much as possible with the explicit aim of humiliating him. But obviously... such an approach is not acceptable for diplomacy. Which is why I feel compelled to ask if I'm not crazy in thinking that this situation can't be solved through concessions... because I seem them as not only pointless, but counter to my desire to pursue a vendetta.

jfc. The dumbest loving people.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

jfc. The dumbest loving people.

Love 2 hate my frenemy Poppa Putin. I hate him so bad. My mom says I need to stop talking about him all the time and I’m “driving her nuts” but she just doesn’t appreciate how much damage he’s done to democracy

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

So Regarde Aduck was banned for just generally annoying the D&D mods?

BAN 02/21/22 03:17am Regarde Aduck This probe and ban is not for this post, but for abusing reports, threatening other posters through those reports, and just being a big baby about being threadbanned in D&D. Fluffdaddy Fluffdaddy

lmao remember when a mod mentioned that some posters use up all of their reports in a day?

:thunk:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

spacemang_spliff posted:

BAN 02/21/22 03:17am Regarde Aduck This probe and ban is not for this post, but for abusing reports, threatening other posters through those reports, and just being a big baby about being threadbanned in D&D. Fluffdaddy Fluffdaddy

lmao remember when a mod mentioned that some posters use up all of their reports in a day?

It's funny how many more reports D&D gets than every other forum

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This, by the way, is what has made my aforementioned biases against Putin so strong. As extreme as this might sound, I felt as if Russia's interference in the US 2016 election was an act of war - a direct attack upon a core aspect of America. Obviously the response to that wouldn't be to attack Russia because that simply isn't sensible, but I still believe that some very punishing sanctions are called for at the absolute minimum. No slap on the wrist stuff... but something very real and very serious.

Apologies for the minor derail, but it is stuff like that which made me post my question. I hate Putin with a passion, and so my instincts are that he should be opposed and trolled as much as possible with the explicit aim of humiliating him. But obviously... such an approach is not acceptable for diplomacy. Which is why I feel compelled to ask if I'm not crazy in thinking that this situation can't be solved through concessions... because I seem them as not only pointless, but counter to my desire to pursue a vendetta.

Didn't Trump sign sanctions on Russia twice lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

when ur impervious to propaganda

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Didn't Trump sign sanctions on Russia twice lol

they were more focused on the fact that Bernie didn't

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

they were more focused on the fact that Bernie didn't

Bernie....good?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

D&D was super pro Iraq War back in the day

Some people who supported the war learned from what happened and became more skeptical of war propaganda later.

Other people just said "welp whoopsie doodle Bush was lying" and chalked it all up to a few bad individuals who are happily no longer around to inject their evil lies into the important information the state department conveys to us about foreign threats

The only reason invading iraq was bad is because Team Red did it instead of Team Blue. Maybe when you grow up you'll understand the difference.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Bernie....good?

don't give him too much credit, he would have voted in favor, but there was some other poo poo I don't remember in the bill

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like BIPOC suddenly popped up in the last couple years. It's really dumb because most people will have no idea what it means.

What do you mean? Bisexual peoples of color are a very important voting bloc, and their voices need to be elevated

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

don't give him too much credit, he would have voted in favor, but there was some other poo poo I don't remember in the bill

It was also sanctioning Iran and Syria and Yemen at the same time

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

It was also sanctioning Iran and Syria and Yemen at the same time

ah yeah gotta starve people gently caress yeah

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Can't wait for her vp debates with Kamala

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Armadillo Tank posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wokehuggies/status/1493286927918714883

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahunt4congress/status/1493208794863706121
Also classic biden democrat with pro rape merch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bridgietherease/status/1493396930449207298

Just a bizarre mix of down bab and I don't need no man tropes.

I don't know why they thought this would be a good idea.

that Oedipa Mas lady was part of the Bernie wing that went apeshit and is on the Aimee Therese route now.

and there’s a poo poo ton of incels showing up in the comments, drat dog you found a winner

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Unironically looking forward to this now lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/dvergano/status/1495608413912510466?cxt=HHwWhMC5pbX7u8EpAAAA

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

selec posted:

that Oedipa Mas lady was part of the Bernie wing that went apeshit and is on the Aimee Therese route now.

and there’s a poo poo ton of incels showing up in the comments, drat dog you found a winner

i'm pretty sure that's the main character of The Crying of Lot 49

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Crickets gave me fibromyalgia

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
LMAO, just move somewhere cheaper lol.

America is so loving dope because if you don't like the weather, vibe, price, amenities, leadership, location, scenery, anything. You can just move.

Too cold? Move to the desert. Too hot? Move to Snow. Too conservative? Move to blue state. Too liberal? Move to Oklahoma.

Everyone acts like there's 10 cities in 4 states.

And gently caress with all the work from home or remote work opportunities now, you can just bounce to wherever you want. Go buy a house in Detroit for $4000 (if they're still doing that) with your $70,000/yr San Francisco remote work IT job. poo poo.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I think my favorite part of the bit is 60 minutes explaining that the sound a gun makes isn't what causes a gunshot wound

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Toph Bei Fong posted:

What do you mean? Bisexual peoples of color are a very important voting bloc, and their voices need to be elevated

Ahem, it's Black-Identifying People Of Choice

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Woof that whole thread is a veritable succmine

https://mobile.twitter.com/asbjam/status/1495769865751257089

https://mobile.twitter.com/zippitydodah51/status/1495797421770948608

ex post facho has issued a correction as of 18:41 on Feb 21, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

spacemang_spliff posted:

the general rule is that if you'd get a ban for posting it, you get a ban for putting it in your report reason. also, it's generally good for admins to look over and handle actions for abusing the report system, because we do want people to feel like they're not going to face retaliation for reporting.

for this one in particular, they described how they wanted to murder the specific d&d poster they reported, and it wasn't in a jokey manner. while i don't think they were serious about it, it was kinda creepy and weird. i don't know about their other reports, since i don't look at the mountains of d&d reports, but i do see their name in there quite frequently, since who reported who is in the thread title.

believe me, there is a high bar to clear to abuse reports for d&d and somehow they managed to clear it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I still don’t know what CRT is after watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICp1vGlh_U

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Azathoth posted:

the general rule is that if you'd get a ban for posting it, you get a ban for putting it in your report reason. also, it's generally good for admins to look over and handle actions for abusing the report system, because we do want people to feel like they're not going to face retaliation for reporting.

for this one in particular, they described how they wanted to murder the specific d&d poster they reported, and it wasn't in a jokey manner. while i don't think they were serious about it, it was kinda creepy and weird. i don't know about their other reports, since i don't look at the mountains of d&d reports, but i do see their name in there quite frequently, since who reported who is in the thread title.

believe me, there is a high bar to clear to abuse reports for d&d and somehow they managed to clear it.

lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ex post facho posted:

America is so loving dope because if you don't like the weather, vibe, price, amenities, leadership, location, scenery, anything. You can just move.

Too cold? Move to the desert. Too hot? Move to Snow. Too conservative? Move to blue state. Too liberal? Move to Oklahoma.

And gently caress with all the work from home or remote work opportunities now, you can just bounce to wherever you want. Go buy a house in Detroit for $4000 (if they're still doing that) with your $70,000/yr San Francisco remote work IT job. poo poo.

Lmao what an rear end in a top hat. Yeah people have the means to just pull up stakes and move whenever they want and also it’s too bad you’ve been priced out of the community you’ve spent years or decades or your whole life in just go somewhere else

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ex post facho posted:

Tell me you've never had a job other than computer touching without telling me.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Regional cost of living occurs in every nation on Earth. it’s hardly just an American thing.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

ex post facho posted:

thought this was a joke and not a syq wtf

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Azathoth posted:

they described how they wanted to murder the specific d&d poster they reported

lol

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ex post facho posted:

liberals: "just uproot your whole life, move to the coast and make fart apps. your whole family can live in a $5000/month closet with one bed for the first few years, right?"
also liberals: "boo-hoo can't afford housing in the places where we told you to move to in order to get a job? just uproot your whole life and move to the middle of nowhere."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Azathoth posted:

man sounds like D&D isn't great self-care after all huh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I'm sure just giving up and designating major cities as "only for rich people" is a great idea that couldn't possibly have any negative repercussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

ex post facho posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/12/24/upshot/24up-family.html
"The Typical American Lives Only 18 Miles From Mom ... Wealthier people can afford to pay for services like child and elder care, while low-income families are more likely to rely on nearby relatives."
"There are now seven potential family caregivers for every person over 80, which is expected to fall to four by 2030."