Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kenny explaining that at one point he was sleeping upside down for 5 minutes stretches because it was the ONLY way he could get enough pain relief to get any sleep at all was.... :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edit: nevermind!

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 20, 2022

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Kenny is disappointingly thoughtful and evenhanded regarding Cody going

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Hahaha

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

very respect

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Pro2Lariat/status/1495745942158458888
Proud of this dumb title I came up with due to seeing too much of my organizing overlap with what Adam Cole is trying to do with the Elite lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The retro segment of the new Deadlock where they're discussing the WM Rage Party is an all timer. I can't remember why/where it came up but I literally just saw the clip of Vince bobbing his head like a chicken to 'chocolate salty balls' like a week ago

Edit: Aw Johnny wasn't there for the Dynamite review so we don't get to hear him laugh at JR's "WHAT" in response to the motor city stretch

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 21, 2022

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

"2 of the loving people couldn't paddle!"- bryan referring to his 5 and 2 year old daughters

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

explosivo posted:

The retro segment of the new Deadlock where they're discussing the WM Rage Party is an all timer. I can't remember why/where it came up but I literally just saw the clip of Vince bobbing his head like a chicken to 'chocolate salty balls' like a week ago

Edit: Aw Johnny wasn't there for the Dynamite review so we don't get to hear him laugh at JR's "WHAT" in response to the motor city stretch

Getting some deep Tony-lore as well. Legit an all-time episode

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
are those guys all like 20? because i was in jr high for the cherry poppin daddies and they were fuckin inescapable.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mactheknife posted:

are those guys all like 20? because i was in jr high for the cherry poppin daddies and they were fuckin inescapable.

I always wondered this too, Johnny is I think 28 or 29 because he referenced being 6 (or around there, I can't remember exactly but it was under 10) when this show happened so I he might've just missed Zoot Suit Riot. Still though I never realized until today how weird the name Cherry Poppin Daddies is because I was only like 11 or 12 at the time.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

mactheknife posted:

Tony is thousands of years old

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

Tony is thousands of years old

The boy/girl parties were the first time he'd seen the opposite sex in centuries.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

I always wondered this too, Johnny is I think 28 or 29 because he referenced being 6 (or around there, I can't remember exactly but it was under 10) when this show happened so I he might've just missed Zoot Suit Riot. Still though I never realized until today how weird the name Cherry Poppin Daddies is because I was only like 11 or 12 at the time.

granted i was a jazz band ultra-dork so my knowledge of ska and swing is probably deeper than it should be but i was just stunned for that entire segment

stunned and dying laughing, but stunned

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Arbite posted:

He was right not to make best box office a vote but I would have liked to see those numbers.

Also:

Had never heard that bit before. Either way the rest is history.

Cody has transcended needing or wanting buy rates now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mactheknife posted:

granted i was a jazz band ultra-dork so my knowledge of ska and swing is probably deeper than it should be but i was just stunned for that entire segment

Same :hfive:

I remember making a sick Battlefield 1942 compilation video set to 'Hell' by the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Windows movie maker lol. Those were dark times.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/Sempervive/status/1496189632777699335

Semp is good, actually.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dave rules

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lmao

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I was astonished that they were surprised when Tony knew the melody to Zoot Suit Riot. I can't read those words without the melody popping into my head. I thought it was ubiquitous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incredible :lol:

Dave just breaking down the ENTIRE New Japan Cup (theorized) was amazing to listen to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Generico posted:

I was astonished that they were surprised when Tony knew the melody to Zoot Suit Riot. I can't read those words without the melody popping into my head. I thought it was ubiquitous.

I think Johnny is around my age and Pulse is a few years younger and I absolutely did not remember the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Zoot Suit Riot from my childhood, it was something I discovered and laughed at much later.

Tony was in his mid 40s at the time so it makes sense he'd remember

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
lmao at semp and lmao at deadlock

Great day for wrestling comedy my friends

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Zoot suit riot also parodied in weird Al's song Grapefruit diet. Which is where i heard it first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
This is a gimmick from the ELEVENTH CENTURY

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

El Generico posted:

If anyone I knew would tell me they know a song by a band called the Cherry Poppin' Daddies I would alse be astonished and concerned.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is a gimmick from the ELEVENTH CENTURY

Not that I've been keeping track, but that's gotta be the front-runner for #1 on the best-of thus far.

Bryan rules :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I liked gently caress THAT BUG better but hawaii bryan is an even bigger delight to listen to than usual

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Jerusalem posted:

Incredible :lol:

Dave just breaking down the ENTIRE New Japan Cup (theorized) was amazing to listen to.

one of my favorite Dave moments in recent memory. really left no stone unturned

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IGgy IGsen posted:

If anyone I knew would tell me they know a song by a band called the Cherry Poppin' Daddies I would alse be astonished and concerned.

If you were old enough to be listening to music in the late 90's in America, you couldn't really escape Zoot Suit Riot

(throw back a bottle of beer)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
There's the problem. I'm not American. Pfft, cherry poppin' daddies didn't even have the international appeal of Loe Bega.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

IGgy IGsen posted:

There's the problem. I'm not American. Pfft, cherry poppin' daddies didn't even have the international appeal of Loe Bega.

Yeah, it seems like a blessing that "swing revival" didn't make it overseas. Because nothing I'm reading about this makes it seem like I missed much.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The ticket talk is fascinating. We basically are in a world where very few of the general public are willing to go to giant live events, but those who do are willing to pay any ticket price to go to the ones they want to go to.

Glad I'm not an indy promoter.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, it seems like a blessing that "swing revival" didn't make it overseas. Because nothing I'm reading about this makes it seem like I missed much.

Yeah, I'm not saying that it was any good, trust me. Just that for a period of time it was kind of inescapable.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

If you were old enough to be listening to music in the late 90's in America, you couldn't really escape Zoot Suit Riot

(throw back a bottle of beer)

That and whatever song the Brian Seltzer Orchestra had that was on rotation about twice an hour on pop stations back then.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

forkboy84 posted:

this sums the whole thing up pretty succinctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ735krOiPo

nothing jazzier than khakis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

the swing revival was awesome and you are all cowards.