Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Deshaun Watson's agent David Mulugheta said Watson is "confident" in how his legal situation will play out.

"We’re pretty confident how this thing plays out,” Mulugheta said. "I think people around the NFL know who Deshaun is. That’s the reason the market was still as hot as it was. He’s still one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. He’ll continue to have an all-pro career moving forward." Watson's market heated up at the trade deadline, with the Panthers and Dolphins pursuing him. PFT's Mike Florio reported 18-of-22 plaintiffs were ready to settle their civil lawsuits against Watson in late October, with four holdouts keeping a deal with Miami from getting done. The NFL, who met with two of Watson's accusers and never placed him on the Commissioner's Exempt List, handling of Watson suggests the league is skeptical of the claims against him. There's no timeline or end in sight to Watson's legal battle, but more clarity on his status should come this offseason.

^ Rotoworld blurb.

The league is skeptical of the claims against him? What?

"Well, who has he sexually harassed lately? That's what I thought, bring him in!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His camp is drat good. Had us all thinking Miami and Houston had a deal sitting there when in reality nobody has wanted to touch him after initial review

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

please no

https://twitter.com/1PantherPlace/status/1477021603984773131?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1495755782545186819

Just an opinion thing though

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Watson trading freedom for prison time!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trade back for Tunsil.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Trade back for Tunsil.

Tunsil to Cincinnati makes a lot of sense

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His market would be insane. So many good teams need a LT.

Gonna be a cool off-season between now and draft

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wasn't Watsons deposition scheduled for earlier this month?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I get why we need to trade Tunsil and gently caress if I want to be paying his next deal but Davis Mills at least deserves something better than the David Carr treatment

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress no! I'd rather they draft Pickett or Willis and roll with the dogshit offensive line they have. If in 6 months we have Watson under center and no first round pick until 2025 this franchise will be hosed for a decade.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wasn’t there something about Watson saying no to Carolina

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wasn’t there something about Watson saying no to Carolina

I think it was actually Caroline saying no to Watson.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don’t recall that, but it was definitely Watson indicating he wouldn’t lift his no trade clause for them.

The Twitter responses are what make made me ask. Seems like everyone’s remembering it but nobody seems to have a specific report to link

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
He said he would only waive his no trade for Miami but that was because he wanted to play for Flores

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Omg he’s gonna be a Steeler

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

He said he would only waive his no trade for Miami but that was because he wanted to play for Flores

Maybe he’ll follow him to Pitt? Doubtful with the Rooneys but never know.

I just don’t see Watson going to Carolina. So naturally he’ll be traded to them tomorrow

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

There was definitely talk about Watson refusing to waive his no trade clause for Carolina. Whether it was true is another matter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Watson and his camp is going to talk up his wish to go to a good organisation to try and get him put in the best position possible. When Tampa Bay (the only current contender without a QB I guess) don't come calling and team's like Denver don't come close to matching the asking price his decisions will basically become - play for the texans or play for a team that's "not on the list" of his considered teams from Feb.

I don't want Watson in Carolina - at all, but I can forsee a scenario where a couple of guys get traded around and signed and we get to a week or two before the draft and both the big offers (3 firsts and players) from teams haven't come and the highest offers aren't from contenders. At this stage Watson and the Texans would likely see the wisdom making the best available deal with the most acceptable candidate.

It's all well and good for the Texans to say they want 3 firsts and for Watson to say he wants a shot at a ring immediately - the liklihood of both of those things happening - I think at least, is fairly unlikely.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Omg he’s gonna be a Steeler

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He might not want to play for a HC whose likely gone, ironically enough

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Is this an expirement in gaslighting? Why are you all discussing a tweet of a rumor on New Years Eve like it's breaking news?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol i didn’t even see the date. I don’t really use Twitter.

Fitz!!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Maybe he’ll follow him to Pitt? Doubtful with the Rooneys but never know.

Yes the Pittsburgh Steelers, famously zero tolerance for rapist QBs...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Q_res posted:

Yes the Pittsburgh Steelers, famously zero tolerance for rapist QBs...

You almost guessed it! Try again!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I can’t wait for the most tone-deaf “overcame adversity/controversy” broadcaster handling of Watson when he returns

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
he's a family man now

he came on the back of a whole family

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watson comeback player of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQseDjVp10I

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well Watson is now compelled to answer under oath for 9 accusers.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well Watson is now compelled to answer under oath for 9 accusers.

Interesting development.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Nobody else caught the extremely rough chuckle in this post?

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I think it was actually Caroline saying no to Watson.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I'm curious why it's only 9 of the 22?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

I'm curious why it's only 9 of the 22?

quote:

The court ruled Monday that Watson can be questioned under oath on allegations relating to nine of the pending civil cases. None of the women involved in those nine cases has filed a criminal complaint against Watson, and all of them have already provided depositions of their own in their ongoing civil cases.

Sounds like the rest may not have provided their own depositions yet, doesn't mean they won't and the number can increase

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Doesn't it also matter that the others have filed criminal complaints? Generally speaking you can't take the fifth in a civil proceeding in the same way you can in a criminal one but its different if the thing theyre suing you for is also a thing you are/might be charged with, right?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

fast cars loose anus posted:

Doesn't it also matter that the others have filed criminal complaints? Generally speaking you can't take the fifth in a civil proceeding in the same way you can in a criminal one but its different if the thing theyre suing you for is also a thing you are/might be charged with, right?
Yeah that sounds similar to the Bill Cosby case. Cosby was told that his testimony in a civil case would not be used in a criminal case, but then it was.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Being reminded of the Cosby case now has me wondering if the prosecution is taking things more slowly & methodically, because watching Bill walk happily out of prison thanks to the prosecution loving up was a :yikes: experience.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah that sounds similar to the Bill Cosby case. Cosby was told that his testimony in a civil case would not be used in a criminal case, but then it was.

That's also how he got back out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Being reminded of the Cosby case now has me wondering if the prosecution is taking things more slowly & methodically, because watching Bill walk happily out of prison thanks to the prosecution loving up was a :yikes: experience.

The prosecution didn't gently caress up. A previous prosecutor issued a blanket statement during a press conference that the trial judge deteremined did not convey any actual expectation of immunity prior to the trial. On appeal, the supreme court of PA held that the new prosecutor was bound by the old one's statement.

The case has been appealed to the SCOTUS and they're reviewing it during their next conference on March 4th. I have a feeling they are going to rule against Cosby as established precedent is on their side.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

The prosecution didn't gently caress up. A previous prosecutor issued a blanket statement during a press conference that the trial judge deteremined did not convey any actual expectation of immunity prior to the trial. On appeal, the supreme court of PA held that the new prosecutor was bound by the old one's statement.

The case has been appealed to the SCOTUS and they're reviewing it during their next conference on March 4th. I have a feeling they are going to rule against Cosby as established precedent is on their side.

In an update on this SCOTUS declined to hear the case. DeShaun gonna cut a similar deal and waltz back to football after all his "troubles"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/07/politics/supreme-court-bill-cosby/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Womp womp. Thanks for the update!