Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

squirrelzipper posted:

Also for console players or those who don’t use plugins, put an emote on a visible bar and when you’re casting the emote will be greyed out, as soon it’s clickable you can move.

Holy poo poo this actually works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Holy gently caress how have I not noticed this before. You're a genius.

I can’t take credit an FC member gave me that tip as I was using the Mac launcher with no plugins. I switched for gshade but still use this tip on BLM especially.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
I am now up to 8 failed Dalraida runs without a single success. They all die to time on the final boss with less than 20% HP. My average party size is 7. Why does this raid have so much HP when you go in with only a few people? Why is the reward so bad for how long it is, especially when not a lot of people are going in?

Today I failed on one with less than 1% HP remaining. I am running out of any desire to ever do this again unless they nerf it somehow. This is really bad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know there's no way around it, but it makes me laugh when they have you face down a boss in a cutscene, but it's a duty so the boss is just hovering there awkwardly a few feet away while you get the gang together.

Anyway the Omega raids are fun as hell, Alpha owns, Nero owns, eScape is a kickass song.

O11 is still one of my top three Raids in this game. I really like Omega.

troofs posted:

I am now up to 8 failed Dalraida runs without a single success. They all die to time on the final boss with less than 20% HP. My average party size is 7. Why does this raid have so much HP when you go in with only a few people? Why is the reward so bad for how long it is, especially when not a lot of people are going in?

Today I failed on one with less than 1% HP remaining. I am running out of any desire to ever do this again unless they nerf it somehow. This is really bad.

What Datacenter are you on?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

troofs posted:

Have you been instance surfing or have you tried and pfs? Damage in bozja is really inflated because of actions and echo is also applied based on the number of people, but less people also means that there’s less room for error on the mechanics. Going through pf will hopefully get you a group that is better at both doing the mechanics, using actions to clear faster, and provide information on both to make it smoother.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Dryzen posted:

Have you been instance surfing or have you tried and pfs? Damage in bozja is really inflated because of actions and echo is also applied based on the number of people, but less people also means that there’s less room for error on the mechanics. Going through pf will hopefully get you a group that is better at both doing the mechanics, using actions to clear faster, and provide information on both to make it smoother.

There are also some data center discords where people announce PF parties for CLL, Dalriada, Eureka, etc.

I was trying to get my FFXIV husbando their CLL clear and we went through like ten groups that couldn't make it through the first boss, so finally I just joined my DC's server and waited until someone announced a run that coincided with when we were online, and we nuked it down easy.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

CJ posted:

If you're on PC use the orchestration plugin to change song 862 to 860. If you're on console turn your speakers off i guess.

A friend of mine suggested Black Hole Sun so I made it into a Penumbra mod and I kind of like it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'd like to get back into Monk -- which I haven't played since I got it to level 80 a while ago. Is there a good place to go online to re-learn the new EW version of Monk? I've forgotten a lot Monk already, not to mention all the new changes that happened.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'd like to get back into Monk -- which I haven't played since I got it to level 80 a while ago. Is there a good place to go online to re-learn the new EW version of Monk? I've forgotten a lot Monk already, not to mention all the new changes that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTJQQRlcBXg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nothing like securing a come from behind victory in frontlines by doing nothing cause the other two teams are focused on killing each other while the game blesses us with tomestones in our territory.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Dryzen posted:

Yeah I'm definitely going to need to do this. I've just kept trying because I've been so close... I should at least be trying for more populated instances though.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

troofs posted:

Yeah I'm definitely going to need to do this. I've just kept trying because I've been so close... I should at least be trying for more populated instances though.

What job are you playing inside? There's a lot of ways to have basically permanent damage buffs to use in bozja, the easiest off the top of my head being anyone who can use beast essence which makes you heal from the damage you do + lost assassinate which activates font of power so you can way more easily live through raidwides without having to depend on healers while still doing good damage. There's other alternatives but that's the easy one I always fell back on when I was doing it

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah Dalriada was designed with the expectation of everyone inside using damage essences, not necessarily full cheese loadouts but something with passive +damage and at least one of the active ones that help. It wasn't too big a deal before Endwalker since you'd usually have 20+ people there so you could brute force it with corpse revivals if need be, but when you're in there with 5-7 folks everyone without them is a massive loss to your overall DPS, and similarly every death is a larger portion of your damage loss. If everything's going well the echo really does make up for damage and survivability, but it does nothing for the... party fragility, I guess, of really small raids. The final boss being genuinely rough until you've done it enough to know the mechanics doesn't help either.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I had a strange run in Dun Scaith last night, the group wiped several times to Proto Ultima because its aetherochemical flare raidwide was killing loads of people from full HP (specifically we were taking the raidwide damage and then half a second later another lot like we'd flubbed a mechanic). Looking online I'm only seeing it described as a bog standard raidwide, would anyone have any idea what was happening there?

derra
Dec 29, 2012

iPodschun posted:

Lice Cream is in DGKK. He also fixed the macro because someone corrected the % line

https://twitter.com/Ferrinus/status/1486455868786987012

If they are fixing it, by the time the macro ends it'll be up sooner than 90 seconds, no?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

derra posted:

If they are fixing it, by the time the macro ends it'll be up sooner than 90 seconds, no?

It's a 120s cooldown

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Are there other YouTubers with content at this level of quality? I’ve watched a lot of the more popular YouTubers videos and they often seem to optimize for the YouTube algorithm rather than deep diving on high quality, thorough information like weskalber does. I just look at The Balance discord and weskalber videos now

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gobbeldygook posted:

??? mighty guard, basic instinct, pom cure, aetherial manipulation, gobskin, sonic boom, and almost every dungeon boss is GG synced. every new attack spell you learn makes the next dungeon/trial a little easier.

I'm not saying it's not easy if you want to put in the effort, I'm saying that people do not want to put in the effort. I've played with BLUs gathering spells from trials and raids, I know.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

derra posted:

120s cooldown as mentioned and there are wait commands built in so that the different lines of the macro come out over the 30 second Ley Lines duration.

Also in another tweet he said the macro puts Target to Ignore 1 on his head

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i know there's a few JP datacenter players here, has this been your experience wrt streaming? it obviously doesn't apply to me since I don't play on a JP server but I don't think I'd ever have assumed streaming exdr was considered an invasion of privacy to another player

quote:

To give a context to non-Japanese players, most Japanese players have the aversion of not wanting to appear in someone else's stream because their gameplay will be exposed publicly to people, and in some really extreme cases (and this is especially prevalent amongst female players), see unsolicited streaming as a breach and invasion of privacy (This is not really about the person having malice intentions to begin with, but more of personal issues). Therefore FFXIV streaming is not really something players will pick up because of the reclusive nature of XIV Japanese players. Even worse when ACT is a thing to the Japanese players - Some really don't like you displaying the numbers in front of an audience.

While this doesn't mean you CAN'T stream your play in Japanese data center, You can, you don't have to shout around the DC trying to ask for permission or something so always feel free. But it's always recommended to have some consideration in mind and make really clear to the party involved that you're streaming (in your PF description, when talking to your static, make sure player names are shown in initials, etc) so that they don't get surprised for "appearing in camera without being known". This is one of the unspoken community rules in JP DC so hope this will help you understand the context behind that question.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it's a cultural thing, like pulling bone dragon north

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

The bit about streaming act is bad form anywhere I think, which is why the plugin has a blur option

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Paying SE to change my name and buying a fantasia when I raid to make sure streamers don't show my true virtual avatar

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Seems like basic good manners, I've run with a streamer on Famfrit and she made sure folks were okay with it. Isn't that one of the reasons streamers tend to fill parties from their viewers/guild (also because audience participation gets engagement)?

Also why most of them use a facecam, it can go right over the chat log.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
The name display settings also let you hide player names, or abbreviate them so you can't identify the player as easily. I stream FFXIV now and then and I usually trim everyone down to first initial and last initial and block the text box.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bruceski posted:

Yeah. Having a video feed from your webcam is the only currently known way to hide the chat window.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CJ posted:

Yeah. Having a video feed from your webcam is the only currently known way to hide the chat window.

"They're already killing a bird with that stone, I don't know why you're pointing out the second one."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bruceski posted:

Seems like basic good manners, I've run with a streamer on Famfrit and she made sure folks were okay with it. Isn't that one of the reasons streamers tend to fill parties from their viewers/guild (also because audience participation gets engagement)?

i guess i simply have not encountered that in any other mutliplayer game i've played, let alone considered it obvious and basic good manners.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Covering the chat log is also a good idea in general for streaming because who knows when someone's gonna /shout some heinous poo poo in Sharlayan

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
It's definitely A Thing in Japan. DQX even limits streaming to certain servers and has a special status they ask you to enable when you're live.

I always appreciate it when streamers give the party a heads up, don't necessarily want my voice and stuff projected everywhere without me knowing.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

pretty sure several Big Games have a streamer mode that replaces player names with generic class/character tags.

the chat log thing in particular is funny to me, because iirc no one cares until someone caught heat for streaming with their chat log fully in view while their fc members discussed possibly sabotaging Titan Hard runs to drive people to buy runs from them.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I finally saw enrage in P3S with a PF today. When I finally kill it I'm probably just gonna stop playing since nothing is gonna compare to the high of beating that loving bird.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

So I finally transferred to Excalibur, which FC should I join? I'm mostly a stoner playing solo as 90 SMN/DNC if that helps lol

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
That's a significant demographic of all of the FCs. The various FCs only exist because of the 512-player cap, so the population is more a function of just when people joined rather than, for example, the hardcore raiders splintering off into their own FC. Really, picking based on which FC name appeals to you the most or whose house location you prefer is as good a method as any.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
God, I hate the smoke VFX on the Cruise Chaser mount.

There's no way to turn it off, right? I like the music, but the smoke VFX makes me want to not use the mount.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Barreft posted:

So I finally transferred to Excalibur, which FC should I join? I'm mostly a stoner playing solo as 90 SMN/DNC if that helps lol

PBC is super chill if you wanna just run dailies with goons from time to time and bullshit in chat

I just assume the goons in the other guilds are subhuman trash because I, too, am subhuman trash

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

S.J. posted:

PBC is super chill if you wanna just run dailies with goons from time to time and bullshit in chat

I just assume the goons in the other guilds are subhuman trash because I, too, am subhuman trash

I picked PBC before seeing this so good call. I think I did it right

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also I think all the other Excalibur FCs are full.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Also I think all the other Excalibur FCs are full.

Eorzea Mahjong Club sure isn't! It's the least populated FC, but as someone who is used to smaller guilds that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zinkraptor posted:

Eorzea Mahjong Club sure isn't! It's the least populated FC, but as someone who is used to smaller guilds that's not necessarily a bad thing.

No, wait, you're right, EMC is the one I'm in, I should know this.