Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have been extremely in a Kirby mood because of the looming new release. I played star allies when it first came out but I know it got lots of patches since then that added more content. I’ll be playing alone if I do but is it worth it to go mess with that stuff if I thought star allies was just okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

jackhunter64 posted:

Check for a 'Picture Size' button on your remote, I have a Samsung TV too and it overscans the Switch if it's set to 'Auto' but fits perfect if set directly to 16:9.

There was definitely a “fit to screen” setting set to AUTO underneath the aspect setting. Turned it to 16:9 and just ON and it went to a normal size!

I have been dealing with this for like 3 years. If this did it I love you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The DLC for Smash Ultimate kind of confuses me, mostly because I haven't been paying attention to the releases. I do know it's all over with and I've only bought Minecraft Steve so far.

What's my best deal for getting dlc? Is there anyone who's not worth it? Do the levels make up for fighters like that?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm pretty sure you save some amount of money by buying the season passes over buying the characters individually.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The DLC for Smash Ultimate kind of confuses me, mostly because I haven't been paying attention to the releases. I do know it's all over with and I've only bought Minecraft Steve so far.

What's my best deal for getting dlc? Is there anyone who's not worth it? Do the levels make up for fighters like that?

All the characters are fun to play as. Best way is get both fighter passes. It’s cheaper than getting them individually.

Not sure how it works if you already bought one character though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I could be wrong here…

But if you already bought just one character individually then you don’t really save anything buying the rest of the characters from that pack individually vs buying everything in that bundle. I don’t even know if it lets you buy the whole pack if you’ve bought one character, because I think at that point the pack is a few cents more expensive.

The only way to save money on it is if you get a digital code from somewhere at a discount. Like using Reward Zone dollars from Best Buy, or using Target’s red card 5% back. You can also do something like buy Nintendo Gift Cards from Costco because you save 10% and then buy it from the store with the funds.

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Was hangin' out with some people last night who were talkin' about micro-doses of mushrooms. I asked if any of 'em liked Tetris. May've sold like 4 copies of Tetris Effect that evening.

You're welcome, Nintendo.

And maybe Steam, but if the guy with the Occulus gets Tetris Effect then I'm going over to wherever he lives 'cause that'd be the first VR experience I've been excited about since the late-'90s.

Not a shrooms guy, but I played through Tetris Effect on both the Switch and the Valve Index. For an idea of my VR credentials, I put probably a couple hundred hours into various games (mostly Beat Saber and Pistol Whip) at the beginning of the pandemic, so I'm not a newbie to VR or synesthesia-heavy rhythm games by any stretch, but it had been a little while since I dusted off the Index when I played it.

Tetris Effect played on a TV with a normal set of speakers is fun. Played on a TV with a good pair of headphones and a couple extra Joy-Cons in your shirt pockets for the bonus HD rumble, it's immersive enough to be a strikingly memorable experience. Played in VR, it's almost overwhelming, to the point where I think that's the closest I've gotten to the feeling that people describe as "spiritual". It's absolutely worth doing, but it's almost difficult to view it as a game at that point, if that makes any sense.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Palmtree Panic posted:

All the characters are fun to play as. Best way is get both fighter passes. It’s cheaper than getting them individually.

Not sure how it works if you already bought one character though.

The one character you have to buy separately is Petey Piranha because it was some kind of promotional thing that was time based back when he was a free download.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my girlfriend has become obsessive about animal crossing to the extent where my switch lite is just her second mule island device now and I'm thinking about picking it up so I know what the gently caress she's talking about and its like 40 bucks on amazon, I'm just looking around at other cheap games and pikmin 3 is 50, is that a buy if I feel like I want to treat myself to a fun game?

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Tetris Effect in VR owns

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Tetris Effect owns

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

my girlfriend has become obsessive about animal crossing to the extent where my switch lite is just her second mule island device now and I'm thinking about picking it up so I know what the gently caress she's talking about and its like 40 bucks on amazon, I'm just looking around at other cheap games and pikmin 3 is 50, is that a buy if I feel like I want to treat myself to a fun game?

Pikmin 3 is fun and cute yeah

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Pikmin 3 has some nice co-op if you can drag your girlfriend away from Animal Crossing. Played through the whole main story with my 6 year old, we loved it

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I did it!!!

Just under 37 hours. There was one mega-picross that gave me a lot of trouble.

Now for S2.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Pikmin 3 is a fun breezy game. Definitely pick up if you’re interested in the series.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Not coming to the Switch, which is kinda disappointing since the first was a DS title.

Not quite; That was a port of a PS1 game.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Nestharken posted:

It's absolutely worth doing, but it's almost difficult to view it as a game at that point, if that makes any sense.

That does indeed, and I wasn't aware of the extra-joycon functionality but I'll have to give that a go next time my tendons are up for Tetris.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Very late but I finally built the heavily discounted VR Labo kit I bought a few years ago and its pretty darn cool for being a cheap little thing. It's low res, yes, but it doesn't bother me much more than how the Oculus Quest looks. Works fine with the OLED Switch too.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not quite; That was a port of a PS1 game.
Which was itself a port of a Saturn game.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They should go ahead and port Lunar while there at it. It's already been on 20 systems any way.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

cryptoclastic posted:

I did it!!!

Just under 37 hours. There was one mega-picross that gave me a lot of trouble.

Now for S2.

Well done! Always feels good to complete one of those games

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Not coming to the Switch, which is kinda disappointing since the first was a DS title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quwZQSEStRI

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
How the taint-chafing gently caress does the Switch still not have Final Fantasy Tactics.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Commander Keene posted:

Which was itself a port of a Saturn game.

That was it. For some reason I thought PS1, not Saturn.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bleck posted:

How the taint-chafing gently caress

whoa.....

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bleck posted:

How the taint-chafing gently caress does the Switch still not have Final Fantasy Tactics.

Because it's not a phone

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dont make demands of nintendo in this thread

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was it. For some reason I thought PS1, not Saturn.
There is also a PlayStation version which came out in '99, but the first version is the Saturn version from '97. I think there's also a PSP version, but that might just be the first Devil Summoner game.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

dont make demands of nintendo in this thread

I demand Nintendo stop having so many good games for their system. I love getting drunk and high and real hosed up and I keep waking up covered in Nintendo games like they are beer bottles in a comedy movie

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGeCOPHxho

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Not enough Saturn games on Switch

Probably because the Switch couldn't handle them

*weeps as Dragon Force menu music plays*

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

we need dragon force AND shining force 3 all three episodes, when it comes to saturn games that end in force

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Alan_Shore posted:

Not enough Saturn games on Switch

Probably because the Switch couldn't handle them

*weeps as Dragon Force menu music plays*

Baroque original version has been out for years.

In Japan only.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Nep-Nep posted:

I have been extremely in a Kirby mood because of the looming new release. I played star allies when it first came out but I know it got lots of patches since then that added more content. I’ll be playing alone if I do but is it worth it to go mess with that stuff if I thought star allies was just okay?

If you keep Kirby in your heart then Yes. The DLC is a real love letter to the series.

If anything get Terry who just brings in a ton of music and an awesome stage. I'd argue that stuff like Sephiroth, Min Min, and Joker also bring great tracks and levels. If the characters don't interest you then those will do for those reasons alone.

Nestharken posted:

Not a shrooms guy, but I played through Tetris Effect on both the Switch and the Valve Index. For an idea of my VR credentials, I put probably a couple hundred hours into various games (mostly Beat Saber and Pistol Whip) at the beginning of the pandemic, so I'm not a newbie to VR or synesthesia-heavy rhythm games by any stretch, but it had been a little while since I dusted off the Index when I played it.

Tetris Effect played on a TV with a normal set of speakers is fun. Played on a TV with a good pair of headphones and a couple extra Joy-Cons in your shirt pockets for the bonus HD rumble, it's immersive enough to be a strikingly memorable experience. Played in VR, it's almost overwhelming, to the point where I think that's the closest I've gotten to the feeling that people describe as "spiritual". It's absolutely worth doing, but it's almost difficult to view it as a game at that point, if that makes any sense.

I tried it briefly and it was pretty intense but I hated the controls! There's no d-pad what the heck are you supposed to? Joy stick tetris is not good.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It'll definitely be more fun than Chore Simulator.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

Bleck posted:

This is exactly what I said and everyone called me gay. :saddowns:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That was unrelated to final fantasy tactics

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nep-Nep posted:

The real replayability is in the Guest Star Mode, but there is a new mode, “Heroes in Another Dimension” that is actually challenging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bleck posted:

How indeed? I was just remembering the other day how much that game owns. I would totally play it again. I never did get to play the War of the Lions version, cuz I never had a PSP or a Vita. I know I could get it on my phone but ehhhhhh, I don't wanna.