Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

X JAKK posted:

please dont gently caress up universe, that is all i ask. but you will. you always do.

They probably didn't change any of it at all. From 2k14 to 2k17, other than being able to chose storylines, Universe Mode didn't change at all. The CAW mode didn't update anything either. Once the PS4 had come out, 2K stopped updating them.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s so loving funny they made a general manager mode where you can’t book matches that were in 1998 games.

This is like the 25th SmackDown game

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
My understanding is that these match types just were not available in the build they gave to people, even in exhibition matches.

So I''m hoping that they let you do that stuff in GM Mode in the full release.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They're going to ship with only 10 person royal rumbles enabled so they can drop the Custom Rumble expansion for $9.99 for 30 man rumbles, maybe even 20!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/NDAtzGVoYFU

They explained some of the GM stuff

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/notkhris/status/1494747869542334471?s=21

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Maaan, the end of that Roman match, where Balor taps to silence, Roman finishes his animation and puts his hands back up to fight, and then the graphic and music and crowd pop all hit 5 seconds later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPGCbh3UKBk&t=300s

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is it just me or are the counts super long on these? The Roman/Balor match has maybe the longest one count I've ever seen.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's really impressive that they've somehow found a way to make the in-ring action look even worse.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

just ship HCTP you idiots. Just ship it again change nothing. all you have to do

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

They had an extra year to work on this one and I swear it looks like it might be worse than 2K20.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Psychepath posted:

Maaan, the end of that Roman match, where Balor taps to silence, Roman finishes his animation and puts his hands back up to fight, and then the graphic and music and crowd pop all hit 5 seconds later.

lol that slapping.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

counts are longer if you have the mash buttons kickout mode enabled, they're at 2k19 length if you change pinfalls to the timing minigame.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Not being able to do custom brands and whatnot in GM mode totally kills the whole deal for me

I spent like 15 hours in the last game only making stupid graphics and belts for my fake fed that consists of me and my friends so I can beat them up

I have played maybe 2 matches ever of actual gameplay

Instant edit I know universe mode is different but I was really looking forward to the gm mode stuff

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why the gently caress isn't the slingblade just a running move, this is just needless complication

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

why the gently caress isn't the slingblade just a running move, this is just needless complication

They didn't know how to program that

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Just watched a vid about the new combo system. Each person has 30 different combo moves, but don't worry, if you have trouble remembering whose combos are whose, you can pause the game and bring up a combo menu!

*flashbacks to Acclaim*

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
2k22 will manage to be worse than 2k20

Amazing

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Why hasn't there been a good WWE game in 2 decades?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They didn't know how to program that

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Just watched a vid about the new combo system. Each person has 30 different combo moves, but don't worry, if you have trouble remembering whose combos are whose, you can pause the game and bring up a combo menu!

*flashbacks to Acclaim*

Can the Undertaker shoot ghost hadoukens in this one?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Can the Undertaker shoot ghost hadoukens in this one?

the demon dizzy

bartok
May 10, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Why hasn't there been a good WWE game in 2 decades?

Last WWE game I truly enjoyed was All Stars.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

bartok posted:

Last WWE game I truly enjoyed was All Stars.

I didn't pick that one up. I think the last I got was RvS 07. Maybe 06. I felt burned from those and just followed the terrible reviews since.

Just looked up see when HCTP came out. 2003. It was nominated for Best Sports game and Best Fighting game by Spike TV's video game awards and actually WON for best fighting game. Can you loving imagine a WWE game winning anything in 2022??

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

That's Slingblade/Dropkick grapple. regular sling blade has been in the game for years

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I didn't pick that one up. I think the last I got was RvS 07. Maybe 06. I felt burned from those and just followed the terrible reviews since.

Just looked up see when HCTP came out. 2003. It was nominated for Best Sports game and Best Fighting game by Spike TV's video game awards and actually WON for best fighting game. Can you loving imagine a WWE game winning anything in 2022??
raw was airing on spike at the time so it may not have been the most unbiased choice.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Psychepath posted:

Reminds me of something that irked me about the first Injustice game (I forget if this happened in the sequel). You could KO someone with a big super move and they'd get up after the animation had finished only to fall right back down immediately after. It just made no sense.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HAHAHAHA ... In their ads for the new GM Mode, 2K didn't mention William Regal.

Probably not going to get a full roster reveal until AFTER the game comes out

https://twitter.com/TheSDHotel/status/1495775616163012608?s=20&t=IaFg5GCLzmSylRe8TQGTiA

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

STONE COLD 64 posted:

raw was airing on spike at the time so it may not have been the most unbiased choice.

Haha, touche.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So apparently GM Mode doesn't have online play unless you use a workaround like Steam Remote Play or whatever the Playstation equivalent is called, and for the Xbox there's just none period. Amazing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Drakkel posted:

So apparently GM Mode doesn't have online play unless you use a workaround like Steam Remote Play or whatever the Playstation equivalent is called, and for the Xbox there's just none period. Amazing.

it rules that they spent two years starting over from square one and the game is still gonna suck and be missing a ton of stuff

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Drakkel posted:

The made a mode that 97% of buyers won't mess with but streamers and content creators have been asking for, and just said gently caress it since those people have all figured out multiplayer workarounds over the past few years. It's lazy and bad optics but I kinda understand the thought process to get there.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Wonder how 2K would gently caress up Story Creator if they ever brought it back.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It was severely hosed up when it was in already. I say this as someone who used it for like... I forget how long to make a fed over in LP in about 2015 or so.

So many unnecessary limitations and glitches with tag entrances and ugh. It was horrible. I switched to using RenPy for that and never looked back. Sure I don't get in engine 3D stuff but at least I can do what I want.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

bartok posted:

Wonder how 2K would gently caress up Story Creator if they ever brought it back.

Full stories that match existing angles where the only thing you can create about it is who is in it, but only the side characters, the main character is Roman Reigns.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Probably the same way they hosed it up in the original games: making all the stories locked until you randomly encountered them and completed them in Universe Mode for no good reason.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Has there been anything showing the CAW system yet? That’s my favourite part of wrestling games and I’ve been wanting a new game to play around in.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dacap posted:

Has there been anything showing the CAW system yet? That’s my favourite part of wrestling games and I’ve been wanting a new game to play around in.

The only bits we've seen are probably from the career/story mode which for some reason is always completely different to how the regular CAW screen looks which is annoying as hell

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Dacap posted:

They have very specifically avoided showing any creation suite footage, which has people concerned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I had a PS3 for the longest time, and 2K14 was the last time they updated the CAW suite. 2K15, 2K16, 2K17 was exactly the same as the 2K14's on the PS3. . So I'm guessing they didn't do any real updates for the CAW this year, and starting new year they'll only update that poo poo on the PS5 version.