Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Oh, he’s been a complete poo poo about sexual harassment issues. No doubt at all. Given NJPW’s track record I’d bet he’s not gonna have to answer for that, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Still a stupid little man.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Prestige in Portland last night was a wild show; Taya Valkyrie was in a deathmatch and at the end was attacked by a masked woman who hosed her over to give Taya’s opponent the win and then unmasked to reveal that she was Athena and the place POPPED.

BUSSY v Paxxx Americana was sloppy fun

Malakai Black v Davey Richards owned and Brody King appeared at the end

and good ol’ Filthy Tom showed up to make Alex Shelley v Dalton Castle a three-way title match.

The show was at a concert venue called the Roseland (which is TRASH) but the next one is gonna be at an armory which is worse. Wrestling, y’all.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Man this venue sucks but at least they didn't book the Fart Barn again

"Folks before we do the 50/50 Draw just wanted to remind everyone next month's show we'll be back across town at the Fart Barn!"

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

the escape goat posted:

Prestige in Portland last night was a wild show; Taya Valkyrie was in a deathmatch and at the end was attacked by a masked woman who hosed her over to give Taya’s opponent the win and then unmasked to reveal that she was Athena and the place POPPED.

BUSSY v Paxxx Americana was sloppy fun

Malakai Black v Davey Richards owned and Brody King appeared at the end

and good ol’ Filthy Tom showed up to make Alex Shelley v Dalton Castle a three-way title match.

The show was at a concert venue called the Roseland (which is TRASH) but the next one is gonna be at an armory which is worse. Wrestling, y’all.

I was kind of astounded by the unannounced appearances (including Alex Zayne too) for what’s still a relatively unestablished indie. This is not a complaint.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Biff Busick is wrestling Minoru Suzuki at the Dallas wrestlecon as well as wrestling on Bloodsport & Janela's Spring Break

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Hey fellow Prestige going goons.
That was my first live wrestling show in 2~ years. Previous was NXT TakeOver Portland.
Went with a few friends and my 72 year old father-in-law who was tossed like 6 feet by Brody King in the dark. Security came by and told us it was going to "get wild" over here and make sure we weren't in the aisle. Think Brody got lost on the way because he somehow ended up between me and my father-in-law and jumping over the chair in front of us. When the lights came back up the old man had disappeared. Show was a lot of fun and even though he was tossed into another aisle with his hat going a whole other direction he still wants to see more. Luckily he wasn't too sore this morning and even texted me "Brody King is 6'5" 285 pounds!"
Effy liked my Kris Statlander shirt and told a story about her eating way too much candy. I had never seen an Effy match before but was familiar with his name. His wild eyes sold me on everything and I want to see more.
Danhausen cursed me, it was probably suppose to be me taking the Brody bump.
We will probably end up at those April/May shows.
Was very happy with the crowd not being dicks to any of the wrestlers.

edit - What is Alex Zaynes deal? I am mostly familiar with WWE, AEW, New Japan, and a handful of indie wrestlers from lurking the wrestling threads. I recognized almost every name on the card but his. He got a big reaction and is the sauce boss?

Blankspot fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 22, 2022

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I saw the aftermath of Brody and your father-in-law and figured that’s what happened, glad he’s ok and had fun though. Zayne was gaining momentum as a flip and dive guy pre-pandemic and got picked up by NXT for 6 months before getting released. At the first Roseland show he won two matches in one night (a singles match filling in for Tony Deppen, whose flight was delayed and a six man scramble.) During the scramble he did a running tope off the balcony and think that made people remember him the last couple years. He’s called Sayce because he likes Taco Bell fire sauce.

Also, somewhat notable, but Levi Cooper (fka Tucker of Heavy Machinery) popped up in the tag scramble in what I think was his first post WWE release match. He’s dropped a lot of weight and looked pretty good.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 22, 2022

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Thanks for the Zayne information. I enjoyed what he did. If he was on NXT or 205live NXT LEVEL UP! mid to late 2019 I think I had checked out at that point and probably missed him.
I saw Tucker there too and pointed him out to the father-in-law who happened to golf with him a couple years back. I agree that he looked way more trim than ever before.
I recognized Cody Chung I think from AEW pandemic Darks?
Didn't recognize Davey Richards at first and then like 4 minutes into the match leaned over to my friends and asked "Is that the guy confused by cell phones and technology?" They weren't sure but did confirm he made a sexy tape for his wife. Watching the dudes thigh turn from normal to pink to purple with how much Malakai was kicking him. Was wild.
I have also only been to a handful of non WWE shows but the modified chants for cleaning up after the hardcore tag team match was cracking me up. Don't know if that is common but never heard it at any of the DOA or Hoodslam shows I went too.

Blankspot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 22, 2022

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm gonna see EFFY and Taya Valkyrie live on Friday. Hooray.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Blankspot posted:

edit - What is Alex Zaynes deal? I am mostly familiar with WWE, AEW, New Japan, and a handful of indie wrestlers from lurking the wrestling threads. I recognized almost every name on the card but his. He got a big reaction and is the sauce boss?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GugiHb6zCg

He was one of the most bizarre WWE signings ever because he's everything they didn't want - he was small, much older than he appears, known for stupid bumps, balcony dives, flips, and when he did a running 630 over the top rope through a table.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Alex Zayne can jump over a car. John Cena can't do that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1496531026297950211

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

But I know what he forces on other people, specifically women who make him angry.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Deleted, what did it say

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Deleted, what did it say

https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/1496541886076624902?s=20&t=12Iix2sEwRmlKZnWzWp5yA
This but he had a typo in the Control Your Narrative hashtag

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GugiHb6zCg

He was one of the most bizarre WWE signings ever because he's everything they didn't want - he was small, much older than he appears, known for stupid bumps, balcony dives, flips, and when he did a running 630 over the top rope through a table.

You're right about all of that except Zayne isn't small at all. He's like a legit 6'1. When I first found out how old he was I was shocked because he doesn't look or move like a 35 something flippy dude.

He rules though and seeing him live is always a treat.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This might be bullshit but wouldn't surprise me given the people involved

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

jfc that entire thing sounds abominable

oh well, if this means we have a quarantine ground for the David Starrs and Jimmy Havocs of the world, then it also means other promoters know who not to book in the future lmao

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

One show, two tops until there is a booker. Sounds like such a dumpster fire.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Was just thinking things had been too quiet in terms of “disaster wrestling” during the COVID era

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I hope the chud larp efed does well

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You all scoff but Austin Aries vs Mike Pillow is a money match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

double plus america wrestling

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
We're about to watch that story about a becoming a nazi bar play out in real time with a wrestling promotion

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tampa Bae posted:

We're about to watch that story about a becoming a nazi bar play out in real time with a wrestling promotion

I don’t think that story applies to bars that start as nazi bars.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The CYN "leaks" are very fake with maybe two real details in there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Any of those details being true still sounds pretty crummy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think it's funny that having ADR being allowed was a bridge too far for the fake post.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I wouldn't put it past Rumble to throw money at this. I don't think anyone else mentioned would though. Control Your Narrative is still one of the worst names for a wrestling promotion/thing ever though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1496162415637143552
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1495791488197967875
Tonight!
Will say that the Casket Match is pretty funny for funny Indie reasons while Uno vs Surreal is just a good rear end match

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MassRafTer posted:

All I care about is the no booker part. Gimme that real-life eFed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, "CYN is backed by lots of right wing political names and I think Trump may even be involved and every single wrestler who has been cancelled or derided is part of it" just feels way too on the nose to be real.

Then again reality's been doing that a lot lately.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, "CYN is backed by lots of right wing political names and I think Trump may even be involved and every single wrestler who has been cancelled or derided is part of it" just feels way too on the nose to be real.

Then again reality's been doing that a lot lately.

I like how the evidence they point to that indicates Trump is involved is that... they have a lot of shows booked in New Jersey?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

Which ones? Is one of them that they have actual money coming from Rumble or elsewhere?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
just lol at not having a booker to at least decide on who goes over

that's just asking for some divisive politics

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

"They come up to me, big guys, some of the biggest guys you'll ever see, and they say, Mister Trump, we want your help, we're trying to tell a story, get the truth out there, and you know me, Donald Trump has always been a big fan of the truth, so I ask, what is it, what's the truth? And they say that the truth, the story is that they're tired of their narrative being controlled, they've got tears in their eyes, they want to prove Vince wrong, and I'm like, come on, come on now, Vince? He's a good guy, I shaved his head, he's always been a friend, but they say he's a fake friend! A fake friend, can you believe that? They say they trusted him and he betrayed them, I know what it's like to be betrayed, it's not fun, folks, it's not fun, and so I look them in the eye, and I say, what do you need, and they say they just need my endorsement, so I'm here to say that I, president Donald Trump, officially endorse The Narrative, which you can find... somewhere."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

Which ones? Is one of them that they have actual money coming from Rumble or elsewhere?

I am speaking more generally, there's enough rumors about it that seem like they might have some basis so I think someone just took those and expanded on it with a bunch of goofy stuff. The Rumble thing is getting repeated a bunch by people who might know more than I do but I didn't see it before this post.

Also if you remember the original 2020 GCW vs GCW controversy I decided to catch up on our friends at Generation Championship Wrestling and they are still doing whatever it is they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXMyfSJW_sM

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol that the entire weird CYN leak was proven false just by way of Brian Cage's option with AEW being renewed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1496162415637143552
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1495791488197967875
Tonight!
Will say that the Casket Match is pretty funny for funny Indie reasons while Uno vs Surreal is just a good rear end match
Whole event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZquCXU7Ppk
Can't wait for the next show in April